The ONE Thread: Fresh Start Jan 1 - 8 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Artificial Red!  What a GORGEOUS line!  That's not even a squinter or ANYTHING!  Congratulations and best wishes for a sticky bean!  

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#62 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 11:06 AM

Hello! 

I'm Kat- I'm 27 and am new to all this fertility testing/charting/baby stuff. DH and I finally decided to TTC last month and I just got a BFN on my first test! greensad.gif

I'm hoping to get it right next cycle, as I think a Halloween baby would be awesome (but really, any baby would be awesome!) 

So I will be hanging around here for a bit, hoping to soak up some knowledge- I'm really grateful that I found this site (thanks google!)

Kat- 27: Artist, Yogi, Wife, Animal lover...

#63 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

ArtificialRed - That line looks perfect! Hooray!

jpack - Haha, I got the tests! Now it's just trying to convince myself not to use them yet...

Carlin - Good to see you :) Hopefully you've had a stress-free break? 

Mylissa - Thanks so much for the thyroid info, it's something I'm definitely going to look into after hearing from you all! Keep us posted about the meds, and I agree with Gozal that you might want to check with you Dr as to how you're meant to be taking them. 

KatCooke - Welcome! So glad to have you here, you will definitely find lots of smart ladies and all sorts of knowledge. A friend of mine had their baby on Halloween, it is pretty fun! Did you have an online chart you wanted to share? Also, feel free to let me know if you wanted to be added to the roll call at the start of the thread :)

AFM - Someone suggested that I discard my Dec 23 temp to see if that gave me solid O cross-hairs so I did that and it moved them to CD24 but they're still dashed. I figure I may as well leave them there for now and go by those days so I don't test too early just in case. That puts me at 8DPO instead of 16. Now I'm just hoping that AF doesn't come until at least Wednesday if she's going to, so my lp isn't too short. 

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#64 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Welcome! Don't get discouraged after your first month! DH and I tried for 16 months before I got my BFP and Halloween baby. =) I tested positive on March 1st and had him 12 days early. He was conceived February 19thish, so shoot for the beginning of February. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatCooke View Post

Hello! 

I'm Kat- I'm 27 and am new to all this fertility testing/charting/baby stuff. DH and I finally decided to TTC last month and I just got a BFN on my first test! greensad.gif

I'm hoping to get it right next cycle, as I think a Halloween baby would be awesome (but really, any baby would be awesome!) 

So I will be hanging around here for a bit, hoping to soak up some knowledge- I'm really grateful that I found this site (thanks google!)

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#65 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM

congrats to the positive tests!

My cycle finally started, going to start OPK CD4 since it's a 20 pack and I usually ovulate earlier than most. I'm really hoping for a 30 day cycle, as my hubby will be gone for training and the babe and I will be out of state January- Feb, we will all be back together 2-3 days before I'm supposed to ovulate (according to online ovulation predictor), so hoping to get all my questions answered this cycle, hopefully it's perfect and timing works out, if not, we won't be trying again till May :( (I want a Nov or Feb baby).

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#66 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 PM

doularebekah-  I'm pretty sure your lines are still dashed on your chart because you chart some EWCM after O.  I always have EWCM during my LP, and it instantly will dash the lines and will give that as the reason for it.  I hope you have a nice long LP that ends with a BFP!

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#67 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaforever View Post

doularebekah-  I'm pretty sure your lines are still dashed on your chart because you chart some EWCM after O.  I always have EWCM during my LP, and it instantly will dash the lines and will give that as the reason for it.  I hope you have a nice long LP that ends with a BFP!

Yep, I agree.  That happens to me too.  Good luck!

Welcome, KatCooke!

ArtificialRed, that's a beauty!  Congrats!!!! 

AFM, diet is still going well.  I also made an appointment with a naturopath/accupuncturist next week.  Really excited!!!  Hoping to get all these wacky hormones straightened out.  Of course, a BFP in the meantime would be even better winky.gif  Trying to decide if today is 10DPO or only 8.  To test or not to test, that is the question?  Then again, they're only $1 shy.gif

Homeschooling mama to DS (9/03), DD (VBAC, 4/06) and missing our s (10/4/09 & 12/28/09)
#68 of 102 Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

mamaforever, dbl_my_luv - thanks for the insight ladies, that's good to know! I ended up putting that discarded temp back in because I just wanted to leave it as is and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl_my_luv View Post

To test or not to test, that is the question?  Then again, they're only $1 shy.gif

Ha! Famous last words :) I must confess, now that my order of internet cheapies has arrived, I broke down and tested today but it was a BFN. So I'm kinda hoping the later O date is correct, which would make me only 8DPO instead of 16 because you'd think that by 16 something would have shown up!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#69 of 102 Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 AM

AF is due tomorrow and I'm still getting BFN's. I'm pretty disheartened since 5 DPO I have felt that I was pregnant but all these negatives... :( I just want to know one way or another already :(

Jessica reading.gif married to the love of my life jammin.gif

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#70 of 102 Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 AM

jeslynn, sorry to hear about the BFNs :(  I agree about the wanting to know one way or another!  The waiting is miserable.

