Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

shell? shell? update, please!

sherry - i'm still going to write to you. i can't accept that you aren't here with us :( hope you are doing well

bebelove- i read that when we O naturally (without trigger) the follicles can go up to 30mm so i'm thinking your body just wanted to send out a nice mature one so you get that bfp! yes, the reason why the positive opk only on the day of O troubled me is that it's not much warning... even my digital opks say something like "once you get the first positive opk you can have sex anytime in the next 48 hours to increase your chances"... SO not the case for me, apparently!

toothfairy, charley, pearlina, msd, gtree... hope to hear from you all soon

afm: 4dpo. nothing out of the ordinary to report. just been feeling extra emotional since O this time. i just have this heavy, sad feeling. trying hard to shake it. i'm wondering if my giant temp shift this cycle means i am producing more progesterone which is making me moody? always theorizing!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

indie- higher progesterone sounds good! The good part of the 2ww will be here before you know it. I'll be cheering for you.

sherry- I'm sorry the hsg was so uncomfortable and for the results- is there anything at all they can do to re-open the tube? I also hope with indie that you will keep in touch and that your husband will re-consider IVF. My thoughts are always with you.

shelly- waiting waiting waiting for news from you, I hope you are checking in with a BFP shortly!

bebe- I'm glad the trigger went so well. Some REs use hcg triggers to stregthen the luteal phase, so it can't hurt even if you did O, what it does before O is matures the egg more for ovulation but if you were oing on your own it was mature already, and judging by the size, you were mature- trigger or not!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#363 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 11:23 AM

charley- I'm so sorry you had that little relapse- please now be on the upswing. You have really had a rough go after your LAP. I hope you are getting everything done around the house and thankful your DH is so understanding.

AFM- for those who asked about my sister, thank you. She went in last week and got the A-Ok again that things still look good. Then she saw her OB who it seemed to me 'forgot' why they recommended inducing her (2 weeks before?!) and said that it was okay if she wanted to wait to her due date but they would not let her pass 40 weeks. Her OB sounds like a piece of stupid if ya know what I mean. She made a big deal about the risks and recomemnded induction at 38 weeks, told her to come prepared to discuss dates at the next appt- then at the next appt when my sister asked about L&D and dates and whatever she was like oh it is a little early for that.. completely forgot why they were inducing her... stupid

No O yet. no more ewcm either. hmmph?

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#364 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Shell, any news?! I'm on the edge of my seat!

Indie: Thanks for the info about the follicle size! That's interesting about your OPKs - my problem was exactly the opposite, but equally frustrating! Why can't these things just work as they are supposed to? I guess that's the thing, OPKs are not an exact science! I'm sorry you've been feeling so emotional - I do completely understand. I think this whole TWW thing is for the birds! That alone causes me to be highly emotional, but perhaps you had an amazing O and that's why! Fingers crossed :)

Toothfairy: That's so weird about your sister's OBGYN. How annoying. So you haven't had a temp shift yet? Hmm . . . maybe your follicles are just getting nice and huge for a strong O!

AFM: I'm 2DPO, I think. I had a temp rise this morning, so I'm expecting crosshairs tomorrow. No EWCM. Hoping, wishing and praying. DH and I have the appt this afternoon with new RE, just in case. Very interested to know what he'll say about everything thus far, especially with his reputation of being one of the best in the area! I'll be back later with a report!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#365 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Sorry Friends I got a BFN greensad.gif I know its still early 9dpo  ... But I still started crying this morning... matter of fact i cried when I talked about crying to my tcm ... UGH I feel so silly for being so emotional!! So today I moved up in my accupuncture treatment we are now on to the Hormone phase... I failed the very first one.. Estrogen ( I apparently dont have enough) Or didnt I might say... She said that is why my skin is breaking out ... after the treatment i swaer my face looks better a little bump that was coming up before I went suddenly is gone!! I really believe in accupuncture.... anyway she told me not to stress out that if I am not pregnant now that I will be soon smile.gif and to stop wanting to rush things. I am still real emotional and my breast are still really sore and still leaking when I squeeze lol (I feel silly telling everyone that I am a nipple squeezer) I'm not cramping at all ,,, maybe a dull ache every now and then if I try hard to focus on the bad... My temp went from 98.19 to 98.04 so that also bummed me out!! but it is still higher than 98 ... I guess I am trying to look on the bright side.. OH I tested with a dollar tree test , I know not the best quality but I didnt want to waste to much money on only 9 dpo ... I will test again Friday morning if AF has not showed up... I just keep thinking I am going to be 40 in 5 more months :-/ and I want to be full and fat and pregnant on my Birthday!! ... On a much different topic .. I went to lunch with DH and he bought me a new vaccum cleaner  lol I have been wanting one , so after we ate he took me to the store and bought me one thumb.gif ... I hope my depression turns into Joy come friday ... I'm still praying praying.gif

