Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 2219 Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mmm...a drop could mean you had a premature ovulation of one of the immature eggs. Any rise in progesterone?

I'd trigger and go for multiples...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#482 of 2219 Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Toothfairy!

I thought that at first, but absolutely no change in progesterone.  

The good news is for the first time since I joined all of you, I am going to O!  Wahoo.  Just triggered.  BD tomorrow night and Wednesday morning!!

Do you know if ovulation predictors would give inaccurate results because of the trigger?  Or is that just poas?

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#483 of 2219 Old 06-05-2012, 06:46 AM

gtree - i am so sorry your cycle got cancelled... what a bummer! :( but i'm glad you are going ahead and trying on your own... what's better than one baby? multiple babies! lol. though i totally understand your worry... here's hoping!

sherry - wow, a surgery AND a train ride. that sounds... awful. i'm glad your dh will be with you post surgery this time. how are your cycles doing otherwise?

shell - i didn't have any real side effects while taking the actual pills... my side effects came during my lp. sooo hopeful for you!!

chrissy - did AF show yet? 

hope everyone is having a great tuesday!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#484 of 2219 Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Gtree- it messes with OPKs too, just have faith! Ovulation is a good good thing!! Welcome to the 2ww!! Sorry the IVF got cancelled though, big investment emotionally and financially to not get to the end result...

Indie- where you at??? 6dpo?? I 'm only 5 today, blahhh.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#485 of 2219 Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM

I'm dissappointed the cycle got cancelled, but so hopeful this might work.  I think everything happens for a reason, and I'd love a free baby!

I feel like I lost 5lbs of water weight and am finally not feeling like a pin cushion.  O today (if the trigger worked) which I think I felt every possible O symptom. BD last night and this morning, I actually yawned during and talked about work.  OY.  Hopefully DH is feeling up to one more try tonight and then the wait is on.  When is the soonest I could POAS?  14 days past trigger or 14 days after today?  Am I obsessing much? 

treehugger.gif

#486 of 2219 Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

gtree - so sorry everything was canceled but excited you have this chance, too!

Waiting on some great news from the rest of you lovely ladies.

Afm - on cd2. Af decided to show up yesterday evening while at the park with kiddo, dh, and little brother. Thankfully we were only 20 minutes from home but bleh! Times I wonder why I put myself through this.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#487 of 2219 Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Sorry Chrissy, AF is mean spirited.

Hoping for good news from all, ASAP. It really is a freak of nature that since October we haven't had a single BFP. For reals, someone break the streak and we will all follow.

#488 of 2219 Old 06-07-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Excuse my brevity

Sorry Chrissy. I hope the park was fun!

Gtree omg twins or triplets!!

Shell! Results? Whats up?

Bebe indie toothfairy- the tension is building...... all eyes on you

Charley- i hope your ok and busy

And i sure do agree- someone needs to bust through so we can all follow!!!

Crazy that someone hasn't nailed it yet! Surgeries, hsg's, iui's, injectables and clomid and femera and prometrium.....ugh!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#489 of 2219 Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM

toothfairy - i'm 8dpo today. sleeping.gif

shell - where you be?

chrissy - hugs to you.

gtree - your post made me laugh - no yawning during bd'ing! i think a lot of women test out their trigger shot that way they know for sure when they get a bfp that it's a true bfp. of course, you could also just wait til AF is due. but who has that kind of patience? :)

sherry/toothfairy (i almost typed tootfairy. and that made me lol) - we really are freaks of nature... how on earth has this thread not had a bfp yet? i just don't get it.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#490 of 2219 Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM

Aloha, everyone!

We are back from Maui, and it was lovely! We were blessed with gorgeous weather the whole time we were there. It was very relaxing, and for the most part I drank, ate and did what I wanted. Of course I never quite forgot the timing of everything, so I didn't drink more than a couple pina colodas or glasses of vino per day, but I did enjoy myself. I've missed you guys and wow, I need to get caught up! I promise to be back later for personals and more updates. . . in the meantime, here's what's up with me.

