*~*~*The ONE Thread*~*~* December 4-11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for December 4 - 11!!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

chichimamma BFPChart2.gif

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

doddledo BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

indie1976

krunchyk BFPChart2.gif

SilaMarila BFPChart2.gif

Verdahekawi

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

FeralFox BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

Gemmine BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

JelloPanda BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

livelovelaugh

MamanFrancaise BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

sapientia

shesaidboom

Sourire BFPChart2.gif

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

Thebyr BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

samy23 
sleepingbeauty
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
TTCChloeOrConner BFPChart2.gif
WildDoula BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant: 

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334973/the-one-thread-graduates-november-2011#post_16729779

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

heartbeat.gif November BFP's heartbeat.gif

Belia BFPChart2.gif

deborahbgkelly

KnittenKitten BFPChart2.gif

taurustheta BFPChart2.gif

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#2 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!!

Congrats on the BFP, JelloPanda!!!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#3 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Jello - I see the line! jumpers.gif  Think positive. Visualize that little bean growing and nestling in for the next 9 months. hug2.gif

FF - I hope all those symptoms lead to a BFP!

Stevi - FX for a super sperm donor!

AFM, I have nothing interesting to say. Pre-O really is boring. LOL I had some great EWCM tinged with blood last night (CD 8). No idea what that was about. Then more EWCM this afternoon. EPO is definitely being kind to me. The BD marathon has officially begun!

I am dreading the next few weeks of work. I am going to have to find something to keep me busy so I don't die of boredom. Two of my old coworkers from a previous place of employment have been interviewing where I work. I really hope they get hired. I'd love to have some fun people around.

So... what does everyone and their SO's do for a living?

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#4 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 02:55 PM

MamanF - I was studying to be a massage therapist, but... realized recently that it's not my thing. So, now I'm taking the Birth Doula and breastfeeding counselor courses through CBI :)  DP is a carpenter, which comes in handy a LOT.

Doula/breastfeeding counselor/car seat tech partners.gif forever in love with my big, strong construction man.

Birthmom since Jul/09 adoptionheart-1.gif

Early losses Jan/10 (7w), Aug/11 (5w), Jul/12 (5w)

joy.gifDD Jan '14

femalesling.GIF novaxnocirc.gif bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif ecbaby2.gif cd.gif 

#5 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I see it Jello! Yay!!!

Stevi- I hope he's great!

Boring here too- CD4, day2 of clomid. I am a Dental Hygienist, DH is a Risk Manager & Grad Student.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#6 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM

I'm a CNA, currently working in a level 3 NICU in a large city hospital.  I've been working in health care for a long time, and am getting burned out on it.  After we ove to our farm I'm going to be a sahm, at least mostly.  It's possible I'll be working one night a week for a while, just until we get on our feet.  Not sure how I'll pump and store milk without refrigeration, but we'll see.  Husband runs a photo lab at a drug store.  It sucks, because he's a serious photographer, but can't make a living at it because we can't afford to upgrade out equipment.  He's also extremely mechanical - he can figure out how to fix/build almost anything with moving parts.  Up in NY he's going to try to get started as a farrier and blacksmith.

Feral  transtichel.gif  Loving Wife and Helper to Wuff superhero.gif Mama to Honey Badger nut.gif and Owlet babygirl.gif Homemaker and Polytheist Quaker.      http://umblepiety.blogspot.com

#7 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 05:17 PM

MamaF - thanks for the new thread.

YAY Jello! I saw the line - I know how faint lines can turn into dark lines!

FF - ooo a farm. I wanna live on a farm.

I'm a (dancer - stuck in the body of a) boring researcher - health and wellness related stuff. DH is a musician - way more interesting and cool than my job. In fact - he's performing right now, while I sit at home snuggled on my sofa with the dog.

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
#8 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 06:00 PM

MamanF- DH works at a factory, hates it. He's going to school for criminal justice. I work retail, hate it. LOL I'm going to school to be a Vet Tech (Dog nurse, woo!).

P.S. I read while I was TTC that blood around O time means a nice strong O. ;-)

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#9 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 PM

Just a bit of an update - I took a FRER this evening, and it was a blaring BFN... so I'm not quite sure whether the "testing sample" was too diluted, or whether I got one of the infamous wondfo false positives.
Waiting for tomorrow's FMU, I guess :/

Doula/breastfeeding counselor/car seat tech partners.gif forever in love with my big, strong construction man.

joy.gifDD Jan '14

#10 of 67 Old 12-04-2011, 09:26 PM

JelloP: I've got my fingers crossed for you!  

MamanF: I had blood tinged EWMC around that time this month as well.  Wonder what it means?  I didn't ovulate until MUCH later in my cycle.  Thanks for the new thread!

AFM: I work for the government, more specifically for the Air Force as a civilian.  Just started doing that this year.  Going good, I like the job so far.  My DH is a musician with the Army, so we are a military family.  I'm currently in school earning my BSBA in project management.  MamanF: Please move me to 2WW.  I O'd around CD 16 this month.  I had blood work done on CD20 because my doctor feels, based off my previous blood work and other things that I'm progesterone deficient and estrogen dominant.  I may take a progesterone supplement next cycle.  I'll keep you all posted.  FF keeps moving my O date, but it looks like its going to stay where it is for now.  At first it was saying I O'd on CD11, which I didn't think was correct.  I'm feeling much better about where it is now.  Hope everyone has a great week!

