It's Beginning to Look A Lot like Bajingo Juice - TTC #1 in our 30's - December 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement about finding a new doc that's just as awesome.  The one they switched me to in the meantime upped my clomid from 100mg to 150mg which I'll still take from CD 3-7, starting today, and he's adding estradiol (estrogen) to the mix on days 8-12 to build up my uterine lining (as clomid tends to thin it as it's an estrogen blocker if I understand correctly).  I already ovulate- was given Clomid to enhance my eggs and chances I guess.

JenMeg- besides what I mentioned already about Clomid, the side effects I noticed were insane hot flashes. Normally I'm always freezing, but I was walking around half naked whenever I had the opportunity (at home of course). The first month, I had a horrible headache a couple days after CD7, however, no problems since.  As I'm on metformin which has a side effect of nausea/diarrhea (which disappeared once my body adjusted), the Clomid slightly added to the nausea, which results in a lack of an appetite.  I like this; however, as I'd like to lose about 10 lbs, although that gives more symptoms to pay attention to during the 2WW. Clomid's supposed to cause vaginal dryness, which I didn't have any problems with.  Also, there's a chance of multiples (10 percent).  Everyone's different - I'd give it a shot though if I were you.  Worse case scenario, it doesn't work and you deal with one month of side effects. I take every opportunity I can to have a successful pregnancy, side effects and all.

Hubby and I married in 3/2010 and have been TTC off and on ever since. One miscarriage under our belt but thinking positive and on a mission to have a successful pregnancy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 06:55 AM

erinbriana - did your doc give you a reason why you are taking estradiol on cd 8 - 12? the reason i ask is that my doc gave me a prescription mid cycle last cycle with the instructions to take it every day. so that's what i've been doing. but now i'm wondering if i shouldn't be taking it over my entire cycle? hmmm... maybe i should call my doc...

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#63 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Hi guys! I have a BFP!!!

I posted yesterday because I'd take an Internet strip test and there was the control line and then the other line was colorless, but could still see it right away - it looked like the dye wasn't going on that part or something. My breasts have been REALLY sore (they feel sore when I walk, for example - and I'm a 34 B, so not big - or when I lay on my stomach). So I got an early - response test at the drugstore yesterday and took it this morning. The second line was definitely there! Faint, but there! I'm 7 dpo and 5 - 6 days before my period.

Yay yay yay!!!

Teacher, student, walker, writer, happy new wife; trying for 2 months (1st month, chemical pregnancy).

#64 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 AM

congrats hadley!!! sending you happy and healthy vibes!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#65 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 AM

Wow! Another BFP! Congratulations hadley Sheepish.gif.

Mexi, I had a friend who didn't test positive until AF was a week late. Still sending preggo vibes your way.

AFM, CD 23 here. Having mild and normal PMS symptoms. I have a pretty strong feeling that TTC didn't work this month. Trying to stay positive that it'll happen when it's meant to.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Me (34) massage therapist/small business owner and DH (34) TTC #1 after early loss in 2002.

#66 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Congrats Hadley, super awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spotting started this AM, which for me means that af is right around the corner. I guess we will gear up for month#9. I feel like I should not be as dissapointed because we have had month after month of getting our hopes up and then reality setts in. I feel so powerless against this thing, I am trying as hard as I possibly can to make this happen, and it is not happening. Sorry I am such a downer. I usually allow myself one day of lots of crying and pity party. I am sure I will be my perky self in a few.

artsy nurse (29) married to artsy grad student (32) since 2006. ttc #1 since may 2011  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/374a78

#67 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 10:41 AM

Hadley: Get the heck out!!!! First shot too, go you!!!!! joy.gifI am hanging out in this forum all day and all damn night there are so many BFP's now!!!!! praying.gif

mexilady: Temp today? I'm dying over here for you!! goodvibes.gif

danadavis: I love your pic!!! Such pretty coloring!

