Nursing Momma's TTC- February - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Carmen- Thinking about you and hoping you get some closure soon. 

Ava's mama- Awwww, so happy for you!

JJ- I'm thinking the same thing as you. Weaning doesn't sound like something I want to do at all! Maybe doing something like Kalenten did, cutting down the majority of nursings and then adding them back in after a BFP? Honestly though, I feel like I've got DS nursing the bare minimum that he and I prefer and it would be very hard to give him even less!

AFM- No positive OPKs yet. CD 13 and waiting. 

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#62 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Can I play too? Currently "waiting to be ready" but really just waiting for AF to get here (probably today, but maybe within the next two days) and then actively trying for early March at O-time. I can't seem to format this message, so please forgive what looks like a jumbly paragraph.. ;D.

I've been stalking for a while and am excited to be put on the list! 

DS 22 months/ 18 PPAF (i KNOW.. right?! this is with almost 2 years of solid nursing on command a bazillion times a day.. seems to be genetic to get it back so early)/ Waiting to be ready   .. I think that's all that's needed??

#63 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Still in the 2WW.  I am so anxious to test already.  

I was having lots of symptoms on 3-4 DPO (insomnia, nipple pain, tired, a little nausious, food aversions...) 5 DPO I felt pretty good, but today, 6DPO I am having waves of nausea.... In my head, perhaps.  I thought implantation happened on 4DPO, because of some serious cramping, but my temps are so off.  DD2 only woke up 1 time 2 night ago,  but woke up at least 2 times between 3am and 6am last night.... The day before that, DD1 had to go to the bathroom at 3am, so I threw that temp out ....

Are temps usually lower or higher with frequent waking?

Here is my chart

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a8bea/">My Ovulation Chart</

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#64 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM

Chloe'smama - so exciting about the nausea, I hope you get some good news soon!

Welcome GingerNinja and Alexasjk and the mothership!

Carmen, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you are blown away by great news.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Sere234 and jj1107, I hope we all catch that egg!

AFM: I am on CD12 and feeling like o time is approaching.  It's going to be a pretty steamy Valentines Day for hubby and I if the kids go to sleep on time tonight. LOL

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#65 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM

Let me add EXTREME moodiness to my list of symptoms for today... Poor DH....

Happy Valentines Day, right!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#66 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Yay positive OPK today on CD 15!  Great Valentine's Day gift for me and DH :-) 

Hope your symptoms mean something Chloe'sMama - keep us posted

Fingers crossed Sere & gardenbelle that Feb is our month!

#67 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 PM

I just ordered a whole bunch of Wondfo OPK's from Amazon.  Temping isn't going so well with DS sleeping so erratically and since DH will be at a conference in the US this week I thought I'd take advantage of the great prices on Amazon and super fast shipping.  Woohoo!

Hopefully they don't open the box.

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#68 of 133 Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 PM

Hi there

I have a long story but have been on MDC for awhile so i will give the abridged version :)

DD1 was my whoops(or miracle if you ask my fertility doc). she was my "theres only a 3% chance that your BCP will fail" baby. i have never had normal cycles in my life. so i never expected to get pregnant. she was born in 2000

after DD1 i was a surrogate mother for an international couple. did IVF and had a little girl in  aug 2002.

after her DH and i tried for 2 yrs to conceive and after lots of frustrations and failure we took a break.

on that break i decided to be a surrogate again. did ivf again for a new couple and got pregnant with twins but lost one after amnio at 16 wks. delivered the surviving baby at 35 wks in nov 2005.

tried again for another 2 yrs. nothing. testing showed it was both DH and i so we had alot of struggle ahead.

in 2008 i was a surrogate again, doing ivf for a 3rd couple. after 3 tries i got pregnant but had a miscarriage at 7 wks in june 2008.

after the miscarriage i decided to lose as much weight as possible and get as healthy as i could and eventually it would happen for us. i lost over 60 lbs and still not pregnant. after endless medicated natural cycles and countless chemical pregnancies and BFN we decided that we would get insurance that covered ivf and give it a shot. and the insurance we got pays for 1 cycle per lifetime. it had been 8 yrs or so since we started trying for another child. in march of 2010 we started our ivf cycle with dr el-roiye in pennsylvania. in april i found out i was pregnant with twins. in nov 2010 i delivered my 1st son and my 2nd daughter.

