Nursing Mamas TTC -- December - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 169 Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is actually my second cycle, but I think it's still normal to be off. Still I'm buying FRER pink wrappers JIC

JJ, hope you caught it!!

ETA: I've had one PPAF and so I'm thinking I'm on my second cycle, no? The first being the O before my first PPAF? Or is that wring?

#152 of 169 Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 AM

I *think* I O'd yesterday or the day before. I ended up having a week straight of EWCM, which is crazy for me. Please move me to TWW, DS 12mo and we'll see if my LP is longer than 7 days this time around...

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#153 of 169 Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 AM

LawMama-My first few AFs were just like that: light, stopping and starting and anywhere from 30-60 days apart.  Once I started having EWCF they became more normal because my body wa trying to O.

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#154 of 169 Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 AM

My temp went up this morning so I think we had perfect timing! I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow before starting the progesterone just to make sure. I'm officially in the TWW!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#155 of 169 Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 AM

I am on CD28 and I finally got crosshairs on FF today on CD25, but I think it was on CD21 based on temps and CM.  Why would FF say CD25?  Either way, can you move me to 2WW?

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#156 of 169 Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp135 View Post

LawMama-My first few AFs were just like that: light, stopping and starting and anywhere from 30-60 days apart.  Once I started having EWCF they became more normal because my body wa trying to O.

Oh that's so good to know.  I am getting some herbs either from my MW or my masseuse who I work with for the Maya abdominal massage, so hopefully the combination of those and having a few cycles will get me back on track.

Carmen & Ava's Mama: goodvibes.gif (yep, still can't find fingers crossed lol)

#157 of 169 Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

It's getting to be the end of the month, so it's time for a new thread hostess! It's really easy. It's not a super-busy thread, so you won't have to do much updating. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll send you a PM with the directions. Thanks so much!

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#158 of 169 Old 12-30-2011, 08:03 AM

Hi.  You don't need to add me to the list, I just wanted to tell someone.  

My first pp cycle was wonky.  After 6 weeks and 3 mucus patches I got a bit sloppy with temping, so I don't know if I O'd and had a short LP, or just didn't O at all.  That was okay, since much as I wanted another baby I didn't really want to get pregnant before my nursling was a year old - last time my milk dried up completely.  Now DS is 12 months, and this cycle was perfect: definitely ovulated around cd 20 (normal for me), had perfect timing, and am now on cycle day 13, so clearly a good LP.   The first week and a half I was able to put it on the back burner and not think about it too much - now that finding out for sure is only a day or three away, I'm obsessing.  

Okay, thanks for listening :)

ETA: not pregnant.  AF came yesterday.

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

#159 of 169 Old 12-30-2011, 12:26 PM

Well, I took a break from this thread after my weird, upsetting AF happened.  On the plus side, it looks like my LP was 11 days, which is the longest so far.  This cycle, I Oed about a week earlier than normal. shrug.gif Now I'm in the 2WW.  This is our 9th cycle TTC and DD is 29 months old.

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#160 of 169 Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 PM

Hi Ladies!  I have done a lot of lurking on the forums but haven't been active.  I am hoping to get some suggestions. My husband is in the military and is deployed. I am really hoping to start ovulating again by the time he gets back (April-ish)   My DS is 13 months old, I have not got my PPAF yet :(  He currently is nursing in the morning, sometimes at nap time, and bedtime. I have also started wearing a shirt and bra to sleep in cause he is a lil houdini and will get to my boobs while we sleep :)  I have been trying to cut down on the length and amount of nursing sessions.  Tonight was the first night where he nursed for a few minutes and then I pulled my bra down and tried to just cuddle with him. He fussed for less then a min then laid right back down to sleep, yeaaah!!  I am hoping that maybe if I can wean him down to just 1 nursing session a day AF will return.  I REALLLLLLY would love to tandem nurse but i'm starting to think that isn't possible.  I've been reading on the board here too that it takes a few months "usually" too before you ovulate. This is my first baby and I'm just torn on what to do.  Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!

#161 of 169 Old 12-31-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnygal27 View Post

Hi Ladies!  I have done a lot of lurking on the forums but haven't been active.  I am hoping to get some suggestions. My husband is in the military and is deployed. I am really hoping to start ovulating again by the time he gets back (April-ish)   My DS is 13 months old, I have not got my PPAF yet :(  He currently is nursing in the morning, sometimes at nap time, and bedtime. I have also started wearing a shirt and bra to sleep in cause he is a lil houdini and will get to my boobs while we sleep :)  I have been trying to cut down on the length and amount of nursing sessions.  Tonight was the first night where he nursed for a few minutes and then I pulled my bra down and tried to just cuddle with him. He fussed for less then a min then laid right back down to sleep, yeaaah!!  I am hoping that maybe if I can wean him down to just 1 nursing session a day AF will return.  I REALLLLLLY would love to tandem nurse but i'm starting to think that isn't possible.  I've been reading on the board here too that it takes a few months "usually" too before you ovulate. This is my first baby and I'm just torn on what to do.  Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!

