The ONE Thread Feb 12 - 19: Love is in the air, Valentines Edition! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 02-11-2012, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for Feb 12-19!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

cassandraz BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

hadleymunroe

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jpack BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

keylimecutie

krunchyk

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

Lisoula

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

rikkitikki

Rockabilly Mama

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif    

SilaMarila 

skeemama

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

indie1976

John16n33

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LadyCatherine185

LisaAdkins20

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Michaels-Mommy

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

hoping4just1more

mamaforever BFPChart2.gif

skinnyloveBC BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

FeralFox BFPChart2.gif

MamanFrancaise BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 48 Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

J16n33LindsayDawn - The moving of crosshairs and O dates is so frustrating! I guess once I've got a few more charts under my belt I'll feel more confident to call it when I see it, but for now it's just hard constantly not knowing what's going on. 

anyalily - Sounds like you're doing well! Let us know how testing goes over the next few days :)

LisaAdkins - Like you say, it is likely still too early to test so you never know. Hopefully you can hold out until AF doesn't show, you can do it!

Stevi - Oh friend, I'm sorry. That is rough. Sometimes as happy as we are for our friends, it's still totally normal to feel a bit down about it. Hope you've had a good weekend and things are looking up :)

A2E - I agree with TTCorC, perhaps this is what you need :) And really, so long as you're BD'ing every other day you should be good!

AFM - 8DPO here and if I've got my O date right I should know if I'm out or not by Wednesday so I'm really going to try and hold out testing until then. It's so hard waiting! Ha, as I know you're all more than aware of. I've been really tired the last few days, but that could be due to starting back at work, and I've had a bit of cramping/dull pelvic/left side ache but I seem to remember the same thing happening (the dull ache anyway) around this time last cycle so who knows. My cervix is still pretty high and not yet firm but I'm trying not to get my hopes up!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 48 Old 02-12-2012, 05:08 AM

blowkiss.gif

Thanks for the new thread!

AFM: DH, DS, and myself are road-trippin' down to Louisville today. It's going to s.u.c.k. At some point in his very short life, DS decided he hates carseats and will literally scream his head off the whole time he's in one. We got him one of those Baby Einstein mirrors to help distract him but it only works for about 3 seconds, SO, we're going to try a portable DVD player. He loves Spongebob, so we're hoping that if we give him something that'll constantly change so he won't get bored with it... It'll help. *Sigh* I've got nothin' else to try, LOL.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#4 of 48 Old 02-12-2012, 06:30 AM

Hi all, I'm kind of new (after a long hiatus) again to this forum and thought I'd drop in and join this thread. I am waiting to see if AF shows today or tomorrow, so I'm i the 2ww. I'll try to catch up on what everyone is up to. Thanks - and good luck to everyone! :)

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#5 of 48 Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 AM

doularebekah- Good luck! I wish I would have waited to test this cycle. 

AFM-I am 11dpo today and decided not to test today. I might test tomorrow but I'm not sure.  I am thinking I am going to reevaluate it every morning and *hopefully* make it to Wednesday/Thursday when AF is due so I won't waste another test (or several).  I am going to see what my temps do and go from there I guess.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#6 of 48 Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks all for the sympathy. The thing with the ex is tough because "we" tried at the beginning of our relationship, and then he changed his mind, stating all sorts of reasonable reasons, only to turn around and get her pregnant (and of course, it has to be the woman he was cheating on me with, right?). And, my young expecting friends? One of them is this ex's eldest child. How freaking fertile can one family get???

I'll get over it, eventually. I just get in these "woe is me" moods every so often. Sigh.

On a conception note... My lower back is starting to ache, so it looks like AF will be here soon.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#7 of 48 Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Grrrr, so I'm relatively sure I did O yesterday... after the patch of EWCM, I got some pretty intense O pains which is usually positively indicative of ovulation on the same day and of COURSE, DH was not in the mood for the first time in a FREAKING MONTH!!! I guess I will have to hope that 2 days before O and possibly tonight will be good enough. I don't think our chances are great but as all of you say, maybe I just need an out of the ordinary cycle. I'll hope for the best! I got pregnant with our lost little bean against all odds so who knows!

So what are you girls planning for Valentine's Day? Anything special?

I always do up a little goody bag for the kids from Cupid they open in the morning and then I make a special dinner (probably homemade heart shaped pizza this year) and cupcakes. For DH, I'm going to make up some chocolate covered strawberries and have some champagne for after the kids go to bed. We don't normally buy each other things (other than the goody bag he gets too!) so I'll just give him some booty, lol.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#8 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi to all you ladies!

