have 3month old, want another asap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I have a lovely 3 mth old son and want to concieve again, as quickly as possible.
some issues i think will not help my cause.

* breastfeeding, and want to for a couple of yrs
* no menstruation
* sharing sleep with baby, I guess this cmes under the b/f banner as he feeds a lot at night

I am very healthy and have been checked out by an osteopath for hip joints etc (sounds like a puppy). all looks and feels fine. Will be going to my natropath in the next week or so for herbal assistance.

I would love some advice.

Cheers, Kimmy
#2 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 11:42 AM

Why are you in such a hurry?

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#3 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Banned

I think you need to sit back and enjoy the baby you already have, and nurse him as long as you both care to. I'm aware that if there are fertility issues you haven't shared with us, that might play into your wanting to try again very soon, but still...

Enjoy your little one while he's little .
#4 of 7 Old 04-15-2004, 12:07 AM

i have to agree with everyone and the best thing to do in enjoy your son for a bit first.
i got AF back around 3 months (much to my utter dispointement) despite non stop(and i do mean non stop) nursing and bed sharing so return of fertility isn't always a long road

tara
#5 of 7 Old 04-15-2004, 07:57 PM

Hey! I say don't feel bad for wanting another one so soon. I did!

I love my dd and children in general. I would have loved to be pg soon after dd was born. I was, however, committed to bfing and giving dd all of myself. I see that you are also committed to bfing, etc.

I didn't get ppaf until dd was 20.5 months old. You just have to go with the flow. You can hope, you can pray, but there's not much you can do until your body decides it's ready to be fertile. Sorry. If you have fertility issues, or feel that you aren't getting any younger, I can understand your rush. Still, you have to wait until your body is ready. I suppose you could chart, or bd when you see fertile cervical mucous, but I personally saw fertile cm from 3 months pp and I still didn't get ppaf untill 20.5. So, you never know.

Sorry I wasn't too much help, but I just thought I'd let you know I also wanted another soon.
#6 of 7 Old 04-17-2004, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

I forgot to add that I am already in my mid 30's so that body clock is ticking for a score of reasons. It took nearly a year to concieve #1 for a start.
Another issue is that I really would like two children close in age.

Please don't get me wrong, I totally and utterly adore my little one, and I enjoy every second with him.

We haven't really been trying, but I would like to soon. I just wanted to get my head around what I may need to do.

Thanks for your advice, I will keep it in mind. And don't be concerned about me stressing out, if I was any more laid back, I'd probably fall over !

Cheers, Kimmy

HOMEBIRTH IS THE SAFEST OPTION
#7 of 7 Old 04-25-2004, 01:24 AM

You might want to at least wait untily ou introduce solids to your son. Right now you are the only source of nutrition for your DS and if you get preg there is the chance that the pregnancy hormones can lessen your milk supply, some moms even dry up completely for a while.

But you very well may not even get AF back for a year or longer. My DS is 14 mos and I still have no sign of AF. He's only nursing once a day and 1-2 times at night.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page