I'm 9DPO or 10DPIUI . . . clearly we didn't nail the IUI timing, but we kind of knew that going in. I'm not very hopeful this month, and it's starting to once again bum me out. I have zero symptoms. Like zero. I was just in Target wandering around, and of course let myself wander into the baby section. It doesn't help that the only people you find in Target on a random Thursday morning are mothers with adorable newborns. I started tearing up and tore myself out of that section, reminding myself that I'm so lucky in many ways and have much to be grateful for in general. It's so hard though, right?  It also doesn't really help that I'm positively dreading going back to work on Monday. I'm really taken advantage of there, and seeing a friend of mine before we left (who is also an NP) really highlighted to me just how unfair our organization treats their primary care providers (docs, PAs and NPs alike). Bah! Anyway, sorry for that little rant. I guess part of what makes going back to work so hard is also knowing that if I could only get pregnant, not only would I be blessed with a beautiful and precious baby, but I'd also get to go part-time and really start to achieve better work/life balance. It just seems that there is so much riding on my getting pregnant, and every month just about wipes me out. OK, I promise this isn't going to be my daily attitude! Just needed to get that out. I'm so grateful for you guys . . . really, I don't know how I'd survive each month (and every step in between) without you. Be back later! xoxo

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif
#491 of 2219 Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM

BEBE - Welcome back!! We missed you so much and can't wait to hear more about your trip.

BFP BFP BFP.  When are you guys going to start testing?  The race is between tooth fairy, bebe and indie it looks like.  I am going to POAS in a week because I am obsessive and can't wait any longer than that.  Then like every other day until AF arrives.  

#492 of 2219 Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 PM

Bebe! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

Alright ladies. On your mark, get set, poas! Go. Go. GO!!!!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#493 of 2219 Old 06-08-2012, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Haha!!!!! I love it!!! How many sticks have we peed on collectively????

Crazy. We probably could have nought a small island.

I forgot to say uesterday- its a boy- what the heck? After having five girls its hard to wrap my head around!

Have a good friday!!! Go stock up on those tests!!!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#494 of 2219 Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 AM

I won't be testing until DH comes home which is 3 days after AF is due so I'll know regardless. So Fridaythe 15th or not at all!

Sherry - baby boys are so sweet. My little nephew is the best!

Gtree- indie, bebe.... Whose going to bfp first.......

#495 of 2219 Old 06-08-2012, 07:26 PM

A boy! So cool!!!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#496 of 2219 Old 06-09-2012, 03:37 PM

BFN. I don't know why I bother! Bah.

Work has also taken a turn for the worse . . . I am officially looking for another job. 2012 is proving to be a very challenging and trying year. I am so sad.

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

#497 of 2219 Old 06-09-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

So sorry bebe. I know its hard to do- but keep in mind that your taking the steps to make it better. I left a job..after a lot of misery and soul searching....and not long after i was wondering what took me so long. Peaceful thoughts sent your way.

dust.gif

#498 of 2219 Old 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM

I'm sorry Bebe.

Me - 39
DH - 40
#499 of 2219 Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Thanks so much, Sherry and Chrissy. I am trying to pull myself up from the boot straps and move forward! I really believe myself to be such a positive and happy person, so I hate even allowing myself to feel that way for a moment. I'm getting more used to the fact that I'm in the TTC mode for the long haul, and that perhaps finding a new job is the best thing I can do. I am sacrificing a lot of loan repayment money by leaving, which is tough to swallow. I really didn't anticipate 2012 being so tough, but then again, I have much to be thankful for and I'm trying hard to remember that.

Toothfairy: fingers (and toes!) crossed for you!!!

Sherry: A baby boy - yay!

Gtree, did you test yet, or too early?

Indie, what's happening?

All my other wonderful ladies, how's it going? I'm so behind, please catch me up!

xoxo

#500 of 2219 Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 AM

Sorry bebe- it is the hardest thing to put your chin up and keep going. My spotting started today so I'm in that same spot of trying to accept & move ahead. We've formed an unfortunate sisterhood.

Indie & gtree - one of you pleeeease break the spell.....

#501 of 2219 Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 PM

an unfortunate sisterhood, indeed. i am not a superstitious person (ok, i lie. i am totally superstitious even though i try hard not to be) but seriously? is this thread cursed? should we scratch and start a new one? what gives????

bebelove: welcome back! sounds like hawaii was fabulous. i'm so sorry about your bfn... this is getting ridiculous. for all of us. i hope you find a good solution with the work situation. are you doing another iui next cycle?

sherry: yay! a boy! that is going to be one spoiled boy after all the girls in your family. boys are great because they stay cuddly so much longer than girls. 

shell: are you on your vacation? where are you?

toothfairy: sorry to hear about the spotting. i really thought we were both going to get knocked up quickly after the surgeries. sigh.

gtree: it looks like it's up to you, girlfriend!

afm: 11 dpo. bfn. no reason to think that is going to change. i've been crazy distracted this cycle (which was a nice change). took a licensing exam yesterday and so now i no longer have studying to keep me occupied. i have noticed that i've coped much better this cycle by being distracted during the 2ww. i need to start planning something for next cycle. today i cleaned out our babyroom. it's been a junk/storage room since we bought our house (almost a year ago) and i just really felt the need to clean it out and open it up and maybe, just maybe, making space for a baby will bring a baby to me. i remember going through similar symbolic gestures after i broke up with my nice-but-not-husband-material boyfriend and was ready to meet my husband. it worked. so now i'm going to start the same process for a child. it's really the only thing left i can do.