A2E, sorry to hear about your lame-O DH. I HATE when my DH turns me down, especially when we are TTC. What do you think your job is, mister?!?!?@*$#

TTCCoC - good luck in the car! I hope it goes well.

AFM...

Here I am at CD25 and last month I was bleeding on day 24, so at least I have made it this far. I think I am between 10-12 DPO. I tested a few days ago, BFN. All out of tests and I decided not to get anymore until maybe tomorrow or maybe even as late as Thursday. I didn't test positive with DD until I had missed my period and it was not not for lack of trying. I have spent SO much money on FRERs.

My dreams definitely think I am pregnant. I had a lactation dream a few nights ago. In the past three nights I have thought to myself in my dream, "I am pregnant". Early this morning I was dreaming that I was in a bar ordering a rum and coke and I said, "well, this is the last one of these I am going to drink for while..." LOL. I don't even like rum and coke. Dreams are so silly.

DD is sick again, but so far it seems mild. Sigh.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#9 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

TTCorC - Oh man, that's a long trip with a screaming babe! Hope it went ok!

Shawnamarie - Welcome back! Fingers crossed that AF has stayed away!

John16n33 - How're you going?

Stevi - Ugh, oh man!! No wonder you were having a rough time dealing with it, that's pretty hard. Hopefully AF is staying away and you will soon be knocked up yourself, that'll show 'em ;)

A2E - Oh no! 2 days before and once after (if that happened?) is definitely still possible, though! Crossing my fingers hard for you :) It's actually Valentines Day in NZ today, and sadly I am super sick. On the bright side it means my husband and I get to spend the day together and I woke up to some flowers from the garden and chocolate. We might go hit up a movie tonight if I'm feeling better. I like the idea of your goodie bags! Valentines gifts for friends or family isn't really done here in NZ, it's pretty strictly for romantic relationships but I think it's nice that it's shared around a bit more in the States!

anyalily - Ha, well I hope your dreams are trying to tell you something! Your LP sounds good, I hope you can hold out to test!

AFM - Ugh, I broke down and tested today and it was negative. I was sure I could see something but my husband couldn't, all I could think was 'Well, I don't really think you know what you're looking for!' which of course is ridiculous and his eyes are probably better than mine considering I've squinted at probably a million tests by now. I would normally be spotting by tomorrow evening, I think so I told my husband not to let me even buy anymore tests until Thursday. My temp is still up, cervix high and soft but that's about it. 

#10 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh! We found out yesterday that my husband has been granted NZ Permanent Residency! He got it in about 6 months, which is super quick and we're so, so grateful. This means that we can now start on the adoption process if we want, so I'm going to look over the forms and see how we're feeling as a couple about moving forward with that. Exciting!

#11 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Wow, DoulaRebekah! That's so cool! Is it international or domestic adoption you are considering?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#12 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 04:43 PM

DoulaRebekah: That is awesome! I don't know where your husband is from... 

AFM- AF was due today, and she didn't show up! YAY, so I tested, and BFN. Maybe by tomorrow if AF hasn't shown her face! I don't have any AF cramping, which usually starts about three days before she comes. So I am not giving up hopes! 

#13 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM

The car ride was... Better then normal? We ended up buying Lion King instead. =) He still cried/fussed/whatever, but it wasn't bloody murder screaming the whole time and he still managed to find a little cat nap in there somewhere. I officially give up.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

#14 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

anyalily - Thanks! Probably domestic adoption for now, we're not opposed to International but it's way beyond us financially at the moment and there's so many kids in need here that I'd love to be able to give them a home. I think domestic will be harder, just less kids and lots of adoptive families (at the meeting we went to the social worker said of the 100 couples in the pool for our city, there was only 2 adoptions last year!) but we no we want to do this even if we do have our own kids so I figure we may as well start the ball rolling now!

LisaAdkins - Thanks! My husband is Canadian :) We moved back to NZ a year ago after living in Vancouver together for 3 years. He's lived in BC all his life so was ready for a change!

TTCorC - Haha, The Lion King is a great movie - I'm glad the car ride wasn't too trying!

#15 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 PM

Doularebekah...   LOL on my showing 'em by getting knocked up!

