Implantation cramping? Or UTI??! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am on 10dpo (ish) and last night I started having the weirdest sensation in my nether region. It came in waves like contractions do and it was this dull, but then sharp at the peak, cramping sensation that I could feel from the front of my vulva all the way up into my uterus and bladder (or so it felt). It was hard to pinpoint exactly where it was happening. It actually kept me up some of the night. I woke up today and still have it, although it's a little milder today and seems to be located on my right side. It doesn't feel like AF cramping, but something different. Along with it is this pressure down there that makes me feel like I have to pee. So it's hard to tell if this is a bladder thing or a uterus thing that is affecting my bladder.

At first, I thought maybe it was implantation cramping and then as it lasted all night, I thought, maybe I have a UTI, but when I looked up the symptoms of a UTI, the main thing is that urination is painful and then comes fever, nausea, etc., all of which I don't have. So now I'm wondering if it's really implantation. Ahhh, the roller coaster of TTC! Regardless, I am downing cranberry juice today, just in case it's a UTI :)

And by the way, no spotting with it. I thought for SURE last night I would have some, but didn't.

Has anyone else had this happen? TIA love.gif

#2 of 5 Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 PM

I feel like sometimes I will have pains like that because I want to have implantation! :) 

Seriously though, you can just drop off some pee at the doctors and they can tell you if you have a UTI- I hope not! That means Antibiotics for at least a week!

Hopefully when you do, they will tell you you are pregnant instead of having a UTI :P 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

#3 of 5 Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

What's interesting about what's going on is that I know for sure this isn't one of those phantom symptoms that I can conjure up! It's enough to actually send me to a doctor. I had strep twice last month and was on antibiotics twice (first time in like 20 years, so it was not what I wanted to do, but alas...), so I am hoping (desperately hoping) not to need them again.

The intensity is getting a bit stronger - still no pain after or during urination, but the full bladder feeling is definitely distracting. I'm really feeling like this can't be implantation even though some of it does feel uterine and not all bladder. Totally not getting my hopes up. Actually, just hoping I don't have to take antibiotics again!

Thanks for the reply :)

#4 of 5 Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 AM

Implantation cramping wouldn't be felt in your vagina/urethra.  The feeling of needing to pee, heaviness in your bladder, etc are common signs of a UTI.  Keep yourself extra hydrated to see if it goes away.  Cranberry and pomegranate juice are useful to me, but not to everyone.  If you can catch a UTI before it gets too bad, you can often avoid antibiotics.  Good luck. :)

chicken3.gif
Irish dancing mama to E (5/12/06), I (12/31/07), and a baby in Heaven (8/17/11)
TTC #4

chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9e808/  chartnew.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips :) I actually started taking Cranberry pills that day (and drinking tons of cranberry juice) and all of it completely went away. Still waiting for AF, but in hindsight, those were definitely UTI sensations! If I end up pregnant, it could be a coincidence that maybe there was implantation cramping AND UTI symptoms colliding, but I just have this feeling that I'm out of the game this month...

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page