Indie: I've always been a pretty positive person, but when I was diagnosed with stupid breast cancer... everyone gave me that "look" like I was dying. It was awfulllll. It was 100x worse than the diagnosis. No joke. Yes I cried myself a river the day I was diagnosed, and the next day but then I thought... "Well how the hell is THIS going to help me??" It wasn't. Not at all. It wasn't fair. It wasn't okay. But I am a woman, a strong proudddd woman. I picked myself up, wiped my tears, and pushed through it. Hell, I bulldozed through it because I wasn't going to let it take away my happiness. And I keep trying to think the same way for this whole TTC journey. Soooo many times you think "It's not fair! Why not me! Why HER?" but I really reallyyyyyyyyy think we just need to live our lives, and keep trying. Who knows why it takes longer for some. I personally think we need to get our bodies healthier if it's taking so long. I think my body is pretty sensitive to things, so for me... I've been exercising more, eating organic, limiting the soy intake (hello? That's estrogen! And it's in everything it seems. Even my dang gum! Soybean oil, soy lechithin... we don't need no more stinking hormones, thanks!) limiting allllll processed crap and sugars (I've only been eating fruit for my sugars) and no soda and limited caffeine (only in green tea here and then) and I can tell you this... I FEEL I zillion times better. For real! I'm trying to take charge of what I CAN do and fix, and letting the rest happen when it should and when it's supposed to. I know my body has to be in tip top shape for my little love bug, so I'm working hard on it! And it's not so hard putting that cookie or piece of candy down when you think of what it's doing to your body and that it could be preventing you from conceiving. That's how IIIIIIIIIII feel, at least. orngtongue.gif And I haven't talked to my Dr about Femara yet. No one seems to want to talk to me about anyyy drugs until we've been trying for a year or closer to that. I'm just the loony tunes who insists on bloodwork because of my history. And dang it, they gon' listen!

Erin: I meant to tell you.. my cousin who is about 17 weeks and has a 2 year old DD... has been going to the same Dr for both babies, and was in love with her! Her hubs even loved her... she was trying to convince me to go to her, and guess what just happened... she called to make an appt and the Dr. moved to California. jaw2.gifWHAT?! I would KILL!! No letter, no nothing, just gone. She was beside herself. But I told her she should call the nurse's station on the maternity floor and ask them who they like. That is the best way to find a good Dr besides word of mouth. The nurses are with those Dr's constantly, so they know who is good and who is the best!

Lilac: Crap. I was so pulling for you. Okay, onwards to next month! I already feel myself becoming everyone's annoying ridiculous cheerleader! Lol. bouncy.gif

AFM: I think I'm busy ovulating! Getting all sorts of pains today. Woke up my hubs this am to BD since he'll be gone tonight and manana when I will be actually ovulating. I believe he was half asleep, haha. Maybe if we do conceive that'll make for a sleep baby. Ah, wishful thinking. winky.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#68 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Hadley, that's wonderful!!!!!   yay!!!!!!

Lilac-- darn!  Well, maybe December/New Year's will be your month!  Or, all of our months, rather :)  There is magic in the air....

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#69 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Hadley, congratulations!

Erica, good luck this month!

AFM, AF showed this afternoon so I am out. Kind of disappointed since I had some terrifying mood swings in the past two weeks and I would have loved to blame them on something. The good news is that I can go ahead and make fun plans for next summer since this pushes the earliest possible due date to autumn. Best of luck for everyone.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#70 of 193 Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Ladies, I got my second blood test back the numbers look "lovely" to quote the nurse. : )

I'm having two more blood draws next week and if all goes well with those I'll have an u/s next week, too. This is all courtesy of enrolling in my insurance's infertility program and being with an RE instead of an OB. After trying for so long, I'm THRILLED to have this much monitoring. So if anyone is thinking about taking the plunge, DO IT.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#71 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Ah, boots I am so excited for you!  Every time I see an update it gets me more excited for when my day will come too.

AFM: AF is definitely here.  Went for a massage last night.  Need to "destress" my life and massage definitely does that for me.  Had fun sewing a little girl's dress last night.  Making a matching pair to trade with someone for some awesome hand painted yarn.  I can hardly wait to get the yarn!

Any other crafty ladies in the 30 something thread?  Post what you are making as "constructive frustration" over here.  I would love to see what other people create.  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1328524/constructive-frustration/60#post_16771496

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#72 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 AM

Lilac, I know your day will come. I really never thought it would happen for me. I didn't believe that one little pill five days of my cycle could do (especially not on the first go). So get that thyroid medicine going and you'll be over in graduates before you know it. I also wanted to say thank you for being the threadkeeper for so many months and keeping this little community going. It has meant so much to me and I appreciate knowing it has been in good hands.  I haven't been knitting at ALL but of course I'd like to start again, I'm just not sure when I'll have time. It got to the point where I was having trouble knitting for other people's babies, too, so I have some catching up to do.  :) That's a great idea for a thread!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#73 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsvalentine View Post

Lilac, I know your day will come. [...] I also wanted to say thank you for being the threadkeeper for so many months and keeping this little community going. It has meant so much to me and I appreciate knowing it has been in good hands.  

I couldn't say it better myself! Bravo to Lilac for keeping this community going!

Sorry about af for you and TeamViddy.

I hope the clomid goes well for you Erin and Indie!