I used my last dollar store test this morning and got a BFN.  But my temp shot up.  Go figure.  I have neither pregnancy nor PMS symptoms, so I'm just waiting to see.  It's kinda funny how this waiting brings to the surface some strange emotions.  I realized as I was waiting for the test this morning that I'd be pretty nervous to be pg this cycle because I still have a lot of weight I'd like to lose before putting my body through that.  But I don't want to wait as long as it would take to shed all this excess poundage.  So then I get mad at myself for ever getting in this situation in the first place.  Ugh.  Not productive emotion, but there nonetheless.  

Well, hope everyone has a re-productive weekend! winky.gif

Homeschooling mama to DS (9/03), DD (VBAC, 4/06) and missing our s (10/4/09 & 12/28/09)
#71 of 102 Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 AM

Also 8dpo here. And starting to get the fidgets. I wasn't feeing particularly optimistic this cycle because I had 5/6 days of EWCM and I thought we timed it too early.

My chart  (how do I share it on the thread starter?)  is getting my hopes up! I've never had one look so good. I know it can look just as good without conception, so I'm not sure why I am getting excited. All it really shows is that my body seems to know what its doing.

doularebekah, jesslyn, dbl_my_luv I hope the BFNs dont last! dbl_my_luv I totally know the feeling of wondering if I really wanted to be pregnant this cycle or not. But I've gotta think itll be right if it does happen.

Welcome Kat and good luck

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#72 of 102 Old 01-07-2012, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Dbl-my-luv, I am with ya. DH and I decided to stop trying for a few months so I could lose a few pounds and we could save a little more moolah... Then last night (CD10) we got frisky and I was wondering if he would put on a condom and he was obilvious. LOL. Needless to say, I guess I will still be participating in the 2WW this month. I am not charting this cycle, but I did feel mittleshmirtz yesterday and was feeling ovulatory, 2nd day of fertile cm... But, oh the ambivalence! If I am pregnant, it is so exciting. But it also means another year or two of being overweight. I have serious moments of feeling bummed that I have had three years to shed these 25 or so pounds and what the hell have I been doing? Cupcakes.

ArtificialRed, OMG!

Cheers to everyone!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#73 of 102 Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 PM

I've been gone from here for a few weeks...in hiding since AF showed up and i was really down because we had PERFECT timing last month but i guess it just wasn't meant to be.  Could i please be moved to Waiting to O?  I am on CD9...kinda boring but we've already started our BDing sessions so that makes me feel good. We are aiming for once every 24 hours and have managed to do that for the past 3 days so i'm sure i'll have another session tonight once i get home from work lol.  I know i haven't Oed yet but i'm praying that my body is gearing up to O soon so that we can catch an eggie and I can cancel my surgery that is scheduled for the 20th of February!!!  I hopethat everyone is doing good!!! Want to say congrats to those who have gotten BFPs since i've been gone and Stevi i hope that you caught your O this month and you can surprise us with a beautiful BFP in a couple of weeks!!!! I am always stalking over here though i spend most of my time in the Infertility One thread these days!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#74 of 102 Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 PM

Yay!!!! Congrats Red!!

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#75 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Hi, I'm new to this thread and just starting to TTC for #3. I'm not very quick with the accronyms, is there somewhere I can find out what BFN and BFB and such mean? I've used fertility awareness to conceive my first two (and not conceive more) and it's worked really well for us. Well, go figure, the month that we decide to try, my husband ends up with epidydmo-orchitis (an infection that caused his testicle to swell up to the size of a navel orange - yikes) as a result of a long three months dealing with kidney stones and subsequent surgery, etc. Add to that, I started to have fertile fluid on day 8 of my cycle (early for me) with abdominal cramping (not on either side, just in my uterus/bladder) and then dried up on day 10 but my temp didn't go up until day 12 and even at that, it's not very impressively elevated (went from 96.8/97.4 to 97.7 for two days now 97.5 today). Totally whacky cycle. I'm wondering if my body is putting off really ovulating due to the stress of our lives right now. I live in Central Asia and really appreciate this online forum and all of you ladies' input and seeing that there are so many others who are TTC.

