The ONE Thread Jan 8 - 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for Dec/Jan 25 - 01!!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

Allison Graham

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

chichimamma BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

hadleymunroe

JelloPanda BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

krunchyk BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

RavenMadMommy

SilaMarila BFPChart2.gif

skeemama

skinnyloveBC BFPChart2.gif

Verdahekawi

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

cassandraz BFPChart2.gif

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

hoping4just1more

indie1976

jpack BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

mamaforever BFPChart2.gif

Michaels-Mommy

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

Rockabilly Mama

shesaidboom

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
TTCChloeOrConner BFPChart2.gif
WildDoula BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

FeralFox BFPChart2.gif

MamanFrancaise BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif November BFP's heartbeat.gif

Belia BFPChart2.gif

deborahbgkelly

KnittenKitten BFPChart2.gif

taurustheta BFPChart2.gif

Thebyr BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the new thread ladies! Congrats again to all the BFP's from the last couple of threads, please keep us posted on how you're doing :) Remember that I'll only move you to graduates when you're ready, so feel free to hang out around here for as long as you want!

Mylissa - hug2.gifSorry this wasn't your month. Fingers crossed next cycle will be, especially if you get this progesterone stuff sorted out! It does seem a bit odd to me to take it prior to O because of the nature of progesterone, but I don't know too much about it. I totally get what you're saying about your naturopath though! I feel the same, I love the style of care mine has and am totally on board with most of what she says......other things I just kind of leave out though, haha. 

AFM - Still waiting, waiting. CD35, 19 or 11DPO no sign of AF although my temp could possibly be going down. Hope you're all well!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Posted in other thread but wanted to post here too:

Yay mamaforever and jpack! I assume your EDD is sometime in September?? So glad so many of you are going to be September graduates!! joy.gif

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#4 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the new thread! ♥

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#5 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Looking forward to another week of positives for everyone else. I'm trying to hold out till next month but hubby is being sneaky trying to think I won't realize he's not using protection, hah.

dust.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#6 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the new thread.

I'm still lingering. Life is back to "normal" now. School, work, and a kiddo. I'm pumping 4+ times a day and it's exhausting but worth it. I did some math today and we've saved around $200 already in Conner's life by not buying formula. CRAZY!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#7 of 58 Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM

10 days DPO and BFN. Not feeling like its going to be this month. Not sure why.

Excited for everyone getting BFPs though! And should know one way other the other by the end of the week. Always excited when the 2WW is over!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#8 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 AM

Wooooohooooo! Officially in the 2ww. Temp spike this morning confirmed yesterday was indeed a fall back temp. Maybe it happened because I Oed early. So excited. Peerfect timing on BD this cycle so fingers crossed. Just purchased a 25 pack of hpt's online to feed my frenzy. 

#9 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 AM

Congratulations, jpack and mamaforever!!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#10 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM

hoping4just1more

I also love to test very often after ovulation, Good Luck! dust.gif

On another note, I am getting very antsy to start trying this cycle, I just want the first trimester to go by so I can plan the baby shower and do the registry(s), I'm definitely really excited joy.gif

At first I was excited at the thought and waited to see if my feelings would change, but they really haven't, I know if I get pregnant this cycle I will be excited, but at the same time I'll wish I had waited till next month, but timing is so scattered, Hubby going to training and the babe and I visiting family out of state, right now feels like the perfect time, then I think it's just my hormones. Deep down I just want to try and hope I don't get pregnant this cycle, but that would be disrespectful to what I really want, right? Then we are planning on moving back home before the summer, what happens if we don't get pregnant Feb- May and January was my month, ahhhh! I really need to look at the calendar and see where I'd be at, pregnancy wise, and see how I feel. When we go visit home in two weeks  i'll be visiting birth centers and i'll just feel weird not being pregnant, but educated at the same time. I already have my yearly checkup scheduled for the 26th, if I was pregnant, can they still do a pap?

obviously venting blahblah.gif

#11 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm out for this month :( A bit disappointed, but I'm doing ok. In some ways I'm just glad to have charted my first proper cycle and now I can start getting a good idea of what's going on. From this cycle I'm definitely going to talk to my Dr about thyroid issues, and I plan on starting the Vitex my naturopath gave me tomorrow to see how that works on my cycle. I'm also not sure if we'll really TTC this month, I'm still going to temp and not totally avoid but I'd like to do the gallbladder flush my naturopath recommended and while of course I'd be over the moon if we got pregnant this month, getting pregnant next month would be pretty amazing timing in terms of work, financial and family stuff. So we'll see!

