Am I'm going nuts.. or could they be preg. symptoms, lol - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good day to all you beautiful TTC'er,

I’m new here and no one in my surrounding is aware that my BF and I are TTC. I decided to depend on the kindness of strangers J. My question may sound stupid, but it’s been 9 years since my last pregnancy and I don’t remember much of it unfortunately (I just remember the horrible complications during birth).. I’m about 8 DPO, I did have light very light spotting (I usually get spotting a few days before AF shows up, but not this early, I’m not due to start until Jan 26 on a 30 DC) and I’m having short stabbing pains… Just like little tiny daggers.. not really painful, just.... can’t really describe it actually.. Yesterday and the day before, I was nauseas here and there… not constant, no vomiting..

Back in 2008 I had a laparoscopy due to endometriosis and we've been trying for over 3 years, I’m now worried that these symptoms have nothing to due with a pregnancy… That’s it just my body acting up (or all in my head).. Has anyone ever had any similar aches and pains.. And I’m out of the race again… I’m just so confused… Any stories, that ended with a BFP or a BFN are welcomed if you want to share nod.gif

#2 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM

I didn't have exactly the same symptoms, but I certainly have had plenty of symptoms, if that's any use. I just got my BFP on Wednesday. My first symptoms, which were around ovulation, were mild nausea and light headedness. Then my stomach started to feel sort of tender, and like there was something in there. I also got this crazy sense of smell and started craving sushi and also chocolate. I then got implantation bleeding, and my nipples have been sore since a few days ago. Oh, and there's also been tirednes and very mild crampy feelings in my stomach.

Good luck, I hope you get a BFP :)

#3 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Welcome to MDC Lisa!!  wave.gif  Around  8dpo is when I started having symptoms with my first pregnancy.  I would suddenly be starving and if I didn't eat immediately it would turn to nausea and nothing sounded good to eat.  I also had sensitive nipples from about that time on. 

However, do you chart your basal body temp and cervical fluid?  If so, can you share your chart?  If not, how are you pinpointing ovulation to know how many dpo you are?  If you typically have a 30 day cycle and AF is due on Feb. 26th, that means you LMP was Jan. 26?  That would put you on CD 20?  If you think you're 8dpo now that means you think you O'd around CD12 and that would make your LP 18 days long.  An 18 day LP is virtually unheard of... so I would doubt that you O'd on CD12 if AF is expected on the 26th.  It would be much more likely for you to O around CD 16-18 if you have an average length LP... even later if you have a short LP.  That means what you're experiencing now could be associated with ovulation and not implantation.  It also might mean you're not timing DTD well.  You mentioned that you typically spot prior to AF.  That is not considered normal and is a sign of low progesterone.  It is possible that your luteal phase is a bit shorter than you think and this could cause issues TTC.  If you don't get a BFP this cycle, charting could help shed some light on what might be happening in your cycle.  If you'd like help getting going with charting, just post!

Good luck!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Ladies for your replies anything helps.

Jaimee, I do chart (BBT) but I missed a few days over the week-end and I use OPK for my ov. AF came Jan 27 so it should be back Feb 26 (30 days urgh.. such a long wait when you want to see if she's coming for a visit or not, lol). According to the OPK I ovulated around the 10th (sorry my mistake earlier..redface.gif.). According to my doctor.. all's good (but what does he know,, he's a man, LOL).. I'm going with the info I have, it may not be 100% accurate.. That's one of the reasons I'm so confused...

#5 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1981 View Post

Thank you Ladies for your replies anything helps.

Jaimee, I do chart (BBT) but I missed a few days over the week-end and I use OPK for my ov. AF came Jan 27 so it should be back Feb 26 (30 days urgh.. such a long wait when you want to see if she's coming for a visit or not, lol). According to the OPK I ovulated around the 10th (sorry my mistake earlier..redface.gif.). According to my doctor.. all's good (but what does he know,, he's a man, LOL).. I'm going with the info I have, it may not be 100% accurate.. That's one of the reasons I'm so confused...

Oh and I forgot to add (oupss..) that the web site I use to keep my chart actually counts ov day as day 1, not day 0... that would change the data...I wanted to put my chart here, but it doesnt seam like I can... crap.gif

#6 of 8 Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 AM

Can you share your chart?  You can log your data on a free site like www.fertilityfriend.com and link it to your post.  Did you miss the temp shift?  When was your OPK+... on the 10th?  When did you have fertile CF?

CD1 Jan. 27

CD13 possible O

CD20 today (possibly 7dpo)

CD30 expected AF

Okay, so if you did O on CD13, then you're only 7dpo today and were only 6dpo yesterday.  I would not expect pregnancy symptoms so early.  Implantation occurs between 6 and 12dpo, but 84% of the time between 8 and 10dpo.  The embryo generally needs a few days to build up enough hCG to test positive and create symptoms.  Of course, there are some women that say they had pregnancy symptoms as soon as they ovulated or a few days after, but I believe this to be "symptoms in hindsight" because many women also report pregnancy symptoms and turn out not to be pregnant after all.

And again, if you did actually O on CD13, I would not think that AF would be expected on CD30.  That's a 17 day LP and extremely long.  The average is 12-14 days.  You mentioned that you do temp.  Have you been temping for a while?  How long is your typical LP?  If you got the OPK+ on CD13, then it is more likely that you O'd on CD 14 or 15.  This would put your LP at a more reasonable 15-16 days, but again, quite long (though not impossible).  Based on averages, though, I would expect AF in more like a week instead of a week and a half UNLESS you did not O when you think you did.  Taking a look at your chart would be helpful!  thumb.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#7 of 8 Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Back in 2008 I had a laparoscopy due to endometriosis and we've been trying for over 3 years, I’m now worried that these symptoms have nothing to due with a pregnancy… That’s it just my body acting up (or all in my head).. Has anyone ever had any similar aches and pains.. And I’m out of the race again… I’m just so confused… Any stories, that ended with a BFP or a BFN are welcomed if you want to share nod.gif

hope you get a BFP soon

dust.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#8 of 8 Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Oh and I forgot to add (oupss..) that the web site I use to keep my chart actually counts ov day as day 1, not day 0... that would change the data...I wanted to put my chart here, but it doesnt seam like I can... crap.gif

That's odd...  As for posting your chart, if you can't drag the image into a post or post a link to it, you could try to save the image (right click, save) and upload it or save a screen shot as an image and upload that.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page