The ONE Thread Jan 15 - 22 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's CD 16 for me today, and I usually O on day 10.  Had some brown spotting - very light - last night.  Implantation?  Hmmmmm....   No tests here at home, so I will just have to wait it out.  I hate the waiting!!!

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#62 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post

cassandraz: Good luck with your early testing! I always get so excited to test by day 5. I'm 3 DPO now... I try to tell myself that it's so unlikely that it would show up that early even if I was pregnant, but then I hear another early testing success story and it keeps my hopes up! Haha. You're definitely right that it gives us something to do for the TWW.

I agree, I've been looking at the FF gallery and most of the faint positives I can see are 9DPO, all the ones before that Iook like an obvious negative. Thanks for the support smile.gif, I'm a nervous wreck right now, trying to do things to keep me busy, laundry, packing and cleaning, and i'm getting it all done like super woman,,, now i'm going to knit...

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#63 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 11:33 AM

Well I guess AF has started. So can I please be moved to WAITING TO O now please?  I am praying like crazy that I get a sticky bean this cycle.

Edited to take out the nasty TMI part because AF is now acting normal lol.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#64 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 02:15 PM

Hi Everyone!

Could I be added to the waiting to O list? Thanks! 

So, my husband and I have been trying for a few months. And each month I think we did everything right, nothing happens. So far, the last three month each time when AF started, one of my friends announced that she is pregnant within a day or two. I don't know how to deal with it. I want to be happy, but I feel so sad. I don't have a chart, I don't know how to keep one. But I have been taking ovulation tests and gotten busy when it showed that I was ovulating :) 

Anyways, my sister in law told me to come here for support. She had trouble getting pregnant with her second and said that she basically lived on this site :) 
Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Lisa

#65 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Brichole - Good to see you! Cool that you don't have to take time off from TTC, and that you're feeling good about the surgery being put off. Ugh, insurance! I am forever thankful I live in a country with socialized medicine when I see posts like this. I so wish for you that you didn't have to worry about it and could just have the things that you need. Fingers crossed the dr is understanding and can work something out for you!

stevi - Ok, great :)

jpack - My cycle was pretty whack after my chemical pregnancy. I didn't even realise I was pregnant until after I bled because I hadn't tested beforehand. I just had a sneaking suspicion because I bled for such a short amount of time, was tired, high temp, etc but had assumed I'd gotten a weird AF so I was out. Then my betas were low and didn't double properly before just petering out completely. So, after that it was 47days before my next AF (my cycle is usually 32-35days) and no clear ovulation - but, prior to that I'd only been recording dates and CM so I can't be sure. After that however, I've been ovulating like normal. I hope this helps! I've heard you're extra fertile the few months following a cp/mc so you never know!

Lisoula - Possibly! It's so hard waiting, right? And looking for every possible symptom!

John16n33 - Don't worry about TMI, I don't think anyone here minds! If you can't say stuff like that here, where can you? Ha! I have had a few AF's start like that - I think it's just your body clearing out old blood. I'll move you to Waiting to O and cross my fingers for you!

AFM - I saw my doctor yesterday to discuss some kind of sketchy seeming allergy test results that I'd gotten from my naturopath and I've decided I need to cut dairy (back) out of my diet, plus a few other weird things (tomato, potato, mushroom) and see if that makes me feel healthier. I don't know how I'm going to live with out potatoes, haha! Also I'm meant to be cutting out yeast, so I'm going to go easy on bread so I can still have a beer every now and then. It's summer after all! Anyway, she also prescribed Metformin to help get my insulin resistance under control due to PCOS. I really wanted to go as natural as possible with managing it, but even if this kick starts my body a bit then maybe that's a good thing. Of course weight loss, less fatigue and better fertility are pretty great side effects, too. However the nausea....not so much. Does anyone have any experience with taking it?

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#66 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

Hi Everyone!

So, my husband and I have been trying for a few months. And each month I think we did everything right, nothing happens. So far, the last three month each time when AF started, one of my friends announced that she is pregnant within a day or two. I don't know how to deal with it. I want to be happy, but I feel so sad. I don't have a chart, I don't know how to keep one. But I have been taking ovulation tests and gotten busy when it showed that I was ovulating :) 

Anyways, my sister in law told me to come here for support. She had trouble getting pregnant with her second and said that she basically lived on this site :) 
Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Lisa

Hi Lisa! I actually do live on mothering.com twins.gif, I seriously check 4 or 5 times a day.

