The ONE Thread Feb 12 - 19: Love is in the air, Valentines Edition! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Wow, it sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat this cycle. Late AFs but BFNs. Strangeness!

I broke down and took a FRER yesterday afternoon, feeling pretty pregnant. BFN. :( I started cramping shortly after that and saw red this morning. Please move me to waiting to O. I feel sad about it. I was really hoping this was our cycle.

I am again thinking about taking a few months off. I just can't imagine NOT trying, but I would love to give myself the gift of losing 30 pounds before we conceive. Maybe the extra weight is part of the problem. It also could be DH, perhaps that we should go every other day, instead of every day...

Please excuse me if I lurk and and pretend like I am not trying and then join you all in the 2WW once again.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies,

I think we're ready to start TTC again. We just moved into a new house on an acre of land! So that's super exciting, and gives us the space we need for our natural lifestyle to really blossom and to start our family! Haven't had much time for baby dancing with the move and all, but hopefully this next month will bring us something good. :) Please move me to Waiting to Know, if you could!

Also found out today that one of my best friends might be pregnant.. She just moved in with her BF 3 months ago and definitely wasn't planning, so it's a bit of a shock, and kinda brings out some jealous twinges. But just keep reminding myself that we'll get there soon!

goodvibes.gif to all this month!

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#33 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

CDsMom 1031- How did you change your username? I have been trying to change mine for some more privacy, but I can't figure out how to do it! 

Send a message to AdinaL. She can do it for you. =)

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#34 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM

Oh, jpack.  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious pup.  There's just never enough time with our special friends, is there????  And the relationship you had with your dog sounds AMAZING.  I'll be sending you warm thoughts tonight and pray for my Riley to give your dog a warm welcome on the other side of the rainbow bridge.  

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#35 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

Shawna: I would say you are probably 11dpo.... what is your normal LP? If you were expecting AF this past weekend, that seems like an awful short LP. Otherwise, everything looks normal to me.

My normal LP (from day of O to AF) is usually about 8-10 days. Seems too short, right? I guess it's decided to lengthen at least for this month!

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#36 of 48 Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 AM

Well, looks like I'm out this month. My temp totally dropped to 97.7 this morning and I got another BFN. This is all so weird as I'm sure my body was almost pregnant and something just didn't catch. Now I just wish that the queasiness, thirst, fatigue, etc., would go ahead and AF would come so I could go on with my life!

I'm pretty sure the problem is that my LP is too short since I know I felt fertilization happen. It's been this way for years, though. What can I do to help?

Thanks.

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#37 of 48 Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 AM

AF finally crawled in yesterday... I can be moved to Waiting to O. I don't think I've ever had such a long LP... Sheesh!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#38 of 48 Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM

Yep. I just got AF, too. Please add me to the board and move me to Waiting to O.

#39 of 48 Old 02-16-2012, 08:16 PM

AF still hasn't started! No symptoms what so ever. No cramping at all. I usually cramp up really badly the day before AF starts and all through it. Tomorrow is my three year wedding anniversary, so I just would really like to know for sure, either way! I am leaving for my Germany trip on Sunday, without my husband, and I don't want to get a positive test while I am away form him! I just want AF to start, or a test to finally be positive! AF will be four days late tomorrow! It was supposed to start on Monday. UUURRRGH!

#40 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mylissa - Wow, those are really great numbers from the 48hr test! I wonder if it could fluctuate that much because due to having tests done in such quick succession? At least he has shown he has good numbers though, that's really positive for you guys! I think the every other day think is a good general rule, and like you said even if you don't hit the O date so long as you get in on a few days in your fertile period that is just as good. I hope you're feeling better soon!

A2E - Whoa, it does sound like you had a crazy cycle! I think that's pretty common after a m/c though, I know my cycle after mine was all over the place. Are you going to temp again to keep an eye on what's going on? That's a pretty high temp! You never know what could happen ;)

anyalily - Oh man, I'm sorry! Please feel free to lurk as much as you like, I think once you start on the TTC path it's hard to fully come off it until you're pregnant so I fully understand the desire to wait but just maybe try if you're feeling it. I forget, how long was your LP normally? Perhaps it's a good think it's gotten longer? I'll be thinking of you this weekend :)

WildDoula - How exciting! Both the TTC and the move! Ugh, friends getting pregnant by accident is by far one of the hardest things I find about actively trying, it's hard to not get a bit jealous so you're not alone there :)

Shawnamarie - I'm sorry to hear this :( Have you ever tried Vitamin B or Vitex (Chaste Tree, agnus-castus) to lengthen your LP? I saw a naturopath who put me on Vitex, but I've heard lots of positive things about taking a B complex and lengthening LP's so perhaps that could help?

Stevi - Bummer :( That was a long LP though, which is a positive thing!

AFM - 13DPO here and I started spotting a bit this afternoon. I noticed it after a particularly bad lesson (Yr 9 Maths on a Friday Period 5?? The worst.) and so I just had a little cry in the bathroom at school, ha. I had actually tested this morning and was sure I'd had a squinter but it was dark and hard to tell there's still something faint there now but of course it's way too late to be valid. Weirdly, my temps are still up and I've had no cramping which is unusual for me. If the spotting stops I'll test again, but I'm pretty sure I'm out. 