#76 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 AM

Welcome, nisojon!  Check out this link for all the abbreviations (there are tons listed here).  BFN (big fat negative) means a negative pregnancy test, and a BFP (big fat positive) means positive pregnancy test. :)   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/522590/abbreviations-acronyms-emoticons

#77 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 06:53 AM

I just joined back on this thread after being away for a few months because of my m/c in Nov.  I guess it was good luck because I got my BFP!  I am 12 dpo today.  Please send lots of sticky vibes to me since I tend to be prone to m/c.  I am crossing my fingers and toes that there will be lots more BFP posts here this cycle!

#78 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 AM

mamaforever:  YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! Sending out lots of sticky vibes to you this morning!!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#79 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nisojon, welcome!

Mamaforever, wow! Super sticky, healthy baby dust comin' your way.

My little one was throwing up last night. Ugh. Thank goodness she is better today. I am tired!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#80 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaforever View Post

I just joined back on this thread after being away for a few months because of my m/c in Nov.  I guess it was good luck because I got my BFP!  I am 12 dpo today.  Please send lots of sticky vibes to me since I tend to be prone to m/c.  I am crossing my fingers and toes that there will be lots more BFP posts here this cycle!

Yay!! Congrats! We're practically due date buddies!! I'm 13DPO :) I say yes, please to two healthy, sticky babies for us!!

#81 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Congrats to the new bfp's!  I HATE the 2ww!  I have been testing for 3 days now and I got a 2 bfn's and I got a squinter this morning!  I will be testing tomorrow morning again.  Not real sure how many dpo I am but I am not due for AF until the 12th or 13th.  I think I am 12-14 dpo. 

#82 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Angierae! I've added your chart to the thread starter :)

brichole - Done! I'm so sorry you were disappointed last cycle, it's so frustrating when you feel like you have done your part and your body doesn't co-operate. Fingers crossed all that BD'ing will work for you this time!

nisojon - Welcome! Wow, it sounds like you guys have been having a really rough time of it. I'm sure your body is feeling the stress! How cool that you're in Central Asia, I love that we can chat to ladies from all over the world on here :) Did you have a chart you wanted to share in the threadstarter?

mamaforever - oh my goodness!! CONGRATS!! That's amazing, lots and lots of sticky vibes coming your way! 

AFM - Tested again this morning, still BFN. Ugh. Someone on TCOYF suggested I adjust my settings to temp only, instead of using my temp and cm to predict ovulation. So I did this and it set my O date to CD16 like on FF. It also thinks I'm pregnant now! Lol, I didn't know it would do that. Anyway, I'm still not convinced either way so I'm either 18 or 10 DPO and trying not to freak out too much :(

#83 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Michaels - Mommy - Oh wow! Fingers crossed hard for you! Keep us posted!

#84 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Hi...I was hoping I can join you all. My DH and I have two beautiful children and we are trying for our third. We just miscarried at 6 weeks and so we are waiting a bit to actually try....I need to visit my OB and we just need time to heal emotionally and physically. But i will be following along here until I get a sticky bean!

#85 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 PM

Yay! I also got a BFP (or like 20 faint ones on wondfo strips - not exactly Bold Faced or Big Fat... but positive!). I got a hint of a line with 9dpo FMU and a couple others that faded in. My only symptom was the EXTREME craving I felt for the cheese DH was cutting up for DD. I knew it right then and got a line 9dpo PM that DH saw, too. They've been getting darker since (just by a tiny bit). It's so great having a community to share this with since it's a little premature to share IRL. No AF today, and no spotting at all - I'm sending very happy, healthy and sticky vibes to mamaforever and ArtificialRed!!! To those getting BFNs, FXed for you that they change. I'd been testing for a few days and was sure nothing was gonna show.

Hi nisojon, welcome and it's a bummer about you DH!! My step-father had that happen on a trip he and my mom were on in Costa Rica. It's a funny story when they tell it now, but wow - it sounded awful and excruciatingly painful! Glad he's better and crossing my fingers for your cycle to return to normal once the stress has passed!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#86 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Yay Michaels - Mommy and jpack!! 2012 seems very lucky so far!!

Hoping the threadkeeper's luck pulls through for you doularebekah!

#87 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 05:26 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6319b

Can you please add my chart to my name?  No idea why I have a grey background behind my text right now.. >_>  Anyway, not much of a chart.  Haven't started temping yet but you all know me--I'm the scientist!  I can't pass up watching my body regulate itself now that I'm off the pill!  I'll start temping soon...

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#88 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Please move me to waiting to O.

Congrats to the BFP's.

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#89 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM

AF came this morning. I FELT like I was pregnant so this has been a horrible day. :( Tons of dust to all.

Jessica reading.gif married to the love of my life jammin.gif

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#90 of 102 Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 PM

I am so sorry Jessica! 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page