The ONE Thread Jan 22 - 29 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 126 Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for Jan 15 - 22!!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

hadleymunroe

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

jpack BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

krunchyk

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

LisaAdkins20

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

nisojon BFPChart2.gif  

Rockabilly Mama

SilaMarila BFPChart2.gif

skeemama

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cassandraz BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

indie1976

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LadyCatherine185

Lisoula

mamaforever BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

RavenMadMommy

skinnyloveBC BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Michaels-Mommy

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
TTCChloeOrConner BFPChart2.gif
WildDoula BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

hoping4just1more

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

FeralFox BFPChart2.gif

MamanFrancaise BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 126 Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

LadyCatherine - Ah yes, I can see how temping might not work in that situation! You usually have 12-24hrs post ovulation to catch the egg from what I understand, so you never know! 

Lisoula - Oh cool! Yep, it's a pretty great place to live :)

Fingers crossed for a few more BFP's before the month is out! Anyone out there who will be testing before February hits us?

Also, I'm going to be having a bit of a clean out of the thread starter list so if there is anyone who hasn't posted for awhile but still wants to stay on the list (which is totally fine, btw) please let me know by posting in here or sending me a message :)

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Rockabilly Mama - I'm so sorry :( I wish there was something more I could say, but it still hirts. Hopefully you get to have a couple of restful days to recharge. Do you chart/temp, by the way? I'm just trying to remember if you mentioned anything in your initial post. Hope you're doing ok, we're all here for you!

#4 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 AM

BFN this morning. I'm 7-9 DPO.. I never got a + test with either of my boys before 12 DPO so I am still holding out hope! haha.. My luteal phase is typically 10-11 days long, so if I'm not PG I should get AF within the next few days.

Fingers crossed for everyone!!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#5 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 AM

ugh.. i am crampy. :( :( I do remember being crampy during early pregnancy with my boys, but it was after I had already had a BFP... looks like AF is around the corner. Will let you all know if/when she arrives.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#6 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 AM

Wow, can't believe the month is almost through. 

This morning I am feeling doubtful, the symptoms I was having are not as bad as before, so maybe hormones were just at a peak or something, AF is supposed to come Feb 2nd, so I'll most likely know before February.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#7 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post

ugh.. i am crampy. :( :( I do remember being crampy during early pregnancy with my boys, but it was after I had already had a BFP... looks like AF is around the corner. Will let you all know if/when she arrives.

hug2.gif  Darn it.  I had high hopes for us.  I'm not cramping yet, but I don't have any pg symptoms either. 

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#8 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 09:16 AM

I don't normally get crampy until after AF arrives.. so I'm still a little hopeful. ;) Still no sign of her. I gagged this morning brushing my teeth. thumb.gif

#9 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post

I don't normally get crampy until after AF arrives.. so I'm still a little hopeful. ;) Still no sign of her. I gagged this morning brushing my teeth. thumb.gif

Yay for gagging!!!!   Lol...

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#10 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

Doularebekah Charting Cm is always super crazy for me. Sometimes I have 6 days of ewcm and other months, none. (I used real eggwhites to conceive #2; but had so much mucus with #3 I thought I was anovulatory). I did the glass of water test this week, too. And it looked good. Although I know it can take me a few days after I O for it to turn to infertile CM, so I havent really used that to determine if I O'd or not. Cervical position works better for me. I wish I had been temping, but I've been too sick to move. Hope you figure out whats happening soon.

Lisousa, LadyCatherine, cassandraz fingers crossed for all of you. 7+dpo is the time of the cycle I HATE the most. I'm so crazy on the inside and each month I think I'll be relaxed and nonchalant this time, but it never happens!

So we are sick and dtd anyways, because even though I am ambivalent now, I know I wont be 2 weeks from now. 

Feeling like I need to stand on my head afterwards to give those sperm an edge, but reality right now is a quickie in the shower while we are both coughing and then run to take care of sick kids. Not really feeling the mojo! But having fun and not missing opportunities, so I'll take it!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#11 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 AM

Hello fellow pregnant-ladies-to-be joy.gif Just popping my head in to say can you keep me in the 'waiting to be ready' list please? Seems like I've been waiting forever but on the homeward stretch now I hope. Good luck to you all who are trying this cycle! goodvibes.gif

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#12 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 AM

So my tests finally came- no O yet. If by some freak chance that I'm Oing right after AF, we have that covered. I think it's pretty hilarious that I'm peeing into disposable shot glasses for my OPK's! We had a holiday party back in December, and friends brought & left them- fyi.