Congrats to Hadley! That was probably the shortest stay ever.

I hope you're wrong about af, Dana

Mexilady, I am so sorry about the spotting, but your temps seem to leave some glimmer of hope! It is probably no consolation, but your fab chart seems to indicate that your hormones are doing everything perfectly, maybe it's a sign for great things to come next month?

Hope you've had a great and strong ovulation, Erica

My doc only did one beta, but it seems to be a good number, so I'm just waiting for my Jan 5th appt when we should be able to see something and I'll feel more confident to consider myself some sort of grad!! Keep sending me sticky dust ladies, and I send you all love and  dust.gif

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#74 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 09:43 AM

Thanks, Andaluza! Me tooooooooooooooooooooooo!

boots: So you did oneeeeeeeeeee cycle of Clomid and ba-da-bing?! I've technically (with the miscarriage) have only been trying for 4 cycles... but it's been since June so it seems like a flipping eternityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy duh.gif I wish they would just do bloodwork on women who've had a miscarriage because it's RETARDED to wait a flipping YEAR if there is something that was causingggg the dang miscarriage in the first place besides chromosomes! I just don't get it. A blood test is like a whopping $500. Big whoop for peace of mind, at least!! Or if there IS a problem, then you're not spinning your wheels for a dang year only to have to go to an RE anyway! banghead.gif And just for reference with the insurance fertility program... what type of insurance do you have? I just switched to Oxford and I'm not positive I love it yet because I can onlyyyy go in network. Grrr. But anyway, awesome news on your beta's!!

mexilady: I believe I am stalking your chart more than my own. Anything? goodvibes.gif

AFM: I could seriously throw up with excitement over all these BFP's. I feel like it's meeee getting the news over and over, and it's so positive and so nice!!!! I got two + OPK's last night and today so I'm pretty positive I'm busy ovulating right now at my desk! Hahahaha. Or maybe later tonight (my OPK yesterday came up dark in the morning, but at night it was so dark that it was darker than the control line and came up faster than it too!) My hubs doesn't come home from work till tomorrow am, but I already told him to prepare for me justttt in case. Lol. I don't know why, but I have it in my head that I'll get prego next month. Probably with ovulation, my due date would be 10/01 and I see 10:01 everywhereeeee I go, allllllllll the time. Totally normal thinking right? Lol!!! I'm not a spaz at ALL. Haha. Well, still... it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome to get a BFP for xmas! praying.gifpraying.gifpraying.gifpraying.gif I like what Ruby said... there is magicccc in the air!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#75 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM

Indie- from what I gathered from the nurse (as I haven't met the doc yet), he did that as a uterine lining booster. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to take it the whole month, though.

Hadley- congrats! Yay another BFP!!! grouphug.gif

Erica- that sucks that your doctor moved. greensad.gif Hopefully you and I both will find adequate replacements.

Boots- congrats again! Hmmm I wish Wisconsin had fertility coverage as a mandate.  Now, unless the scrip is something that could be prescribed for other issues not relating to fertility, it's not covered.  Thank GOD Clomid is only like $12 under Walgreen's prescription drug program.  Also, Boots, did you ovulate already before you were put on Clomid or no?

Hubby and I married in 3/2010 and have been TTC off and on ever since. One miscarriage under our belt but thinking positive and on a mission to have a successful pregnancy.

#76 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM

Lilac and Teamviddy, sorry about AF, totally sucks, I totally get it! Erica, way to go gearing up on the big O, have fun!!!

AFM- Huge temp dip this am, I am expecting AF sometime this afternoon. Feeling better about myself today. It helps that DH is really supportive and loving, for now this is really bringing us close together. This was my first  full cylce of acupuncutre and TCM. I also realized that my B12 was really low and had an injection at the begining of my cycle. I had the most lovely chart this cycle and maybe it means that my body is in a better place to concieve.  DH had a sperm analysis done earlier this fall, and everything was normal excpet for his swimmers are a little on the slow side. My dr. was not concerned with the sample results, so pretty sure we can rule male factor out. I clearly ovulate every cycle, up unit this time around my cycles where like clock work. We use preseed to help with sperm friendly transport. I had my progestrone levels checked last week and they came back normal. So what the heck?? Have we just been unlucky? DId my low b12 affect my chances? Perhaps my tubes are blocked or I make some kind of antibodies against dh sperm who knows?? With my science background it is really hard to not look into every little thing, that is why acupuncture has been good for me, I have no idea how it works, and that is fine by me. Anyways thanks for letting me rant.

