Nursing Mamas TTC -- December - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelantan View Post

Lawmama: Oh yes. The constant battle to get back to PP weight. Yeah. I'm in the boat. Before Thanksgiving i was only about 5 pounds off... now i am closer to 10... And i have a killer sweet tooth. Hopefully i will be able to curb it somewhat. I do go to the gym three day a week for about an hour and a half and usually i just run. So that has been nice. But my belly is still not nearly in the shape i got it back to post ds1. Oh well. I figure that is how it will keep going. I plan to do a marathon after we are all done having kids (we want about 5) and hopefully that will get everything back together. Until then... the treadmill is my best friend (as well as anything chocolate) haha Good luck! Do you really gain 20 lbs just with your period? So before AF you are 20lbs heavier than after?! Hmm... i will never weight myself before AF again if that is true!

HAHA! No, I wish I gained 20# with AF...then I'd be where I wanted to be when she was gone! winky.gif I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.  I meant I was about 20# off before I suspected her coming and now about 25# with what I can only hope is AF related bloat.  If not, well....then FML! LOL!  I really do need to buckle down, though.  10-15# is one thing, but 20-25#....a little too much for me to be "OK" with

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 AM

Temp was back down today.  i am going to replace the battery in my thermometer and hope that is the issue.  I feel so frustrated...

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Old 12-21-2011, 08:32 AM

OK, this is really silly and probably TMI, but I'm excited and thought you ladies would understand... this morning was the first time I've seen EWCM since March 2010 while TTC DS! He'll be one year old in 5 days. 

I'm glad for returning fertility, though it probably has to do with the fact I've gone down to pumping just once a day at work. I plan on stopping pumping after he turns 1, but continuing to nurse while we're together/through the night. We'll see if my LP is any longer this time around- it was only 7 days last cycle.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Yay!  I just got a positive OPK on CD 29...I'm so excited.  I almost didn't take one today either because I was getting annoyed with the negatives and I started on CD 10.  Here's hoping to catching my first PP egg!!!!  

Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 PM

Ava's Mama: I'm so sorry your temp dropped greensad.gif

Jo: That IS very exciting! I had a lot last month before my period came and it was a little startling because it's been SO long since I've had fertile fluid. But definitely very cool to have that sign! Hope your LP is longer!

jj: I randomly pee on my OPKs and haven't gotten a positive and I'm on CD 32!! I definitely know how annoying it is (especially for me because I haven't been the best temper). I hope you catch this egg! So you'll be moved to the 2ww after tonight, then? orngbiggrin.gif

Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM

Sorry Ava's Mama! Maybe it's just a temporary dip? Fingers crossed!

Hopeful Jo I'm not really sure there is TMI in this forum. My husband is always like "really... you share ALL that stuff?!" haha I hope your fertility is returning! My two boys are 18 months apart and i just love it (and they love it too!) Good luck!

jj I totally know! I'm so glad you got your positive OPK! I hope you have a temp spike now!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

LawMama- I've had 4PPAF but I'm 99% sure I didn't ovulate (I started charted midway through last cycle)t.  I"m actually surprised that I O'd this month since DS has been nursing non-stop all day due to teething and I've been pumping like crazy getting ready to go back to work, between pumping and nursing I rarely go more than hours between feeds/expressing.  Let's hope my LP starts lengthening when I finally head back to work fulltime and January and we can aim for a December baby!  I'd really like for my first two be only one year apart in school but we'd only have one shot at at it.

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM

I went and bought a new thermomether this morning, just in case that is the issue.  Although I had EWCM and ovulation pain today, so I am all wacked out.  I am going to call my homeopath tomorrow and talk to her more.  I have a hard time believing that it is just a coincidence that the first month I take homeopathic progesterone I O late and my cycle is wacked!  I just reall;y hope that my LP stays long to make up for the late O, that way I have some sort of a chance this month!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Old 12-22-2011, 11:54 AM

ARGGGHHH I just typed out a long post and then lost it :(

Sorry, am too rushed to repeat it...other than, Ava's Mama, your O definitely seems to be stalling this cycle. Has that ever happened before?

