Cervix checkers before your BFP!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I have about 4 days before I should start my period ( assuming it went back to a 35 day cycle). I have been constantly checking my cervix for about 3 cycles. I have never had this happen so I need some advice. I was checking my cervix today and realized it is tender to the touch. Did your have a tender cervix before you BFP? I didn't check with my other 2 pregnancies, although I do remember it being tender when we DTD. My CM is also like a white creamy lotion, and my CP is higher than AF but lower than O. It is completely closed and slimy (which is new to me also). It seems soft but not as soft as O. It seems to feel swollen. 

What was your cervix like before you got your BFP?

#2 of 14 Old 11-22-2011, 11:43 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

A pregnant cervix tends to feel "velvety" and can be easily irritated (sore, bleed, etc.).  However, your cervix changes a lot during your LP so it really is not a great indicator for what is going on.  The cervical os will open slightly just prior to menstruation to allow the blood to pass through.  A pregnant cervix will remain closed.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 14 Old 11-22-2011, 01:08 PM

Funny you should ask this...I was obsessively checking my cervix from 11 DPO this past BFP cycle.  On 11 and 12, it was medium and firm, on 13 it got soft but still medium.  I was so excited that maybe that meant BFP.  On 14 DPO it got firm again and I thought AF was definately on her way.  I tested at 15 or 16 DPO and got a BFP.  I stopped checking it immediately after that so I don't know when it got soft again but I just checked it last week and it's very high and smooshy.  I second Jaimee though that it could just be normal LP variation.  I don't know what that one soft day was about. 

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#4 of 14 Old 11-22-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

I am not sure it is velvety. lol. Just slimy but really tender and easy to irritate. Sometimes I wish I would have known this stuff with my other pregnancy. I guess it is never too late to learn your body. lol. Although learning my body is really starting to gross me out when it comes to DTD. 

#5 of 14 Old 11-22-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ya after my af it went back down and hard. Then it went way up and stayed that way until a few days ago. that is when I realized it was tender to the touch, slimy, and swollen. Usually(tmi) I move my finger around my cervix so I can make sure I get enough CM to test it out. There isn't any room to do that now. lol. But I would say semi soft or hard, and semi high or low. Which ever you look at it. hehe. I am just ready to find out because I start a job tomorrow and it consists of lifting people all day. I have horrible pregnancies so I need to take early precautions if I want to make sure everything runs smoothly. Hoping for a freak accident and having a completely easy pregnancy. It would be the first. my son was hard and my daughter was the worst. I about lost her 4 times and then after birth. So we got lucky. They said it could have been from not letting my body heal from a few surgeries I have had. I think 2 years and a few months is long enough. hehe

#6 of 14 Old 11-23-2011, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

wave.gif just another update on my cervix. I find this weird because it has never been in this position. It seems to be up high, but usually my cervical opening is facing downward so when I check it i feel the opening right away. When I checked it today it I went in and felt the side of it. When moving my finger around I found that my opening is facing to the back of my vagina wall. I am not saying this is a pregnancy symptoms, but I am confused. It is still tightly closed and semi wet, I am not getting a whole lot of CM with it. I have tried to  search tilted cervix but all I get is tilted uterus and will it cause issues with conceiving. Any ideas..... did this happen before you BFP? Thanks in advance. And happy turkey day to all of you and your families!

I am going to test in the morning again. It will bring me either 12dpo or 22 dpo. ( there are two possible days I may have ovulated so since I never got a bfp I am assuming my cycle changed back to its normal 35 days. I will not know for sure until I get a scan if I am pregnant. 

#7 of 14 Old 11-23-2011, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

Funny you should ask this...I was obsessively checking my cervix from 11 DPO this past BFP cycle.  On 11 and 12, it was medium and firm, on 13 it got soft but still medium.  I was so excited that maybe that meant BFP.  On 14 DPO it got firm again and I thought AF was definately on her way.  I tested at 15 or 16 DPO and got a BFP.  I stopped checking it immediately after that so I don't know when it got soft again but I just checked it last week and it's very high and smooshy.  I second Jaimee though that it could just be normal LP variation.  I don't know what that one soft day was about. 

I am not sure my LP because since I had the marina iud removed my cycles are changing. It went to a 26 to 24 and maybe now back to pre marina which is 35 days exactly. I do feel pregnant. I have pretty much had more symptoms this time then before I found out with my kiddos. Right now, my gums are killing me and I feel like all my teeth are loose, even though they are not I have checked. hehe

#8 of 14 Old 11-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabug911 View Post

wave.gif just another update on my cervix. I find this weird because it has never been in this position. It seems to be up high, but usually my cervical opening is facing downward so when I check it i feel the opening right away. When I checked it today it I went in and felt the side of it. When moving my finger around I found that my opening is facing to the back of my vagina wall.