#502 of 2219 Old 06-10-2012, 09:23 PM

Hi Friends ... sorry I have been MIA :-( I have been trying to remain busy busy busy ,,, and its failing miserably.

BEBE: Welcome back! I am so with you on the tatgert shopping... I always wonder into the baby section and leave with tears and hopes! Sorry for the bfn :-(

Sherry; YAAAY I want a boy so bad... or girl... heck i want a baby or 2 or 3 lol Congratulations !!

Indie: Sorry about the bfn... that is a really good Idea about cleaning out that room... I am going to start getting things together for a Garage sale (I hate Garage sales) But maybe I can make a few bucks for some nice baby things :-)

Toothfairy: Sorry about the spotting :-(

AFM: well here goes... Accupuncture is going well ... she thinks its going to happen for me soon :-) .... So I finished my Clomid... no side effects other than acne YUK ...So I went  to my RE saturday morning after we DTD and His nurse was late.. but still got us in the 2 hour time frame , she took the sample of my sperm infested ewcm (lol) and she said WOW your mucus looks great!! YAAAAY then she did a sono to see if the clomid worked... well I had a small follicle on my right ovary and she moved to the left and said there they are 2 big follicles ... she said I should ovulate any minute (which I think I did today) she said everything looks great... and I swear I almost broke down in tears.. NOT GREAT MY LEFT TUBE IS BLOCKED!!! UGH ... she said don't lose hope that she had a woman come up pg on her blocked side last week... she said its rare but it does happen ... I am pretty sure it wont happen for me :-( ... So she did not want to trigger because she said that is a waste of money and we should wait till I ovulate on my right side.. So I am starting my 2 ww today... actually just starting to wish i could speed it up and start my next cycle!! another bad news is that I am going to be on vacation the whole week I am fertile and ovulating my next cycle... so I won't get my sono or my trigger shot :"-( .... I am going a week from tomorrow for another blood test (progesterone) then I go and talk to the dr again to see what is next on the agenda in my ttc saga... these are the days of our lives...I live , eat , drink, sleep, dream baby... everyone keeps saying don't stress about it.. HOW? sometimes I don't feel like I stress so much ... Its just always in my mind!! I mean sheesh I ovulated last cycle on my left... 2 cycles in a row on my left :-( .... what if my right doesnt make eggs? so many thing running through my head..... we went to a bridal shower for some friends this weekend and they are going to do IVF the day after the wedding.. and they were asking us if we are planning babies.. I wanted to shout YES < YES WE ARE AND ITS HARD AND DRAINING ME OF ALL HOPE!! I WANT A BABY HOW HARD IS THAT??? but I just said yes we are and smiled .. Ok sorry my huge sob story I am so glad I have you all to vent too... at least we are going through this together.

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#503 of 2219 Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM

Hi Everyone!  I hate to see so much disappointment, we are due! Indie, Clean out that room! Maybe I should be so motivated.  Our baby room is the one room I put my husband in charge of when we moved in 3 years ago and it is still full of boxes and his desk...

Shelly, hang in there!

Toothfairy, I'm sorry such a great weekend ended with AF.  UGHHHHHH

AFM I am not going to test until Friday.  I triggered last Monday and want to make sure that is all out of my system.   I could not deal with a false BFP. I have felt like vomiting since Saturday night.  It is too early to feel morning sickness, but something is up.   Probably just stress.

#504 of 2219 Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hey! Laying here hitting the snooze...oh we sure are in a slump! Is it Friday yet?

dust.gif

#505 of 2219 Old 06-13-2012, 01:18 PM

Gtree: I am praying you get a bfp!! we alll need some encouragement ;-)  

Sherry : I AGREE!!! Hurry Friday

Afm: well I am 3 dpo .... and have had heartburn for 3 days , So I told my tcm and she treated me for that as well today! so far so good... but now I have a horrible headache UGH .... I am working 3 days a week now so hopefully this 2 ww will go by quick!!! I am ready for my next cycle already .. I really hope I ovulate on my right side next cycle ugh so frusterating :-/

How is everyone doing ?? and new doctor appointments?

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#506 of 2219 Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM

Oh another thing is I have had 2 friends tell me in the last 2 days that they are pregnant..... so I know it can happen... I am just sad its not me !!