AFM: CD9 today - monitor testing started this morning, low of course right now. I hope to O on Dec. 28 or 29 - that would be ideal for timing :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Just wondering, of those mamas who have conceived while nursing, how early did you notice breast tenderness after DPO? I am actually hoping I am NOT pregnant right now, but had a miscalc in cycle and DTD during a likely time to get pregnant and am apprx. 7DPO and having some pretty sore boobs while nursing today. So,I know that for every pregnancy I've had the breast tenderness is my first symptom {and breast swelling} just have never really kept track of when it began.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Carmen - no I have never had delayed o!?!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm still technically waiting to be ready, but DD is 16 mths old now... not temping but watching EWCM carefully.  This seems to be this first cycle where I actually have some, and so DH and I are *hopefully* going to DTD... (if DD will SLEEP!!!) and just see what happens...

I don't post often - but I do read! I'm hoping everyone has good luck this time around!

Old 12-22-2011, 04:05 PM

I can be moved to waiting to O, please. thank you! i am hoping my wonky bizarre cycle was due to the tampon incident and that all will be back on track this cycle. Currently CD 6. I'd just like to ask the gods of ovulation, why oh why do you keep scheduling my o day when the mister is away!!!

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mama View Post

Carmen - no I have never had delayed o!?!

Hmm interesting. I would definitely suspect, as you are, the homeopathic progesterone. Any idea why she has you taking it throughout your cycle rather than just after O?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 PM

I talked to her (my homeopath) this afternoon and she seemed really suprised that I didn't O, but also had no answers for me.  She said that it should not have that affect, but apparently it is so I am going to stop taking it (haven't taken it for a few days anyways) and she said I can put some eucalyptus oil on my skin and that will pull any of it out of my system.  I have an appointment with my homeopath in January, but I am not sure I should keep it.  Maybe with acupuncture and homeopathy I just have too many interventions going on that are causing added stress.  With DD we got pregnant on the second cycle of trying, I never thought it would take so long for #2!

If I do end up Oing this month I will be really happy.  But my game plan for next month is to probably stop temping and just give DH a window of dates to DTD and let him take the rains.  I am just getting too emotionally messed up from all this, which probably doesn't help!  December is a touch month...it has officially been a year of TTC and if I hadn't had a miscarriage I would have a baby now, plus in the past two weeks one friend had a baby girl and another had twin girls, so there is baby fever all around!  Sorry it has been all about me this week, I promise to be more supportive to other mamas soon!

Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:

I talked to her (my homeopath) this afternoon and she seemed really suprised that I didn't O, but also had no answers for me.  She said that it should not have that affect, but apparently it is so I am going to stop taking it (haven't taken it for a few days anyways) and she said I can put some eucalyptus oil on my skin and that will pull any of it out of my system.  I have an appointment with my homeopath in January, but I am not sure I should keep it.  Maybe with acupuncture and homeopathy I just have too many interventions going on that are causing added stress.  With DD we got pregnant on the second cycle of trying, I never thought it would take so long for #2!

If I do end up Oing this month I will be really happy.  But my game plan for next month is to probably stop temping and just give DH a window of dates to DTD and let him take the rains.  I am just getting too emotionally messed up from all this, which probably doesn't help!  December is a touch month...it has officially been a year of TTC and if I hadn't had a miscarriage I would have a baby now, plus in the past two weeks one friend had a baby girl and another had twin girls, so there is baby fever all around!  Sorry it has been all about me this week, I promise to be more supportive to other mamas soon!

Sending you lots of love, Ava's Mama.  Don't worry about it being "about you."  What you are going through is tough, especially with babies being born all around.  We are here to support you any way we can.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM

For those of you who struggled with short luteal phases, do they only get longer as time goes on?  Or can they vary while you are still BFing?  Right now I'm on Day 6 and it's my first ovulation, I've heard it's common for LPs to be around 7 days at first and then eventually get back to the usual 12-16.

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Yay!  Big temp rise today so I think I ovulated on CD 31 in my first post partum cycle.  I hope I caught that egg but at the very least, I hope I have a decent luteal phase and that my cycles will be shorter from here on out.  Happy Holidays everyone!