It is very common for the cervix to be posterior.  When pregnant, prior to labor, one of the things the cervix needs to do is move forward as it effaces. 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#9 of 14 Old 11-26-2011, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

I remember my doctor said I had a retroverted cervix, if I said that right, when I was at the middle of my pregnancy with my daughter. Dang I wish I would have started a long time ago. Sometimes I feel like my cervix is on crack! lol

I am due to start today, also assuming it is a 35 day cycle. I am going to wait a few days before I take anymore tests. I have been doing good the past few days. I am also aware it could be my cycles still screwed up from the BC being removed. I hope it isn't that since AF has came the last 3 months. 

But I remember you mentioned to me about a cyst bursting. I know I have had trouble in my past with them, but with everything else going on in my stomach at the time I couldn't tell you if I had one burst. But with endometriosis it is vary likely that is what happened. My Overy could have inflamed again to. I guess I won't know until I see if I am or not. If I am not I think it will time to see a doctor and maybe think about surgery again! I was hoping to have one more pregnancy before I had to chose to have it again... I figured i would just have a full hysterectomy. This way I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. lol. Heck I figured if I can't have anymore kiddos I don't need an AF anyway. 

#10 of 14 Old 11-26-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabug911 View Post

But I remember you mentioned to me about a cyst bursting.

Me?  In another thread?  I don't remember, LOL!  Keep us updated when you test!

#11 of 14 Old 11-26-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Yes I believe it was in another thread! lol. ROTFLMAO.gif I will keep you updated when I figure out what is going on!

#12 of 14 Old 07-12-2013, 02:42 AM

Did you find out if you was pregnant or not ? My cervix is low very soft and closed but with what feels like a bump closing the cervix
#13 of 14 Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 AM

I have this! Did you ever find out if you were pregnant?

#14 of 14 Old 09-07-2014, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
High Cervix, Light Period????

Ok so here it goes....I am new to all this checking cp and cm and am trying to conceive. LMP was July 30th and lasted 6 days. I have a very regular cycle and have had two pregnancies and I miscarriage. I had intercourse the week I would have ovulated and marked on calender. July 9,10,11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Than a couple days later I began having frequent urination which I had with my first pregnancy as a sign so I though I would let it go since it wasn't really bothering me, no pain. I want to also mention that my cp remained high and soft and wet. I had mucusy clear sometimes yellow discharge for a week also and sometimes when i would check cp. 11po I had a pink spot and than i started having signs my period was going to show up, tender breasts, cramps etc. I ended up going to a walk in clinic to get checked to see why I was having frequent urination because at this point I was going alot! I had a uti and was given medication. They asked if I there was a chance I could be pregnant and I said yes. They sent me to get blood taken and did a urine test which both came back negative. So anyways she gave me antibiotics. I was late for period 3 days and the first day I took antibiotics I started to spot. I thought for sure this was my period and I guess I am not pregnant. I had horrible pain and diareha from antibiotics and only spotted for a couple days, bright red blood and only left a stain in the pad(which I could have used only one pad all day because it wasn't much blood). 4 days of bright red that stopped and started and than for two days very light pink only when I wiped. I thought this was very strange, I also checked cp during the bleed and it was high and soft. I lost 5 pounds and started to become bloated to the point none of my pants would fit! I felt pregnant and fat!!!! It is now 26dpo and I still have a high soft and wet cervix. CM is creamy white and all pt are negative. A friend of mine had a weird period like mine and ended up testing at 8 weeks positive but before all negative tests. I am going to continue to test. Oh I should mention also my symptoms. Nausea, consitpation, bloated, hungry, tired, low blood pressure(my doctor said I have the blood pressure of a 12 year old girl and I am 35), frequent urination, headache, emotional, HOT. The only thing I do not have is sore boobs which was a dead give away for my other pregnancies. This week I will continue to check cp and cm and test and will keep you updated. I have no idea why my cervix has remained soft and high and wet for this long. Oh last night it dropped and now it is so high I can barley reach it. Doctor has sent me for blood work to check thyroid, diabetes and thinks I may have a liver problem. I have no idea what is going on with my body. All I know is that I had the best sex ever for that one week straight and now I am having all of these issues!!! I will keep you posted! Oh also said possible early menopause.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page