TTCChloeorConnor - Isn't it amazing the difference nursing makes financially! When I was working with teen mums that was so often my breastfeeding angle, 'Think of all the money you'll save!', haha. Good on you for keeping the pumping up, and balancing that busy life of yours. What an inspiration!

Angie - How's everything going? Fingers crossed for you :)

Hoping - Hooray! Haha, loving the 25 pack!

Cassandraz - Sounds like you've got the bug! Haha. Can I ask why you want a Feb or Nov baby? I think it's good to be practical, but it's also good to listen to yourself and what you're wanting emotionally and physically. If it's right, it's right!

#12 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Oh! And it's Wednesday here in NZ so I'll start us off for those wanting to join in!

bikenew.gifWorkout Wednesday! bikenew.gif

Ok, so while I haven't exactly worked out this week...(ha!), I have found out when some local aqua aerobics classes are and plan to start attending at least one, but hopefully two of those a week this week. I like aqua aerobics because it's low impact but an amazing work out, you really feel it when you get out of the pool, and also I just like being in the water. The rest of my plan is to go to yoga with my husband once a week, and then do it at home throughout the week. Then, the days I'm not aquacizing I plan on walking around our local park or walking my husband to work, etc. 

How about you ladies? I also wanted to mention that this is about health and fitness, not about becoming a certain weight because I firmly believe in Health At Every Size :)

#13 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM

As expected, I'm officially "late" for my 1st post-pill period.  Wasn't expecting it anytime soon anyway..I'm enjoying the break! lol  Will start temping soon so it can't catch me off-guard.

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#14 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 PM

....Aaaand you can move me to Waiting to O. Thanks!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#15 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post

Cassandraz - Sounds like you've got the bug! Haha. Can I ask why you want a Feb or Nov baby? I think it's good to be practical, but it's also good to listen to yourself and what you're wanting emotionally and physically. If it's right, it's right!

yes, I really have it bad this time, even I give myself a headache. The longer we wait, the better, financially, so we both decided on trying in February. But idk, he tried to be sneaky and not use protection the other night, so I think he's physically and emotionally wants a babe, but not mentally. I wanted Nov because it'll be after Halloween, and that's my babes favorite holiday, so I wanna be excited with her. 

So, today I've been trying to convince myself that one month isn't that big of a deal, after all  my due date would be 10/11/12, and even though I most likely won't give birth that day, it's still cool to have that date considering my last due date was my birthday, so that'll be a special memory, 10/10 /12 will be our 7 yr anniversary and 4 year wedding anniversary also. And 10/11 is 20 days before Halloween, so that'll give me time to plan before and after. Plus in nov/dec we'd be attending family events, which wouldn't give me enough time to get used to "schedule".

Soo, in conclusion I'm 80% sure I wanna try this month and if us missing ovulation because of travel next month and the 3 condoms left aren't a universal hint, then I do know what is. Now it's time to prepare to woo my husband all next week :)

Ahhhhh, this bug really itches, hah :D

#16 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandraz View Post

yes, I really have it bad this time, even I give myself a headache. The longer we wait, the better, financially, so we both decided on trying in February. But idk, he tried to be sneaky and not use protection the other night, so I think he's physically and emotionally wants a babe, but not mentally. I wanted Nov because it'll be after Halloween, and that's my babes favorite holiday, so I wanna be excited with her. 

So, today I've been trying to convince myself that one month isn't that big of a deal, after all  my due date would be 10/11/12, and even though I most likely won't give birth that day, it's still cool to have that date considering my last due date was my birthday, so that'll be a special memory, 10/10 /12 will be our 7 yr anniversary and 4 year wedding anniversary also. And 10/11 is 20 days before Halloween, so that'll give me time to plan before and after. Plus in nov/dec we'd be attending family events, which wouldn't give me enough time to get used to "schedule".

Soo, in conclusion I'm 80% sure I wanna try this month and if us missing ovulation because of travel next month and the 3 condoms left aren't a universal hint, then I do know what is. Now it's time to prepare to woo my husband all next week :)

Ahhhhh, this bug really itches, hah :D

October 11 is my birthday! It's a really awesome birthday, I love October, so I say go for it!!