I've gone a bit neurotic. I used to be really big into rituals and charms, so I made a fertility/baby juju bag with various fertility herbs and a moonstone, as well as making a tea out of the herbs and pouring a bit into our baths every night. Also I'm doing very hip-opening yoga every day. Can't hurt, right?

More BD-ing for us! We're both sick now- but it's really not stopping us, so yay!

I hope this will be a good week for all of us, thinking fertile sticky thoughts!

*K

Kat- 27: Artist, Yogi, Wife, Animal lover...

#13 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Hi DoulaRebekah, I stalked your chart. Yeah, that's an early O, eh? Interesting... The whole conversation about summer is making me pretty jealous! It's still a pretty puny winter here but I feel rather trapped inside with a toddler. It seems so much harder to enjoy winter (totally not what I expected) with a little one. Once we get some good sledding in, I'm sure it'll improve! Please move me to waiting to O. We've decided to go ahead and try this cycle right after the early miscarriage. Who knows what the right thing to do is? I sure don't, but I'm not sure anyone does.

KatCooke, very interesting about your juju bag. It's so cool hearing about what other ladies do. Funny about the shot glasses, too, sounds like a great idea! I'm sorry if I missed your intro but do you have kids already?

Hello, Samy23. Glad for you your wait is ending soon.

AngieRae, that's so funny about being ambivalent now. I totally feel you on that! I feel like that too sometimes, like it's a chore when you've gotta do it to get the timing right and you've gotta think about that 2ww! Or, and this is embarrassing to admit, but I think, "I don't want to miss today, because then on FF when it scores the BD timing, I won't have a check mark in today's box." That's how I know I'm trying a little too hard! Sheepish.gif

Good luck Lisoula, Cassandraz, and LadyCatherine!

AFM, I feel like I might O early on account of the m/c (since it was so early) my OPK was pretty dark (though neg) this AM. Either that or maybe it'll be late... Hmmm... guess I never appreciated how regular my cycle was! And still some bleeding, 8 days later, geez.

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#14 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 01:25 PM

JPack- I don't have kids, hoping for #1! Thanks for asking!

#15 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Just popping in to say hi. Still lurking and sending BFP vibes to everyone...

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#16 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Spotting yesterday and today which  means I should stop altogether in the next day or two...we are planning on bd'ing every other day from the time it stops until Thursday and from Thursday to confirmed O we are bd'ing every.single.day.  I hope that does the job!

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#17 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 05:32 PM

I have a question about the charting. I just started charting yesterday, and my temp was 96.4. This morning, my temp was 95.8. Is this normal? I feel like that is a huge fluctuation.... Today is CD7 for me. Thanks in advance!

#18 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 05:33 PM

LisaAdkins20- Are you charting at the same time each day?

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#19 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM

Yes I am. 6.30 every morning. I sleep with my mouth open, so I don't know if that would affect anything. Maybe I should buy a new thermometer....

#20 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM

LisaAdkins20...   You may want to temp vaginally. Because you sleep with your mouth open, your temps will read falsely low (which explains your 95 temp).

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#21 of 126 Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Angie - Yeah, I definitely find CM charting to be a bit tricky also. I guess I'm just always second guessing as to if I've interpreted it correctly or not, you know? How do you find checking your cervical position? To be honest I'm never totally sure that I'm doing that right, either! I definitely never know if it's open or not, haha. TCOYF has now given me an ovulation date as well, but it's at CD10 or 11 (I get it on 11 if I put in a 'fake' temp for tomorrow, haha) so if that's the case we've at least BD'd once within my fertile period. I'll just keep waiting to see!

jpack - Yeah, definitely weirdly early! Like I mentioned above, TCOYF thinks it's a little later but either way still really early for me. Haha, yeah Summer is pretty great at the moment. Although it took it's time starting, it seems like we're right in the middle of it now! I can imagine being trapped inside with a little one can be tough! A friend of mine lives in Edmonton and has 3 kids under 7, I don't know how she does it when the snow's piled high outside!

KatCooke - The shot glasses cracked me up! But really, they're pretty perfect! Hoping that hip-opening yoga and juju bag work their magic for you goodvibes.gif

Samy23 - Welcome to the group! Exciting that you're getting ready to TTC, I look forward to following your journey!