As for adopting there... Have you considered fostering? Here (I'm in the U.S.) you can foster and are then one of the first families considered if/when a child you are fostering becomes available for adoption. This is my "long term" plan. TTC until I'm about 45, then do foster care, and adopt from there.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#16 of 48 Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 PM

A2E FXed it was enough! BTW I hope my dumb pun didn't offend you. I just found it so funny once I typed the first part out and then couldn't find a way to end the sentence that didn't sound completely ridiculous!

Doularebekah, that's super great about your DH, very cool that it was faster than you expected - I think that's a rare story in immigration!

Anyalily Sorry your DD is sick and very cool about the dreams!

AMF I had to put my dog down yesterday. bawling.gif  She was my best friend and had been for the last 13 years. She lived with me in 6 states and traveled through 30. She waited for me curled up in the front seat of my car while I was in college classes, backpacked in the Cascades, romped in the plains, took down a deer once (really, true story - a small deer in CA -- but a deer no less and it was still bigger than she was! And she got it down but we got there in time and the deer was fine.) She was my companion and pal. It was really tough, but we were lucky to have seen it coming and she died peacefully at home. Anyway, that's all I got - oh, and CD 1 for me here, please move me to waiting to O.

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#17 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 AM

DoulahRebekah-That's great about your Dh!  Good luck on the adoption.

Jpack- I am so sorry about your dog.  My dad had to put down our 12 year old German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix back in December. It was 2 weeks before I came home for Christmas, I was so upset.  I knew she was sick but I was really counting on getting to see her one more time at Christmas.  She was such a sweet dog, very much a gentle giant.  Addi used to climb on her and use her as a slide and she never even gave her a dirty look.  Addi used to tuck Red in every night with a blanket and a pillow from the couch, and she would pass out on top of her during her afternoon naps.

AFM- Temp dropped below coverline today so I am expecting AF either today or tomorrow.  I am hoping to be able to convince Dh for one more cycle of trying but I will keep y'all updated to see how that goes.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#18 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 08:57 AM

JPack, so sorry to read about your dog!

I am now on CD 26. I am getting excited, but afraid to get too excited. If AF doesn't show today, I will get some tests for tomorrow morning. The other day I was talking with DH and I said that I was feeling kind of terrified that I could be pregnant (I have PTSD from my first delivery and had a hard time the first two years with health, surgery and crippling anxiety) and he said the best thing he could say. "It's gonna be fun!" I love him so much.

This morning I awoke to a romantic letter and chocolate dipped strawberries on the kitchen table. He gets major points. I am going to make a nice family dinner tonight and then we are going out on Thursday. What is every one else doing? Happy Hallmark-Enforced Love Day!

#19 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM

TTCCoC here. New username.

Please update my name on the main page!!! THANKS!

#20 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 PM

Just breezing by to sub to the new thread...

doulahrebekah, can you put me in Waiting to O, please?  Thanks!! 

BBL!

Homeschooling mama to DS (9/03), DD (VBAC, 4/06) and missing our s (10/4/09 & 12/28/09)
#21 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 07:30 PM

Jpack - sooo sorry to hear about your dog. Amazing what loyal family members they become.

doulahrebekah - yay! how exciting to be able to finally apply for adoption! I have a good friend who lives in Philippines, who is a midwife, and who was unable to get pregnant (hubby is sterile). She adopted domestically last year and it's amazing to see the family they've become in one year. So happy for you. Maybe you'll be one of those people who applies to adopt and ends up pregnant :)

AFM - Yesterday was 16DPO for me, my temp was still luteal-phase-ish in the am and I took a test (BFN) and then AF came. I was having cramps and spotting but was in denial since my temp hadn't dropped. Hubby's testicles still aren't back to 100% (his semen isn't either - is that TMI?) so hoping that as he continues to slowly get better, things will look up again. You can move me to waiting to O. On the positive side - pregnancy tests where I live are only 20 cents so they won't be a huge budget item for us :)

#22 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM

Happy Valentines Everyone! joy.gif

The darkest OPK was on CD21, which is indeed the actual day I ovulated, and my cycle was 34 days (4 days late irked.gif ), probably due to travel and 3 days of disneyland, which is actually when she decided to arrive. Took a couple HPT's, dollar store, FRER, CBplus and ended up with 1 evap on FRER and 2 evaps (that showed within 3 mins) on the dollar store test, I think it's safe to assume I'll be using CB the next time I test, which I hope will be at least 10-12 DPO.

I just got back home with my hubby today and we are ready for our first official month of trying, which is very promising, thanks to the late AF, which puts me at CD6? now, so whether I Ovu late, early or have a normal cycle (28-30 days), we will be together love.gif I still have a couple OPK's left, so I may take them when I'm bored at home, but other than that, trying to remain as stress free as possible.