Indie: you are only 5 day's behind me in your O ... My LP is usually only 10 days long and My cycle only 25... Maybe we will both BFP this month :-)

Toothfairy : what cycle day are you on? are you taking B6 for extra ewcm? it seemed to work well for me.

Bebe: I am so interested to hear what your RE say's .... I didnt think you were supposed to have ewcm after ovulation? Good luck and cant wait to read your report..

Sherry : I am still thinking about you friend!! I pray that you are doing ok :-(

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#366 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM

I need all of your opinions... My RE is very much pro IVF (maybe they all are?) and of course the chances for a BFP through IVF are staggering.  Money aside, do you think I should continue down the path of triggers and IUIs or go straight for the IVF?  Is that insane?  

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#367 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtree View Post

I need all of your opinions... My RE is very much pro IVF (maybe they all are?) and of course the chances for a BFP through IVF are staggering.  Money aside, do you think I should continue down the path of triggers and IUIs or go straight for the IVF?  Is that insane?  

Do you have unexplained infertility? I mean what was the reason your RE wants to do IVF ( other than he gets paid a lot) ... age is another thing to consider.. I am sure you are younger than me.. I am 39 if I had that kind of money I would do IVF asap .. Just to hurry up and make sure I am PG before I turn 40.... Unfortunatley I do not! So I will probably do iui if I am not already Pregnant :-)

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#368 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 PM

gtree- mine was also very pro-IVF and at the time I was 25 years old. Maybe he was right as I ended up with an Endo diagnosis which would have been bypassed with IVF. We just aren't interested in that route so I switched to a NaPro doctor. I would have a lot of questions why he thinks this. I guess it is a choice of whether you want your baby right now or if it is possible to conceive with just a little more time, if there is anything that can be 'fixed'. As you all already know, I'm very skeptical of the medical system (even more so because I work within it so I know how 'fake' things can be). It isn't that I don't support IVF, I do (just not for myself due to religious beliefs), but I support more actually knowing what is going on with my body to make it not function properly (ie, get pregnant and/or carry to term). I know a lot of people don't care as long as they get their baby, which is fine. I would say if you don't have any hesitations about IVF and you have the money to do it then your chances are certainly much higher.

Shelly- Hopefully in a few more days your test will be a bright BFP.

AFM- I have a few extra minutes now. DH will be home around 1am tomorrow night (so technically Friday morning). If I have EWCM by then, I will pounce on him even though he is exhausted and I'm asleep, if not I will jump on him 12 hours later when I get out of work! I have my dinner & drinks with my infertile friends on Friday night so I am looking forward to that.

#369 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Hey, girls!

Shell: Ahhh, so sorry, but it's still early! You absolutely can't give up yet, especially with all your good symptoms! I love TCM, too. Oh and no, you do not want EWCM after ovulation.

Gtree: How old are you? I only ask because that would really direct my decision-making.

Toothfairy: Good luck! Happy pouncing. :)

AFM: So I had the appt with new RE today, and he is GREAT! I'm very hopeful. All of my concerns that I had with old RE, well he addressed every one of them and agreed with me about everything. He is rather surprised that my concerns over spotting and low progesterone was not addressed. He wrote me a script for progesterone and until we have more labs results confirming anything, he wants me to take it at the hint of spotting.  He is also going to do a progesterone test at day 21 to make sure I had a good ovulation. These are all the things I begged from old RE and poof! One visit and it's done. He also wants to put me on Metformin, even though I haven't exactly been diagnosed with PCOS, nor am I overweight. So I'm a little hesitant on that one, mostly because I know all the GI upset my patients have when I start them on it, but besides that, he says there is no downside to it. So I think I'll give it a go, especially since he says that women with PCOS have lower rates of miscarriage while on Metformin.  Also, he is redoing some of my labs if I don't get pregnant this cycle. He does want to do an IUI next month if I don't get pregnant. I'm just hoping that miraculously, I am!