Old 12-24-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry it is still unclear for you. If I was you, I wouldn't use the homeopathic prog. next time just in case. Have you had your prog. tested btw? Is it a known issue? It's your time for it to be all about you...you are supportive to the rest of us lots :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp135 View Post

For those of you who struggled with short luteal phases, do they only get longer as time goes on?  Or can they vary while you are still BFing?  Right now I'm on Day 6 and it's my first ovulation, I've heard it's common for LPs to be around 7 days at first and then eventually get back to the usual 12-16.

My first 3 (I think) pp LPs were around 8 or 9 days and then naturally lengthened to about 11 days....and then I started taking extra B6. I'm back to about 13 days, which is average for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1107 View Post

Yay!  Big temp rise today so I think I ovulated on CD 31 in my first post partum cycle.  I hope I caught that egg but at the very least, I hope I have a decent luteal phase and that my cycles will be shorter from here on out.  Happy Holidays everyone!

Good luck!

Afm: CD11 today and I got a high on the monitor and tons of ewcm this morning! Hooray! Except I hope O holds off until at least the 27th because we can't schedule an insemination with our donor until the 26th at the earliest..way too busy with the holidays!!

Old 12-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Carmen: Hoping your O holds off until tomorrow earliest.  Are you going to try to do insemination tomorrow JIC?

JJ:  Wow, I had NO idea we could O that late....everything seems to be so different from when I was charting (not nursing) and TTC my second!  I really hope you caught that egg!  Will be interested in hearing how long this first LP is for you, since I've heard those can also be affected by nursing, and kind of going along with wp's question, I'm interested in hearing if this is really normal in first few PPAF and it gradually lengthens.

AFM: CD36 here and no signs of O, going primarily off mucus, cervical position and feel (which admittedly, I'm not the best at), since I haven't been a very good temper this cycle.  I keep waiting for AF to start, and I really feel like she's coming in the next few days, but I've never had a cycle this long, so I'm just kind of unsure about everything.  I really want her to come because I am very resolved to keeping a better chart next cycle (and all the cycles after), and I'm looking forward to proving myself right smile.gif  JW, how long were everyone's first PPAF?  It seems like I've read that them being this long is not uncommon at all, but lately the baby has only been nursing a couple times a day, so I'm wondering if it should really affect my cycle *that* much.  Other than that, I'm still focusing on losing weight (my PP weight and a couple extra pounds from the holidays now orngbiggrin.gif ) and just hanging out waiting to get my period.

Hope everyone is having a happy and relaxing holiday!

Old 12-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Carmen - I have not been tested for progesterone.  But homeopathic progesterone is VERY low dosing, so she was utterly suprised on what an effect it had on me.  i will not be taking it next cycle.  I still have no cross hairs, so who knows what is going on.  I am not sure I even want to go have an appointment with her next month.  I have been having "O pain" for almost two weeks no, so I am also wondering if maybe I have a cycst.  I have also been considering going to my midwife or OB for a check up to make sure everything is looking good,  but there is part of me that just doesn't want to think about it!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post

AFM: JW, how long were everyone's first PPAF?  It seems like I've read that them being this long is not uncommon at all, but lately the baby has only been nursing a couple times a day, so I'm wondering if it should really affect my cycle *that* much.  Other than that, I'm still focusing on losing weight (my PP weight and a couple extra pounds from the holidays now orngbiggrin.gif ) and just hanging out waiting to get my period.

Hope everyone is having a happy and relaxing holiday!

My first PP AF was 5 days long and pretty much the same as before...but less cramps! I think I O'd on CD25 based on cm and cramps and my cycle was 34 days long.

Quote:

Carmen - I have not been tested for progesterone.  But homeopathic progesterone is VERY low dosing, so she was utterly suprised on what an effect it had on me.  i will not be taking it next cycle.  I still have no cross hairs, so who knows what is going on.  I am not sure I even want to go have an appointment with her next month.  I have been having "O pain" for almost two weeks no, so I am also wondering if maybe I have a cycst.  I have also been considering going to my midwife or OB for a check up to make sure everything is looking good,  but there is part of me that just doesn't want to think about it!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Yeah, homeopathics are very low dose but can be very effective! I'd go get everything checked out if I was you but I'm impatient and far too curious to just let it go and wait ;) I hope your next cycle is more "normal"

