7months TTC, 6 PPAF, DD 16 m/o

November Thread Hostess: Kelantan

Please put all changes in bold!

DECEMBER THREAD

#2 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey y'all! Thanks for letting me be your thread hostess!! I will do my best to stay as on top of this as i can!

Welcome to 2012!! Let's get some BFPs!!! thumb.gif

#3 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread.  Can anyone tell me how to add a link to my chart next to my name?

#4 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread! Happy New Year, all!

I dont post much, but I read almost every day. It looks like we've got a lot on the TWW. I'm crossing my fingers for you all!

I'm still waiting on that first PP egg. I started on Vitex 3.5 weeks ago, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. I'd love to hear from anyone who has had experience with Vitex. I'm growing impatient. DD is going on 16 months, and still nurses six or more times a day. I'm open to any suggestions!

Here's to a productive 2012!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

#5 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 09:52 AM

waiting to catch first pp egg.  

Well... I'm just watiting to ovulate and get first PPAF before the hubby comes home in april!

#6 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 09:58 AM

Thanks for hosting the January thread Kelantan! i can be moved to TWW 6th PPAF, 2 months TTC, DD 23 m/o.

3dpo here. Lots of us in the TWW, so exciting. I'm pulling for all of you! and me!

Seems i O'd the same day of my +OPK, which was a blaring + at 9pm. Hoping DH and i didn't miss our window, as we BD the following day around noon. I'm thinking i O'd late at night or overnight since the + was at 9pm, and then the egg is supposed to be around for about 12-24 hours, right? so maybe we're okay. We both separately had really good feelings about this time, like it took, and we both had strong feelings already that it's a boy. Isn't that funny?

Happy new year everyone!!

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#7 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 AM

Well my first AF with O is finally over so I'm at 5PPAF, with an 8mo nursling.  My first LP was 9 days which is way better than I thought it would be, what is the minimum length for a pregnancy to have a chance?  We're still a few months off before we start trying so that I qualify for a full year of maternty leave.  I'm heading back to work in two weeks so I won't be nursing as much during the week which can only have a positive effect on my LP.

Good luck to everyone this month!

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#8 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Happy New Year!  I think I am 10DPO, ut with my wacked out cycle who knows. I am on CD31, and my period is normally on CD28.  Not much new just trying not to overanalyze :)

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#9 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Happy New Year, everyone! Mind if I join? Please add me to "Waiting to be ready" - 17PPAF, DD 25 m/o. We haven't been trying or avoiding since my cycles returned at 10 months PP, but next cycle (probably starting around 1/15) we will officially begin TTC. We conceived last time with Clomid/IUI after 15 natural cycles, but we are giving "the old fashioned way" a shot again, before going back to an RE. DH is a testicular cancer survivor, so we're dealing with some male-factor infertiliy. My DD still nurses around the clock, but my LPs are actually longer (12-13 days) than they were last time we TTC (usually 10-11 days with lots of spotting). I'm feeling much healthier this time around and ready to get started! 

#10 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM

sunnygal27 - Yes, I took the Femaprin to get ovulation / AF started. It was several months ago that I did the research, and for the life of me I can't find the page again, but I decided on Femaprin because of something I read about low doses. A study showed that a low dose of Femaprin worked better at bringing back the cycle rather than higher doses. The same article said Femaprin had that certain dose. I'm sorry I can't be more specific than that. I really wish I had bookmarked the page. I am so bad about that!  

I find my nursling latched on in the middle of the night, too. Funny thing, though, I had a nightmare the other night, and I'm so thankful DS woke me up when he started nursing!! Never was I more glad he could find his way in the middle of the night!! LOL I've been doing the same thing, though, where I nurse him and unlatch when he stops eating. He sometimes fusses and sometimes not, but I will sing to him and he calms right down. It doesn't work so well in the night, but we're getting there.

Northwoods - Is it possible for you to decrease your dose of Vitex? I read an article a while back that suggested lower doses might help more than higher doses. It's worth a try, especially if you're using Vitex drops. I hope something happens for you soon!

Kelantan - Thanks so much for taking over and starting a new thread!

wp135 - Your nursling is 8 months and you're already 5 PPAF?? Wow, that was fast! I've read that an LP should be at least 11 days for pregnancy, but I've also read of ladies getting pregnant when they consistently had 9 or 10 day LPs. I'd definitely aim for 11 days, though, if you can.

AFM - I think my O is a little delayed this month, but I'm starting to get signs. I'm new to using a saliva scope, but I THINK I got some ferning today. Hopefully that means a positive OPK soon, though it's obviously not this morning. *sigh* Was really hoping to take advantage of DH's holiday leave. He still has tomorrow, so we'll see!

Happy new year, ladies!!

