Nursing Mamas TTC -- December - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 169 Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

LawMama-  This is my first time charting.  I just found out about the book last month so I did start charting mid-cycle but I had no idea what day I was on so it was just to get a hang of temping and charting.  Right now my cycles are about 30 days since I seem to get AF around the the end of the month.  I had fertile fluid for the first time last month on and off for about a week and felt a little crampy mid-cycle so I think my body is trying O but with the teething and poor sleeping going on here right now I'm not holding my breath.  I figure things will happen when they are meant to, DS1 is proof of that!

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 169 Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Carmen: Congratulations!!!! joy.gif I hope this one is super sticky!!! :) Keep up posted on your results! I am so excited for you!!

Lawmama: I'm fairly new to charting (4 months) but i thought i would jump in and see if i can help. From what i have gathered the TRUE only way to test to see if you ovulate is to have an ultrasound done to try and track and egg. Since this isn't practical, the usually accepted way to see if you ovulate is from a temperature shift of .4 or more (ish). You can have other fertile symptoms (cramping, EWCM, Cervical position, etc) but if you don't have the temperature shift than you haven't ovulated. And then when your period starts it would be an annovulatory cycle. For me my cycles took a few months to regulate to a normal 30ish day cycle. Now they are pretty clockwork and it should be interesting to see if things change with weaning... but i'm not sure! And when it comes to conceiving on demand, I'm finally having to accept that my plan isn't always the plan. I had always assumed if i started TTC 3 months before my "ideal" date then i would have a 3 months before and 3 months after date buffer to get pregnant. But i'm going on 2 months past that so i think sometimes control doesn't always work (though in your case i hope it does!!! winky.gif

amydiane: Well i guess it is a good sign though that you are having symptoms more like with your daughter! Hopefully this month things will get sticky and you can continue nursing and being pregnant! :)

Welcome wp and jr'smom!!!

Starlight: i hope this is the one!!

AFM: I think every time i am away from this board i start to feel okay about weaning and then i get on here and see everyone else and i start to second guess my decision. haha. I've been a little off. Still nursing about once a day. I think i might keep with that and see if i can get pregnant on just once a day. (maybe try two months of it...) I mean come on, it's ONLY once a day right?! (does it even work like that?!?! Does anyone know?!?! Would nursing LESS make any difference or do i need to be DONE?) I've been feeling really off which i assume if from nursing for 3 years and now stopping. But man, if i didn't KNOW i wasn't pregnant i would swear to you that i was. Bummer though! I'm on CD 8 (i think) and the wait to O is KILLING me. Oh well. I have a TON of Christmas sewing to finish up! 

Does anyone have any fun Christmas plans? We are heading to see family (both of our families live in the same state) for a week and i am SOOSOSOOS excited! I can hardly wait! Luckily we have a little downstairs suite at my parent's house where we will be around O date so BDing should be unrestricted Sheepish.gif

#63 of 169 Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 AM

Carmen - Congrats!  The homeopathic progesterone is just called Progesterone, its just really low homeopathic dosing.I have to get it from my homeopath, not sure where else to get it.

AFM - CD11, just waiting to O.  I have a few free VIP days on FF which is fun!  No real signs of O yet, normally I have a lot of EWCM for about 5 days before, so we will see.  We are trying to DTD everyday through O, we hopefully we can stick with it.  My chart is much smoother this month, not sure if that is a good sign.

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#64 of 169 Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post

ETZ x2: HopefulJo, don't I remember you from the TTC in our 20s thread?!? :)

Yep! I remember you, too! Glad to see a familiar "face" here! Welcome! Can you believe our DS's are almost 1?

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#65 of 169 Old 12-12-2011, 09:30 AM

Sorry I went MIA ladies!  That spotting I was so excited about turned into AF by the next day.  I was so positive that I was pregnant because I've never had spotting when I wasn't pregnant.  I guess I either miscalculated when I o'd or I just had a super short LP.  Either way, what a bummer!  I think we are taking this next month off to enjoy the holidays without thinking about TTC and we'll start up in January when we go on our vacation.

Starlight - did you end up ovulating earlier?  If so, awesome!

