Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 2219 Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, Toothfairy! That's what I thought too, that I would take the B6 starting today. My old RE (who I saw today) is going to count today as only CD2 (although only because I spelled it out for him in the most detailed way), so I will start Femara tomorrow, CD3. What do you think about EPO? I've heard so many different ways of taking it that I'm not very confused about timing.

I say you take Femara this month. I'll tell you what to do if you tell me what to do. ;)

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif
#302 of 2219 Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Hello, Ladies!

I’m gonna start with me!

AFM: I had a severe allergic reaction to the balloon in my uterus. Oh man, it has been bad. On Saturday I noticed the area around my eyes was swelling, but my husband couldn’t tell, I could just feel it. Well, Saturday night I thought the skin around my eyes was a peach color.

Late Saturday night I began the Hunger Games series.

Sunday morning, it seemed a little worse, but I figured it was just something from the surgery. We went for a long ride in the country and went over some bumps. I then started to feel the balloon inside of me. Before I just knew that it was there.

Sunday I also started itching a bit on my belly. My skin became red and I just figured it was because I was itching/scratching. Sunday night my neck started hurting.

Monday I couldn’t turn my head to the right. I could if I did it very slowly, but it was really hard and uncomfortable. I thought it was because I somehow managed to stay up until 5am on Sunday and read 2 of the Hunger Games books. I figured all of that reading had put a crick in my neck. My face was still swollen and the red/peach color had spread down my right cheek. I thought I was detoxing stuff from the surgery or the hydrosalpinx. My whole body broke out in a rash and I was itchy.

Monday night the red started fading on my face, but it was still there. I also felt maybe the swelling was going down. I was also running a mild fever for the past 2 days. Monday night I finished the last book in the series.

Tuesday I still could not turn my neck, and the swelling was for sure going down, but I was still red and hot. Tuesday afternoon I went to have the balloon removed and when the nurse saw me she said, “YOU ARE HAVING AN ALLERIGIC REACTION!” She was so upset. The doctor came in and they agreed that I was having a severe allergic reaction, but we don’t know to what.

The doctor removed the balloon, which was harder than they thought it would be. She couldn’t deflate it and had to just yank it out. Ouch. That hurt. We decided that I may have an allergy to latex. It must be mild though, because I’ve worn a lot of latex gloves and have never had a response like this. Maybe it was just because it was inside me? I’m not sure, but she told me next time someone asked if I had an allergy I should say yes and cite latex.

They told me to buy some benedryl and I did. It makes me really sleepy, but in the last 24 hours I’ve begun to feel so much better. My rash is still here, but it doesn’t itch. I am beginning to be able to move my neck. The swelling under my eyes is much, much less but it still isn’t back to normal.

The doctor and nurse said I should have gone to the emergency room when my symptoms first started presenting themselves. I guess I agree with that, but I just had no idea what was happening. Aside from the neck pain/discomfort, I wasn’t in any real pain. I figured these were side effects of the general, especially since I had such a hard time with it. I swear I still felt loopy on Sunday and I still am not sure I feel 100% like myself. I guess part of that could be the reaction to the balloon though. I continue to be gassy, which is a pain.

I guess I’ve just felt so poorly, for so long, that I have no gauge of when something could be seriously wrong.  I mean, I have been complaining about one thing or another for the past 2 years! My husband and I were talking about how I used to be. As in, I never ever felt bad, sick, sluggish or overly tired. The past two years I seem to have a health complaint everyday. I want to get back to my old self. I have chalked my complaints up to my career taking off and how busy I’ve been with work, but now I’m beginning to think the infection in my tubes could have been slowing me down a bit. I’m not sure. Thoughts?

Anyhow, I hope to mend soon, because I am ready to start my life up again. And my work will demand that I’m ready by June 3rd and my personal life is going to expect me to be operating fully by May 7th – so let’s go body! Make it work!

Also yesterday I was given 2 prescriptions to help my uterus heal. Know anything about them? The first one is called Estradiol and I am to take one a day for 21 days. I guess this is going to be helpful to my uterus. The second is Progesterone – which I know most of us know about. That one is for 10 days and I’m to take it the last 10 days of the 21 days for the medicine above. I’m not sure if I have a progesterone problem, so I don’t know why my doctor would prescribe it.

I’m worried the estrogen one will cause me to have mood swings, which I really feel like I cannot abide currently.

Also, I’ve been thinking about the IVF thing, and I’m not sure t would be the right decision for us. I’ve decided to just let my body untangle itself over the summer. I’m going to begin charting – and taking better care of myself – and still try for a baby beginning in June. If we’re not pregnant by the end of 2012, I’ll begin to consider IVF. I just truly believe we can do this! I see myself with a child, 2 in fact, and in my heart I just feel like we’re on the right track. So I’m gonna sit pretty, be healthy, keep falling in love with husband everyday and just see what happens. I’m gonna try so hard to just T.R.U.S.T. I’m gonna pray, wish on stars, meditate, visualize, pick up pennies and keep the faith. That is my new strategy.

Oops. I’m outta time. I’ll be back later for personals.

xo

#303 of 2219 Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 PM

Charley - You poor thing!  That is really scary.  I think I blame the Hunger Games.  You should have given Katniss a break and gone the the ER.  So glad you are getting better now.