#370 of 2219 Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 PM

Quick question for Clomid users!  I realize that I have Google at my fingertips but I would like personal accounts regarding your being prescribed the medication.  What is it you told your physician about your fertility issues and what tests were done (+results) that led to your doctor determining it's the best route for you?  How long had you been actively trying?  I'm just curious as we've been trying for a little over a year now and I suspect I'm not ovulating, the OPKs aren't showing ovulation each cycle and I'm not getting much CM.  The temp rise is there but that's it. :(

Jenny & Marty married as of 6/9/2007
: First cycle TTC#1 7/09
#371 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 AM

gtree: i don't think it's insane at all. i really chalk it up to money and how much time you have/how many children you want. i AM leery of REs pushing it on patients, though. my RE was quite blunt with me about wanting to see me get pregnant this year and then not having the luxury of extended breastfeeding due to needing to get pregnant again quickly if i want more than one child, simply because of the age factor. but he has yet to recommend IVF. I appreciate that quite a bit because from a business standpoint, i'm sure IVF is quite lucrative for him but he seems to prefer to wait until patients are truly out of options and are up against a deadline. also, i think it would be fair to give yourself a chance to do it naturally or via IUI once you are ovulating consistently... since that seems to be your problem. it could very well be that once they get you ovulating you will get pregnant quickly, you just don't know that yet, you know? but again, if you are wanting several children and age is creeping up on you - and you have the money - why not go for it? unless, of course, you have religious convictions that prevent you from doing so.

toothfairy: get it, gurl! really hoping timing works out for you this cycle! and dinner and drinks with real life IF friends sounds fantastic. i would love nothing more than to sit down with you guys in person! i am SURROUNDED by fertility here. it's so lonely.

bebelove: sooo glad you had a good visit with your RE!! can't believe your old RE was so resistant to doing normal tests/paying attention to progesterone issues! but very glad you are getting everything taken care of quickly with this guy. i often wonder about going on metformin even though i don't have ANY indication of poly cystic ovaries. i wish i knew of a doctor personally in state who could prescribe it to me so i could try it out. cross hairs yet?

jjm: welcome! i'm sorry you are struggling to conceive. you are in good company! as far as what led my ob/gyn to prescribe clomid... not much other than i had been close to a year without getting pregnant after having had a miscarriage. i do ovulate on my own (mostly) but had several anovulatory cycles and i think clomid/femara is the first go-to before being referred out to an RE. honestly, the ob/gyn didn't do much to test me on anything. they monitored my first cycle on clomid by doing an ultrasound to see if i was developing follicles and check my cm (not terribly good on clomid) but didn't do any blood tests to check if i ovulated or not. but i knew from charting/opks that i had. i had suspected all along that i had endometriosis due to pelvic pain and spotting and once i started going to an RE he diagnosed that quite quickly and i had a lap and hysteroscopy (also found out i had a polyp in my uterus which was removed). I'm now in my second cycle post surgery and hoping for a baby soon...

questions for you:

you said you do have a temp shift on your charts - does that mean you consistently have a biphasic chart?

do you use fertility friend or any other software/website?

temping seems to be the most reliable confirmation of ovulation (other than blood tests) so i would trust your charts over your opks and cm. cm is very important, though, so if you are not producing good quality cm then that is something to talk to your doctor about. the problem is that it typically gets worse, not better, with clomid. i would ask your doctor about ways to increase the quality of cm. femara doesn't have the same cm drying up effects of clomid so that might be a better route for you.

how long are your cycles?

any reason to suspect pcos or endometriosis?

i will let the others weigh in but i think we can all agree that ob/gyns are not the best place for dealing with infertility (i hate that word because it sounds so permanent, but basically just meaning not getting pregnant in the amount of time generally expected) and even REs can have different biases based on what they will test for/look for. you really do have to be an advocate for yourself. feel free to ask more questions here! someone is bound to have the answer... :)

afm: 5dpo. nothing interesting going on. nothing. at. all.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#372 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie1976 View Post

questions for you:

you said you do have a temp shift on your charts - does that mean you consistently have a biphasic chart?

do you use fertility friend or any other software/website?

temping seems to be the most reliable confirmation of ovulation (other than blood tests) so i would trust your charts over your opks and cm. cm is very important, though, so if you are not producing good quality cm then that is something to talk to your doctor about. the problem is that it typically gets worse, not better, with clomid. i would ask your doctor about ways to increase the quality of cm. femara doesn't have the same cm drying up effects of clomid so that might be a better route for you.

how long are your cycles?

any reason to suspect pcos or endometriosis?

i will let the others weigh in but i think we can all agree that ob/gyns are not the best place for dealing with infertility (i hate that word because it sounds so permanent, but basically just meaning not getting pregnant in the amount of time generally expected) and even REs can have different biases based on what they will test for/look for. you really do have to be an advocate for yourself. feel free to ask more questions here! someone is bound to have the answer... :)

afm: 5dpo. nothing interesting going on. nothing. at. all.

