When should I test.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-11-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So  my last cycle was only 24 days.  Today is the first day of my missed period (if I am regular and I don't know that I am), however, I am only 7 DPO according to fertility friend.  My DH and I didn't try really hard this month and had BD 4 days prior to my O if the chart is correct.  So, I think that 7DPO is way to early, what day can I reasonably start to test in the morning?  Advice or ideas...?

Oh, and usually I get a little crampy before AF, and I don't seem to be...so I am a little hopeful, but ...

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/babyhopes2012">My Ovulation Chart</a>

thanks.gif

oops.gif (edit)  looking at other's charts I'm starting to see the correlation of that temp drop...well, bummer I guess....maybe I can hope it was a mistake since there is not AF yet...Gonna go try to relax and just hope for the best tea6.gif (Darn it)   

superhero.gifhearts.gifangel1.gif                   flowerkitty.gifdog2.gif dog2.gif             BFPChart2.giffingersx.gifTTC             

#2 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I think FF is correct in its assessment of your O day, which puts your LP at just 9 days.  I know you and I have been conversing in another thread, but I forget what exactly we have already discussed.  Did you start supplementing with vitamin B6?  If so, how much?  I would recommend increasing it to 100mg if you aren't already taking that amount.  If sperm and egg did meet this past cycle there wasn't enough time for the embryo to implant.  You need at least another day in your LP to increase your chances of sustaining a pregnancy.  FX for next cycle!  The good news is that you'll get a full chart in from CD1 and that will help you to better pinpoint your fertile period and O.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

You have actually helped me quite a bit. You introduced me to charting. Then suggested I take some b6 and addressed my higher than norm first temp. I talked to my obgyn yesterday and because of spotting, short lp, and low amounts of cm (none fertile) she thinks my estrogen is low and put me on estradiol. (I have been asking around for opinions on this but haven't gotten any yet. She also said to call her as soon as I know I'm pregnant to possibly go on natural progesterone. So...basically right now I'm on b6 (I am at work so later I will have to see how much and will increase it) folic acid 2mg, prenatal vitamin, and 1mg estadiol.

Thank you so much for all of your help. Your awesome lol!

superhero.gifhearts.gifangel1.gif                   flowerkitty.gifdog2.gif dog2.gif             BFPChart2.giffingersx.gifTTC             

#4 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Estrogen supplement? Are you still breastfeeding?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

I was only able to BF for about 6 months. I am still worried about this drug and the prossible risk to fetus. I don't understand. Is it not a risk because I am not producing enough or is it a risk anyway. Any information on this supplement in relation to ttc is GREATLY appreciated.

It looks like i am taking 100mg of B6, but I just started taking it a couple of weeks ago.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page