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#11 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 03:01 PM

I'm wishing everyone the best of luck catching those eggs! 

After a needed break last month from TTC, I am SO ready to get back into it!  I'm still waiting for AF (should arrive in a couple days) but we prevented during O time, so no chance of being pg.  Maybe just put me in the waiting to O?  We'll be in Costa Rica during O time, so I'm hoping to bring back a nice little momento from our trip. ;)

Since we took last month off, I'm still 6 months TTC but 6PPAF and little nursling is 20 months.

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#12 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 06:22 PM

starlight- DS slept a couple of 6 hour stretches when he was 2 months old and AF started the same day as my last period before I conceived.  I only had exactly one year without it and 6 weeks was PP bleeding.  I was not impressed, but it means that I don't have to worry about trying to get it  back to TTC! 

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#13 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the new thread!

I Od late last week very late in my cycle. We aren't TTC so we avoided during that time. I see my Maya abdominal massage therapist on Thursday and am probably going to get some herbal remedies to try to get my cycle more back to normal. My nursling has really been slowing down on nursing, so I'm not sure if he's weaning or on a strike or what, but it'll be interesting to see what affect that also has on my cycle.

#14 of 262 Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Northwoods, Pittnurse, and Sunnygal!

Northwoods: Welcome!!! Good luck with the Vitex... i know it had worked for some women. All it did for me was lengthen my cycle... Good luck!

Mittens: I really hope it took! Good luck! That would be a really cool story to tell your child (possibly boy) if it works out! goodvibes.gif

Avas Mama: Wow! When did you get to 10 dpo! Doesn't time go fast! I hope (as always) that this is the one! 

Pittnurse: Wow! I hope you can do it naturally this time, but there is nothing wrong with needing help as many of the people here know! That's amazing the your dh is a cancer survivor. Really awesome! Best of luck!

**all updated that i know of! Let me know**

#15 of 262 Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1107 View Post

Thanks for starting the new thread.  Can anyone tell me how to add a link to my chart next to my name?

I think the thread starter (kelantan) can do it if you give her your FF link. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittens View Post

Seems i O'd the same day of my +OPK, which was a blaring + at 9pm. Hoping DH and i didn't miss our window, as we BD the following day around noon. I'm thinking i O'd late at night or overnight since the + was at 9pm, and then the egg is supposed to be around for about 12-24 hours, right? so maybe we're okay. We both separately had really good feelings about this time, like it took, and we both had strong feelings already that it's a boy. Isn't that funny?

Yup, you should be within the window.  Hoping for you! fingersx.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp135 View Post

Well my first AF with O is finally over so I'm at 5PPAF, with an 8mo nursling.  My first LP was 9 days which is way better than I thought it would be, what is the minimum length for a pregnancy to have a chance?  We're still a few months off before we start trying so that I qualify for a full year of maternty leave.  I'm heading back to work in two weeks so I won't be nursing as much during the week which can only have a positive effect on my LP.

Good luck to everyone this month!

Last time around, I got pregnant when my LP had been 9 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse08 View Post

Happy New Year, everyone! Mind if I join? Please add me to "Waiting to be ready" - 17PPAF, DD 25 m/o. We haven't been trying or avoiding since my cycles returned at 10 months PP, but next cycle (probably starting around 1/15) we will officially begin TTC. We conceived last time with Clomid/IUI after 15 natural cycles, but we are giving "the old fashioned way" a shot again, before going back to an RE. DH is a testicular cancer survivor, so we're dealing with some male-factor infertiliy. My DD still nurses around the clock, but my LPs are actually longer (12-13 days) than they were last time we TTC (usually 10-11 days with lots of spotting). I'm feeling much healthier this time around and ready to get started! 

Welcome!

AFM, BFN at 10DPO this morning.  I'm crampy again and my temp was down, but still above coverline. shrug.gif

Edited: typo - *above* coverline, not about.

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#16 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Bummer! Temp dropped to just at coverline today and spotting started so AF is imminent.  My luteal phase was 10 days, which isn't great, but could be worse, right? 

I really hope that I ovulate much earlier this cycle.  DD is still nursing 3x/day. 

I can be moved to waiting to OThis is my 2nd PPAF and my DD is 13 months.

#17 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 09:56 AM

Sorry to hear that, JJ1107. I am kind of bummed today, too. I keep reading how mama's are nursing their kids 1-3 x per day and they are worried about not being able to get pregnant. Well, my 23 month old DD is nursing around the clock thanks to her canine teeth trying to come in, and i don't have the heart to stop her because she is in so much pain. But this makes me think that i have ZERO chance of getting pregnant, so why am i even trying? Does anyone know anyone who has gotten pregnant while still nursing around the clock? I guess i am seeking a little bit of hope.