For those of you who got a BFP this month I am sooo happy for you guys and it really does bring me hope to see pics of the georgeous double lines. Praying that you all have healthy pregnancies.

artsy nurse (29) married to artsy grad student (32) since 2006. ttc #1 since may 2011  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/374a78

#77 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Erica, yes, one cycle, badabing! I had NO idea this would happen. My OB told me it wouldn't; that she thought I was ovulating so it wouldn't help. I went the fertility clinic because I was so frustrated, my OB had already prescribed the clomid, then this was the month. I would INSIST on a progesterone test (the CD21 or 22 one). I don't see why they don't do those on all women who have had miscarriages, since supplemental progesterone can help sustain pregnancy.

Do you have an HMO or a PPO? My GP did the the referral for the fertility clinic for my HMO. I would seriously try to play up the cancer survival angle and see if you can get a referral even though it's only been a few months, depending on your insurance situation. I do not see why they make us wait.

Erin, I don't know for sure that I ovulated, but I had pretty regular cycles, good bajingo juice, and some cramping each month at that time, and "sort of" positive cheapy OPKs but no luck with the digital smileys and I never got a peak reading on my fertility monitor, but I only had it for two cycles. From what I've heard, even if you ovulate, clomid can make it "stronger" which I think means more hormones and a greater chance of growing follicles.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#78 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM

boots: I am mesmerizedddd by all the info out there on this stuff. You clearly just needed a little nudge... and just once! She thought you were ovulating, so she thought it was too late for this month for you then? Did you have any side effects from the Clomid? I do have an HMO plan with my insurance and I believe my cancer card is what got me to get my midwife to do the CD22 testing! We'll see what happens with that (in about a week from today!), if my progesterone IS the culprit... then they don't give anything to supplement it anyway (um, ridic right??) so then I'm going to switch my ob/gyn to another one that was recommended and/or just get her to give me a script then for the RE. She said she would already, but she just thought I should try on my own a little longer (assssssss they all say nono.gif) but I don't wanna waste my time... so I'm being the pushy patient, and I DON'T care! Being that got me from my diagnosis of breast cancer last October to completely done with treatment/surgery in March this year. Can I tell you... it usually takes at least a YEAR for that if not two! F that! I'm not wasting my life sitting around wondering what if and why. No way Jose! nono02.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#79 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 PM

Mexilady, sorry about af. Have you considered using softcups/instead cups after bd? I have used them for the last few months to keep dh's stuff closer to my cervix. And you can leave them in up to 12 hours. I thought a possible issue for me was that I have a small cyst on my cervix, so I wanted to make the trip as easy as possible for the sperm. We used to use a diaphragm for contraception, so it wasn't hard for me to fit them.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#80 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 12:51 PM

Erica- way to go on being an advocate for yourself, I really feel like it makes a difference. Sometimes providers need to know that you are serious, knowledgable and are not the "typical" patient, especially if your provider does not specialize in fertility. I am really lucky that my Dr. is proactive about starting some general diagnostics, because seriously at our age, what is the point of wasting time, especially those of us that want more than one kid. At the end of the day it is better to advocate for yourself and be assertive than to be polite and waste time, especially when this issue can be anxiety provoking! You go girl.

Andaluza- I have been thinking about trying the instead cups, I can use them for af too right? Seems like an inexpensive and non invasive intervention, sounds good to me!

#81 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Erica, I think that I saw a lot of info at the RE about fertility and cancer. I think that that's something that they deal with a lot.

So my original OB told me clomid would not help me at all. Not that it wouldn't help me that month, but she said she didn't think it could do anything for me because I had regular cycles, lies!

Yeah, for the CD22 testing, if you come back low progesterone, plus the miscarriages, you should definitely be put on progesterone either suppositories or orally. if not, I agree, time to jump ship. Good luck! When do you get your test results about the progesterone?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#82 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM

Mexilady: Thanks! After the whole breast cancer fiasco, I just learned. It was one thing I could control in that situation so I did as best I could! I really wish we had ONE Dr who oversaw everythingggg and then went to specialists. I understand that is what your primary is supposed to do, but mine is apparently dumb. Lol.

boots: I've read a lot that if you have regular cycles (I do as well, and ovulate regularly) that Clomid would give you the extra push to help conceive. Makes sense for you! My good friend who manages the fertility place by me said there are tonssss of girls with cancer (or who've had cancer) who are there, but I'm pretty sure the majority of them are freezing their eggs or trying to fix what chemo and radiation did to them. I didn't do either of those things, I just had to have the mastectomy and because the tumor was so small (um like 1mm) that's all I needed. So I'm really in the same boat as everyone else, buttttttttttttttttttt maybe I could just PLAY the cancer card because the cancer I had WAS estrogen and progesterone receptor positive meaning it reacted to hormones and hormones made it grow etc. I'm busy ovulating like um.. THIS MINUTE, so I won't do the CD22 test till like next Friday. My Dr usually gets my results within 2 days. I'm gonna throw myself off a cliff if that's what it is because I could've been taking progesterone this whole dang time if we did this earlier!!! SHEESH! Give me a sweet little baby like yesterday please! Sheepish.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#83 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Hi ladies. I have a question ... is soy isoflavones (over the counter) equlivilant to clomid? I mean that ws on another feed ... so i thought I might try it first before having my dr. prescrib it... any thoughts??