here we are, 15 mths later and i am still nursing them :)  we want at least one more but to do ivf again would be completely out of pocket for us. the doc we used before has self pay packages that are reasonable so its not out of the question. but i think we will try for at least 6 months before we start looking into that again.

i am still carrying alot my pregnancy weight. i attribute that to my no longer working since the twins were born. i did go back to my full time job but they were not giving me the time i needed to pump milk and it started to affect my supply and the twins werent thriving so i quit to be with them. so i havent been active as much. its no excuse but they keep me busy :) i started the pregnancy heavier than i should be and didnt gain much til the end when i started to have swelling. i am struggling with it now, as i have my whole life.

i am hoping to wean the twins when they are 18 mths old. they eat healthy so i am not worried about that as much as i am about the emotions involved with weaning. they tandem nurse so its a special time for all of us. DS still gets up at least once in the middle of the night to nurse, while DD2 likes her sleep and has slept all night for awhile. 

long story short, AF has not visited me at all since i gave birth. i assumed it would come back when they started solids. nope. they still nurse at least 5 times a day and DS in the middle of the night. i wonder if it will ever come back. i am sadly not that lucky to get pregnant on accident while nursing. i would be grateful, but its not going to happen. so thats my story. waiting to get back to whatever my version of normal is so that we can TTC our last baby(ies).

#69 of 133 Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Gingerninja- Welcome! Hope AF arrives soon for you smile.gif

Chloe'smama- Hehe, those 2ww symptoms totally do me in! Glad you've got so many, hope you have them for a good reason!

Gardenbelle- I was lying in bed, singing my DS to sleep last night thinking "Hey, someone online said SHE hoped her kids went to bed on time tonight. Maybe they are already asleep?" And then I accidentally fell asleep with DS (only for a couple minutes)! 

JJ- YAY!! Glad for a positive OPK! Let's hope Valentine's Day is your lucky day!

WP- I'm using the Wondfo OPKs right now for the first cycle. Easy to use and cheap too!

Marquess78- Wow, you've helped several other families find baby happiness, how wonderful. smile.gif  Welcome and I hope your time here is short!

AFM- I'm on CD 14 and waiting to O. Decided to cut DS's nursing down to only sleep times. mecry.gif So sad. greensad.gif I'm really going to miss our late morning and late afternoon cuddle and nurse sessions and I know he will too. Ah well, as long as we stay busy playing it'll be fine. I'll just have to distract him with a book or something when it comes to cuddle time. 

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#70 of 133 Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 AM

So I caved and took one of my super sensitive tests this morning at 7DPO... BFN.... not a surprise though.  We are taking the girls to Disneyland for the next 3 days, so I will retest when we return.  My normal LP is 10 or 11 days, so hopefully AF doesn't show up Saturday or Sunday.

#71 of 133 Old 02-16-2012, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome marquess78 - that is wonderful that you were a surrogate...hopefully AF will return soon so you can try to conceive while you wait to be ready to go back to the RE.  That is what DH and I are doing now...  Should I add you to "waiting to be ready" or "trying to catch first PP egg"

wp135 - good luck with the OPKs..hopefully you will get a positive soon!

sere234 - how many times a day are you nursing now?  I am probably going to reduce to 2x/day if I don't conceive this cycle (first thing in AM and before bed).  I will miss our afternoon cuddle time when I get back from school but I think DD will be OK with it as long as she's distracted.

gardenbelle - hope you O soon!

Chloe's Mama - sorry for the BFN but 7 DPO is way early.  I always torture myself with early tests too.  Thankfully you'll be having fun this weekend with your girls and won't think about it too much!  Finger's crossed for a BFP!

AFM - I had another positive OPK yesterday on CD 16 so I think today is my O day.  I wanted to BD this morning before work but DD had other plans and woke up early and was in bed with us!  Oh well, hopefully we can sneak one in this afternoon!

#72 of 133 Old 02-17-2012, 02:54 AM

Chloe'smama- Hope you have a good time at Disneyland and have a BFP waiting for you when you get home :)

JJ- I'm nursing DS 3 times a day now (early morning, naptime, bedtime). You are Oing!! Yay!

AFM- Got a positive OPK last night and this morning. We went to the local children's museum yesterday and DS's nap schedule was interrupted (noooooooo!). So he started his nap at 4:30 PM and woke this morning at 4:30 AM. eyesroll.gif I went to bed early knowing he'd do this but dang, what does one do when the day is in full swing BY 6:00? Usually that's when we wake up! I think I'm going to make bread, paint some picture frames, wash the dishes covering the counter, and of course play!