Geigerin- Congratulations on the BFP!

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#66 of 169 Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Carmen - Congratulations! I look forward to hearing your results from Wednesday's appt!

lawmama - I'm pretty sure getting your basal body temperature is the only absolutely positive way to confirm you ovulated. If you had tons of EWCF, though, that sounds pretty sure to me. I'd say your first few cycles when you're nursing can be pretty crazy. They are usually longer, because the breastfeeding delays certain hormones. In some people it kind of depends on how old your baby is and if this is your first baby. Check out this page for some information on the transition to full fertility: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html#transition . If you're aiming to conceive next summer, your body has quite a bit of time to transition so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

AFM - I finally confirmed ovulation today with a third high temp. That's a full week earlier than last cycle! Woot!! I've got my hopes up high this time. I may have to be careful not to let it ruin my Christmas if things don't turn out. This is DS's first Christmas where he'll actually participate, though, so it may not be too hard. It's gonna be a hoot!

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#67 of 169 Old 12-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Kelan: Thank you so much! It's nice to know your cycles regulated.  I guess I'm glad my PPAF came back several months before we wanted to start trying.  Maybe we will start NTNP in May JIC.  I'm also really interested to see how my cycles do because my DS isn't like a super hardcore nurser and never really has been.  He's about the food mostly, and does his business and is done.  And I've mentioned he STTN since forever.  That's why I was surprised it took so long to even come back because everything I read said that a baby who nurses like that won't usually delay O.  I'll be interested to see what happens with you as you wean.  KMP! :)

Jo:  I cannot! And your LO is only two days older than mine! Were you over your DD or right around there?  I was due 12/17 and he showed 11 days late, after a long, long labor :)  You weren't in the DDC were you?

Stephanie: Thank you for that link, I'm going to check it out...and I guess I'll just have to suck up that I'm going to have to be a responsible temper ;) I bought a bunch of OPKs (and accidentally a lot of HPTs, although I gave most of those away to avoid temptation) from Amazon, so I have also been peeing on those randomly.  I haven't had any fertile fluid, so I don't think I've Od yet, but of course, without reliable and consistent temping, can't be sure, since fluid is so random and crazy when nursing.

I'm so excited that you confirmed O....and timing was good and everything? So we are keeping our fingers crossed (couldn't find the darn smiley) for you in your 2WW!!! Excited for you!

#68 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 AM

lawmama- DS came early or close to on-time, depending on which DD you use (1/4 by LMP, 12/29 by when I O'd). I didn't participate much in either Jan or December's DDC because I was right on the edge of both- but I was lurking! My PPAF just came back too- maybe we'll share another DDC! Here's hoping. :)

#69 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 AM

Unfortunately it looks like I'm having another really early loss :( I took another frer yesterday and it was very light...lighter than the day before. And my temp has been lower the last 2 days and this morning dropped below the cover line. I'm  14dpo so I'm going to test with a digital today to confirm so I can stop taking the progesterone suppositories. I'm really disappointed...this is the third time in five tries :(

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#70 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 AM

I'm so sorry, carmencandle.gif

#71 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Oh Carmen... I'm so sorry. hug2.gif

#72 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 AM

(I hate to post more especially when someone just lost a bean... but am really hoping y'all can help)

I have been so terribly sick. Have any of you weaned or kinda weaned at all? I have been nursing for 3 years and i just cut down my ds2 from 4 nursing a day to 1 short nursing (trying to keep milk, but get pregnant). Anyways, i have been so terribly sick. I would swear i was pregnant if i didn't know for sure i wasn't (i've been nauseous, achy, exhausted, headaches). Also, i my BBT just dropped from baseline of 97.8 to 97.3 for the past three days. I have never temped that low. Is that normal? Does anyone know? Has anyone experienced this? Oh i wish it would go away! I can hardly function. Anyone know anything?

#73 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Jo:  I would love to share a DDC, although aren't you actively TTC right now? So either it would have to take you a few cycles and I would have to get pregnant as soon as we were ready, or I'd have to have an oops.  Hmmm, not so sure about either of those options orngtongue.gif Maybe we'll just be within a few months of each other.