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#84 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Shell, I know I am trying to avoid the soy in all its form, so it is interesting that some people use soy isoflavones as a "clomid".

boots, I actually enjoy the thread keeping.  I am looking forward to handing it off to someone when I get pregnant, hopefully in a month or so!  Thyroid meds are "in progress" at the mail order pharmacy.  I will be excited to see what happens when I start taking it.  My doctor said she will send us to the fertility doctor whenever I think we are ready.  I figured take the thyroid meds for 3 months and see what happens.  I hope you get inspired to create some cool knitted things now that you are in a new state of being!

AFM:  This AF is kicking my butt.  Cramps are terrible.  I want to go to choir practice tonight.  Tomorrow we are singing for our church service.  I love the Handel's Hallelujah Chorus.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#85 of 193 Old 12-09-2011, 10:26 PM

Hello Ladies! I'm new to this community and MDC in general :D I'm 32 yrs old, and we've started TTC this month. I used Depo Provera for years so I'm still waiting for my cycles to settle down - my last shot was in July, wore off mid-October. I had a sort of a period in November, and just waiting for December's to come along so I can start keeping track of my cycles :)

I'm happy to have found this thread! I think the challenges of 30-something first time moms are a bit unique - most of my friends my age have either already had their kids in their 20's or have decided they will remain childfree. I'm basically the oddball out here!

I do have some unique challenges that are frustrating too: I'm have type II diabetes (well controlled with metformin) which automatically makes me high-risk. *sigh*

I'm excited to see the successes of other ladies here! jumpers.gif Congrats to the ladies on this thread with the BFP's! (I'm learning the lingo quickly, lol!)

Anyway, thanks for listening and nice to meet you!

#86 of 193 Old 12-10-2011, 02:28 AM

Wow, Hadley! Congrats lady, that's so great! How're you feeling? I hope you keep us posted :)

Welcome EstelleLuna! It really is nice to have such a group of supportive women here, all going through similar things. I've also only just started tracking my cycles and have found it pretty interesting, despite feeling like I don't always know what's going on! Hopefully your diabetes isn't too much of an issue and that your stay here is short!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#87 of 193 Old 12-10-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

EstelleLuna, I hope your stay here is short!  I added you to the front page.  Welcome!

#88 of 193 Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Hi guys,

Well, now I'm not sure what's going on. I got a BFP yesterday morning and the morning before that, using an Early Result Rite Aid test. There was a faint line but definitely a line, that showed up both times. But then in the afternoon, I used an One Step pregnancy test (the strip kind you can get on Amazon) and it was negative, so then that made me nervous so I took another Early Result test in the evening (around 7) and it was negative too. Then this morning I tried another strip and it was negative. My hubby is going to Rite Aid to get another package of the Early Result kind...

I'm feeling discouraged because I looked online and it looks like the levels of HCG measured in both tests is about the same, which makes me worry this was a chemical pregnancy. Also, my breasts aren't quite as sore as they were two days ago.... I have an appointment for a blood test on Tuesday with the doctor.

Thoughts? Does anyone know about this stuff? Is there still a chance I'm pregnant?

Oh, and I'm still not due for my period for another 3 days....

I guess I should have known we wouldn't knock it out of the park on our first try, but I was so excited to think that we did!

Teacher, student, walker, writer, happy new wife; trying for 2 months (1st month, chemical pregnancy).

#89 of 193 Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 AM

Hadley, I would try the brand name First Response Early Result, those are sort of the gold standard in pregnancy tests. I am not sure about false or early positives like that, but I know they're super rare. Has your liquid consumption changed? You could also try a digital test.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#90 of 193 Old 12-10-2011, 09:23 AM

Hi! Thanks for the recommendation - I had read that somewhere else so that's what my husband picked up. I'm going to take it in a couple hours after holding it in... trying to recreate that first-morning urine thing.... I'm so hopeful that I still am. I am mostly worried that the other tests were right in being negative, and that I had a classic chemical pregnancy situation.... I will update all of you when the next test is done!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page