#73 of 133 Old 02-17-2012, 03:05 PM

JJ- hope that you got that afternoon nap adventure that you were hoping for! ;)

Sere- oh boy, we're in that situation with the no-nap right now.. just trying my hardest to keep him awake until 7pm so that he can crash a bit early and hopefully NOT be up for the day before any decent rooster would crow.. ya know? I hope that your day was full of delicious homemade bread delights!

AFM- Horray! AF came today & so I'm officially now "Waiting to O".. I've counted it out on my calendar and since I usually O around CD 17-19, I'm already planning big things... 

hahaha.. like.. making a cake with espresso icing to keep DH awake after work on those days.. *grin*

#74 of 133 Old 02-18-2012, 07:30 AM

Thanks ladies.... we had so much fun at Disneyland.  We stayed for a whole day and half the next... we were all ready to leave early yesterday.  

My temps dropped while on vacation, I was sure AF was right there, but here we are 3 days later and no AF.  Perhaps one of you will have some ideas  on what is happening.  FF took my crosshairs away today when I entered my info, but I am almost positive that I O'd on CD 32.  My cervix is high, firm and as open as it always is.... (I seriously can't tell any difference ever).  I have lots of creamy CM.  Also, they are vaginal temps, so they should be accurate, right?

Almost all of my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared as of Friday, but I think most of the time that it is in my head.

Here is my new chart (can you  update it in my stats please)

Edited to add:  My LP has almost always been 10-11 days, so starting AF today or tomorrow would be expected

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a8bea/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

#75 of 133 Old 02-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

Thanks ladies.... we had so much fun at Disneyland.  We stayed for a whole day and half the next... we were all ready to leave early yesterday.  

My temps dropped while on vacation, I was sure AF was right there, but here we are 3 days later and no AF.  Perhaps one of you will have some ideas  on what is happening.  FF took my crosshairs away today when I entered my info, but I am almost positive that I O'd on CD 32.  My cervix is high, firm and as open as it always is.... (I seriously can't tell any difference ever).  I have lots of creamy CM.  Also, they are vaginal temps, so they should be accurate, right?

Almost all of my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared as of Friday, but I think most of the time that it is in my head.

Here is my new chart (can you  update it in my stats please)

Edited to add:  My LP has almost always been 10-11 days, so starting AF today or tomorrow would be expected

we just stayed at disneyland, in the hotel actually and also stayed another day because they offered a great price to stay. Going to disneyland actually made me 4-5 days late, but AF arrived around noon on our second day there, no warning or anything, thank goodness I put a liner just in case until we could get back to the room. 

Hopefully you get an answer either way ASAP, do you have any HPTs at home? if so, I would test, then wait for AF...

Just looked at your chart, based on the fact that ovulation occurs after a positive OPK, it may still be too early to test and you may only be 8DPO. Other than that, if your sure you should be starting AF today, probably all the traveling at Disney is making you late...also, your BD schedule would be very helpful to see your chances of pregnancy.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#76 of 133 Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 AM

I got some surprise crosshairs this morning.  on the day that dh and i last dtd.  i guess i'm in the 2ww, now!  oops! lol!  we aren't trying, but are not NOT trying.....thought I don't think we were ready to be timing o and bding!  lol!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ba0f

Alexas , Wife to Bobby , mama to Macie Quinn(6)dust.gif Emery Pearl (3)energy.gifand Baby Boy due in July belly.gif

#77 of 133 Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 AM

Hurray Alexa- hope your 2ww is not too long.

My temp is back  above coverline today, so I don't know what the heck is going on.  AF didn't show up yesterday either.

Took a test this morning and it was a BFN.  I have the super sensitive tests that measure down to 10mIU.  I am not feeling too hopeful at this point.  

If I ovulated on CD 32-34, I should be ok with BD.... we do it every day until the temp shift and another day, then every other day for a few days.

#78 of 133 Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Hello all. I'm new here and have read some of your stories. What a great way to bond with other nursing mamas in similar situations.

I'm nursing my 21.5 month old dd 2x a day. Had first period 2 months ago and ttc. 2 months ago before af came i got a positive ovulation sign via first response but a week or so later my first period came. I was confused and just figured that the first response ovulation stick was confused due to my own confused body. I didn't know anything abt short lp at that time.