Carmen: I am so, so sorry greensad.gif  What's going to happen next, if you want to talk about it?  Are you going to do any testing or follow up with your doctor in any way?

Kelan: So sorry you're feeling under the weather.  Any chance it could be the flu or anything like that?  If you've been coming down with something, couldn't that have made your temps a little higher the past few days?  Was there anything different about those days you temped higher--a glass of wine, a little more/less sleep, anything?  I'm not really sure and I just tried to quickly see what I could find, and my best guess would be that maybe the under the weather symptoms you've been having could have affected it.

#74 of 169 Old 12-13-2011, 04:47 PM

New here... maybe it's time to put me on the list???? Waiting to be ready, that could mean a couple of things... my husband and I have decided to start trying in march, but I want to have a good grasp on my PPcycle(s) starting now.  YES! MY SON FINALLY STARTED SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT 3 nights ago! He's 8 1/2 months and just slept through the night for the first time ever last night... before that, 2 nights of just kinda waking up but not really... so 3 nights in a row w/o nursing! I think I can start charting now??  Anyway, I think I may join you all?  I do have some questions so it'd be great to follow a thread again!

Julie 8 m/o son 2 PPAF Waiting to be ready ;)

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#75 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Carmen, I am so sorry...take care of yourself!

AFM - CD13 and I had a temp dip this morning, hopefully it will spike tomorrow.  Not having much EWCM this month, could it just be that I am not drinking enough water?  Nothing else has changed, aside from the homeopathic progesterone...

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#76 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Hey Ladies

I am new to this site...can I join?  I have a DS 10mo nursling who still gets up 1-3 times a night (vast improvement over the 6-10 times he was getting up just a few short months ago).  I am a SAHM but will be returning to work 3-4 days a week in February.

I am currently on my 2WW - 2 DPO 

#77 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

I just started very light spotting. It's brown this time instead of bright red like last month, so who knows? My temp wasn't accurate this morning because of all the waking, so I don't know quite what to think. It COULD be implantation, but I'm only 5 DPO. I had it last pregnancy, so I guess we'll wait and see. Here's to hoping...

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#78 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 09:58 AM

Thanks, everyone. This time is hitting me hard for some reason. AF started today though (please move me to waiting to O) and I actually feel better. I still have my appt with the RE this afternoon so I'll get my hsg results and discuss all the blood work I had done in more detail. I think we'll try once more and then maybe look at a clomid and monitored cycle. I'm not terribly excited about taking clomid but as a last resort I would consider it.

#79 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 AM

Carmen, I am so sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Hope you get some answers soon. :hug:

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#80 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Carmen: Hugs to you. It's so hard. You'll make it through.

Starlight: I'm crossing my fingers for you!

AFM: I started on Vitex last week. I woke up this morning all crampy, and though yippee! because it seemed like either O or AF was on the way. Either way, good news, since I haven't had a PPAF yet (DD is 15 months). When DH woke up, he said, "I feel kind of achy." Hm. Yes, maybe achy instead of crampy. irked.gif  So now it looks like we're both coming down with something. But we DTD, just in case. thumb.gif

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

#81 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 07:12 PM

Carmen: How was your appointment today? I'm so sorry you're going through this :(

Starr: Keeping my fingers crossed!

North: Here's hoping it was O and your timing was good!!! :)

#82 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM

Thank you so much for the support...it really does help.

My appointment with the RE was very reassuring. He doesn't seem concerned by the losses (even 3 of them!) when they are this early. All my tests came back fine and completely normal. The hsg showed everything looks great and my blood work was all really good. He said there is not much to "treat" because there doesn't appear to be anything wrong. He did remind me that it was only been 5 tries and that my DD took 7 tries (I also had losses before getting pregnant with her too - one at almost 10 weeks though). He again said it just gets harder as you get older. He told me to get pregnant in the new year and come back to see him and he'll monitor the pregnancy during the first trimester. He's very nice and it did help me put things in perspective. Perhaps I'm putting too much pressure on myself because I feel like time is ticking away.