Biphasic and since we were without internet for about a year or so I did it by hand.  Last month I started putting it on Fertility Friend again which is so much nicer, I can't even describe how much nicer.  Yeah, I don't produce much CM at all and I drink almost 12 cups of water a day.  I've been considering trying evening primrose oil and drinking grapefruit juice as I've heard that can help-aside from having a healthy diet, drinking water and exercising.  

chart1.gif

Not much to see, I suppose I need to sit down soon and put my handwritten stuff in to get a clearer picture altogether for the past year or so.  Also, I recently went on a mini vacation this past weekend and was getting to bed super late so I didn't temp the few days after menstruation.  My cycles are usually 30-32 days long and if I'm really stressing out that cycle it can jump to as long as 36, occasionally my body psyches me out and my cycle will be perfect at 28 days. lol   I'm not sure if I have endometriosis, I've only very recently noticed cramping (mostly slight) and at times just discomfort up to a week before menstruation and then I've always had bad cramps the first day.  I do get random pangs of pain in my pelvic area throughout my cycle-often when stretching.  I was told by a friend it could be small benign cysts "rupturing" due to endometriosis.  My husband and I are in between jobs right now due to a recent move (honorably discharged from the Army) so only he has healthcare coverage through the VA until we get jobs and a new healthcare provider.  I don't think Medicaid covers fertility testing, does it?

#373 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 AM

jjm: not sure about medicaid. every insurance is so different about what they will or will not cover. if your cycles are usually around 32 days long then i would think you shouldn't need to worry about endo (obvs. i'm not a medical professional so just take it for what it's worth). generally people with endo have cycles that are 28 days or shorter. i would definitely take the time to put your data in fertility friend for the past year. it might give you more info. the standard things to look for when it's taking a year or so to get pregnant is 1) are you ovulating (through blood tests, charting, ultrasounds) 2) a semen analysis for your husband 3)are your tubes open/do you have anything in your uterus that may interfere with implantation (through a procedure called an hsg) and 4) are you timing intercourse correctly. if those are all working in your favor and you are still not getting pregnant, then they will sometimes do an exploratory lap to see if you have something else going on like endometriosis.

if medicaid doesn't cover anything fertility related (i wonder if anyone else knows this answer) and you are forced to wait until you are under proper insurance... i would go ahead and try the natural routes - diet, supplements, acupuncture/tcm while you are waiting - a lot of people have had great success with that sort of thing.

i'll let the others give you their thoughts. i'm probably one of the LEAST knowledgeable people on these boards! you may even want to start a separate thread so you can get expert opinions who don't necessarily check this thread...

anyone else have any thoughts?

#374 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Well friends I am sad to say that mean old ugly , stupid AF came today! .... Well I can say this Af always shows up on time on cd25  .. SO SAD I watched a show called "labor and delivery, one born every minute" this morning and cried and cried.... I think it is all out of my system now ..  I have a wedding to go to this weekend so i guess a glass of wine or 2 or 3 wont be out of the question. I just dont understand... we were SPOT on timing!!... all the milky white coming out of my breast SHEESH even they wanted me to be pregnant!!  Well I guess on to the RE on the 22nd I hope he can help us... I feel 40 coming on fast!! I am sure we will end up with a IUI and I will choose to do that sooner rather than later, I guess we will be putting our family vacation plans to Florida on hold this summer and just end up going to the beach in Galveston for a weekend. ... I wonder if I will even have a egg this month due to only haveing 1 tube? UGH I have a headache from thinking to much.

Toothfairy : Good luck and prayers are with you this month! happy pouncing (giggles)

Bebe: YAAAAY I am soooo Glad you found a awesome RE !! I am excited for all your new hope! Happy Pouncing to you too

jjm : Welcome , This is a awesome bunch of ladies... and without all this support they give me I am afraid I would have had a nervous breakdown already lol ... I have not been on Clomid or any fetility drugs yet... But I do take my prenatal everyday and vitamin b6 to help lengethen my LP , I also see a tcm and get accupuncture treatments once a week. But I do have my first re appointment on the 22nd so Hopefully I will get some news or drugs. Sorry I am not much help... I dont have insurance either so I pay for everything out of pocket.

