BFP @ 13dpo and small amount of red blood in toilet one time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I finally tested with late AM urine (not ideal, I know) today at 13dpo and got a definite bfp with both frer and wondfo.  The lines are not darker than control but still very dark.

So, a half hour later, I went to the bathroom and saw pinkish/red blood on the tp.  Then I looked in the toilet and there was red blood with very tiny clots.  Its been 1.5 hours since then - and I have not had any more blood (in my several trips to the bathroom to check!).

Yesterday, at 12dpo, I had a few very tiny dark brown strings and very, very tiny clumps. 

This is my 5th pregnancy, and as far as I know, I've never had implantation bleeding before.

I am super freaked, given my December m/c :( 

I do feel very pregnant.  I've got a huge list of symptoms - way more than with my m/c pregnancy (although my hcg was very good with that pregnancy).

I normally have a 14 day luteal phase, if that matters.

Just wondering if I'm okay here?  Any thoughts about what is going on?

Thanks so much!

#2 of 3 Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Congrats on your pregnancy!! joy.gif At 13DPO this is the time of expected AF and it is not uncommon to spot at this time.  Even light bleeding is not unheard of.  Many women spot and go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies.  My first mw told me that about 50% of pregnant women spot and only half of those will end up miscarrying.

The darkness of the test line cannot be used as an indication of viability.  However, there was one study that found how quickly the line showed up was correlated to the hCG level.  Unfortunately, since this is the time of expected AF, it's also possible that you're going to have a chemical pregnancy.  Only time will tell.

Do you chart?  If your temps remain high during the spotting then that is a comforting sign, but if you see a drop, that most likely means that AF is on the way and the embryo will be flushed out.  Experiencing pregnancy symptoms can also be a comforting sign as that typically indicates that your hormone levels are high and rising.

You could request beta hCG testing from your care provider to see if your levels are doubling nicely.  Or you could wait it out.  Sending you sticky thoughts!  Good luck and keep us posted!  sticky.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 3 Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Jaimee :)

So both my my tests were clearly positive pretty much immediately - glad that is a good sign for my hcg :)  I do chart, so I'll keep doing that.  And I'll go for hcg testing tomorrow and Monday.  I just want to go back to the days of joyful and peaceful pregnancy :(

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page