And I'm sorry again that I'm ignoring everyone else right now...I am reading along and sending whatever good vibes I have!

#83 of 169 Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM

Sending you so much love, Carmen.  Sounds like your RE is on your side and it really helps to have that support.  I know it's not easy, and I am hoping you are pregnant with your sticky bean very soon (((hugs)))

#84 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Carmen - that is reassuring news.  After my early loss in October I have sworn off pregnancy tests and refuse to POAS before period is 7 days late.  This is just something that psycologically helps me out.  Sending hugs your way.

AFM- Didn't have a temp surge this morning, but I am having EWCM today, so expecting surge tomorrow (today is CD14)

#85 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM

Can someone look at my sad sack of a chart and give me some feedback?  I realize this feedback may be "You suck at temping and until you get better, we can't help you" :) but I am just wondering if anyone can hazard (very wild and totally uncertain) guesses about what's going on:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ae0eb/

Again, I know I suck...do you think if I keep being a good temper for the next few days, I'll get a coverline? If so, do you think it would be at 98.0? Is there just simply not enough info and FF probably won't give me one and I should take this as a lesson and do better next cycle? orngtongue.gif

#86 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 AM

carmee: I'm glad that your doctor's appt went well and that he isn't concerned! I agree with Ava's Mom... i would try to not test so early. Then it just seems like AF is right on time and you don't have the emotional ordeal.

lawmama: I have no idea really, but it does seem to me like your coverline is around 98.0.

AFM:Just chilling out at CD11. I just got my fertilityfriend all configured with my old information (i was using some random app i bought on my phone) and it's pretty cool. Unfortunately it has informed me that my LP is really only somewhere between 9-10 days. Annoying. I thought it was 10-11 but somehow seeming the 9 that one month was depressing. So we will see. Hopefully with weaning everything will get all regulated! We will see. I am finally feeling normal again. Man. My body was not ready for weaning. haha

#87 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 PM

carmen:  sorry for your loss - glad to see that you're feeling positive for the new year!

starrlight:  I hope it's implantation spotting!  

I am CD 22 with no ovulation or fertile CM.  I'm starting to panic that I am going to have to wean to become fertile and I really don't want to have to do that...  I just wish I didn't have problems the first time around and I wouldn't feel the pressure to be trying already.

Did anyone else have irregular periods at first but sustain their level of nursing and still start to ovulate?  I'm just wondering if I should stick it out a while longer before I decide to cut back further on nursing...  I am also wondering if I should give Vitex a try....

#88 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 PM

JJ1107 - I didn't get first PPAF until a year ago when DD was 22 months old.  It was regular right away, but I also got my PPAF pretty late, so I don't know if it makes a difference.  Just try to trust that you will get pregnant when your body is ready, lots of people get pregnant while nursing :).  Also, I know a lot of people that had trouble getting pregnant the first time and actually easily got pregnant the second time, so I think every pregnancy is different.  Hang in there :) 

#89 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I did an LOL when I saw your chart, you're right hun, not much can be said until you take your temp a little more often :)    You might have ovulated on CD 23.... hard to say though.  I know it's hard to temp when you've got a toddler! I have one too :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post

Can someone look at my sad sack of a chart and give me some feedback?  I realize this feedback may be "You suck at temping and until you get better, we can't help you" :) but I am just wondering if anyone can hazard (very wild and totally uncertain) guesses about what's going on:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ae0eb/

Again, I know I suck...do you think if I keep being a good temper for the next few days, I'll get a coverline? If so, do you think it would be at 98.0? Is there just simply not enough info and FF probably won't give me one and I should take this as a lesson and do better next cycle? orngtongue.gif

#90 of 169 Old 12-15-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunkie View Post

I did an LOL when I saw your chart, you're right hun, not much can be said until you take your temp a little more often :)    You might have ovulated on CD 23.... hard to say though.  I know it's hard to temp when you've got a toddler! I have one too :)

LOL! I thought it would at least be good for some laughs ;) I played around and just threw in a few high temps for the following days and still didn't get anything, so I'm just chalking this month up as a loss and being better next cycle orngbiggrin.gif Thanks for looking!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page