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#304 of 2219 Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Charley- So impressed that you finished the Hunger Games in what, 2 days?! Now you just need to get better enough to sit through the movie (I did, 8 days post surgery!!!). Your allergic reaction is so scary! It sounds like you have gotten pretty stoic dealing with everything for the last few years, now your body can heal and you will start to feel better. I posted in the IF thread, my doctor said it can take 6-9 months to conceive after LAP due to your body detoxing and the inflammation reduction even though the endo has been removed so your plan to sit out the summer and do all those wonderful things sound like the best path. Really in a few more days you should be feeling a lot better especially with the reaction going down. How long do they want you on benedryl? My new doc also explained that endo thrives because your immune system is low so it doesn't attack the cells at an early stage and then once the lesions start expanding it is too much for your body to handle so your immune system just keeps staying low which explains your feeling of crumminess for years, I've felt the same. He recommended fish oil, vitamin D, B6, iodine (from kelp), magnesium and pycnogenol (50mg 2x day) to reduce inflammation and get your body in top immune shape especially with endo. Take it easy on yourself, I'm glad you got 2 weeks away from work!

bebe- thanks for the input! My new doc does 150 of femara just on day 3 to boost your ovaries but still allow your body to take over so I'm considering that. I need to call and have my prescription sent, should've done that weeks ago. I'm not sure with EPO, I have heard 1000 (i think) just around ovulation to boost CM and then not after because of something... my knowledge has dwindled on that one.

AFM: Just picked up DH from the airport, time to snuggle and hopefully get a full night sleep- which I haven't been able to do in 2 weeks :(

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#305 of 2219 Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 PM

HELP!!! I have a question... so Like I said I had my hsg yesterday and it looked like my left tube was blocked... But My right one was very open!! so I had some mild spotting and mild cramping... So today I went to my tcm and I had accupuncture and I am on a weird diet for 24 hours.. I cannot touch metal .. door knobs, keys,no tap water or mineral water.. no root vegitables... The hardest is no touching metal.. so I am wearing gloves from the Surgeon my dh works for lol... any way HELP I am having some cramps (like ovulatory cramping) on my right side does this mean that I may be ovulating? With DH low motility I have to plan this just perfect timing! and I dont want to do it too much and waste the good sperm LOL Should I go get a ovulation test?

Charley: WOW , I feel horrible for whining about my blocked tube after all you have been through! and you still remain positive... you inspire me.

Bebe: I am so looking forward to my first RE visit ... I am on B6 and I love it... it really boosted my ewcm

Toothfairy: I hope your AF holds off for you... is there a possibilty you may get a bfp?

Sherry: I had the half glass full conversation with DH last night... I started crying and he was said baby... Glass half full not empty... And I know we will have our baby.. he told me to stop putting so much pressure on myself. he really knows how to calm me down.. I hope you are getting settled with your DD's

Does anyone think I should bd tonight or should I wait?

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#306 of 2219 Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 PM

Charley: oh honey, honey, honey! I'm so sorry for this experience you've been through. I am sending you lots of hugs and encouragement! I'm amazed at your good attitude despite all of this, and I'm proud of you! You are a very good influence for me!

Toothfairy: I was doing some reading tonight and I think I'm going to take EPO 500mg two times per day from now until O. You are right!

Shell: Run, don't walk, to the drugstore for a CBE digital OPK! Given your DH's count, I would definitely be sure and wait until the +OPK. I'm so glad to hear it regarding the B6! What dose and frequency do you take it?

AFM: I'm feeling excited to start Femara, but still annoyed with old RE over random bits I'll spare you. We are going to be gone for the weekend right when I am supposed to trigger, so not quite sure if this is going to work. I'll take Femara from tomorrow night until Monday night, and then we leave on Thursday until Sunday for the weekend. Old RE wants me to come in on Wednesday of next week for U/S, but obviously that will be soooo early. Waste of time?

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

#307 of 2219 Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

ovuview_chart (3).png

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#308 of 2219 Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

I am finaly home alone again!!! I'm working from home today as the AC repair guys were supposed to come- of course they just called saying they would come this afternoon instead....and that usually means they aren't coming...right now i'm not even annoyed just glad to be home!  Chart above- i'll get to that in AFM...the downside to ovuview is that i can't post a link.  DD#3 had a great visit and flew out yesterday. 

