Little bit of Chart help?? Triphasic?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all..

I just had a quick question for all you chart guru's out there... I've been ttc for 3 months now and in all my charts before this (aside from the month I had my ectopic), I've never had this pattern to my temps...

A couple ladies from another forum suggested it might be triphasic and I've done some research, but I just don't see it.... I was wondering some of you that know charting well could take a look at my chart and see what you think? I'm despertely hoping for a good sign, even though I know triphasic doesn't automatically equal pregnancy... it's nice to wonder. Peace.gif

Thanks!!!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/356946/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

Lost our first to ectopic...

angel.gif August 19th, 2011 angel.gif

Lost our second to an early miscarriage...

angel.gif February 14th, 2012 angel.gif

#2 of 41 Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

anybody?? bump.gif

#3 of 41 Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm not an expert, but it does look like it's going triphasic to me.  Another couple days of temps should tell for sure! 

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#4 of 41 Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM

It's definitely possible, but like red sonja I think you'll have a better idea in a day or two. It's also a bit tricky to tell for sure because of the missed temps. Keep us posted!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#5 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies ladies! I figured that it might be too early to tell, but you know how excited it can get.

I did have another shift in temps this morning at 10 dpo (as well as a BFN unfortunately)... whether it's a sustained shift or not remains to be seen, but I hope it stays up, I want this so bad.

With a triphasic chart though, does the shift upwards supposedly indicate implantation? I remember hearing that that was the general idea (obviously not a fact considering not everyone with triphasic charts are pregnant)... but I'm not sure.

#6 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM

Colta - Yep, the idea is that a triphasic chart can mean implantation! But, like you mentioned not everyone with a triphasic chart is pregnant, and not every pregnant woman had a triphasic chart. Your chart is looking pretty good though!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#7 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 02:24 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

It certainly could be triphasic or it could be one outlier of a high temp.  Either way, triphasic does not automatically equal pregnancy.  Plenty of pregnant women do not have triphasic charts (in fact most do not) and many with triphasic charts do not end up pregnant.  The idea is that when the embryo implants there is another surge in progesterone spiking your temp and the timing is about right on your chart as implantation occurs between 6 and 12 DPO, 84% of the time between 8 and 10 DPO.  But your progesterone could fluctuate for other reasons beside pregnancy and your temp can fluctuate for other reasons besides spiking progesterone.  Your chart does look great, however, so just keep temping!  Side note: I'm not entirely convinced of your O date... it may have been CD14 instead, making you one less DPO than you think.  Just keep this in mind for testing purposes.  Keep us posted!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#8 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the great info ladies... I appreciate it.

I'm going to temp and see where this goes, if I keep a sustained temp shift over the weekend I might let myself get a little excited. I'm going to hold of testing until Monday where I'll either be 13 or 12 dpo. Af is generally due around 13-14 dpo... so ya never know.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see.

#9 of 41 Old 01-21-2012, 11:13 AM

Your chart is still looking good!  Make sure to update when you test!  smile.gif

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#10 of 41 Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post

Your chart is still looking good!  Make sure to update when you test!  smile.gif

I did test today with SMU (woke up to take my temp, went to washroom and went back to bed, woke up again later)... and it was a very clear BFN. I know it's still early, but I dunno... my temp went down a bit today and I just don't know how I feel. On one hand... I'm so excited about my chart and what I feel because I've never had a chart like that, but on the other hand... I just feel blah about the whole thing.

This is our 3rd month trying and it's been almost 6 months since we lost our first... it just feels like we'll never get there. (I know it hasn't been that long, but when you're 22 and have ADHD, anytime feels like a long time... at least in my experience). I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

#11 of 41 Old 01-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Still looking great!  How long is your average LP?  Going three days past your longest LP is a very good sign of pregnancy.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#12 of 41 Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

My usual LP is usually about 13 days... I'm 12 dpo today, so tomorrow is 13! I guess we'll what happens after that. I don't plan on testing again until Friday (if AF doesn't show before then.) Honestly though, I've never had my temps stay up this late in my cycle... usually they start declining much sooner then this... so who knows?

#13 of 41 Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 AM

Seriously, your chart looks awesome.  I would personally test earlier than Friday, but I understand your reservations.  I'm sure that 14DPO should give you an accurate result!  Good luck!

#14 of 41 Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again! I hope you're right. My temp went up again... only by a smidge, but it did go up. AF should be here tomorrow... so we'll see what happens, I don't really feel like she's coming... but ya never know.