Indie: saying lots of prayers for you also.

Gtree : ??

Sherry:.... I miss your input ... I hope your ok

Day 1 of my af ...never fun well here goes another month :-(

#375 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 PM

aww, man. i'm so sorry shell. i'm glad you at least get a condolence glass of wine... or three. that just sucks. i wonder if you should bring up the breast discharge at your RE appointment? i wonder if it is hormone related? might help to get you some answers, anyway. i'm excited about your appointment. it's a tremendous amount of relief to have someone in your "corner" trying to help you conceive! and yes, you should have an egg... it just depends on which tube it tries to travel down! we will all hope it makes it to the healthy tube!

#376 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Shell - Sorry AF came, but stop watching those crazy shows! I cried at "16 and pregnant" yesterday.  I have a wedding this weekend too and 3 out of 4 bridesmaids are pregnant.  I am going to really booze it up.  Show them what they are missing...

JJM - Welcome!  My obgyn did a blood test to confirm I was not ovulating and put me on clomid immediately.  However I did tell her I was trying to get pregnant after 2 years of trying and that I had PCOS.  (please note that I went in to see her after 1 month of trying) I do have PCOS though, and was getting my period every 3 months or so and did not want to waste any time.  Also, be careful with grapefruit juice, a lot of my meds come with warnings not to drink it (decreases effectiveness of provera, for example)

Indie - you make me laugh.

AFM - BOR - ING.  On day 7 if provera, really hoping day 3 of AF doesn't fall on my anniversary weekend away next week... My DH gets back in town tomorrow morning and I scheduled him to go in and give a sperm sample as soon as his plane touches down.  He and I schedule everything for each other through outlook and I threw that right in there with a 5 minute window.  Let's hope his count is good.

#377 of 2219 Old 05-03-2012, 06:01 PM

jjm: Welcome! So I was prescribed Clomid because I have polycystic ovaries (but not PCOS officially) and went through a 3-month spell of not ovulating on my own. At that point I had been TTC for 8 months. Honestly, I did not love Clomid. It was ok, and I developed a dominant follicle for the three cycles that I used it, but it did completely dry up my CM (which, like you, I was having a bit of a problem with anyway). I much prefer Femara, which I did this last cycle. Regarding CM, I did evening primrose this last cycle, and I think it helped (although maybe just being off Clomid helped). You could definitely have all the initial evaluation done through a good OBGYN, including hormone testing and an ultrasound. Good luck!

Indie: I got crosshairs today, and it puts me at DPO3. I say DPO2-3. Yeah, I'm really not sure about Metformin honestly . . . I definitely do not have diabetes, I highly doubt I have any sort of insulin resistance, and I'm not overweight. I have low confidence in how much Metformin is going to help me (and I'm worried about the side effects, particularly all the GI upset). What do you think - should I start it?

Shell: Sooooorry! Ahh, I hate seeing AF arrive. I might need an IUI too, so we'll just have to be support to each other if it comes to that! I won't hesitate to do it next month if I need to. I'm just so sorry for your disappoint right now. It's so hard. I told my DH that it's like getting heartbroken again and again.

Gtree: Here's hoping DH's count is good!! Fingers (and toes!) crossed for you!

AFM: DPO3 today. No real symptoms (and couldn't trust them anyway!). Just excited to get through the TWW and test! DH will be out of the county next week for work, so very glad the timing is right for him to be away. Phew! Trying to decide about starting Metformin . . . what do you guys think?

#378 of 2219 Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM

Well friends AF is here with a vengence!! Ugh Horribly bloated, constipated and crampy... Oh did I mention horribly bitchy!! My poor family lol ... I dont even want to be around myself at this point!! Dh is taking me shopping later this afternoon so maybe that will brighten my mood.. or it could make it worse due to my bloating ... I am going to wear my spanx so hopefully that will help lol

me and Dh talked last night and we both agreed that if the RE suggest a iui we are doing it as soon as possible :-) Hopefully that will produce our little baby ...

Gtree : I hope DH count is good, Let us know !!