Charley- wow- what a time you had.  I kept getting a negging feeling that something wasn't right with you- haha i was partialy right but mainly i think you were lost in the hunger games!!! wow!  I am like that too- it actually keeps me from book reading because i have a very hard time stopping.  I listen to most books because I just don't have the still time to sit and read.  I am not sure about the hunger games....i just keep delaying getting sucked in..i always seem to skip those mass popular things- like the twilight series  .I've been doing some lighter reads after finishing 11-22-63.  I am not a horror fan, but I can't resist King- he is just such a good story teller. OK- well this isn't book discussion- so on i'll go.  I am SOOOOOO allergic to latex.  I was halfway through nursing school and put a pair on one day and broke out in hives all over.  Now even touching something that has had a rubber band on it can cause a reaction.  Definatley tell all your care providers as it seems to be one of those things that gets worse each time.  I have similar symptoms to you oddly enough- besides the hives- just feeling awful my neck aching my face around my eyes swollen and off color.  I too am so glad your spirits remain in tact.  I hope you are feeling much better today.  the stress of this just does us in.  I wonder about your fimbria (little fingers) after your recovery.  This is not based on any science or experience- but i know that with such a mess in there that things don't function right- shut down.  I have seen ovaries miraculously recover after a clean up like ours.  I wonder if the same could be true for the fimbria- were they just bogged down from the endo/infection, swelling etc.?  My DH is still anti IVF.  I'd have jumped on that 6 months ago myself.  oh well...it is such a meaningful and individual journey.  I also completely understand about wanting the old you back.  I haven't been me since my tubal reversal...always something not feeling right- my old energy level is just gone.  I really just want to know what is going on in there now.  I'm not sure about the estrodiol/progesterone treatment...but i've seen it given to people after surgery(especialy an ovarie removal)- or to reset a cycle- and yeah...another hormone fluctuation right?...i just want off that roller coaster myself.

Bebe- yay! for femera and hsg Monday(right?)  I would go for it with the RE especialy with the femera.  They should still be able to see a lead folllicle or two and be able to guestimate ovulation by the measurement right?  Where are you going?....

toothfairy! glad dh is home to you.  I really think you should somehow make this a profession- you have gathered SO much knowledge.  Fertility Doula Diva- thats you!  I am lost as to your cycle place- are you O-ing and DBing...or waiting for af....?

Indie- whats going on...af?....late O and waiting for a BFP!!!!! haha - the eternal optimism of TTCers in the role of spectator.

gtree- and you? waiting to O? where in your cycle is your RE visit?  Metformin was awful for me.  Now it has made me feel better and i hope cleared up any pcos type problems...my RE put me on the right track after a month of stomach issues- and feeling sick.  She gave me a higher dose but 2 times a day not 3 and told me that when i take it i should have a card/protien balanced meal..or even more protien than carb...she also is a firm believer that eating yogurt mid day will help.  it did! not sure why but once i did that i had a huge turn around- problem...i don't even really like yogurt and i'm getting sick of it. 

pearlina- hi.

lurkers- hi.

Shell...i feel everything you are saying- yeah i needed to cry for my lost half chance...then focus on what i do have going for me.  WE have one working tube.  WE have proven fertility.  WE are not as old as many people out their having perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies!  YES WE CAN!!!!! (to borrow from Obama)  WE CAN ovulate on the right side two months in a row!  WE CAN tell ourselves that even a left O has some chance!! WE CAN do this together you and I...as a nation...ok well, not you and i exactly...but you and DH and I and DH...and the nation thing was all Obama and doesn't apply- but we do still need to have HOPE and ...well i don't know, but try to relax.  I am sure DD's duty also has you with a steady layer of underlying stress.  How did the cheerleading thing go?  It sure is hard to face the risk of their disappointment.  I once said that having children is like putting pieces of your heart out there for the world to bat around----it is so much easier when they are home watching the wiggles and eating pbj's.  Once Kindergarten hits all that security is out the window!

afm...i am afraid my post will vanish...so I'm gonna post then continue...hang on

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#309 of 2219 Old 04-19-2012, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

ok- part 2

so afm....i don't know.  and i HATE that.  I am in increasing discomfort...avoiding moving...really avoiding stairs.  My pelvic area is bloated- and painful- and it feels SO heavy.  Breasts are killing me.  all this- increasing for the last week...oh and morning nasusea like CRAZY!!!!!

10 possible dpo- if i O'd.  (see chart) bfn on an office cheapy- so obviously the week of intense symptoms has nothing whatso ever to do with hsg.  I just want relief- AF come on!!!!!  DH- NOT HELPING!  he is taking the stand that i did this to myself by messing around with my hormoans...i really don't like him this morning.  He is not a big believer in bbt or cm- THIS is why  I encourage people to seek treatment outside a general OB/GYN setting.  ALWAYS!!! so in my hormonal state i want to kill him.  I will give it a few more days and retest- then do something!! if the ppain persists or worsens i may just take myself to the ER and they can page him to come treat me.

i am also anxious about doing this HSG and ripping that bandaid off!!

I ate a roll yesterday.  I feel so baseline draggy that i didn't even notice feeling different.   I may just blow the diet this week.  There is no possibility of going to the gym.  I can barely bounce my uterus up the stairs in the house. 

i know- that our progesterone spikes around 7-8 dpo- i know that the estrogen is just behind it.  I think thats what makes many of us to symptomish- and obsessed feeling about that time- then by 9-10 dpo- it starts to decrease and we feel and think different.  I felt spike like symptoms-(that is my unofficial cd21 progesterone test) and now i am awaiting that decrease.  It all makes me think I O'd at some time from somewhere this month...

thoughts...post....

dust.gif

#310 of 2219 Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Okay, sorry but this post is going to be all about me.  I have been reading and reading and reading and would like your opinion.  I am no longer freaked out about my RE appt in ONE WEEK!  Now, I am excited. My update and questions are: 

Because I did not O, I am 4 days late.  No shocker as that is what PCOS does.  I don't want to take the provera and then get AF and have to reschedule me appt with the RE.  So, when I go into my appt, I will be 11 days late or @ cd 41ish.