My advise would be to bd ("baby dance") every other day, that's what my doctor prescribes smile.gif

#67 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 PM

Is it just me or did my boobs just start feeling sore....

And yes, I'm going crazy dizzy.gif

... Was looking at my FF calendar and should be able to find out if I'm pregnant on sun-tues (which would be 10-13 DPO & 8-10DP last BD), after that I'll pretty much know. The next few days are gunna go by fast, so im very nervous. 

#68 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

And... I'm out. Oh well. No Libra baby for me. Please move me to waiting to O. Thanks.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#69 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandraz View Post

Hi Lisa! I actually do live on mothering.com twins.gif, I seriously check 4 or 5 times a day.

My advise would be to bd ("baby dance") every other day, that's what my doctor prescribes smile.gif

:) That is good advise! But I was more asking for advise on how to deal with not being pregnant, and people around you being pregnant. It is driving me crazy! Also, could someone fill me in on the abbreviations you guys use?

#70 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 PM

doularebekah- Thanks I tend to say a lot of TMI situations on the other forum I frequent, but I didn't want to scare y'all off in the first few posts lol.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#71 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

And... I'm out. Oh well. No Libra baby for me. Please move me to waiting to O. Thanks.

I'm sorry!

Keep your chin up. Every out month is one month closer to the right one!

#72 of 100 Old 01-19-2012, 04:21 PM

Oops. Double post.
#73 of 100 Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 AM

sulkoff.gif

Hi there ladies, I am still keeping a keen eye on you all. A2E posted in DDC thread, I think she lost her baby.  She might need some support.

Fertile month too all.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#74 of 100 Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM

Thanks, SkinnyLoveBC. I know it will happen when it happens. I just need to stop trying to control it. That is something the universe keeps trying to teach me, almost daily.

LisaAdkins, that is a hard one. I am feeling it too right now. I have two pregnant friends and I feel left behind, a bit... I try to just do my daily deal the best I can, put my energy into my my family as it exists today, and know that when it happens, those friends will give me baby clothes their little one has just outgrown! :)

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#75 of 100 Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

LisaAdkins Glad to see you found the thread! Good to have you here :) It is definitely hard when your friends seemingly get pregnant so easily, but we're all in the same boat here so are a great support. Something I've been trying to remind myself of lately is that everyone has their stuff that they're going through.....even the pregnant ones! Feel free to vent whenever you need to! Here's a link to the abbreviations, it took me awhile to figure some of them out and even to use them because to be honest I felt a bit silly! Some of them I still don't use because it feels weird, but the more I use the forums the more I realise how much easier it is to type them out instead of the whole thing http://www.mothering.com/community/a/abbreviations-and-acronyms

Anyalily - Oh hun, I'm sorry. I've moved you, and am keeping my hopes up that this is your cycle. Thinking of you!

John16n33 - Haha, no worries!

CorgiMommy - Thanks so much for the heads up, I'm sure there are tons of us in here that want to support her.

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#76 of 100 Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

Hi Everyone!

Fertilityfriend.com is a great resource for charting. They have a full online class that helps you figure out how to chart, and it's mostly automated, so as long as you take your temp. each morning, it helps with the rest.

I feel like I kind of wasted my first 3 months of TTC by just using OPKs because they don't tell you exactly when (or if) you're ovulating. Now at least with charting, I can tell exactly what's going on and when. And when you use both, it's even more helpful! Also, your doctor will definitely want to see charts to help diagnose any possible delays in getting pregnant. They're worth the effort! When I realized that, I just kept thinking "Wouldn't that suck to try for a year and then go in and be told to start charting and come back in a few months."

And when I'm charting, I feel less bummed out each cycle that we're not pregnant because I know that I'm still doing what I can and I'm controlling something in the process, even if it's just taking and recording a temp.! Haha.

Sorry to overwhelm you with information. Obviously, I'm a fan, but your journey is all you and that makes it special! Good luck!

#77 of 100 Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Thank you for the link! Now I might actually know what is going on :)

I found the fertility friend yesterday when I was messing around on this website. I set it up and since I just had my period a couple of days ago, it will be almost a full cycle! Thanks for all the answers so far! 

*something that brightened my day today- when my coworker came in to relieve me from my shift, my eyes went straight to her big round belly. She is VERY pregnant, and all of the sudden I saw her shirt started moving! The baby was kicking and punching away! It was amazing to see- hopefully that will be me, and all of you, soon!*

#78 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 AM

Hey ladies, thought I would update since I haven't really been on since my BFP. Happy to report my tests are darker and no spotting. I still have very few symptoms other than fatigue which could be caused by anything. No sore boobies, no throwing up. Nothing really out of the ordninary except a little bloat and fatigue.