LisaAdkins - I second Stevi's advice about temping vaginally. I started out doing it orally and my temps were pretty low but when I started charting vaginally they were high and a bit more regular. It's hard to know how normal a temp jump that is until you have a few cycles charted, it might just be what's normal for you....do you know when you normally O?

AFM - Both FF and TCOYF think I O'd between CD9-11, and I'm hoping it's at least CD10 so we have a chance this month. Both my husband and I have been busy and tired, we've had visitors, etc so BD'ing hasn't happened as much especially as I wasn't expecting to O for another week or so! irked.gif Oh well, not much I can do at this point - aside from definitely buying some OPK's for next cycle!

#22 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 AM

Thanks for the new thread! ♥

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#23 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 AM

still no AF!!! fingersx.gif  8-10 dpo.... getting close!! Usually AF comes at 10 dpo, so I should know one way or another soon. If nothing else, I will take away from this that I really AM ready for another now/soon.. :)

#24 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 05:20 AM

LisaAdkins- I third the vaginal temping, I tend to be a mouth breather too when I sleep.  I actually have to focus on breathing through my nose when I am falling asleep in order to breath that way all night lol.

KatCooke- Is it bad that your post inspired me to youtube some hip opening yoga exercises?  Lol.

doulahrebekah- That stinks about O'ing early! Fingers are crossed that something happens and you actually O at your normal time!

AFM- I am just getting ansy to get this Bd'ing on the road lol.  If I O on my normal cd, like with previous cycles that would be next Tuesday.  I have Bible study every Tuesday night, would it be ridiculous of me to not go to Bible study to make time to Bd? I really want a BFP lol.

-Meagan

#25 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Doularebekah: I agree, my CM is all over the place. CD10 I had CM that literally looked like egg white (clear w/ a little bit of white) and now I'm on CD19, with cramping yesterday and today.

John16n33: yes, you can BD Tuesday night instead of study smile.gif Or BD before and after blush.gif

AFM...

Another doubtful day confused.gif All the "symptoms" I've had are not as intense, minus the backache and headache. The only thing similar to my first pregnancy is the watery CM, but as a whole my CM is a lot less. Even if I was, I wouldn't believe it till I was showing (we're not doing u/s or seeing an OB or CNM till at least the 2nd trimester), my mind is hard to convince.

On a better note...

If AF shows up next week I'll definitely know my cycle more than I ever have in my entire life twins.gif  

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#26 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 AM

Hmm Bd before might be a problem since Dd will be here and very awake lol.  But after depends on if Dh is still awake.  He has Pt at 5:00 a.m. so he goes to bed kind of early.

-Meagan

#27 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 AM

AAM...   Well, I guess my body can still throw me curve balls. My AF ended on cd5 as usual with some brownish blood only upon wiping. But, While checking for that I found bright red blood on the tp. It was only a drop or two, I thought it came from rubbing too hard on my cervix with the tp. Well, there was a little more the next day, along with more brown blood. Now on cd8, I still have some brown showing up on the tp, and my cm is thick and creamy. I am usually getting EWCM by now. My temps have not gone down either, but I think that could be from lack of sleeping soundly.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#28 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM

Stevi, I'm sorry it's so confusing! Do you have any thoughts on what it might be? I wonder if you'll end up ovulating a little later this cycle. I'm hoping this is a positive little readjustment for you!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#29 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM

John16n33: Not bad at all- I just got my yoga certification at the end of December, and one of my last classes was yoga for fertility. Doing a LOT of pigeon and legs up the wall, as well as keeping as balanced a diet as possible, and breathwork. 

AFM: I'm curious if anyone here is wearing/using a moonstone for fertility as well- I read a thread on another site and people were having really good results with it, so I've been wearing my moonstone ring again! Can't have too much good juju!

Here's the link: http://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/653365-moonstone-anyone.html

#30 of 126 Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the welcome back, I should be more active in this thread again this year as I made the decision to stop TTC using a donor and wait until I'm in a long-term relationship. And I have just got back in touch with a friend from the past, so who knows, maybe a relationship will happen this time.... I'm really hopeful and can't wait to have another child! It's so hard waiting, as everyone here knows. 

In the meantime, I've got much healthier by losing the weight I needed to, have been taking prenatals, and I chart CM, which today is fertile EWCM and not a thing I can do about it!

Stevi hope your on track with your donors still :)

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page