Low BBT and 11 day luteal phase - thoughts please? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I will try to keep this from getting too long! I would appreciate hearing anyone's thoughts about what I am trying to sort out...

We have been ttc the past 4 out of 5 months (but looking back I know timing was sometimes off). Unfortunately I do not have a years worth of charts to look over, I have found it very hard to take my temp. when I am up at night with my 2 year old but know that I must be consistent in this and will continue to be from now on.

My cycles over the past year are all between 26-29 days.

Last cycles chart: LTL 97.0, HTL 97.4 - luteal phase 11 days

3 cycles ago: LTL 96.8 HTL 97.2 - luteal phase 10 days

I am wondering now if we should STOP trying to conceive and focus on improving my cycle for several months. In all my books they suggest a luteal phase of at least 12 days and all temps above 97.5. What do you all think?

I do have some symptoms of Hypothroidism (especially the low BBT and feeling very cold most of the time), and I also read about Sheehan's syndrome (decreased functioning of the pituitary gland - caused by excessive blood loss during childbirth) which I also may be dealing with. But perhaps it is all caused by Adrenal Fatigue??? I really don't know...

I thought we were ready to try for another child (and we both really, really are finally ready and really want to get pregnant) after our 1st daughters birth at 25 weeks gestation, but now I am concerned that perhaps my body is not ready. My pregnancy and birth with Eleonora was very traumatic - bag of waters broke at 20 weeks with alot of blood, 3 more bleeding episodes, 5 weeks of complete bed rest at home, emergency C-section at 25 weeks 0 days after hemorrhaging due to complete placenta previa. She will be 3 in February and doing wonderfully.

Does anyone have thoughts for me? Has anyone done natural herbs/ things to increase their BBT and lengthen the luteal phase? Would you say keep ttc or stop for now?

Blessings,

Sarah

#2 of 4 Old 12-10-2011, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I too have a low BBT.  Went to the doctor about it and long patches of EWCM.  After thyroid function tests, I was found to be borderline low so I am waiting for my mail order meds to see if I can finally get pregnant.  I would definitely suggest seeing your doctor to rule out hypothyroidism. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#3 of 4 Old 12-10-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thank you for sharing! I have been reading lots...  I am going to try an organic prenatal vitamin plus vitamin B6 and the herb Vitex - hopefully this will help things. Hope the meds help you quickly!

Sarah

#4 of 4 Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I have been taking a vitamin B complex as well.  It helped with the length of LP.  Definitely worth a try.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page