Last month I just went with my cm and bd 2x. Negative on preggocy test.

This month I got my lh surge positive on cd21, as expected. Then we bd 4 days In a row because I really wanted to cover all bases. And now waiting. I forgot to chart my temp so I don't know when I ovulated but it is now a week and a day past the first indication of my lh surge.

I have some achy cramping today like af is coming. I hope she holds off because I'm refusing a 3rd nursing for my dd since she obviously doesn't need it for nutrition and because I'd really like to conceive. Hoping the lp will be a good length.

It's great to share my story with you guys because I know you understand! In talking to friends, i've started to feel like I'm speaking another language. smile.gif

married for 4.5 yrs . dd 5/2010 . expecting 11/2012!!!

#79 of 133 Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Welcome lairac-  lots of ladies here have experience with LP and lengthening it.  Hope this is the month for your BFP.

AFM-  12DPO (usual  have a 10 day LP)... BFN on my test this morning and not understanding what is going on.  My nipple sensitivity has returned as has some nausea.... it was gone for a few days.  Wonder if implantation happened at 10dpo and that I will get my BFP Wednesday.  Or if the vacation has just set AF back a few  days.

#80 of 133 Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Hi there! I've been MIA for a while... during my last cycle, my LO was sick & nursing so much that I had a hard time figuring out when/if I O'd. My best guess is that I O'd on CD20 and AF showed up 10 days later. This cycle, I'm on CD16 and showing some signs I'll O soon, so I'm excited! I'm still not temping, just going off CM.

(Side story: I run a cloth diaper shop, and many of the customers are pregnant, of course. I had a mom come in this weekend who has a LO who is 13mo, the same age as my DS, who said she's due "any day now" and couldn't imagine not having another baby on the way, since our "babies" are toddlers now! It made me a little sad. I'm doing my best to enjoy my toddler, though, and know that the next baby will come along someday... Sigh. Starting to feel the baby bug a little stronger, as DS gets to be less and less baby-like.)

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#81 of 133 Old 02-20-2012, 02:20 PM

Chloe'sMama- Your LP is getting longer! Yay! Fingers crossed that you'll get a BFP Wednesday!

Lairac- Welcome! I'm with you, I'm holding my DS off of a 3rd (and 4th eyesroll.gif) nursing since he doesn't nutritionally need it. Hope your stay here is short!

HopefulJo- I had the same thing with my DS. He was sick and nursing sooooo much last month. Got a BFN that cycle... Where in Indiana are you? I'm in central Indy, far east side and only know of cloth diapers shops in Bloomington....

AFM- Just hanging out here in the 2WW. O'ed on Friday, went to IKEA on Saturday, caught up on things on Sunday, and today is Monday. That puts me 3 DPO, only 7 more to wait until I can POAS!

#82 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 05:44 AM

Sarah- We run Toasty Baby, a CD shop just north of Castleton. We're small, and it's been there a couple years, but we've only been running it a month & a half. I'm trying to get the word out that it *exists*, since people seem to have no idea! I teach a Cloth Diapering 101 class, so I see a room full of pregnant people every week- which is fun because they're so excited, but a reminder that I haven't joined them yet. This month I'm actually able to tell when I'm fertile, which is giving us much better chances :-P

#83 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM

HopefulJo- How awesome! And you have a blog too (I added it to my Reader!)! I'm filled with glee, if you can't tell!! We CD'ed DS since birth so sadly I don't think I'd come to your classes but I will stop by next time I run errands up there. smile.gif

I've got nothing TTC related to talk about....

Today I took DS to his 18 mo WBV and he's happy and healthy (as if I didn't know that! eyesroll.gif). Doc asked how he is sleeping and never said to let him CIO, which I'm very glad of, but did say DS has the ability to sleep through the night. Yep, I know that. Little dude certainly should be able to sleep 8-12 hours straight (in theory) but still wakes up 1-2 times a night. This HUGE improvement started in the last 1-2 weeks and I'm sure hoping it sticks. Doc didn't think that was as awesome as I did but oh well, I let her know we're fine with it! We're perfectly happy to help him fall back asleep at night but dang, being able to sleep ALL NIGHT without a waking will one day be marvelous.