I am still waiting to hear back from my OB about when I can be seen. We are military so they pretty much run everyone through an assembly line. I will just have to wait my turn to be seen.

I am officially in my 4th week today. I know exactly what day I concieved since DH and I only dtd once in our fertile week, which was within hours of ovulation. EDD is 9/29/2012. I will really get to celebrating when I either hit my 8th week or start to feel pregnant. I have a good feeling that this is a sticky one but of course with so many mc's previously I do worry a little. I usually don't make it this far if something is going to go wrong so I feel blessed so far.

Here is a run down of symptoms I have experienced so far if anyone want to compare.

1DPO-7DPO no symptoms (which is odd because I usually have a lot of cramping from ovulation until AF, not really any cramping this cycle)Temp spike days 6 and 7.

8DPO-fatigue, very vivid dream, leaking nipple

9DPO-BFP, fatigue, temps still not above 98 but hovering in the high 97's

10DPO-12DPO fatigue, temps still not above 98

13DPO-fatigue, emotional, heavy cramping still temps not up

14DPO-15DPO fatigue, emotional, temps above 98

And that's about it. The cycle I am actually pregnant I have no symptoms. I guess what I experienced before was just pms rather than pregnancy signs.

I know how much you ladies like charts so here is mines.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/83411

#79 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 AM

WOW! Our whole crew has been sick for 10 days-and this thread has been so active!!!

Tons of thoughts to the mommies who lost! Done that several times and it's heart wrenching.

Congrats to the BFPs!!!

Bummer about all the AFs. Mine got to me-I was feeling so optimistic.

Thats my short response to all this activity. ;)

CD11 and still feeling sick. Haven't been temping, but time to ramp up again and just cough in DHs face-I like the sound of October !!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#80 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 AM

OMG - this 2WW is killing me!!!  I'm on CD 18, so I suppose I could test since I usually O on day 10, but I am out of tests, and am not going out into the wintery, snowy weather.  How is everyone else handling their 2WW?

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#81 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoping4just1more View Post

I am officially in my 4th week today. I know exactly what day I concieved since DH and I only dtd once in our fertile week, which was within hours of ovulation. EDD is 9/29/2012. I will really get to celebrating when I either hit my 8th week or start to feel pregnant. I have a good feeling that this is a sticky one but of course with so many mc's previously I do worry a little. I usually don't make it this far if something is going to go wrong so I feel blessed so far.

Here is a run down of symptoms I have experienced so far if anyone want to compare.

1DPO-7DPO no symptoms (which is odd because I usually have a lot of cramping from ovulation until AF, not really any cramping this cycle)Temp spike days 6 and 7.

8DPO-fatigue, very vivid dream, leaking nipple

9DPO-BFP, fatigue, temps still not above 98 but hovering in the high 97's

10DPO-12DPO fatigue, temps still not above 98

13DPO-fatigue, emotional, heavy cramping still temps not up

14DPO-15DPO fatigue, emotional, temps above 98

And that's about it. The cycle I am actually pregnant I have no symptoms. I guess what I experienced before was just pms rather than pregnancy signs.

I know how much you ladies like charts so here is mines.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/83411

Congrats again! Hope I'm there with ya next week, then there will be another military babe smile.gif

AFM....

I'm very hopeful considering we have BD'd 10/15CD's blush.gif. I'm on CD 17 now, so I should know for sure by next weekend (based on last BD), but of course I'll be testing on Tuesday and Thursday also. fingersx.gif

But for now I'm expecting a BFN, probably because I don't wanna get my hopes up too high.

#82 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 AM

Cassandraz--->You're military as well???? I just love meeting other military wives on here. I hope you get your BFP. I just have to tell you that the way we concieved DD1 and 2 was by DTD every single day in our fertile week. Worked like a charm. I had my doubts about this cycle because we only BDed once because we had family in town for the holidays so it was kind of awkward lol. But best of luck to you!!! I will be stalking your posts. thumb.gif

#83 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 AM

Cassandraz & hoping4just1more- We are military too!  I actually have a question that y'all might be able to answer for me.  We currently have Tricare Standard now, just because that is what Dh signed us up with while he was at basic and we never changed it.  I am wanting to switch us to Prime because I don't want to pay the copays all the time and I was going to call Monday to do that. BUT if I do get PG I will eventually want to go back to standard (in July/August when we get to our next duty station) so I can have a homebirth.  My questions are can I change to prime now but switch back to standard then if I want?  Could I switch just myself back to standard and leave Dd on prime at that time?