Indie: Yes I am going to bring up to the RE everything ... I am even going to tell him about the squeezing LOL And tell him that my breast are already wanting me to nurse!! haha

Bebe : I would do the metformin if I had it :-)  and YAY for good timing... One of us needs a BFP soon... I saw on another forum that they had 4 bfp in 1 month ... so jealous!! but very happy for those ladies :-)

Toothfairy: I hope things are going good

jjm: I hope your doing ok

Has anyone heard from Sherry... I am sure worried about her :-(

#379 of 2219 Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 PM

Thank you for all of the information ladies!  I'm going to call the local office for info on Medicaid, won't hurt right?  Once I have all of my info in FF and maybe another four months of cycles put in there I'll take the info to a doctor and see what they make of it.  Is there a certain website that provides a good deal of reviews on doctors?  I've run into some rather apathetic doctors lately which I found odd considering all of the money and school they put into the profession...

#380 of 2219 Old 05-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Well I'm here sitting on the bed with my iPad keeping DH company while he packs for his work trip. Just trying not to obsess. We are meeting friends for a weekend away next weekend and I realized that I won't really be able to test before we go since it will be too early, so not sure about drinking. My friend is trying to get prego too, so maybe we'll be in the same boat. I have to say though - they literally just started trying and I'm worried that she is going to tell me over the weekend that she got a BFP. With my luck I'll start AF at that exact moment and the emotional breakdown will ensue. Oh how I wish this whole process was easier!

Shell, sorry about mean ole' AF. I hope you got some great things during your shopping trip! If this month is a BFN, I'll be right there with you with the IUI. So you'd do the Metformin, huh? Remind me, do you have PCO/PCOS?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

#381 of 2219 Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Bebe- id try the metformin... Cant hurt. I get you feeling your friend will BFP immediately... My coworker just started trying, i know it will happen soon... Ugh. Not that i wish IF on anyon, but ughhhhh.

Shell- sorry about AF. step away from the tv!

I'm pretty positive I missed O. Woke up Friday with no more CM. We DTD anyway after work but I'm not hopeful. Ah well, theres always next month.

#382 of 2219 Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 AM

gtree - hope your dh's sample comes back nice and plentiful!

toothfairy - so sorry you missed O. but hopefully you didn't. how did your dinner and drinks with the IF ladies go??

shell - hoping you are coming out on the other side of AF and feeling like getting back in the game. i'm looking forward to your RE appt!

bebelove - i totally hear you on your fear about your friend getting pg quickly. it's such an odd place to be not wanting to wish anything bad for friends but yet just wishing they would hold off on getting their bfp until you had a chance to get yours! i'm really quite exhausted from seeing friend after friend get pregnant and have their babies while i am still opk-ing/charting/depressing every month. so what dpo are you now? 5?

afm: 9dpo today. not a symptom in sight. my breasts are not even the slightest bit sore!! this is very, very strange for me. in fact, had i not been temping and had a very distinct biphasic chart i would be questioning right now if i even O'd. i really don't feel anything at all but i'm trying to console myself with the thought that maybe my body is FINALLY resetting itself to pre-miscarriage days where i never got sore breasts except for maybe slightly sore the day or two before AF. as you can see, i'm looking for anything to keep me from crying my eyes out. 

must. press. on.

#383 of 2219 Old 05-07-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi everyone.  Thanks for all of your well wishes.  I am sporadicaly reading along. 

Chrissy- thanks- i hope your doing well.  anything new?

shell- sorry about af- and the wondering what side.  remember that glass is half full...even if you feel like throwing the damn glass against the wall at times.  I think you should tell RE about the nipple discharge.  I wonder about your prolactin level.  Can any of the TCM treatments cause that? Toothfairy?

Charley on the move- i hope all is going better with you and your prolonged recovery.

Gtree- i hope there are tons of olympic swimmers!  haha i love the scheduling. 

Toothfairy- here's hoping- and ugh! about your sister.  This is why i really miss small town ob/gyn practice where you actually knew your patients!  It leaves me wondering where are humanity is going? 

Ms. D-Pearlina-  are you out there ****?

Indie- 9 dpo and holding... yay for regulation- now - GET> THAT> BFP!!!!!!

afm- well- lots of sad inside. persistant r sided pain and odd feelings- i think somethings stuck.  So, DH is doing a lap on me tomorrow.  Good is that i am comfortable with my doctor.  Bad is that he has cases after mine so I'm kind of on my own.  Due to latex allergy I always have to be the first case of the day.  I will probably end up going home in a cab alone...that kind of really sucks. i have looked at recanalization and the wurn technique, but due to lack of time I am waging the battle for IVF.  I am being met with strong resistance- however i sensed a potential crack in his armour yesterday....so we will see, but one step at a time. 

i am keeping you all in my prayers and keep checking in so i can catch that BFP announcement. 