Also, we've elected to delay most vaccinations but DS does get one every 2 months on our veeeeery slow schedule.  shy.gif Today he howled his head off after his shot!!! How the heck do you mamas who vax on schedule get your kid to sit for more than 1 shot in a row?!?!?! DS was FINISHED after that and insisted we were "all done" and cried until we left. Sad boy. 

#84 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sere234 View Post

How the heck do you mamas who vax on schedule get your kid to sit for more than 1 shot in a row?!?!?! DS was FINISHED after that and insisted we were "all done" and cried until we left. Sad boy. 

I space out my DD shots, but if she only needed two I would do it on the same day and nurse her while she got the shots. She's always been good at not screaming, she'll usually just get tears, but I  usually am holding her when she gets them.

#85 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Woke up today with my first thought beaming at me like a neon sign.. CYCLE DAY FIVE!!

I have a feeling that this is going to be the month of crazy. TTC is such a tortured batch of waits, with a good round (or two) of diversion 'round the middle.

Lairc, double welcome & when I read your line about not being able to talk to friends about any of "this".. I grinned and nodded. Not that you could see that. This little community (even when I'm just stalking threads) keeps me sane and helps me keep my faith in humanity.

#86 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 PM

Chloe- that's certainly promising!!! The longer the lp, the better. Wed is tomorrow! I'm excited for you. smile.gif

Sere- we vaccinated as scheduled. I considered delaying but ended up not and she was more or less okay with them. dd doesn't like them but I think we only have one more at her 2 yr appt. smile.gif as for sitting now that she's older I hold her in my arms.

Not much to update here except that the cramps I felt Sunday arent as strong these days but I do still feel an ache or pressure in the lower abdomen area. And af hasn't showed yet which is good.

married for 4.5 yrs . dd 5/2010 . expecting 11/2012!!!

#87 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM

who else here has NO idea if/when they O'd?  I hope I'm not the only one!!!! CD 26, and i've always had a good LP length.  Guess I'll wait till cd 40 to test if AF isn't here by then! Last period was 35 days

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#88 of 133 Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post

who else here has NO idea if/when they O'd?  I hope I'm not the only one!!!! CD 26, and i've always had a good LP length.  Guess I'll wait till cd 40 to test if AF isn't here by then! Last period was 35 days

There with ya, Dec cycle was 28-30 days, Jan cycle was 34 days (4 days late) and I think this cycle will be 28 days (based on OPK's), but really no idea and I don't even care, once I start caring and stressing I get two positive OPK's 12 days apart, bleh. I'm almost out of opk's (and not buying anymore) so I won't know for sure if I had a true + on CD12, blehhh!

#89 of 133 Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 AM

Question for you ladies: Is there a point in your cycle where nursing becomes more uncomfortable? The last three days or so, my nipples have been really sensitive, and I'm not sure if DS is latching weird, my milk production is down, or there's something else going on hormonally that is causing the pain. They seem to be tender even when he's not nursing, so I'm thinking it's not his latch. And, I'm only a couple days past O (probably?) so I don't think it's pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post

Me! Last cycle I really had no idea because DS was nursing so much while sick that I didn't get the normal signs. This month, I have an inkling, but am far from sure. If I get to CD 35 with no AF, I'll test, but probably not before then, unless I have other symptoms. I'm at CD19 now

Can you move me to TWW, 4 PPAF, 4mo TTC, DS 14 months? LOL, it's been a while since I updated, apparently.

#90 of 133 Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 AM

HopefulJo-  My nipples get real sore and my milk supply goes down usually right around ovulation, but this cycle, I have had sore nipples 3 times (I am on CD46 and it is unknown if I ovulated yet....)  When I got pregnant with DD2, I was nursing DD1 (18 months at the time) and the sore nipple thing just continued into the pregnancy.

AFM-

Arghhh, this cycle is throwing me for a loop. I had a blood test on what would have been 12DPO and had less than 2, so not pregnant.  I am now what I would think was 14DPO and still negative tests and no AF.... my LP has always been 10-11 days, so I just don't know what is going on.  I have got pregnant 3 times (1 miscarriage at 10 weeks), with that LP..  My nipples are really very sore for the past 2 days, so I am wondering if ovulation  happened on CD42 instead of CD32.  I am utterly confused.  DH and I didn't do a good job of BD around CD42, so I hope not, but I would like this cycle to be over so I can try again next.

Here is my chart.... what do you think?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page