Nursing Mamas TTC-- January - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kelantan: So sorry your bleeding :( I can't imagine what you are going through right now.  Sending you hopes for a healthy baby! 

Taraga: Sounds like you had a warning period which is very common, even after 12 months PP.  I had a warning period at 14 months PP.  It was very light, no cramping, etc... Then at 16 mo PP I had (what I believe) was my first fertile cycle.  So it kinds goes like this -  warning period, long annovulatory cycle, another period, ovulation, period.  Give it a few months!

AFM- Having some pretty strong pregnancy signs 5DPO and yesterday 6DPO.  Like last night at church I'm sitting there getting all emotional and crying ( I NEVER cry not even with my last pregnancy)... Of course DH noticed, which is just beyond embarassing for me :( That along with peeing a lot more - like I did towards end of pregnancy when the bladder is super sensitive really makes me feel like I am.  (a friend told me that was her first sign with her 2nd pregnancy) Also, I've been needing a nap for the last two days, like if I don't get a nap I'm gonna die.  I had cramping on 3 and 4 DPO which has me a bit concerned cause that seems really early for implantation.  Of course, I'm not an early tester ... But if my signs keep up this strong maybe I'll test in 9DPO.

What do you ladies think- is 3 or 4 DPO too early for implantation? I'm death afraid of having an ectopic pregnancy.  With DS2 I had to get an ultrasound at 5 weeks to ease my mind :(

Wifey to my DH 9/2005 and always busy SAHM  to my beautiful boys  twins.gif   Elijah 12/2008 and Caeleb 6/2010
Our baby girl  stork-girl.gif is arriving October 2012!!!

#242 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 AM

I tested this morning and it was a BFN.  I could still be pg and it's not showing up yet, but I'm pretty sure the test results are correct.  Oh well, on to next month. :)

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#243 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Oh I forgot to mention that I've been getting the positive OPKs despite the fact that my cycle still hasn't returned. I had crazy long cycles before I got pregnant with my daughter, too...They were usually between 35-40 days. Really hoping to get PG early this year, though!

gardenbelle - I definitely feel you on being addicted to POASing...lol! wink1.gif

#244 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Gardenbelle- You and I are the same!! I POAS this morning (9 DPO) and got a BFN. And I'm still super hungry! Hope we both just tested too soon and still get a BFP!!

Songbyrd- I really have no idea how you could get so many positive OPKs!! Doesn't a normal LH surge (what OPKs detect, right?) last only 12-24 hours? That's bizzarre! Maybe your OPKs are defective? I hope someone else has a better answer for you! Also, I don't do temps since my DS wakes me up too much for them to be accurate. I just go by CM and my very noticeable ovulation pain.

Taraga- My first PPAF was super long too (35+ days).  Maybe it'll just take a couple more cycles for your body to regulate. Ds eats plenty of solids but still nurses at least 6 times in a 24 hours period. I'm ready to give up the night sessions to increase my LP but I am quite happy to stick with daytime nursing! wink1.gif

Ummm- I guess I was responding for a couple of hours in between DS playing with me. LOL. Looks like a few people posted new info!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#245 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 AM

songbyrd - My DS nurses all night long, and I still manage to get a semi-reliable chart. The only time my temps are really frustrating is at the end of my cycle when I am wondering if we finally conceived or not. I just temp the first time I wake up in the night. If it's close to O time or during the LP, I'll check to make sure I got three hours of sleep. I do get a noticeable temp shift, so that's all that really counts. :)

AFM - I had a bit temp shift this morning, but still have positive OPKs and EWCF. That's never happened before. I'm not sure what to do with the high temp. I woke up a lot, so it could very well be a disturbed temp. Any suggestions? If I didn't ovulate yesterday, I know I will today, which is actually my usual pattern. The real conundrum is whether to BD again today. I was happy to BD this weekend, when we didn't have to stay up late and could take advantage of DS's nap! Today, not so much. *sigh* TTC is hard work! LOL

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#246 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Starrlight- If I were you, I go ahead and have a quickie tonight. Otherwise I'de regret it and obsess about it in the 2ww! And maybe your temp shift was waking too often or taking your temp at an odd time?

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#247 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM

I am 11-12 DPO today and just took a FRER - BFN.  I started to get my hopes up again today because temp was still up and no AF.   Well, on the positive side, at least my luteal phase is lengthening.  I was really upset when I got my first BFN this cycle but have comes to terms with it at the moment.  Better luck next cycle! 

Gardenbelle & Sere - sorry for the BFN, hopefully it was just too early. 

Icy - still have my fingers crossed for you! 

#248 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the BFN's ladies. Don't forget, it's not over until AF appears! Good luck! I really hope it's soon for all of you!