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#384 of 2219 Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ps

bebe- 6dpo yay!  try the met- what can it hurt besides your stomach.  I'm sure you saw my posts about re advice that worked for me- dosing 12 hours apart with a balanced carb protein- or more protien meal and a yogurt mid day.  it made it sooooo much better right away. 

jjm welcome and may your stay be short.

pss:

ladies- it's may- mothers day month.  graduation month.  spring turning toward summer.  we've wintered together.  we deserve a bfp.  a mom. a graduate.  some good news and inspiration.  cheers to us!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#385 of 2219 Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM

ahhh! it's so nice to see sherry's name on the thread!! sherry, i'm so sorry you will have to go home alone :( that really does suck. there are definite pros and cons to having a doctor husband :( i'm still so hopeful for you... i really think you will be going down the ivf road sooner rather than later. please keep us posted!!

toothfairy - sherry just reminded me in her post... can't believe i forgot to comment on your sister! hope she is holding up and as relaxed as she can be with all the back and forth and scary information. i think when docs start forgetting information it's a sign they have too many patients! she's lucky to have you to lean on, that's for sure. 

bebelove - i think you have gotten the universal approval for getting started with the met! 

#386 of 2219 Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM

sherry- good to see you back! I think what you said about 'small town OB's' is so right, part of the reason I want a midwife and doula instead of an OB. It just is too important to me after all I have worked for to do whatever I can to have the best birth possible and feel trust and care in my providers. Buttttt I digress :) I hope your fight for IVF is won soon or that there is something during your LAP tomorrow that answers your concerns. Sorry you have to go home alone, that stinks bad. Thanks for the wishes for a May BFP, I hope you are back in the saddle soon. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!

indie- well hopefully getting rid of the endo has been what took your breast tenderness away. I haven't had any this month, none last month either. Come on BFP, you should be our first- you started the 'first cycle on clomid' thread back many moons ago.

Thanks for asking about my sister- she had an u/s today because of some swelling in her legs, all came back A- OK, still prying for the best.

gtree- saw you over on the ivf thread, I hope you will still be checking in with us!! You are going to learn so much in the next few weeks, I'm so hopeful for you!

shell- I don't know much about TCM side effects as far as nipple discharge, in a year of TCM I've never had that one! I would be curious about high prolactin though, what blood tests did you have already?

AFM- I'm bored waiting for AF 4 dpo... blah. I have had a little spotting too, I don't know if it is just irritated cervix from too much sex or from ovulation... blah blah blah. It is like orange colored, weird right?

#387 of 2219 Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM

Hi Everyone! 

Sherry - Glad to see you checking in!

Indie - I have my fingers crossed

Toothfairy - I'm hoping you didn't miss your O and weird symptoms mean a BFP :)

AFM - I'm bouncing back and forth between IUI and IVF (literally and online), I guess the only plus to no O means no AF which means more time for me and DH to determine what is right for us.  I feel like if we do IUI and it doesn't work immediately, that I will be frustrated but hopeful and if we do IVF and it doesn't work on the first try, I will be crushed.  I thought AF was here today, but alas, no, just some spotting, which means more time to read read read and obsess.  I am also overwhelmed by the potential control IVF could give us, it kind of feels like messing with the universe.

#388 of 2219 Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 AM

toothfairy - i am hoping my lack of luteal phase symptoms is a result of the removal of endo, too!! i'm shocked at the difference in this cycle... no breast soreness, no luteal phase night sweats (even with our bedroom being much hotter over the past few nights), and no pelvic pain. kinda weird that it took my second cycle after the lap to experience the shift but i'm thankful nonetheless! as for your weird spotting... i do remember having some weird bleeding after sex at some point after the surgery. can't remember now how long after, but it could just mean that things are still tender in your nether regions. glad to hear things are still looking up for your sis!

gtree: i can only imagine trying to make the decision between iui and ivf... not an easy decision. a failed ivf would definitely be harder to take... and i can understand your feeling of messing with the universe with ivf. i'm totally cool with ivf and will go that route if all else fails but your concerns are the same ones i have. i think i've read that you should plan to do like three ivfs for optimum results... a lot of people get it on the first or second go but i guess statistically three is the magic number? anyone else heard that? ultimately, i don't see it as messing with the universe any more than iui. it may not be traditional sex that is producing the baby but it's still your egg and his sperm, yaknowwhatimean?

sherry - keeping a good thought for you today!

shell - hope you are doing well!

charley - hope the packing/moving is more exciting than overwhelming! :)

afm - 10dpo. bfn with dollar tree hpt this a.m. no symptoms. feeling encouraged enough by the change in my cycle that i think we will try on our own one more time before going iui route...

happy tuesday, everyone.