#17 of 58 Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM

So I don't have much to add to the workout wednesday (again) but I did help move this weekend (trying to be extra careful about what I shouldn't be lifting anymore!) and it's the second busiest week of the year at work, so it's all go, go, go! But I am signed up for a walking class that starts tomorrow, so next week I should have more to report.

So far everything seems normal, I'm knee deep in positive tests now, but I'm not quite ready to leave the safety net of the ONE thread :) I did schedule my first appointment, so if all goes well you'll probably be rid of me by Feb 3!

#18 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 AM

Sorry to those of you who found AF. :(  I will be crossing my fingers that this next cycle is the lucky one!

I appreciate all the 'congats'.  I am taking one day at a time... I'm so scared every time I go to the bathroom fearing I will find blood.  I guess that feeling is so fresh in my mind since I just had my last m/c less than two months ago.  I did have a little brown spotting the past couple days, and I went in to have a blood draw to make sure all is okay.  Progesterone came back at 24 (which my dr says was good- so hopefully she's right!) and my hCG seemed like a good number for being 4 weeks pg too.... but I will get another blood draw on Friday to make sure they at least doubled.

I hope it's okay that I stick around here for a while too, like ArtificialRed.  I have my first appt scheduled for the 23rd but it's just with the nurse to confirm my pregnancy and to fill out paperwork.

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#19 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialRed View Post

October 11 is my birthday! It's a really awesome birthday, I love October, so I say go for it!!

yeahthat.gif

So, after having unprotected last night, he says March confused.gif, I just think he's nervous, I understand, after becoming pregnant we all get nervous, but that's what 9 months is for lol.gif. I'd rather do it now, so when we go out of state on vacation, I'll be busy after ovulation, then we'll find out on Valentine's stillheart.gif Day when I get back.

We'll see what happens, I'll continue to woo him next week and if we don't try before ovulation, definitely next month.

dust.gif

How are everyone's plans going?

UPDATE:

Started OPK today, CD7, and I think I'm about to ovulate...it's my first time using them and I returned the digital and got first response (which i am regretting!) because I can't tell if this is a positive, I looked at the FF gallery and it looks like a positive. headscratch.gif The test line is a tiny bit lighter than the reference line, i'll test again in 6 hrs every 3 hours 2 hours (I'm 80% sure it was a positive) before hubby gets home, I did buy a 20 pack and I want to get my moneys worth! rant.gif

If I am about to ovulate, it would explain Audrey being born two days early (which would mean I do in fact ovulate on CD8 and not CD 10). Let the wooing begin!

hearts.gif

You can move me to whistling.gif WAITING TO O whistling.gif

hope we have beginners luck and good luck to everyone else! dust.gif

#20 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM

So now I have no idea what's going on! I tested last Thursday and got a BFN- and AF was supposed to be here Monday. It is VERY light and brownish. I think it would be late for implantation as we DTD on Dec. 24th. So what is happening? I really wanted to try again this month, but if my cycle is all screwy I have no idea what to base it on. 

I guess I need to get some opk's? Should I test again? Eek!

Kat- 27: Artist, Yogi, Wife, Animal lover...

#21 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatCooke View Post

So now I have no idea what's going on! I tested last Thursday and got a BFN- and AF was supposed to be here Monday. It is VERY light and brownish. I think it would be late for implantation as we DTD on Dec. 24th. So what is happening? I really wanted to try again this month, but if my cycle is all screwy I have no idea what to base it on. 

I guess I need to get some opk's? Should I test again? Eek!

I personally wouldn't test until I was a week or two late, the BFN's are sometimes discouraging, unless I had a large pack of tests, then I would do it every 2-4 days after ovulation. If AF does arrive I would def try the OPK, I started the OPK today and am about to ovulate, otherwise I would have had no idea!

dust.gif

#22 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 AM

AF :( please move me to waiting to O

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#23 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM

KatCooke...   I would test. I always feel better knowing whether a weird AF could have been caused by an early loss, and there is always that small hope of a BFP.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#24 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Sorry for all the AF-ing going on! :(

AFM--I wouldn't mind mine showing the hell up.  I hate this not knowing part.  I want my cycles to be regulated right now! haha

Back to school May 2013!