Myllissa (31) + DH (32)  = DS (4), & Expecting Baby #2 Due Febuary 2013!

#11 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 AM

Jellop:  I hope that your test today is a wondeful BFP!! I saw the line on the first test you took!!! Praying for a sticky baby!!

AFM: I"m hanging out at CD4 and it's rather boring!!! I'm just happy that i'm getting to move on to another cycle...although depending on how long my cycles fall will determin how many more times we get to try before i HAVE to prevent for my surgery!!!! Only 2 1/2 more months and I will have less boobage going on!!!!! (that is IF i don't get pregnant between now and then!!!)  Coule i please me moved to "Waiting to O"?  I think it would be WONDERFUL if O doesn't come as early as it did last month!!!!  Let's pray HEHE!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#12 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 07:18 AM

FeralFox...   Yes, I'm TTC as a single woman. I do not use a sperm bank, my donors are all local, and I use NI (natural intercourse) for conceiving. So, yeah, I meet them in person, and am happy that I get to know them a little.

JelloPanda...   Was hoping to see your test results before I left for school this morning...

AAM...   This new donor seems really great so far. Smart, healthy, and says he can meet daily when I'm fertile. He's good looking too, which is always nice. LOL

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#13 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 AM

JelloP, IME those Wondfos are more senitive than FRERs, so I'm hoping that's all it is. FWIW, the only time I've ever gotten an evap/phantom line on a Wondfo is on day 7-8 after an hcg trigger shot, when I actually did have residual hcg in my system. (Those two times, the tests were initially neg but there was an evap line after they dried.) Did you try another Wondfo? Fingers crossed!

It's fun finding out what fields everyone works in! I & DH work in pretty unique fields so for privacy reasons, I'm going to say he's a film geek and I'm a book nerd and we both work in those areas. Well, I am finishing school and then will probably SAHM for a while. If I ever get pregnant. And yes, we live on peanuts in a super-expensive part of the country/world.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#14 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Two wondfo's this morning with FMU, and they were both BFN's.  My temp dropped as well. So... I dunno :/  I guess I'm out.

joy.gifDD Jan '14

#15 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Stevi - That's a challenge!  I give all the credit in the world to single parents.  My son has three parents and two sets of grandparents, we he still manages to wear every one of us out!

Jello - I think we're going to be out together. hug2.gif

Negative FRER here yesterday, and my temp is bottoming out.  Pains have gone away, and I'm slightly broken out this morning.  I think af will show by the weekend.  I'm sad about it, but at the same time I never really believed it would happen on this cycle.  I can't imagine I'm going to suddenly turn fertile at 31 when I wasn't at 27.

Feral  transtichel.gif  Loving Wife and Helper to Wuff superhero.gif Mama to Honey Badger nut.gif and Owlet babygirl.gif Homemaker and Polytheist Quaker.      http://umblepiety.blogspot.com

#16 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just a quick update... After 6 FRERs (BFNs) and a lot of hope and not enough drinking, I started AF yesterday. Strangely, I feel good and happy to see her. My cycle was a few days longer than usual which I am hoping means the B complex I am taking is helping my luteal phase. Not sure though, because temping wasn't consistent last month.

I feel like I have another chance to lose a few pounds and get back into my exercise routine. I am not sure what was going on last month, but I was a little depressed and not working out and taking care of myself. I even gained 3 pounds - :(

But I had an amazing birthday weekend and I feel all rested and ready to try again this month. Can someone talk to me about evening primrose oil as an aid for EWCM? I never felt super fertile last cycle.

I run a couple of clothing stores (family business) and also teach Hebrew/ Bar Mitzvah prep lessons. My DH is a web builder and is working in search engine optimization. He has two jobs and works 60 hours most weeks. I work about 20 hours a week and DD is at a sweet daycare about 25 hours a week. I hope to be a SAHM mom when #2 shows up. FX.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#17 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Once AF hits, I'm gonna be avoiding the TTC boards for a few years.  DP wants to wait a while to try again, and there's no way I can keep my sanity if I keep lurking.  I hope by the time I'm back  (2014), ALL of you have moved on, or are back and TTC the next babies :)

joy.gifDD Jan '14

#18 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 11:01 AM

FF & JP - Sorry to hear about about the BFN's.  It stings every time. 

Stevi - Congrats on the potential new donor!  That's exciting news. 

AFM - CD 10 and just trucking along.  I agree, MF and Brichole, B-O-R-I-N-G.  Repeat HSG on Wednesday morning.  I'm simultaneously excited and terrified.  Excited that they might be able to clear the mucus, but terrified that they won't be able to, and, worse, that the left tube will be blocked, as well.  That would suck, which is the understatement of 2011.  I just finished my PhD am looking for a job that allows me to be a book nerd or researcher (public policy and public administration if anyone knows anyone that knows anyone (just in case)) and DH is an environmental biologist. I would have loved to transition form doctoral student to SAHM, but that didn't work out. We moved to SoCal for a fantastic career opportunity for DH just last year, and I find myself in what appears to be a foreign world every single day.  