#389 of 2219 Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Hi Friends well I am on cd 6 ... I had a short AF this month only 4 day's with the last day spotting. Me and DH really partied it up at the wedding Saturday ( open bar) lol we ended up getting a room at the hotel where the reception was held... it was so nice just to break loose and forget all my worries :-) ... I went to my tcm for my accupuncture today and she said I was low on testasterone so we did the accupuncture treatment and I cant swap bodily fluids with DH for 25 hours... so only a kiss on the cheek lol he will not like that!! But good news is I have passed allthe other test's and we are moving on to the pregnancy Hormones next... My RE appointment is the 22nd I cant wait and i am starting my opks in the morning... have to get back on the baby making track!!! I am still trying to recover from Saturday night lol.

Sherry: So Good to hear from you!!!! I was so worried, and have been thinking about you constantly... I really hope that armour breaks and Dh let's you get that IVF, or hopefully the lap show's something good :-)  Please keep us informed.. I look forward to your insite and support. and I hope that I can be a support to you as well!!

Gtree: I am with you on the ivf vs. iui... I am just going to go for the IUI at first... IVF is just soooo expensive!!  Indie, it is 3 times the iui ... IVF is suppose to work faster and should take the first time.... that is why it is soooo expensive!! I mean basically the doctor has the sperm injected into the egg... all our body has to do it hope that little bean attaches and sticks! .. with iui its just basically a turkey baster method.. just getting that sperm super close so that they dont have to travel...our egg still has to travel and that sperm still has to be strong enough to break through and win the battle.. lol I would do the ivf if it wasnt for the cost ...

toothfairy: I have taken your advice and stopped watching that chanel in my morning ritual. lol I will try not to watch it when I am 2 ww either !!

Bebe: I used to have endo but was cured after my dd was born... so I hope that it has not  come back :-/ ...But its nice to now that there are drugs that will still help me get pregnant.

Indie:So Glad that you are feeling better about your cycles :-) that is awesome news!! I wish I felt better , but I think IUI is my best option as of now... I did not have any signs or symptoms with my DD ... I even had a bfn before my bfp with her.... I did start getting symptoms at about 6 weeks pregnant... Fingers are still crossed for you :-)

#390 of 2219 Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM

Toothfairy: What's going on with your spotting? Do you take multivitamins? If you do, could it be a by-product of the riboflavin? Sorry about this month . . . timing is always so hard, especially with two working people! I'm thinking of your sister.

Indie: Yes, so true about friends getting pregnant. I certainly don't wish this on them, I just want to get there first since we've been trying for so much longer. Bah . . . I'm quite nervous about this weekend and finding out if she is or not. Or not, because she just won't be drinking and then I'll know. Then again, I'm not sure that I should be drinking anyway, so she'll probably think the same of me. I am 8DPO. I am right there with you -- absolutely no breast tenderness or night sweats -- both of wish I have also had previous cycles! It's bugging me, too!! Maybe it's a good sign for both of us? No giving up at 10DPO!

Sherry: I'm thinking of you!! How was the lap? I feel so bad you had to take a cab home, that stinks! I hope you're recovering well! It's so nice to hear from you :)

Gtree: Good luck with the decision! It's certainly a tough one and I think you have to absolutely go with your gut!

Shell: Good for you letting loose with the hubby!

AFM: I'm 7-8DPO and am trying to remain hopeful. Going to Vegas this weekend . . . I guess I'll really need to be taking it easy on the drinks! Still waiting to get my progesterone, which was supposed to be called into a compounding pharmacy for me. But very much hoping that I don't need it! I haven't started the Metformin yet, but will start next cycle if need be. I've had some nausea as it is, and I didn't want to make it worse right now. Plus, despite my knowing different, I still worry that somehow starting the Metformin now will mess something up, if there is anything to mess up. But you guys have convinced me to give it a shot if need be! Thanks for the help. :)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page