Here's to November babies!

dust.gif

WAITING TO O

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#23 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

stevi - Ha! We have what's called 'Home For Life' here, which is like adoption but for kids who have either been removed from their families or for whatever reason their families can no longer care for them. It's almost exactly the same as adoption legally, you're just not named as parents on their birth cert. (it stays the same). From what I understand you can also get to that point by first fostering. I'm all for it, but my husband is a bit more hesitant because I think he wants to get a good handle on being a parent first so would like to start with a baby, be it a bio or adopted one. I can respect that, but if it was up to me there would be bio kids, foster kids, home for life kids...the works! I think what might happen is that we either get pregnant and/or adopt, and then once our babies are a bit older we'll start fostering or do home for life if we're having trouble adopting. I like your plan, too! So cool that there's people out there wanting to love these kids :)

jpack - Thanks! Yes, very rare from what I understand. It was meant to take between 12-18 months! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, my heart just breaks for you. I've been there before and it is just the hardest thing to do. What an amazing life she had with you though, so many cool memories. 

anyalily - How's it going?? :) What a sweet valentine you have!

CD'sMom1031 - Will do!

nisojon - 20cent HPT's!! That's amazing! Thanks for your sweet words, we're really excited. What a cool story about your friend, too! One of my best friends was also a midwife in the Philippines for a few years, what a small world :) Sorry to hear this wasn't your cycle, I really hope your husband is doing better soon!

cassandraz - Welcome back! I hope you had a lovely relaxing trip, it sounds like you're ready to go for this month! Good luck!

AFM - (first part cross posted from the Over 30s Thread)  Ok, I have a potentially embarrassing story. I've been temping a bit during the my because my husband keeps mentioning that I feel warm and I wanted to see if it was because of the heat here at the moment or if my temp is up. So the other day I went to temp but my flatmate was right outside my window playing with his son. I felt weird about shutting the curtains so obviously, so I went into the bathroom to temp. I temp vaginally and without even thinking inserted it and let go.....then splash! My first thought was 'I think it's waterproof!' but when I looked for it, it wasn't there! I looked all around but I think it had just slipped too far back for me to see or something, and I wasn't about to go reaching for it so had to flush it away :( Such a bummer! I'd bought another BBT the other day but it wasn't working and I hadn't had a chance to exchange it, thankfully when I put a new battery in it today I realised that was all it was so really I just missed out on today's temp. Which isn't that much of a big deal but now is the time when every temp shift carries SO much meaning it's killing me to have to wait until tomorrow!

11 DPO now and no spotting yet, which I'm feeling really great about. Trying hard to not test until tomorrow or Friday if there's no AF and I can hold out that long!

#24 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 08:11 AM

Hope everyone had a nice Valentines!

I am now 3 days late, and took another test yesterday- still a BFN.

I'm going to be really upset if my cycle is getting all wacky again!

Please put me in as Waiting to O

Kat- 27: Artist, Yogi, Wife, Animal lover...

#25 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM

Doularebekah...   Hahahaha! Splash! Hee Hee!!!

KatCooke...   My cycle has gone wacky as well. I have never had 15dpo! Ever! AF always arrives on DPO 10, 11, or maybe 12. My LP is 10-11 days long. So something is screwy in uterusland.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

#26 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 AM

CDsMom 1031- How did you change your username? I have been trying to change mine for some more privacy, but I can't figure out how to do it! 

JPack- I am so sorry! I feel your pain. I had to put my dog down last year, and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.... 

AFM- I am very confused here. AF was due on Monday, and the last 3 days I have been testing with dollar store tests. ALL BFN!!! But no sign of AF either. Anyone ever had this? I usually can set my clock by AF, so I am just very confused. 

#27 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 AM

In regards to wacky cycles, last cycle I was all over the place, I finally decided to stop testing (Opk's and HPT's) and when I least expected it AF came. I know it's hard to relax sometimes, but just keep yourself super busy and what will be, will be.

Good Luck love.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#28 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Doularebeka thanks for welcoming me back! I've been off on my own thread and it's honestly kind of lonely! Jaimee has been a huge help with giving me some feedback.

LisaAdkins20 here's hoping you get a BFP - especially since you're late with AF now. I'm in a very similar situation right now.