I haven't found any IRL mom's that know this answer yet (I don't know any IRL mom's who want a homebirth lol) so I was hoping one of y'all might know the answer.

-Meagan

#84 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 AM

I'm still waiting to O- but that hasn't stopped us from BD-ing as much as possible! I'm sick right now, flu-ish symptoms- hoping it doesn't mess up my cycle too much. I'm so glad to be on here, we haven't really told anyone in the family that we're trying- which is easy since we're so far away from them now. 

Congrats to all the BFP's! Sorry about the AF's and losses!

Thinking fertile thoughts.

*K

Kat- 27: Artist, Yogi, Wife, Animal lover...

#85 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 01:20 PM

CD 7 now... waiting to 'O'...............

#86 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 01:31 PM

congrats on the BFP's... and baby dust for a bunch of V-day bfp's............

#87 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

LisaAdkins - You're welcome! And I totally second SkinnyLove's rec for Fertility Friend. It's just so user friendly and like Skinny I like having that little bit of control over what's going on. It's also really useful having the data to look back on in order to get an idea of what your body is doing. How cool to see your coworker's baby move! That is pretty exciting, and even more so when it's all of us :)

Hoping - Thanks so much for sharing this info with us! Really great to hear you're doing well!

Angie - Good to see you! I was wondering how you're doing :) I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, though. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lisoula - Ha! The 2WW is definitely tough! Do you have lots of snow where you are? 

KatCooke - BD'ing all the time, life's so hard! Haha ;) Sorry to hear you're unwell, though! We also haven't told anyone that we're trying, although this being our first we do get the odd comment about when we're thinking about having babies. I just try and brush it off, haha. I don't really want it to be a big deal!

AFM - I have no idea what is going on with my cycle at the moment, ugh. FF thinks I ovulated on CD8 which would be at least a week early for me. So I discarded the temp on CD11 because I knew my sleep had been all messed up that day, and it took the cross hairs away. Also this morning I was a little sleep deprived when I temped, but I'm pretty sure I got at least 4 hours before temping so that should be fine. I am taking Vitex to regulate my cycle, but surely it wouldn't kick in this early? I've had no ewcm, but my creamy cm is often really stretchy....is that normal? Also, this morning when I checked my cm it was super stretchy, but also lotiony.....so not semen I don't think (we BD'd last night), I don't know what it is! I did the water test, which I've never done before, and it balled up and sank which I think means cm. I know I should just wait it out and see what my temps do. If I did ovulate early I'm pretty sure we're out this month as we've had no chance to BD apart from once earlier in my cycle that I forgot to mark down, but I'm pretty sure it was too early. Sigh.

#88 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post

Lisoula - Ha! The 2WW is definitely tough! Do you have lots of snow where you are? 

Right now we only have about six inches, but there was an advisory to only go out if necessary because of icy road conditions.  Blah....I hate winter.  cold.gif  It's supposed to warm up to the 40's tomorrow, though, so the ice should melt & I can go buy some tests.

The odd brown spotting is back though...  It's so light it's barely noticeable,  but I can't figure out what the heck it is.  I never spot this far before AF is due.  ????

#89 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 PM

Can I join? ;)

Add me to 2ww!

I haven't been on/posted on MDC in months! But here I am, 6-8 DPO (not entirely positive!) and thinking I may be pregnant. I have had a few off and on "symptoms" like headaches and fatigue and a little nausea.... We weren't trying, but I am thinking that we DTD too close to ovulation without withdrawal (our usual BC method) and I have been obsessing over this possible pregnancy! I am thrilled at the possibility, very very excited.... So we shall see!

I have taken a couple tests, BFN's so far. Of course it is still early!

Question-- I had some very fertile fluid (I usually can go by my CF as to my fertility status) from about Thursday 1/12-Sunday 1/15, with the MOST fluid being between Friday and Saturday. I am questioning whether this means I ovulated when there was the most fluid, or on Sunday when there was still a little fluid left?

Anyway, I will be testing again in the morning. ;) Good luck everyone!!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#90 of 100 Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 PM

LadyCatherine185-I'm not 100% sure but everything I have read says you are still fertile until you stop experiencing fertile CM.  Hope that helps.

-Meagan

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page