#507 of 2219 Old 06-13-2012, 06:56 PM

Come on Gtree!! Break the spell!

Shell, here you go, DPO3! This could be your month!

Indie: What a great idea to clean out the baby room! Our baby room is a guest room, and the room itself is very cute right now (but not baby cute), but the closet is a mess. Perhaps cleaning out our closet would help. :) Where are you in your cycle?

AFM: CD1 officially (although I had two days of prior spotting - not quite sure what to call them ever since it seems more than spotting but less than actual flow). My temp dropped when the spotting started -- so, do you think for charting purposes that I should still consider it spotting? Does temp normally drop when spotting begins? I guess it makes sense since progesterone is dropping, right? I'm taking a month off from meds, so I'm doing Vitex this month. Next month will be injectables and IUI . . . this is the scenario that gives women 6 babies! Scary, but I'm going for it. Is anyone else up for such a thing? Or have already tried? Other than that . . . looking for a job and trying to remain hopeful. Not loving 2012.

#508 of 2219 Old 06-14-2012, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone-
gtree.....i want you to test...and don't at the same time haha!!!

Shell...how was that prolactin? And you are next up! I hope your friends are contagious!

Bebe- so were you in a underserved area program? Or just had tuition repayment as a job perk? I dont know what area you sre in geographically but it seems PA's are always in demand. What is your interest? General medicine? Cafedoc has nice listings! Best of luck...your septuplets will require bedrest anyway.

Indie toothfairy bebe this is the worst part of the month...hang in there.

Charlie....?.....msdolphin...?....stasi...?

Hey Chrissy!

Afm...nothing. af due tomorrow. I do miss the hope and i was dying to poas yesterday but didnt of course...start lo estrin on cd5.... then just waiting for July to get here. On the exciting end...we are buying a little place in the woods out by dd#2 9acres...i am gonna build a fertility ceremony ring and we can meet up there and have secret fireside ceremonies including wine, cadbury eggs, diet dr. Pepper, bread, salt, all the good stuff....if you poas while sqatting in the woods is it better?

I have no energy today! And too much to do!...happy thursday everyone!

dust.gif

#509 of 2219 Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 AM

sherry - you make me laugh!!! i will totally join you in the fireside fertility ceremony! congrats on getting a place in the woods... i know that will be very good for the soul. wish we lived closer to each other! july is so close... and then you will be back in this crazy game once again.

shell - hoping you are one of those many people i hear about that get preggo even when ovulating on the side of the blocked/missing tube. where in florida are you headed to?

gtree - i think you are going to be our first! so excited for you!

bebelove - cleaning out the room was such a great exercise...except for the part where i came across some baby items my dh bought when we first got pregnant. i shed some tears over that. but then i thought, how nice, we already have some baby items to keep in our now clean baby room. more reason for a baby to come along and take up residence. i'm not taking any meds this next cycle, either AND it looks like i will be going iui/injectables route soon as well... more in the afm... but... we're twinsies! again.

toothfairy - did af show up for sure?

afm - still waiting for AF. 15dpo and started spotting yesterday... which is earlier than i have in the past two cycles but still seems pretty good compared to how early i used to spot. i will not be taking any meds this next cycle and that will be the real test, i guess, of what my cycle looks like. not sure how much femara has to do with my new, long lp. dh has been researching financing options for ivf and we will likely start looking at that route sometime beginning of next year. so since we started talking more seriously about ivf... i figured it probably is best to try iui before spending that kind of money... so i guess in another cycle or two we will go that route. it will be like $1300 if we do iui + injectables. not sure if the RE will let me go straight to injectables? i just don't see much use in spending the money for an iui and only doing femara since i've been on femara for three cycles with no results. i'm not super stoked about doing an iui... i just don't know that it has a high enough success rate to make it worthwhile. and i also know that if it doesn't work, it will be a lot harder for me to deal with. i think what keeps me going is thinking that there are other interventions out there that i haven't tried yet... and so if i do try these other interventions and still fail? lord help us all. i will be saaaad.

#510 of 2219 Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Oh! Shell...i missed that somehow until i saw indies comment and had to back read. I know the frustration of the one sided hope. Thats why i got started on clomid to begin with. I seemed stuck with ovulation on the wrong side. God i hated laying there with that stupid probe in me like im a stick puppet and they tell you oh! Your good to go on the left!!!!!! Nooooo. Hang in there.

...and yes indie...i LOVE LOVE LOVE the yaya sisters!!! Even though i am a Yankee- so we are like the internet Ma-Ma Sisters...I forgot to mention s'mores...i think they increase cervical mucous!

Gtree 12 hours and counting.....

dust.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page