what do vanishing lines mean? chemical pregnancy?? looking for some help.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-28-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

THis was my story 2 days ago:

I got a faint line on a strip test on 9 DPO {christmas day} in the middle of the afternoon. I kinda freaked out {we weren't TTC, but are happy if we did}. I then proceeded to test compulsively {I have 100 tests from the internet, so why not!}. I have 7 tests over the past 43 hours and all have faint {but visable to my hubs--so, it isn't just in my minds eye} lines. However, I am wondering why they aren't getting darker. Today I am 11 DPO and did a first morning urine and thought it would pop right up with a darker line, but it almost looks lighter than the others. So.....I know it is SUPER, ridiculously early, but when will I get a BFP vs. the wimpy faint lines? 

I expected to start seeing a more prominent line as days went by, but this morning 12 DPO I have the fainest line yet--like really barely there at all--if I hadn't expected to see a line I really would have looked at it and said, 'that's negative,' and tossed it in the trash.  So, is this a chemical pregnancy? ARe there any other reasons for this? I feel like I knew that it was way too early to test {lesson learned?} and that had I not tested that early I still wouldn't even know and that may be preferable in this situation.

#2 of 4 Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 AM

I wouldn't start to worry yet.  All tests have difference in amounts of hcg they show.  Even the same tests in one box can be different.  If there is a line, no matter how faint, it usually means positive.  I would wait a week and test again.... I know easier said than done.  Good luck mama!!

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Hi mamaharrison - just wondering how it all turned out for you. I tested early and often last month (same reason - a bazillion Internet strips, so why not?! :) ) and ended up with a chemical pregnancy - some strong positives and then increasingly faint lines. I went to my doc for confirmation which is always a good thing, I think - after the chemical pregnancy (or "early miscarriage) was confirmed she ran a test for my progesterone levels, just to make sure all is good to go under the hood for next time. Anyhow, thinking of you and hoping you have a "sticky bean" but if not, don't worry and stay positive!

Teacher, student, walker, writer, happy new wife; trying for 2 months (1st month, chemical pregnancy).

#4 of 4 Old 01-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

For the early/chemical miscarriages that can happen.  I have had 3 in the last 7ish months and I'll get a good positive that gets progressively lighter until it is gone within 1-2 weeks after my period is due.  Best of luck I hope this one sticks for you!!hug2.gif

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page