SO, If I go in and the do the ultrasound and see mature follicles, do you think I could get them to agree to a trigger shot?  How pushy should I be about requesting a very aggressive approach?  I have 3 cycles of proof that the clomid didn't work.  Do you think most women who go in there are begging for this?  I don't want to come off as being desperate, but I also don't want to have to try more clomid (or conservative approaches) when I could get something to increase my odds.

What do you think?  Is this asking too much?  What is the best approach to skip the pills and go right into the injections?  Trigger me!!!  Hit me up with some triplets.

jumpers.gif

#311 of 2219 Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I just clicked on this thread to see what it was. LOL "hit me up with triplets!" Good luck girls on your ttc-ing adventures! goodvibes.gifx100

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#312 of 2219 Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Gtree....ummmm...step away from the caffinated beverage- haha- glad to see your optimism and confidence!!!! you go!

Good news- i think- about RE vs. Gyn- you may not have to push- ask- they may suggest- it's nice that way.  I hope your appt. goes well and you see a major difference!  GOOOOO TRIPLETS!!!

Yay- and yes i laughed to at that part..

dust.gif

#313 of 2219 Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM

sherry! you crack me up with your 'yes you can' fertility cheer! how are things going? it sounds/looks like you did O... any more poas-ing??

shell - i'm sorry your hsg wasn't perfect... but it does sound like you still have lots of hope! and i know it was total fiction but one of my favorite sex and the city lines was when miranda found out she was pregnant... "He has one ball, and I have a lazy ovary! In what twisted world does that create a baby? It's like the Special Olympics of conception." sperm and eggs do have a way of meeting up in all sorts of conditions...

toothfairy - i hope you are enjoying your time with dh!!

charley - man, what a tough ride for you! i am soooo sorry. i hope you are feeling better every day!

bebelove - here we go again!

gtree - SO excited about your RE appt! i think sherry is right... your are going to have to do a lot less asking with them... they will be all about offering up the solutions. so hopeful for you!

afm: sorry for the short personals... don't have a lot of time... things have been very busy this week and will be busy next week as well... so i started AF almost immediately after i posted tuesday evening. which makes me think i O'd on cd 15 which would then at least give me a good excuse as to why there was no baby this cycle since the bd timing wasn't very good for a cd15 O. this cycle it will be both temping and opks. i'm tired just thinking about it! back to popping femara. i upped it from 2.5mg to 5mg even though i haven't read anything that favors one dosage over another... other than that... all quiet on the southeastern front! have a great weekend everyone!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#314 of 2219 Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hi and happy friday evening!
Yeah indie i campaigned in PA during the primaries- so- yes we can!!!!! And HOPE we can believe in! Etc.

Me well i am ?dp?. Or 11-12 dp possible O.......maybe...bfn still but im over my frer obsession. I like office cheapies that leave you with evap lines and less confidence in the BFN's

I feel like the worst early pregnancy symptoms
i ever had! Awful. Laying on the couch now. My house is a mess, im tired, sore sore melons- and i just blew my trip to the grocery because everytime i'd start to go in the meat section i'd start gagging. If not for such bad odds and ept's id figure i was. Damn out of whack hormones. Man- we are cursed and amazing creatures. AF cant come soon enough!!!

Please!!!

How is everyone? We all just need to get past this blasted waste of a month! Come on May!!!!

Toothfairy- when DH first came to the city i spent aboit 9 months back in PA. it sure was tough. I am not looking forward to doing it again, but i sure do think it has helped us to appreciate each other in the long run. How is your sister? Getting close.

Post..when you get a sec...

dust.gif

#315 of 2219 Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 PM

Happy weekend!  Today I watched a Storage Wars marathon and ate frozen yogurt.  Hope you are all doing well.

#316 of 2219 Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM

I think we might be soul sisters... Thats the same thing i did... While playing draw something... With you... I had ice cream on a brownie though... No skimping on froyo here...

Happy weekend!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#317 of 2219 Old 04-22-2012, 05:14 PM

Sherry: Ahhh, I feel for you and those symptoms! Man you sound pregnant. I really, really thought I was pregnant last month, too. It's really not right that pregnancy symptoms and AF symptoms are basically the same. It's enough to drive a girl completely insane. So, what's the word? Did AF come? Or maybe better yes, a BFP?!?! Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be taking my fourth dose of Femara tonight, and HSG tomorrow (I get nervous every time I think of it). I'll keep you posted on follie development - hoping that he can see something hopeful on Wednesday. If you are out this cycle, when is your HSG? I have a hard time keeping us all straight - we have so much going on!

Gtree: That's a very good question re: the RE appt and waiting to see if you can trigger. I suppose if you had some good sized follies they might try, or they may want to wait since egg quality may not be as good as triggering on time. But hey, no harm in asking (or trying!!). I'm excited for your appt and can't wait to hear how it goes. HA! Triplets. I hear you, girl.