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#41 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 AM

Rebekah: Keeping my FX that it was just implantation spotting and you have a BFP today! smile.gif And completely off topic but Rebekah, spelled the same way, is my daughter's middle name. I don't see it spelled that way very often. I love it that way. smile.gif

Lisa: FX for you! Hope you are staring at a BFP right now!

So I'm pretty sure I O'd on CD 23 after all. I took my temp the last 2 days and it's indicative of post-O temps and just right for 6dpo. That kind of stinks though because I'm staring at CD 29 and knowing I'm NOT going to get AF today, which doesn't happen for me, EVER! I wish it was CD 29 and a much later DPO... that would be so much more fun. :P

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#42 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

AF still hasn't started! No symptoms what so ever. No cramping at all. I usually cramp up really badly the day before AF starts and all through it. Tomorrow is my three year wedding anniversary, so I just would really like to know for sure, either way! I am leaving for my Germany trip on Sunday, without my husband, and I don't want to get a positive test while I am away form him! I just want AF to start, or a test to finally be positive! AF will be four days late tomorrow! It was supposed to start on Monday. UUURRRGH!

I totally know how you feel, that's how my last cycle was. I actually didn't take a HPT test at all during my late 4-5 days because I had gotten a  negative the first day I was late and I know the accuracy is 99% on the day of your late period, but I know there are those that don't test positive on a pee test. But yes, no cramping, then I went to the bathroom and saw spotting, then AF came a couple hours later. It's interesting how all our cycles have been wacky this month, must be the moon or something.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#43 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM

Hello everyone! I haven't been on in a few days but I will try to catch up on everyones posts.  I just wanted to let everyone know that AF came in full force the other day and I probably won't be on this thread much for awhile.  After a lot of prayer I have decided to not pester Dh to TTC #2, I really should wait until we  both want it and I am afraid if I continue to nag him about the situation it will only wedge a hole into my marriage.  So I am going to try my hardest to not bring it up at least until we get to our next duty station and are settled-maybe even longer. I *should* graduate next spring so maybe we will be ready after that.  I will continue to check in every once in awhile and I hope you all get your BFPs really soon!

Best wishes and can I please be moved to waiting to be ready?

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#44 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

Hello everyone! I haven't been on in a few days but I will try to catch up on everyones posts.  I just wanted to let everyone know that AF came in full force the other day and I probably won't be on this thread much for awhile.  After a lot of prayer I have decided to not pester Dh to TTC #2, I really should wait until we  both want it and I am afraid if I continue to nag him about the situation it will only wedge a hole into my marriage.  So I am going to try my hardest to not bring it up at least until we get to our next duty station and are settled-maybe even longer. I *should* graduate next spring so maybe we will be ready after that.  I will continue to check in every once in awhile and I hope you all get your BFPs really soon!

Best wishes and can I please be moved to waiting to be ready?

Hubby is getting word on his next duty station by the end of next week (when I ovulate), so we are getting busy BDing. Hopefully he gets Cali again.

Good luck with all your endeavors smile.gif

#45 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 AM

cassandraz- Weher in Cali are y'all?  We are currently at the DLI in Monterey but are leaving in early April.  It looks like we are getting Schofield Barracks Hawaii next, but it won't be official until April more than likely.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#46 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

cassandraz- Weher in Cali are y'all?  We are currently at the DLI in Monterey but are leaving in early April.  It looks like we are getting Schofield Barracks Hawaii next, but it won't be official until April more than likely.

we're from Cali, L.a. area, so it'd be nice to be back for a bit. It won't be official till April also, but we should be getting more info next week. Hawaii sounds nice smile.gif

BTW, in January I was pushing the hubby to try for another babe, so much that we probably fought every other day. But once I left it alone he came around to agreeing that we should be happy no matter what happens and BD like husband and wife should, with no pressure to prevent or get pregnant. So right now we are doing great smile.gif and taking it all day by day and actually have been BDing every day, which has been hubby's fault... I kind of need a break, so it looks like the tables have turned a tiny bit 

lol.gif

#47 of 48 Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Is it just me or do y'all start feeling pregnant after you BD lol.gif...

I'm only on CD 8, or maybe 9 (I don't remember and it's nice to be a little less stressed than last cycle), so I know I'm not pregnant, must be the hormones that get released when our bodies know whats going on. 

This cycle is way different than the last, I was bloated the entire month, had cramping on random days, had "let down" sensations and was a little more emotional that usual... must've been the traveling.

This cycle I feel normal, which I am very thankful for... just remembered I had weird bright red spotting yesterday morning which was odd, but maybe that was due to the late period... anyways, this cycle feels good and I am looking forward to a couple of us getting BFPs the first week of March love.gif  

Screen Name Change - Waiting to O (cassandraz)

#48 of 48 Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

New threads up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1345641/the-one-thread-feb-19-26#post_16882735

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page