12dpo..temps still up...and spotting? any chance? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi all,

i'm 12 dpo today, cd 26 and woke up this morning (7 am) to brown spotting. i took a test yesterday and it was negative, but that was my last test. so i used an opk this morning and got a fat line but not darker than the test line. the spotting hasn't gpotten worse so i'm trying to have hope, but then the negativity kicks in...this is the last cycle of my 36 year and we've been ttc for at least nine months seriously, 13 months total. so you can see how i'm upset.  i used opks AND temped this month, this morning my temp was still up at 98.2 and my boobs hurt to sleep on. me -- trying to be hopeful...yet...i have had fsh and SA done -- regular. second cycle of regular thryroid. 

i have no idea what else to do to make this work. for years i used natural family planning and bragged about knowing my body, now i just realize i'm infertile. 

c.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
12dpo can still be a bit early before getting a bfp. I'm sorry you're going through this. Can you get genetic testing? Hopefully someone comes in with more help. Hugs to you.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#3 of 4 Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying...I've been lurking here for years and probably need to quit being an AAM poster and join in on a regular basis.

that being said, my spotting stopped in less than 12 hours. and, hasn't returned and my temps are still up. so, the scientist in me came out today...also, i got my progesterone results back and they were 13.4 on CD22 (either 6dpo, 7dpo or 8dpo) and well within the normal lab range of 1.7-27.0....i went back to my chart and if i adjust my o date 48 hours away from the day of the positive opk to CD 16 instead of CD 14, its highly possible that the CD26 spotting was/is implantation bleeding. now, our timing was best for CD13 and CD14 and CD17, but...stranger things have been known to happen and we know DF's SA was fine...

even so, still no positive HPT.

#4 of 4 Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Can you share your chart?  12 DPO could be too early if you had late implantation or are just one of those women that don't metabolize hCG into your urine quickly.  What test did you use?  Implantation spotting really isn't common, but what is fairly common is spotting around the time of expected AF.  Perhaps that is what it was! 

As for new strategies, I don't have any other than charting and addressing any possible issues there and of course pursuing reproductive technology after that... clomid, IUI, IVF, etc.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page