Indie: Here we go! Your post made me evaluate my chart a little more closely, and I swear my jaw dropped that we probably didn't BD at the right time based on when I had actual CD1 (full flow and not counting all that stupid spotting). Dammit! So I guess like you, I have an excuse. But seriously, all that BDing and we didn't at the right time? I could scream. Well . . . Femara, do your thing! :)

AFM: HSG tomorrow -- feeling nervous but glad to get it over with. I'm working a half day and then my appt is at 2pm. Wish me luck!

#318 of 2219 Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 AM

Ugh! I am painfully behind Ladies. Sorry!

BeBe: Good luck today! I hope your HSG is as painless as mine was – in fact, I wasn’t even overly uncomfortable. I hope it goes really well and that you see two beautiful tubes. Fill us in when you can and I'm glad you get to leave work early. shamrocksmile.gif

I want to hear all about your experience with Femara. I am still deciding what to ask for.

Gtree: I may blame the Hunger Games too – I was a reading machine. I’m not sure I would have gone to the ER anyhow – our insurance is so sucky that it would have cost 500 bucks just to sign in. However, I think in the future I’ll ask for advice. My tolerance for pain and discomfort is pretty high. I think that I have real trouble deciding when something needs more immediate attention. Like right, now, I know something is not right, but I’m waiting until my Wednesday appointment.

I think you should be direct and upfront with the your new RE. Tell him that you want to try the trigger and just tell him to do it. Explain where you are in this process and why you’re switching to him – to get better care, to have someone that listens to you and to take a more proactive and aggressive approach. That’s wjat I did with my RE. When I felt she wasn’t up to speed when I arrived for my second appointment, I was direct and honest and it has made a world of difference. These people are working for us! We are the employers! While we can’t make them do anything, I think expressing what we hope to have out of a relationship is important. If he doesn’t respond well to the idea of the kind of care you expect to get, then he is not the right RE for you. EMPOWER yourself! Take charge of your future! Speak up! You already know so much and this is YOUR LIFE! He works for YOU!

That being said internal ultrasounds are nothing! It shouldn’t be uncomfortable at all and it is so cool to see what’s going on in there.

Toothfairy: Has AF arrived? I did go to the HG movie yesterday. I was able to sit through it, but I threw up in the Target bathroom right after. Gross right? I didn’t think the movie was as good as the book, in fact, I was a little disappointed with it.

Thank you so much for all of your information. Do you know that this awful week after my surgery, when I question something that is going on with my body, I often think of you first? I think Sherry is right – you could be a new kind of Doula. You could help people design their supplement regimen, and answer so many questions for them! I had no idea about the 6 to 9 months thing, but I’m glad I do now. I am so interested in my body detoxing – which I think it’s doing – and the inflammation thing! I’m all about that. When my incisions heal I’m going to begin castor oil packs. Have you thought of doing that? Supposedly very good for endo and other inflammation causes.

I took the benedryl off and one for 3 days and then another 50mg dose day about 2 days later. I must admit that I like how it makes me sleepy.

Can you believe that we would be able to feel crummy for so long? I really want my old self back. And not just because of TTC. If this is the cause of how I’ve been feeling for the past few years, I am so thankful to be rid of it.

I think I’d like to PM you for your supplement brand names and rec’s. I want to build up a little supply before we move. I’m ready to begin my country life with my gardening, yoga, sleeping in and a brand new routine for supplements. My VitaMix, dehydrator, juicer and CSA membership are all a part of my healing plan.

I hope things are going really well for your sister. I have her on my prayer list and I think of your family everyday.

Shell: I hope by now you’ve gotten some official results from your HSG. It sounds to me like you are reading into what you saw on the monitor. If your doctor said he saw something coming out of the left tube, why not believe him? Your tube may not be blocked, perhaps it was just clogged up a bit and the dye flushed it out. I don’t think any of us should borrow trouble if we don’t have too. I hope you get an all clear from your doctor soon, so you can stop worrying.

What are you doing about your husband’s motility? Have you considered supplements? Also, your age! 39 is not OLD! Ha ha, I say that because I’ll turn 39 in August and um, I don’t feel old. Maybe it’s because I don’t have any children yet, but I still feel so young. Does that make sense? When is your birthday? I think you have plenty of time and seeing an RE will be good. It’s a whole different world than PCP and OBGYN’s. Anyhow, I’ll keep the faith for you. You’re not too old and your issues are not insurmountable.

How did it go with your daughter and cheerleading? And I’ll pray for your daughter during her deployment.

Lastly, I know that sperm shouldn’t hang around for too long inside a man. I think you could look it up, because I am not expert, but saving it up for too long can be just as bad for the sperm. We were told that an every other day “release” was ideal for our MF issues. That would be a good question for an RE.

Sherry, Sherry, Sherry: I did have a time and I’m still having one! When will I get better?!? Are you having an allergic reaction to something? Why are you having similar symptoms? I hope you’re feeling better now, since you wrote about that 4 days ago.