AFM: Peak on the monitor today and a temp dip so I'm fairly sure I O'd today or will shortly. We only fit in one insem this afternoon because our donor was on stand by for the end of the month and didn't get my messages when my O came a few days early :( I'm hoping that one try isn't too late!! If my temp stays down tomorrow we'll try again tomorrow but if it goes up then we're done for this time and it's on to the dreaded tww.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

AFM: Peak on the monitor today and a temp dip so I'm fairly sure I O'd today or will shortly. We only fit in one insem this afternoon because our donor was on stand by for the end of the month and didn't get my messages when my O came a few days early :( I'm hoping that one try isn't too late!! If my temp stays down tomorrow we'll try again tomorrow but if it goes up then we're done for this time and it's on to the dreaded tww.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! (**Why can't I find that emoticon?!? orngtongue.gif )

Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Carmen - Good luck with the timing on your insem!  Do you think I should go talk to an OB or see my midwife that I had for DD?  you are right, homeopathic is very effective.  I have another appointment with her in January, so we will see what she has to say.  I have had amazing luck with her on helping DD sleep and healing illnesses for DD and myself, so I still have faith in her!

AFM - CD26 and still no cross hairs.  I think if I were to put crosshairs I would say CD21.  For some reason when I put a couple of dumby temps in for the next couple days FF puts a dotted CH at CD25.  Doesn't make any sesne because last day of EWCM was CD21.  Thoughts?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Can you change my nursling's age to 12 months?
ETA: I am still waiting to be ready though :) Thanks!

Well today, after much curiosity and anticipation, on my nursling's first birthday...I got my period orngbiggrin.gif So my first PP cycle was 38 days long...wow! No idea when I Od, since I sucked at temping, but I'm going to do better this cycle so I can get an idea of what my LP is looking like and when I am Oing and all that.  

ETA: Just went to the bathroom to change and there was no blood on my feminine hygiene product. WTF?! When I went to the bathroom and was bleeding, there was a lot (well, enough that it was clearly a period).  I'm so confused now by why there wasn't blood when I changed just now....any thoughts? Should I just wait and see if I bleed more?  If not, I guess I didn't actually start my period, but then I wonder why I bled?!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Ava's Mama, I would talk to whomever you trust the most and feel will listen to your concerns and do any tests you would like done. I bet this is just a fluke cycle though!

Lawmama, that's odd....although I have heard lots of women say their first pp af is strange...

Afm: we got two insems in the past two days...I got a peak on the monitor yesterday and have great ewcm again today....I think I'll O today which would be great timing! ( now hoping my temp goes up tomorrow ) I can be moved to the TWW, please!

Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Afm: we got two insems in the past two days...I got a peak on the monitor yesterday and have great ewcm again today....I think I'll O today which would be great timing! ( now hoping my temp goes up tomorrow ) I can be moved to the TWW, please!

Carmen, sounds really promising! Hope this is your cycle!!! love.gif (I really, really want to find the fingers crossed emoticon LOL)

ETA: took an OPK on a whim since, again, no more bleeding when I went to the bathroom....blazingly positive.  So now I sit, in the land of confusion

Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post

ETA: took an OPK on a whim since, again, no more bleeding when I went to the bathroom....blazingly positive.  So now I sit, in the land of confusion

Um, any chance you are pregnant?? Have you taken a pregnancy test??

Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:

Um, any chance you are pregnant?? Have you taken a pregnancy test??

I really don't think I am. I took a couple HPTs later in the day, and the first was a BFN and the second I didn't check in time so it didn't matter.  I will probably check with FMU tomorrow just to be safe, but I'm assuming if I were and the OPK came up positive, the HPT would too (using those cheapies from Amazon if that matters), no?  A friend of mine just told me she had 5 days of positive OPKs while TTC and nursing, so maybe it's not unheard of?  I just think it's so weird to happen on CD 39 when my baby is not a very vigorous nurser.  Honestly, I just feel kind of lost with this and nursing :( That's what I get for not being a good temper!

Old 12-28-2011, 04:40 PM

lawmama: my first AF was very light - more like on and off for 3 days.  I read that a light first period is normal because it's often anovulatory.  After that, I started charting and did not ovulate until CD 31.  I never ovulated that late before pregnancy.  My OB told me that it's normal for your first few cycles to be weird, especially if you're still nursing. 

I am now 5 DPO and praying that I managed to conceive with my first postpartum O...

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List