Thanks!

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#18 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the new thread, kelantan!

Mittens, I think we are on the same schedule this month! And yes, I think the egg should hang around for up to a day after O. Sometimes your intuition is the strongest 'symptom'!! Also, re: the nursing around the clock....I think that as long as you are ovulating and have a long enough LP the nursing should not interfere at all unless is affecting your prolactin levels.

amydiane: Sorry about the negative...did you test again?

jj: 10 days is not too shabby! I've definitely heard of women getting pregnant with a history of 10 day LPs.

Afm: 6DPO today whistling.gif Nothing too exciting to report. Vivid dreams and some sharp cramping last night. I'm thinking the progesterone causes the vivid dreams. I'm off this afternoon to my first acupuncture treatment of 2012..great way to start the year!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#19 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

JJ: I'm sorry. I hate AF coming. It's terrible. I just dread the whole week before. 

Mittens:I'm sorry and I know it's no fun. I was able to get pregnant really easily with my second. I had my first PPAF when DS1 was only 4 months old. So i assumed that is why i was able to get pregnant so easily. But i'm starting to think it wasn't. I also had a copper IUD and i'm mildly allergic to copper so i think the irritation kick started my cycle somehow and that is why i was able to get pregnant when DS1 was only 9 months old. But it isn't the case this time. It's been 9 months now, and nothing is different except the IUD. I wish i could be more of a voice of "don't worry you'll get pregnant" because so many of us are in the same place. And i have more friends than not that stopped nursing and got pregnant that next month.  But that being said, it's all up to you. There is nothing wrong with weaning. Or continuing to nurse. Honestly. It's about what is best for YOU AND BABY. Not just baby. Nursing til 23 months is awesome. Not many people do. Only you can decide what is the best decision for you. In my case (if you wanted it) I decided to reduce my son to 1 nursing a day for 2 months (1 month left) and then he will be 18 months and i am going to wean him. It won't be an easy decision. But it's not ever an easy decision when it comes to having more children. And there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sorry this is so hard for you. hug2.gif We are all here for you!

AFM:  I am finally home after our Christmas vacation and it's been nice to just sit and relax for a minute. The kids are a little wonky schedule wise, but it'll get better. Now off to go blow bubbles in the backyard. Gotta love California winters surf.gif

#20 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 AM

Mittens - I know A LOT of people who have gotten pregnant while nursing a lot!  One of my friends just had twins and got pregannt while nursing her 15 month old non stop and nursed the entire pregnancy.  I think it just depends on your body :)  Hang in there! 

AFM - 12 DPO, CD33.  Temps still up, we will see what tomorrow brings :)

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#21 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Ava's Mamas: Finger and toes crossed! fingersx.gif Man, your LP is awesome. I wish i had ever temped before because i would know what mine used to be! I sure hope this is the one for you!!

Lawmama: random, i realize i never actually told you were the fingers crossed on is, it's below the nursing and co sleeping ones in the very first column (all the way to the left). I hope you can find it now! fingersx.gif

Questions, How many of y'all pay the subscription price for Fertility Friend so you can see all the possible O date and everything. If you do, what is different? I can't decide if i want to and my free trial is up in a week. Let me know!

AND PS i swear. from 6-12 DPO feels JUST AS LONG as the rest of my whole dang cycle! I'm ready to climb in a hole and sleep til Saturday. Not sure my kids would be too fond of that.... but GRRRRRRR.......hammer.gif dizzy.gifbanghead.gif That's how i feel. And i try not to be hopeful. I'm trying to gear myself up for really weaning... But it's not easy. Man, why can't everything be easy!!! haha I guess that's how God planned it. So surrender.gif

(ps. the emoticons say it so much better than i can)

#22 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelantan View Post

Lawmama: random, i realize i never actually told you were the fingers crossed on is, it's below the nursing and co sleeping ones in the very first column (all the way to the left). I hope you can find it now! fingersx.gif

Questions, How many of y'all pay the subscription price for Fertility Friend so you can see all the possible O date and everything. If you do, what is different? I can't decide if i want to and my free trial is up in a week. Let me know!

