Feeling totally unreasonable ... anyone else feel this way? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-31-2011, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm embarrassed to even post about this since I don't have much to complain about, but I just had to get it off my chest because I can't sleep, it's late and my husband is getting tired of being sympathetic.

I just got my period today. I've been TTC since Sep, after TTCH (convince hubby) to let us have a third for about a year. We have a 4.5 and 2.5 year old. DH and I are in our mid-30s. I know I have A LOT to be thankful for and there's no reason to believe it won't all work out in the end.

But every time I get my period I get so blue. I've been using an ovulation kit and thought we had been timing everything perfectly. I guess I sort of feel like if it hasn't happened already, why should it happen in the future? Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? Why was it so easy before? Etc.

I guess maybe I would feel more flexible if other parts of my life were more flexible. Unfortunately, the timing of maternity leave can make a big difference in my compensation and future job opportunities and even my ability to take leave at all in my line of work and I'm running the risk at this point of conceiving a kiddo with an awfully inopportune due date at this point. So I have trouble not worrying about ... even though in the big picture, it doesn't seem worth worrying about.

I know this is small potatoes compared to actual infertility. But does anyone else feel this way?

Ok ... trying to sleep now.

Mother of two since 2007 and 2009. Hoping third time's a charm in 2012.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 AM

I totally understand how you're feeling as I think many here can.  I've been there many months myself.  We've been on and off the TTC wagon for a couple of years now for many reasons including the fact that I felt I just couldn't take one more month of disappointment. 

I wish I had some words of wisdom to help you not feel so blue :-(  All I can say is hang in there!  And try to do something for yourself today, and focus on next month and the next adventure :-) 

Homeschooling mama to DS (9/03), DD (VBAC, 4/06) and missing our s (10/4/09 & 12/28/09)
#3 of 3 Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 PM

i do;. Sometimes it is hard to express frustration, because sometimes they are invalidated by others because it hasn't been years or "you already have children". But it is still just as important. Every one's journey is different and it can take a toll.dust.gif

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page