Just to give you all a bit of info on where I'm at: I'm confused. I'm not quite sure when I O'd this month partly b/c I didn't chart mucus. It looks like I might be 11dpo or 12dpo right now and I was expecting AF this past weekend. I had a blood test at the doc on Friday, which came back negative two days ago. I got a BFN this morning. However, my temps are still up (98.7 this morning even though FF isn't showing it on my chart??), I'm crazy thirsty, exhausted, have mild cramping, mood swings, sore bbs, and having vivid dreams. I haven't been this late for AF in as long as I can remember, yet I keep getting BFNs! Any thoughts?

Oh, here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9f639

Thanks, ladies!  

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#29 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

JPack: I'm so sorry about your loss.  Losing a pet can be much harder than a lot of people let on.  My heart goes out to you. Also, a few days ago, on the old thread you asked about low progesterone and mentioned your numbers were at about 11.  My 3DPO progesterone was 12 in July and now is down to 10.  I've read that if your numbers are 10 or below you are considered progesterone deficient and that numbers around 15-20 are optimal for getting pregnant.  My doc has put me on what I consider a questionable progesterone prescription.  I say that because usually I see people take progesterone starting at 3DPO and continue for 12 days or until pregnant and reassess.  Many people will take around 200mg once a day 3DPO on and the prescription usually increases from that base level depending on the person and situation.  My doc has me taking 100mg everyday of my cycle.  Last month I took it the way I wanted to, 200mg starting as soon as O was confirmed.  Clearly, I didn't get pregnant.  Also, my doc hasn't retested my levels, which bothers me.  This cycle, I'm taking it as prescribed to see if that makes any difference.  I'm also in the process of getting a new doc for my fertility issues and we'll see what happens there.  My progesterone is low because of my being hypothyroid, so you may want to get your thyroid checked to be sure that one isn't causing the other. 

AFM: My husband did his at home 48 hour SA yesterday and his numbers came back AMAZING.  The doctors are stumped.  His 5 day wait numbers were 24million.  His 24-hour numbers were 15 million.  His 48 hour numbers were 29+million.  Perfect is 30 million and a problem is less than 20 million, so he is on both sides of the spectrum somehow. They said there is no way that his numbers should flux so much, and while they are optimistic about the 48 hour results as far as getting pregnant goes, the flux is indicative of a problem.  They referred him back to his doctor to figure out what the problem was.  So, this means that we will be sticking to a strict every other day schedule until we are told otherwise.  This can be tricky since I don't ovulate the same day every month.  I flux anytime between CD13 and CD17.  So by going every other day we may miss O day, but get close enough we should be good. That is as long as I have a hospitable environment that allows his swimmers to survive.  I'm going to have my new doc check out that end of things since my current doc can't.  Also, I am sick with a nasty cold, giving me elevated temps this morning.  I started feeling sick yesterday and feel worse today.  Hopefully it passes soon and I can get on with this cycle without interference.  Not feeling good about our chances of conceiving until I get in to my new doc, so I'm not all amped up hoping this is our cycle because I've come to the realization that this is going to be a long journey for us.  I'm trying to be realistic and not raise my hopes to just have them come crashing down. 

Myllissa (31) + DH (32)  = DS (4), & Expecting Baby #2 Due Febuary 2013!

#30 of 48 Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM

Glad to know I am not the only one with a wacky cycle this month. I originally thought I O'd on CD 15 because every single sign EXCEPT CM (CP, O pains, nausea and irritability) agreed but I didn't have any EWCM (which isn't unheard of but I usually do get some)... However, on CD 23, I got a nice patch of EWCM and some O pains... So I assumed I O'd then. Well, the only thing is... those O pains haven't ended and I am on CD 27! And the weird thing is, they aren't *exactly* like O pains. They're more constant and achier, if that makes sense. I don't know what the heck is going on! I haven't been temping so that's no help. I did take my temp this morning... but I had the stomach flu yesterday so I don't think it's reliable but it was 99.1. Pbbbbbfffffffttttt! If I O'd on CD 15, I would be due to get AF tomorrow and I can say, without a doubt, she's not coming tomorrow. I have had absolutely no signs of her and I ALWAYS do. I would be confident with a CD 23 O (despite that being my latest O EVER, it IS immediately after a loss) if it wasn't for these weird cramps. They aren't particularly painful, just annoying.

jpack: No, you certainly didn't offend me with your pun. I actually giggled out loud when I read it. I thought it was cute. smile.gif I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear pup. :

Shawna: I would say you are probably 11dpo.... what is your normal LP? If you were expecting AF this past weekend, that seems like an awful short LP. Otherwise, everything looks normal to me.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page