AND PS i swear. from 6-12 DPO feels JUST AS LONG as the rest of my whole dang cycle! I'm ready to climb in a hole and sleep til Saturday. Not sure my kids would be too fond of that.... but GRRRRRRR.......hammer.gif dizzy.gifbanghead.gif That's how i feel. And i try not to be hopeful. I'm trying to gear myself up for really weaning... But it's not easy. Man, why can't everything be easy!!! haha I guess that's how God planned it. So surrender.gif

(ps. the emoticons say it so much better than i can)

fingersx.gif YAY, thank you!! That seems like an odd placement, no? Anyway, now you will be seeing me post it all over the place...just seems like the perfect emoticon for our group, no? orngbiggrin.gif

I have the subscription for FF.  Obviously, right now, since I wasn't cycling and then didn't temp (not that it would have mattered first cycle), it isn't useful yet, but I loved it when I was TTC #2.  I didn't realize really that I wasn't Oing until CD 18 (at least the cycle I conceived) and I found the predictors really useful.  I was fairly new to charting as well, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.  More experienced charters may not need it, but I really did like it.  And I'm interested to see its predictions for next month based on my OPKs and secondary signs this month.  Sometimes they run promos on their FB page for discounts, so you might check there....I think you can also get one of us to refer you for a discount, maybe?

#23 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 05:06 PM

Mittens:  I know how you feel.  After a year of trying to conceive the first time we ended up doing fertility even though there was nothing "technically' wrong with either of us.  At that point, I was so anxious and upset that I went ahead with it.   Because of having to go through that, I am extremely anxious about conceiving my next baby but I don't want to wean DD either.  I consider our 3 nursing sessions very special and get really emotional when I think of dropping any of them.  That is why I'm hoping that I will begin to ovulate regularly and have a decent LP so I won't feel as much pressure to wean.  From what I've gathered, for most people, I don't think it matters how much you're nursing, as long as you're ovulating and your luteal phase is sufficient.  For me, I didn't ovulate until I dropped down to 3x/day.  We will see what this next cycle brings! 

#24 of 262 Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 PM

kelantan - I only have the free Fertility Friend membership and I find it sufficient.  Wishing you the best getting through the 2ww, day 6-12 are the hardest!  Most specifically (for me) are 7 through 9 - they are brutal!

Ladies - all this talk about nursing and luteal phases is making me think - how long of a luteal phase is enough to achieve a pregnancy?  My luteal phases are definitely shorter than they were before, like averaging around 11 or 12 days instead of the usual 13 or 14 days.

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#25 of 262 Old 01-04-2012, 06:09 AM

gardenbelle - As others have said, it's generally regarded that an LP of at least 10 days is needed to sustain a pregnancy, though some are saying they've gotten pregnant with a 9-day LP. Your LP of 11 or 12 days, while short, should be OK.

As for me... My last cycle (the first after my first PPAF) only had a 7-day LP. I'm 8DPO today with no AF (yet) so I'm hoping fingersx.gif, even if I'm not pregnant, that my LP is longer than the 7 days I had last cycle! If not, AF will show up today. I stopped pumping at work and wondered if that would effect my cycle, but DS has been nursing a LOT at night, probably balancing out my lack of pumping during the day :-/

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#26 of 262 Old 01-04-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

gardenbelle:I might just stick with free. I am too cheap to pay for a year when i am so much hoping it's one more month. haha i agree with what HopefulJo said. it seems like a few women can get pregnant with a 9 day LP but i think most need a 11ish day LP. 

Hopeful Jo: no matter what it looks like you have a longer LP this time! YAY! fingersx.gif it could be more!

Speaking of LP, i am hoping mine is a little longer this time. So far since i have been tracking it's added a day each month so maybe 12 days this month? Again, with the dramatic decrease in nursing i am anxious to see if it does anything. Granted i lost my thermometer. Question about that: Do all of your thermometers beep? If not what brand do you have? Mine used to beep the entire time i took my temperature which got really annoying to my husband when he wasn't ready to get up yet 

#27 of 262 Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM

jj - Sorry about AF.  A 10 day LP is pretty good for your 1st PP cycle. :)

Mittens - my DD (29 months) is still a very frequent nurser, too.  I know how you feel....though I think that as others have said, as long as you're ovulating and your LP is long enough, the frequency shouldn't matter.  Sometimes it is hard not to get discouraged, though.

carmen - I actually tested twice yesterday morning because the first one had a weird perpendicular line (I'm using the Wondfro ICs where the lines are supposed to be parallel).  So I disregarded that one and took another, which was the regular BFN.

kelantan - Ugh, I know what you mean about days 6-12.  Sometimes I can even make it to 7DPO without stressing too much, but after that I start getting antsy fast.

AFM, 12 DPO and another BFN this morning.  I tested clearly positive with DD at this time, so I was hopeful that I'd get at least a faint line, but nada.

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#28 of 262 Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Hi everyone - I POAS this morning and I got a HPT+.  I am optimistic, but really just want to fast forward to 12 weeks!  I do notice that this time my breasts are tender already and my sense of smell is insane.  I am going to the store today to get some more tests, just to make sure.    Crossing my fingers for you all (and me).

#29 of 262 Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM

Ava's Mama - congrats! joy.gif

#30 of 262 Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM

Just thought i should post here ... I'm listed in the 2ww but I'm 16w pregnant eekkkk

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page