Starlight: I have heard of having a gradual temperature shift before that there is nothing wrong with that, it's just different. I'm sure you will see a more substantial shift soon!

songbyrD:I don't have to much to say either. I still feel that temping works. The main thing you are looking for is the temperature shift and i found that even on really high nursing months or really disturbed sleeping nights (my kids wake up multiple times a night) that my temp is still relatively stable. It won't be a perfect tell for if you are pregnant, but that is what HPTs are for! Also, i do really recommend OPKs. I know that if you have a long cycle (mine ranges normally from 36-42 days) that it can be a LOT of OPKs but if you get them for cheap on like amazon.com. I think if you continue using them (even with the super long days of +) that eventually everything will even out. I think one of things i learned in here is that it takes a while especially when nursing and without disrupting the nursing in some way it just takes time! Good luck!

icy: i don't think i have ever heard of implantation at 3-4 dpo. Sometimes i have pain or cramping, and usually i assume it's something with lingering ovulation. Maybe you released another egg? Twins? ;) i dunno! i hope you caught it!!!

#249 of 262 Old 01-30-2012, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Again, ladies, just a reminder,  I need SOMEONE to take over the thread. If not, the thread won't have a hostess. It really doesn't take that much time. It's not that fast moving because there just aren't that many of us! Let me know! Tomorrow is the last day of the month!!

#250 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 04:46 AM

Kelantan- Let me POAS tomorrow and if I get a BFN I'll definitely take over the thread! Also- Thinking of you and your doc appointments today. Hope you get good news!! smile.gif

This morning I peed in THE TOILET and not on a pregnancy test. Very proud of myself. thumb.gif That's a big step to waiting to POAS until tomorrow morning! orngbiggrin.gif I think I can handle the temptation the rest of today by staying busy. I'll be 11 DPO tomorrow so either way, the test will be pretty good for telling me yes or no....

#251 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 05:16 AM

Boo hoo, AF arrived this morning.  On the positive side, I gained 1 or 2 days on my luteal phase (up from 10 days last month). 

Kelantan - I will take over the thread for February.  I will probably only be able to update it every couple of days because I work, but I will do my best. 

#252 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 12:04 PM

JJ- Dang, that sucks. greensad.gif So glad your LP is getting longer though! That should help a lot next time!

#253 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks, kelantan and starrlight...I will really put in an effort to start charting for serious tomorrow, since it's a new month and since I don't really have regular cycles and have no idea where I am, at least it can be a starting point. I charted while TTC to my daughter, so I'm interested to see what my charts will look like post-baby. Hopefully they can help give me an idea where I am. I have been using OPKs, too, so I'll make sure to note the results on my chart.

Blessings to all!

#254 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM

Thanks, kelantan and starrlight...I will really put in an effort to start charting for serious tomorrow, since it's a new month and since I don't really have regular cycles and have no idea where I am, at least it can be a starting point. I charted while TTC to my daughter, so I'm interested to see what my charts will look like post-baby. Hopefully they can help give me an idea where I am. I have been using OPKs, too, so I'll make sure to note the results on my chart.

Blessings to all!

#255 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 05:51 PM

Serre- very proud of you for not POAS !! Hopefully next time you POAS you will see your BFP! Any new symptoms?

JJ- so sorry AF arrived :( but hurray for a longer LP!  Hoping Feburary is your month!!!

Wifey to my DH 9/2005 and always busy SAHM  to my beautiful boys  twins.gif   Elijah 12/2008 and Caeleb 6/2010
Our baby girl  stork-girl.gif is arriving October 2012!!!

#256 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

jj: Thank you! I will send you the info right away!

sere: thanks also! I hope you get your BFP though, so i will take jj up on it so we can make sure to get it moving :)

I had my ultrasound today and we say a beautiful little heartbeat on a fuzzy little ball of static! Yay! It made me so happy! I love that fuzzy little ball!

#257 of 262 Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and i wanted to thank you guys for your friendship and support just over the last many months! I wish you all the best and i hope you all get pregnant very very soon! Then maybe we'll see you in a few years again with number 3,4,5,6 :) Thanks for a great January!

#258 of 262 Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I am at school but I will start the February thread this evening after I put DD down for the night (around 7)!  Hopefully I can figure it out!!! 

#259 of 262 Old 02-01-2012, 10:25 AM

Kelantan - That is wonderful news, thanks for the update!!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#260 of 262 Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Congratulations on the HB, Kelantan!  Wishing you a happy, healthy nine months! :)

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#261 of 262 Old 02-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Congratulations, kelantan! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and birth. :)

#262 of 262 Old 02-02-2012, 05:01 AM

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1343977/nursing-mommas-ttc-february

Here is the February thread.  I started to update it last night but then the mothering.com site went down!!! 

Let me know if any changes in bold

Janelle

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page