I hope you’re right about my fimbria. I want them to be perfect. With only one tube now, I need everything else to be in tiptop shape. I plan on asking my RE all about them on my appointment on Wednesday. Everything I know about my surgery, I know from my husband’s report, while I was still out after surgery. And he neglected to tell me everything – for example, he knew about the balloon, but forgot to tell me. So on Saturday, when I went to the bathroom and wiped, I felt this plastic THING coming out of me and freaked out. I thought they left something in me! I can rushing out of the bathroom, which was comedy in itself since I could barley walk, and told him “SOMETHING IS COMING OUT OF ME!” and he was like, “Oh yeah, they put a balloon in your uterus and you need to have it removed on Tuesday. No big deal.” After I was done being mad, we laughed a lot. How many times in ones life will they go to the bathroom and find something unexpected like that? Hopefully, not often.

I’m not having any reactions to the estrodoil that I know of. I guess it is meant to help rebuild the lining of my uterus and left tube. It has some pretty scary side effects though, but even if someone is on it for a long time, they only need to be monitored for side effects every 3 to 6 months. I’m just taking my 21 day dose and not thinking about it too much.

What is going on with you? It sounds like your pregnant – but then again, if I didn’t know that I had been scrapped, snipped and rearranged, I would think I was pregnant. More on that in the AFM. I hope you begin to feel better soon. Avoiding stairs and not being able to go to the gym is awful. Should you go to the doctor? It sounds like you are so uncomfortable.

Indie: Thanks for sending some hope in my direction. Timing the sex is so hard. Have you read up on the sperm meets egg plan? I think that is a sort of good guideline to follow in general, vs just guessing what day you may be on. Did you catch that info from Toothfairy on her doctor saying most endo patients have the most luck between 6 to 9 months after lap? I found that to be somewhat comforting.

What stage was your endo again? How long after your lap did you begin to feel “normal” again?

I’ll post a separate AFM later. Not all of my news is good, and I know this post is so dang long already.

xoxox

#319 of 2219 Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 AM

AFM: While I am getting better in some ways, I still feel like total crap.

The skin on my face is peeling and flaking off. It’s like a have a little goatee of flaky skin. And the skin on my face feels so tight. I had to go and get some new face cream – one that doesn’t have any alphahydroxy in it, because my regular lotion hurts!

Also, I am just so sluggish. I slept for like 36 hours straight last week on Thursday. Even though the balloon is out, I am still feeling minor things that I’m unsure of and I am exhausted almost all of the time. I could sleep all day, if it didn’t make me feel so guilty.

I see my RE on Wednesday for my post-op and I’m going to ask loads of questions.

I had the balloon out on Tuesday and by Thursday I had stopped spotting. I’ve had lots and lots of CM since then and I’m not sure it’s normal. Also, I am not beginning to feel lots of sensations in my belly. I’m not sure if my allergic reaction was so intense that I just couldn’t feel anything from the surgery before and now I can? Any thoughts on that?

I have twinges, sharp pains and throbbing. Sometimes on the right, but mostly on the left. Could the pains of the right be phantom right tube pains? Maybe I’m feeling my right ovary doing it’s job? Maybe I couldn’t feel all of these things before because of the endo?

ARUGH! This is all so frustrating.

So anyway:

Tuesday the balloon came out. Did not really eat. No appetite.

Wednesday: Felt sluggish and just figured it was the allergic reaction leaving my body.

Thursday: Slept for 36 hours. When I woke up, I could freely move my neck with no pain! In both directions! Yay! Not hungry. No food.

Friday: Still feeling very poorly. Tired, achy, dragging and did I mention tired? Got hungry for the very first time since surgery. Went out to dinner with my husband and walked all over our downtown. Had some bubble tea from the new bubble tea place. Didn’t like it. By the time I went to bed, I felt great. Thought this was all finally getting behind me. Such a difference from when I woke up.

Saturday: Feeling better during the day. Began throwing up at night. Vomiting lasted a long time. Soon, I only was throwing up bile – so naturally my throat began hurting. Was this because of the bubble tea? WARNING: Possible TMI coming up: On Saturday morning, my husband put some serious moves on me when we woke up. As soon as I got turned on, I began seizing up and cramping! It was borderline comical. It seemed like my lady parts went into overdrive and it was painful. We stopped, but man, things haven't calmed down since.

Sunday: So tired. Still throwing up during the day. Went to the movies. Throat still hurts. Not hungry. Forced myself to eat some cottage cheese and ginger ale. I was able to keep it down. Had energy by the end of the night.

Monday: So tired. Maybe it’s the weather? It’s cold and dark and rainy here. Not hungry. No vomiting though, which is good. I’m not eating either though. Sore throat. Lots of sensations in my abdomen, related to surgery. problems in the poo parlor division - I have diarrhea.

Lady Doctors of the internets, I am interested in your diagnosis. I am not got to go to the doctor early. I am not taking any pain meds, because I want to feel everything. Could I just be finally recovering from the surgery, 10 days later? Did the allergic reaction slow me down? Did my husband's sexy mojo set me back in my recovery? Am I ever going to feel OK again? Am I normal?

Thanks everyone. I hope you all have wonderful days and all have excellent news to report soon.

#320 of 2219 Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM

Charley, I've been thinking of you and I'm so sorry to hear what a difficult time you've had through this whole process. My only comfort to you is that I believe in the end you will be rewarded with a beautiful baby! Hang in there, and ask your RE all those questions! I think you'll feel a lot more positive about things after that appt. Hang in there, girl!