#25 of 58 Old 01-11-2012, 05:35 PM

Hi I'm new here but not new to ttc 2 yrs. I'm 9dpo af would come tomorrow (praying it doesn't)
I'm TESTING 1/13 PLEASE ADD also congrats to everyone with bfp. I wish everyone lots of luck and babydust.
Lots of love ladies:joy
Now I'm going to eat coss I'm starving:eat
#26 of 58 Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 AM

I'm feeling a little off today, any positive thoughts or prayers would be appreciate, thanks everyone. 

#27 of 58 Old 01-12-2012, 06:34 AM

Sending lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you, ArtificialRedhug2.gif

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#28 of 58 Old 01-12-2012, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May I join your group? I found this thread in a Google search, and you all seem like very nice ladies. My husband and I have been TTC for 7 months with no luck and it's getting discouraging. He works long shifts (between 2 and 3 days) that always seem to fall during my fertile window. So, we've only had a few cycles where we got to time things just right and even those didn't work. SO frustrating!

I'm on CD 11 now and waiting to ovulate. This is pretty much my first experience with posting on a forum, so I have no idea how to add my chart or create a signature or anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :- )

#29 of 58 Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Cassandraz - Will do! I'm sure it must feel good to have made a decision one way or another to try this cycle. The timing thing totally makes sense, especially as I have a vague idea of when an optimum time would be....I'm just not that organized! Fingers crossed for this cycle!

mamaforever - Glad to hear you're doing well! And of course it's totally normal to be worried, I would be exactly the same. You just have to remember that a miscarriage, especially before 12 weeks, doesn't necessarily have any bearing on this pregnancy. There is nothing to say that this won't be a sticky one! And yes, of course you can hang around here for as long as you want!

Kat - Ugh, that's frustrating! However, it's definitely not unheard of for tests not to show up as positive until days after AF is due. How's it all going?

Oh Angie, I'm so sorry. Hope you're doing ok?

SleepingBeauty - It's funny how sometimes we want her to show up! At least then you have an idea of what is going on!

Rockabilly Mama - Welcome to the group! Crossing my fingers for you that AF keeps far away! 

ArtificialRed - Hope the walking class goes well, and that you're taking it easy with moving and work! Thinking of you girl! xo

skinnyloveBC - Of course you can! Welcome! This is a really great group, with a wealth of knowledge and super supportive. I can totally imagine that the shift working would get pretty frustrating in terms of timing for you guys. That must be rough! I'll pop you in Waiting To O and cross my fingers that your husband is around for ovulation this cycle! As for sharing a chart, do you use Fertility Friend or something online? If you just grab the link for me I can add it to your name in the thread starter. I think you might have to be on here for a little while before you can create a signature though....

AFM - AF has been kicking my butt with cramps over the past couple of days, so I've been a little miserable. She seems to be almost gone now though, I swear my periods have gotten much shorter (were 5ish days, now 2-3 with only 2 real days of bleeding) which in lots of ways is nice but I'm hoping it's not indicative of anything negative. Does anyone know much about that? I'm probably worrying over nothing!

#30 of 58 Old 01-12-2012, 12:58 PM

SkinnyloveBC: Welcome to the thread.  These are the nicest women you will find on the web! If you are charting with FertilityFriend.com, you can share your chart by clicking on "my chart" then click on "Sharing" and I'd make sure that your homepage is public by looking at the setup subheader.  If you have the appropriate boxes checked to make it public, then back under the "Sharing" tab, go to "Get Code" and copy the link for message boards.  Come back over here, post a reply and past in that link and then DoulaRebekah, our board keeper, will update you in our top portion where all of our charts are kept and hyperlinked.  She will move you according to where you are in your cycle when you update her, in bold when your status changes.  Again, welcome to our group and I hope your stay here is short!

AFM: My AF is starting to slow and in a couple of days I'll be busting out the OPKs and BDing like crazy!  My DH got a referral for an SA from his GPC and we are waiting on the referral to be picked up by TRICARE and an appointment to be set up with whomever.  I decided to wait until after my O has been confirmed by FF to start on the progesterone.  I spoke with a pharmacist and they felt that taking the progesterone the entire month wouldn't prevent me from ovulating, but I'm still not getting a warm fuzzy about that since it just seems so contrary to how our bodies actually work, so that's that.  I also bought some PreSeed to use this cycle even though I have decent EWCM.  Can't hurt, right? 

Myllissa (31) + DH (32)  = DS (4), & Expecting Baby #2 Due Febuary 2013!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page