Hi sunnygal! I was in the same boat as you last summer. I was really hoping AF would return before hubby, but it didn't happen. My DS was younger than yours at the time, though, so I think you have a greater chance. My AF came back when DS was 14.5 months old, but I kind of forced it. I started taking Vitex in a formulation called Femaprin. Within two weeks of starting I ovulated, then AF started about six days later. Since your baby is already over a year old, I think it more likely you will O before your AF starts, or at least you'll O in  your first cycle. Have you checked out Kellymom.com's article about transition to fertility? Here you go, just in case: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html#transition . My boy still nurses all the time, especially at night, and I ovulate okay. My first O after my first AF was pretty late, but the next cycle it was a week earlier. It's the LP that seems to be the BFing mom's biggest hurdle. I like your idea of wearing a bra to bed to prevent DS. I may have to try it. BTW, what branch is your hubby? Mine is Air Force. biggrinbounce.gif  Good luck!

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

#162 of 169 Old 12-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Hello everyone! I have been happily enjoying my Christmas vacation and taking a break from TTC worrying! :) I am in my 2WW and got a positive OPK on the 27th and i am assuming that i ovulated also. So i'm 4DPO (hopefully) I kinda lost my thermometer and have been enjoying the break from temping and worrying. I am just trying to be chill about it all. My little guy is still nurisng once or twice a day so i am hoping the drastic cut in nursing will do something but we will see. I am just at peace. :) i hope it lasts :)

Avas Mama: I'm sorry that you having a hard time! That is frustrating with the progesterone. I'm sure that is what is doing it. I hope you get all regulated and fixed up.

Welcome to all the new Mamas Sorry... i have to run and watch my kids some ;) and get ready to go play with my family! I will be better in January!

Happy New Year everyone!!! partytime.gif

Lawmama: This is the only fingers crossed i can find.  fingersx.gif

OH and Starlight --if you still need some one to do the thread next month i can... just let me know if you do and what to do! THANKS!! 

#163 of 169 Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Good for you, Kelantan, for finding peace with TTC. I think I am going to toss the thermometer for the first time after confirming O. I hope that will help me to relax, too. Thank you so much for offering to do the thread. You're the only one, so I'll send you an email with directions and codes.

AFM - I think I may have delayed my O with my new vitamins. Oops. No signs of O anywhere, and I had +OPKs by this time last cycle. *sigh* I cut back on the vitamins and am hoping to catch up in a day or two. One week till we leave for my grandpa's house, so if I can just O before then I'll be happy. Sheepish.gif

Happy new year, Ladies, and thanks for letting me be thread hostess! Kelantan will be taking over in the next couple days.

#164 of 169 Old 12-31-2011, 01:44 PM

Kelantan, THAT is what I've been looking for!!! So maybe my eyesight is just getting worse b/c I canNOT find it amongst all the others smile.gif Good luck in your 2ww!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!

#165 of 169 Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 PM

starlight: Are you saying you got ovulation started up by taking the Femaprin?  Is there a reason you choose that brand/type over others?  How long do you take it then?   Yes, at first i was just wearing a top, and then the next thing ya know I'd wake up and the lil bugger would be nursing.  If I let him, he would nurse all day long. Its been a interesting week. He was nursing for a hr getting himself to fall asleep and now he nurses and once I see hes done eating and starting to comfort suck I unlatch him and cuddle him. He surprisingly is doing quiet well. ... ok  I am off to do some more research :)    We are Navy :) 

#166 of 169 Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 AM

Sunnygal27, chances are if you keep nursing on demand your cycle will come back by April, but for some women it does take longer, so cutting out the night nursing could be just the thing for you.  I would say give it a couple of months with 3 nursings a day but no overnight nursing, and see if that does the trick.  Good luck!

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

#167 of 169 Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 AM

sunnygal:  I was nursing 3x a day when I finally ovulated. 

Was hoping for a New Year's eve surprise and took an early pregnancy.com test today at 9 DPO - BFN.  So disappointing.  I know there is still a chance but I'm not feeling hopeful because I also have 0 symptoms.  I'm also feeling bummed out today because my vacation is almost over and I have to go back to school next week.  I hate working...I miss my baby so much!

Hope everyone has a great New Years. 

#168 of 169 Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 AM

HEY GUYS! The new JANUARY thread is up so hop on over! 

joy.gifJanuary Nursing Mamasjoy.gif

#169 of 169 Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM

I'm also 9DPO today and got a BFN.  I started cramping last night but that doesn't mean anything either way - it happened when I got pregnant with DD, and it happened last cycle.  I don't know if I can take another round of 4 days of cramping followed by 3 days of cramping and bleeding and then 5 more days of just bleeding. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1107 View Post

sunnygal:  I was nursing 3x a day when I finally ovulated. 

Was hoping for a New Year's eve surprise and took an early pregnancy.com test today at 9 DPO - BFN.  So disappointing.  I know there is still a chance but I'm not feeling hopeful because I also have 0 symptoms.  I'm also feeling bummed out today because my vacation is almost over and I have to go back to school next week.  I hate working...I miss my baby so much!

Hope everyone has a great New Years. 

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page