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#19 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Stevi - that is the coolest thing I've ever heard (about the donors)! Sounds a little fun, too! Sheepish.gif

Jello & FF - I'm so sorry about the BFNs. greensad.gif

myllissa -  Not sure about the weird EWCM. It is also too early for me to O as well.

Anyalily - glad you're not too upset. I too, want to get back to being healthy so I won't be devastated if this cycle is a bust. 

AFM, I am a project manager at an ad agency. I love being a PM but I am not loving my job right now. I thrive on chaos and craziness. This place is slow and it is torture a lot of the time. DH is transitioning from whatever he used to do (seriously, I have no idea, customer technical support, providing web project estimates...), to a web developer. 

#20 of 67 Old 12-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Sorry about the BFN JelloP and FF. BFNs suck bad enoug without getting teased with a positive first. I totally get actually being relieved when AF shows up and the uncertainty is finally over.hug2.gif

Stevi, good luck with the new donor!

AFM, 9 dpo, and I'm not feeling anything this cycle. I think I had to mentally disengage a little to protect myself from disappointment after last months loss. I'm focussing on losing some weight and getting back in shape as well as just getting back to making healthy food choices and in general getting healthier. If I'm pregnant this cycle I'll be thrilled of course, but if not, at least I have something else to focus on. Job wise, I'm currently a SAHM but my last job, and the one I hope to return to eventually is a Sustainability Coordinator at our local University. My DH is an electrician/instrumentation technician specializing in automation. He's recently started a new job which is great from a $$ perspective and because he's challanged by it but there's a lot more travel involved which takes some getting used to.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#21 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 04:41 AM

i just wish this cycle would finally get to the fun part lol. at least today is dd#2's 1st birthday....so i have plenty to keep me busy, but i still wish my cycle would just hurry up lol. i might go crazy if i o really early like last month though i might scream....unless it gives me and extra cycle to ttc before my surgery hehe. i'mwilling to push the surgery to have a baby : ) well, birthday girl is trying to help me type so i need to get going ill be back at nap time

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#22 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 AM

Hi Carlin! I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. (Also - sustainability coordinator, that sounds awesome!)

Jello, FeralFox - I'm so sorry. :(

Me, I'm 5dpo. Yawn. Leaning towards waiting till 13dpo to test this time around.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#23 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 AM

Jello and FF hug2.gif

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
#24 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebyr View Post

Jello and FF hug2.gif

yeahthat.gif

Please move me to waiting to O. CD3 here, nothing to report except that my DD is sick again, just like at the beginning of last cycle. I feel for her, but I really want to go to work and be a grown up. It's interesting that even in this egalitarian day and age where papas change diapers and drive carpool, it still seems like it is the mama who is expected to stay home with the sick kid. Is it like that in everyone's household? It wasn't even a discussion. Sigh. At least I get to be home and do projects. :)

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#25 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Everyone has such interesting jobs!  Mine is really boring - I mostly stock the rooms and shuttle equipment around, there isn't much patient care involved.  I miss the days when I was in mother/baby, and before that adult ICU.  I did a lot of patient care then, and learned a ton.  I am 13 electives away from having a degree in Psychology (when my first marriage ended, college did too, along with my grad school plans) and I often think of inishing it, if only to have the degree.  Plus in NY state, you have to have a Bachelors in something (anything) in order to work as a midwife, which I would still love to do.  We'll see.

Anyalily - In this family not only am I the one to care for the kid if he gets sick while he's here, but if all three of us get sick (which happened not too long ago) I have to care for Husband and Badger, even though I'm sick myself.  A mama's work truly is never done.

Carlin - I feel you on the detachment.  I feel like I'm right back where I was last time, with the infertility.  Even though this was our first cycle of trying this time, I'm back in the headspace I was in, expecting BFNs and early losses, and feeling kind of numb about it.  It changes you when you can't get pregnant, or experiences losses.  It's like a loss of innocence, and it never goes away.

AFM, I have stopped poas, and am thinking I might not even temp for the rest of this cycle.  There doesn't seem much point - AF will show, or not, and temping and testing won't change that one way or the other.  Maybe it would be good to  take a break until I'm waitng to O again.  Yesterday my BFN gave me a mighty evap, and we were hopeful enough to buy a pack of digitals.  Seeing "not pregnant" spelled out on the screen sent me right into the numbness I am currently in.

#26 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Chelci, I'm married with 2 kids ages 5 and 3, and I am waiting for DH to be ready to have a 3rd. 

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#27 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Holy cheese and rice...um...

Ladies, please squint with me.

004.JPG

#28 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 05:05 PM

No need to squint, I can see the line. Congratulations!! 

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#29 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Looks like a BFP to me!!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#30 of 67 Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM

I refuse to squint when it is unecessary!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page