#15 of 41 Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Yay!  I would be dying to test by Wednesday!  Good luck!

#16 of 41 Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Well... I caved and went and bought a dollar store cheapie hpt.... and it was ..

NEGATIVE

Not all that surprised... Kinda disappointed, but I wasn't expecting much from this cycle anyway.

#17 of 41 Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Sorry!  Two more days... try again!

#18 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

This morning AF is due and so far there is zip/nada/no sign of her whatsoever. My temp dipped a little, but it's still way up there, it only came down 0.1 of a degree. I have had little bitty, almost not there, cramps off and on and my bbs are so sore and swollen it's not even funny.

I haven't had any spotting, checked my CP and it's way the heck up there and almost too soft to tell if it's open or not (which it isn't, closed tight)... which is different for me, usually it comes down and starts to open. Oh, and I still have to pee every hour.

So suffice to say, no sign of AF.

#19 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 AM

0.1 degree is nothing- just normal fluctuation.  Your other symptoms sound promising!  The cervix should open slightly just prior to AF to allow the blood to pass, a pregnant cervix stays closed.  So that's definitely a good sign!  When do you plan to test again?

#20 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going to wait to test until Friday... if af hasn't arrived before then.

#21 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 AM

I agree, that little temp drop is definitely just a normal fluctuation.  Your chart still looks great, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Friday!

chicken3.gif

#22 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'm hoping for the best. It's almost kinda funny to be honest. I was invited on a trip to Punta Cana in March and I'm not sure I'd go if I'm pregnant... which sucks cause I want both things terribly (never been more than 4 hours away from my home my entire life) but in my mind I can't have both things at the same time... it's a bit of a dilemma. haha.

At any rate... it is now 3:30pm where I am and so far not one single hint that AF is on her way.

#23 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Travel while pregnant is safe... you might need to be extra careful of food/water in certain areas, but other than that not a big deal until you're 35 weeks along.  So I say go ahead and wish for both!

#24 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

I think I will wish for both! lol... I'm at such a weird place in my life right now... wanting to be preggers, wanting to go to the Dominican, trying to lose weight (15 pounds down so far!!!)... ah well.

At any rate, it really seems like I made it through the entire day without any signs that AF is impending. I've been checking my CP, because normally right before AF comes it gets a bit lower and starts to open and then the day of AF it opens completely.

Well so far it's still really high (almost can't reach it), getting softer everyday and closed shut. I've also got some crazy belly rumblings going on... every time I eat food my stomach just seems to grumble in disagreement.

Oh, and if I have to go to the washroom one more time.... wild.gif I'm going to lose my mind!! Every 30-60 mins I'm going again!

Anyway, we'll see what my temp does tomorrow!

#25 of 41 Old 01-25-2012, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

AF is still a no show, my temp went back up a bit this morning and I don't really feel like AF is going to be here anytime soon. I get little bitty cramps off and on every now and again... but that's it so far. But the day is still very young (6:43am here), so we'll see what happens. If she doesn't show up today I'm officially calling her late.

#26 of 41 Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 AM

Yay!!  Keep us posted!

#27 of 41 Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Well... it's the afternoon and still no sign of the witch. Thought she might show up this morning.... but NOPE!

#28 of 41 Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well... looks like AF might be on her way. I had a little bit of pink spotting tonight. I guess I must have just ovulated a little later then I thought.

Ah well... there is always next time.  I'm much more hurt and upset then I thought I would be, probably because I thought I might actually have a chance this cycle... but I guess not. This sucks.soapbox.gif

#29 of 41 Old 01-26-2012, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Well... still no AF in sight. Temp went down a smidge, but again it was only about 0.07 of a degree.... so it's still quite high.
I haven't had any more spotting since that single one spot of pink (even after a pretty crazy workout), and while I thought my cervix was opening up last night... it's seeming very closed/softish/and high up... so I dunno.

Honestly the whole thing is getting frustrating... I'd like my body to stop feeling like AF is going to come if I'm pregnant, either that or just have AF come... I can't WAIT till tomorrow to test... if this witch doesn't show up before that.

#30 of 41 Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 AM

Your chart looks very much like a pregnancy chart to me.  Your spotting could just be the typical spotting around the time of expected AF.  Many pg women spot with no complications.  I would be dying to test again.  You might be 14DPO today, but that should be accurate for 99% of women.  You've got some serious will power to wait until tomorrow!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page