So I had my HSG today, and other than mild cramping, it wasn't bad at all! Both tubes are completely open, so I'm relieved. Now if only I could just get it together and BD on the right days!! Anyway, just wanted to share the news, and hope y'all are doing well. Everyone is a bit quiet lately . . . myself included. We need to reinvigorate the wind in our sails.

#321 of 2219 Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 PM

BeBe: Wonderful news about your tubes! Yay! Yay! Yay! Now if you can find out about possible endo, you'll be all set - of course that is if you don't get a BFP next month - which I hope you will. joy.gif

I didn't mean to imply that overall, I am not feeling positive. True, I am very tired of feeling unwell and yes, I want this part of my personal path to be over as soon as possible. But overall, I am very glad that I have the opportunity to take care of this now, at this stage in the game. I am very grateful to have a wonderful doctor and I'm glad to be on the mend. I just wish I was mending faster/easier or didn't even need to mend at all. Know what I mean? But since I do have to get well, I would love for it to be an easier process.

I am very much looking forward to our move and our big lifestyle changes. I am excited and hopeful to get the energy I need to begin packing and sorting and to keep up with my new life. While I wouldn't have chosen this for myself, I am thankful that I have so many resources, such a supportive and kind spouse and such strong foundations in my career, my family, my marriage and even my own self worth.

I'm 100% ready for blue skies, green grass and green trees, flower gardens, farmers markets, covered porches and long walks with my dogs. I am so ready for fresh food, open windows, night breezes, new neighbors and new towns and places to explore. I'm ready to DTD for both pleasure and for baby making. I want that 2WW and all that comes with it. I'm even going to temp and chart!

Now if I could just stop puking and seizing up in pain, I'd be all set! Ha ha. I am so ready for that beautiful baby!

#322 of 2219 Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 PM

Charley, you are amazing! I'm so excited for your new adventure. I miss New England in many ways, and I think your new life is going to be such a wonderful change of scenery and pace! You are really an inspiration! I loved your comment about night breezes. :)

You know, I really don't think I have endo. I think the spotting is more likely PCOS and low progesterone secondary to Clomid. But I guess I'll find out more this cycle, since I finish my last dose of Femara tonight!

#323 of 2219 Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Bebe-i'm so glad you were all open & the hsg was pain free!

Charley- i have so much to add but it is too hard from my Ipad. I honestly don't know what your setbacks are... The estradiol could be causing the seizing/cramping and I'd put money on it causing the excess CM since estrogen causes CM production. The vomiting worries me just because if you aren't on any painkillers I don't know the cause... Could also be the estradiol I suppose. I hope you're finding things to eat and keep down. Hormones can cause all those things so I'd search reactions to estradiol and see what you find. You will feel better, I promise. You had a much more in depth surgery than me so it is hard to compare. When did you start the estrodiol in comparison to these new symptoms? I'm glad your appt is soon, you need some answers!
Thank you so much for keepng us in your prayers, I appreciate it more than I can explain. Good news today for my nephew at her specialist u/s, tomorrow they pick a tentative evacuation date at her OB.
I'd love to be a doula but it wouldn't work at all with my current job. Sad face.

Quick AFM- AF is on her way out. I took the Femara... Nothing else here. The cramps with my first AF were different than before, more an overall annoying just to the point of intolerable , i took tylenol twice in 3 days...but not doubling over tear your eyes out back is breaking legs are numb cramps like before.

#324 of 2219 Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Good Afternoon!!! Sorry It has been a while since I have been on... I was stalking though (giggle) I haad to get over my down mood and sure didnt want to bring anyone down with me!!

bebe: I am taking 500 mg of B-6 along with my prenatal pill .. YAAY FOR OPEN TUBES!!! So very happy for you!!!! baby dust all over you!! goodvibes.gif

Indie: Sorry about AF ( I just hate her sometimes) but Here is to a fresh Start!!! blowkiss.gif

Sherry: I soooo Feel like you are the one to get a BFP this month!! goodvibes.gif

Gtree: When I get to go to my RE I am going to beg for anything under the moon to get me preggers!! lolhappytears.gif

Charley: My Husband is taking a multi vitamin for men, acetyl L-carnitine 400 mg , Linsinopril for blood pressure and simvastatin for cholesterol... the last 2 i googled and they actual help improve motility !! My birthday is September 24th and I will be the Big 40 ... UGH even though I tell everyone I am 38 LOL My granny passed away at 76 and we all thought she was 75 because she lied all those years hahaha I guess that year makes a difference some how! ... I have been thinking about you and I pray that your feeling better flowersforyou.gif

Toothfairy: So Glad your cramps were not bad this month !! What does Femara do? is it better than Clomid? I am just curious as to what to ask my RE for.

AFM: So My Daughter did not make the cheer squad greensad.gif That was a horrible day and the day before her birthday too !! My heart literally breaks for her... so we are joining a Gym and she will do Tumbling and get practise and blow everyone away next year!! I have not found out the solid results on my HSG yet... My Doctor appointment is the 30th so I have another week till I find out the results and what we are going to do about them! She is also going to give me a referral to a RE that she likes. I am on CD 16 and just ovulated yesterday... I got a positive OPK and today my temp went up.. and I felt a lot of ovulation pains on my right side joy.gif So HOPEFULLY we got it!! lol DH came home late from work so I waited all day and attacked him when he got home, afterwards I layed on my bed with 3 pillows under me to elevate my cervix for a hour before using the resstroom. we used a little pre-seed to help the swimmers along as well. That is a late ovulation for me though ... Because My cycle on last 25 days ... Do you think that the HSG test had anything to do with that? I really hope that this is my month!! I say this every month LOL but since the hsg and I felt strong cramping on my right side... this is a good sign!. Now i guess I am in the horrible 2 ww ... On Other news I might start working at MY Dh office part time.. that will be great! extra money and spend more time with him...Well I have a friend coming over to model one of my dresses for my beach collection ... Bye for now!

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#325 of 2219 Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM

I'll come back for personnals tomorrow, just wanted to pop in.

Anyone else in the DC area? I am thinking about doing the Walk for Hope for Infertility Awareness. There is also one in Atlanta, GA this weekend. The DC one in June 9th which happens to be when I am in MD with my mom. I feel like it is meant to be.

#326 of 2219 Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
Quick note- havent been feeling well. AF came sunday- early, thank God. Im having a CT scan today and an hsg Monday
. Be back soon for more...

dust.gif

#327 of 2219 Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM

I'm Sorry Sherry greensad.gif I really thought you were!!  Good Luch on the ct scan and hsg !!! clean open tube wishes to you!

I went to my tcm today ... had my accupuncture.. and I got put on a no salt diet for 25 hours! IT IS SO HARD! for 1 I am addicted to salt... and everything has salt in it.. UGH did you know that even lettuce has salt in it?? So I am restricted to fruit , plain rice, and plain natural cooked meat. no seasonings , no butter , no cheese .. very bland foods ugh... thank goodness I love fruit lol I will definitley be going to bed early tonight and sleeping late tomorrow.. I will just sleep away this diet hahaha... I hope everyone is well.... sure has been awful quiet latley

#328 of 2219 Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 PM

Hey, everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in really quick to give an update (I should be packing!). I saw my old RE today, who did an U/S on CD9 (Femara CD3-7) and I have four promising follicles! So that's the good news. The bad news is that he wants to do a trigger, but I'm going to be out of town. So . . . unless ovulation holds off until when I'll see him again on Monday, I'm going to have to hope things happen naturally! I was getting +OPKs before with Clomid, so I can't rely on a +OPK to mean that I had a good ovulation. If I do get a positive over the weekend, I'm going to ask him for a CD21 progesterone check.  Anyways, that's the news! I'm also feeling quite under the weather, so temps have been weird and now we're off to DH's reunion this weekend. I'm going to be one tired girl when we get home on Sunday!

Toothfairy: How'd you do on Femara? I had some nausea the last couple of days . . . I'm not sure if it's related. How about you? When will you have an U/S?

Shell: So I just read in one of my fertility books last night about taking 500mg of B6 like you are, but most people only take 50-100mg. Hmm -- why is that I wonder? I'm only taking 50mg, so perhaps I need a much bigger dose? Good luck with no salt - I agree, so hard!  . . . and who knew about the lettuce?! I really want to go back for some TCM! SO excited for your TWW!!! It all sounds so promising!

Sherry: Will be thinking of you! Hope the HSG goes well. I'm looking forward to your update!

Indie: Hey cycle buddy - where are you?

#329 of 2219 Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM

Tomorrow is my day.  I am nervous and excited.  9:30am - 11:30am.  thumbsup.gif

#330 of 2219 Old 04-26-2012, 08:32 AM

ohmygoodness i feel sooo out of the loop! the past two weeks have been so busy (why can't life be that busy during the 2ww??) and i am feeling very neglectful when it comes to this thread!

bebelove: cycle buddy!! yay for open tubes!!! and for good looking follies!! i'm assuming your dh will be going out of town with you, so trigger or no trigger... you should be good to go!!

gtree: post post post!! sending you lots of good RE vibes!! :)

sherry: good luck with the hsg and what is this ct scan about?? i'm feeling so lost. i need to spend some time reading back through the posts to see what i've missed!

toothfairy: if i was in the dc area i would totally do that walk with you! let us know how it goes!

shell: i'm so excited for you!! hope you and dh caught that egg!

charley: i loooooved your last post! you have so much to look forward to with this move! nothing like a nice, fresh change of scenery!

did i get everyone? pearlina, msd... hope all is well!

afm: cd 10 today. started with the digital opks this morning. going to poas twice a day until i get that smiley face. i've been bad about temping so far.... my schedule has been really screwed up but i am determined to get down to business starting tomorrow a.m. i really have no idea when to expect to ovulate. i've traditionally been between cd11 and cd13 non medicated but seems like i'm cd13 - cd 15 medicated. upped my femara dosage this cycle so i don't know if/how it will make a difference when it comes to O day. i always get nervous before O. bah.

if we could be so blessed as to catch the egg this month... then we would have an anniversary baby. man... that would be the coolest.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page