Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 2219 Old 07-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gtree, we aren't currently TTC, I haven't had AF since DD2, but I really want to be, but am feeling very torn about timing. My two Dds are 2 years apart and it's a great age gap, but was very difficult at the beginning. Dd1 is SUPER high need, and just keeping my sanity with her is a challenge each day. I also just went back to work a couple of weeks ago (mat leave is a year here), so I am trying to juggle family and work, and until I feel like I'm getting a handle on the whole situation, I really don't think I should be trying to get preggos. On the other hand, my DH is 46, and doesn't want to be doing the baby cycle much longer, but I'd like two more kids, eventually. I guess twins would be a good solution, but I don't think there's much I can do to make that happen, lol! We are also trying to keep our kids out of daycare as much as possible, at least till they're older, so it means a lot of juggling kids between my DH, my mom and myself, and trekking back and forth across town in traffic after work...sigh. Anyway, sorry for the looong post, I know it's totally in the wrong thread, I guess I needed to vent smile.gif

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 of 2219 Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
On our way to Dinosaur Land in Virginia. Will catch up personals later! Have a good day!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#603 of 2219 Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 PM

another Negative this morning...... Dr says I still need to wait until Wednesday to test.... I say what's the point............so over this.......

#604 of 2219 Old 07-06-2012, 06:04 PM

hug2.gif Greenmum

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#605 of 2219 Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 AM

lidamama - thanks for rooting for us! 

greenmum - hugs. i hope you are in for a huge, happy surprise :)

chrissy - how was dinosaur land?

gtree - any symptoms yet?? lurk.gif

toothfairy?

sherry?

bebe?

shell?

afm: just hangin' in there :)

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#606 of 2219 Old 07-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Toothfairy: Sorry about the timing this month . . . although I read more and more stories of women getting pregnant with seemingly terrible BD timing . . . I kinda think all of us on this thread are going to end up with stories like that, after all the good work and planning we do to make it happen each month! How was the roofdeck fireworks display? DH and I LOVE Newport. We used to go there every month when we were living in Connecticut. ENJOY!! You most certainly deserve it.

Greenmum: Argh! Sorry for the BFN, but don't lose hope quite yet! Go to TWW.com and you'll see so many charts/posts with a BFN before BFP so give it until Wed before believing anything officially. But I do so understand . . . I am very down about this stuff right now and one BFN just absolutely ruins my week - even an early one! Hugs!! Just remember, it's not over until the fat lady sings (the fat lady in this case = AF!).

Indie: Regarding being borderline PCOS, they now don't think so since my ovaries no longer have that appearance and my FSH/LH ratio is perfect. So . . . who knows really. I never thought I had PCOS in the first place, but at least it made me hopeful in terms of understanding why I couldn't get pregnant. Guess I'll just keep plugging along! I am also thinking about going back to acu (of course I am, we always seem to be on the same course!). :) Where are you in your cycle? I think I'm DPO10 (although never have I had a crazier cycle).

Lidamama: thanks for the positive thoughts!! I hope you're journey is a happy one!

Gtree: fingers crossed for you!! You may be our first! I hear you about getting down with everything . . . I have similar thoughts when I go to REs office, like, uh, how. much. longer. can. I. keep. this. up?! July 19th -- exciting day!!

Chrissy: Dinosaur Land, haha - cute! Have a great time!

AFM: Well, my chart is all wonky this month due to that +OPK on CD10 (I do not believe that was correct) and crazy temps. I think I actually ovulated on CD15, which is what FF adjusts my chart to be when I remove the +OPK. That would make me DPO10 today. Not feeling at all hopeful, but never really am anyway anymore. I'm super tired today, but find myself that way on weekends due to my work schedule. Just trying to enjoy the beautiful weekend we have here, and not stress about work/life/getting prego. Sigh. Also, reading a couple new pregnancy books, including the Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant. No shocking new info yet, but love the writing style - it's funny, informative, and just the kind of book us scenic route girls would enjoy!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#607 of 2219 Old 07-08-2012, 01:29 PM

IUI veterans, I need advice.  I had my IUI Weds and Thurs this week and a blood test today.  My progesterone was 5.  Am I out?  They told me to do another ovadril because she wants my number at an 8.  What do you think?  Is there a chance I didn't even O? 

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#608 of 2219 Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Hey Gtree, no I do not think you're out at all. You are probably only 2-3DPO right? Progesterone won't be up until 7DPO, so I would think you still have a chance. Why a blood test so early after O? Did you temp this cycle?

#609 of 2219 Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not much time to post tonight but gtree i think you are fine, 3dpo is super early! Are they checking again at 7 dpo? I know they want it over 10 by 7dpo

AF is due tomorrow. I've been spotting for 4 days, the first 2 were just grown tinged CM, yesterday was all reddish brown after sex, today redspotting after doing #2(TMI). boo hiss.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#610 of 2219 Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM

The RE called me this morning to start planning IVF for next month.  I asked her about my progesterone being 5 and she said, "this is not a good prognosis for you this month, but there is still a small chance."  What a depressing way to start the week.

#611 of 2219 Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM

oh gtree, i'm so sorry. what a huge letdown. hug2.gif it's interesting that they do progesterone testing so early after O, but i guess it's good that they are being super proactive? i'm also surprised to hear that the RE called you personally. that is so not the case at my REs office... i am so discourage with the lack of personal attention there. 

toothfairy - i'm sorry about AF's impending arrival. overall, how are you feeling post surgery? are your cycles feeling any different? do you feel like any of the supplement you are on are making a huge difference? i'm all in research mode right now so i'm curious what everyone is doing (especially my endo sistas)

shell - i had THE MOST VIVID dream that you announced a pregnancy. you were posting beta numbers and everything. we were all so excited to finally have our first bfp. man, i hope i am some kind of prophet and things are cookin' on your vacation!

bebe - how exciting that your lh/fsh levels are perfect! i'm not sure what dpo i am (or if i even ovulated). i didn't track this month and i haven't had my usual O symptoms. of course right around what is typically O time for me is when i got the news about my amh and all emotional hell broke loose. so who knows. i do know i'm on cd25 so i'm guessing AF will be here in 4 or 5 days... i did notice a small patch of ewcm last night... so maybe my emotional upheaval and supplement sh*tstorm has delayed O this cycle? NO CLUE.

sherry - how are things??

afm - as i said in my post to bebe - not sure what's going on in my cycle this month. this is the first cycle post surgery that i didn't take femara. i also was pretty stress/emotional around what would typically be O time and i'm not sure that i really did O. also, my RE said it is possible to have charts that appear ovulatory but you never released an egg. have you heard that? i always thought charting was on of the best indications of O'ing?? 

i'm enjoying reading fertile female by julie indichova and i've really been thinking about how much i wish to put my fertility in someone else's hands but am learning more and more that doctors are not the all-wise, all-knowing people i so wish them to be. and that's a really hard thing for me to swallow since i so badly want to trust an expert right now :( i called my REs office today to ask about supplementing with DHEA (instead of waiting for my next appt to ask) and i get a call back from the nurse with a vague answer about not encouraging supplements and that my dheas level was in "normal range" (normal range being a huge range of 40 to 400 and mine is at 72)... i tried to get more specific information as to their opinion on it and there just wasn't anything substantial. so i don't know if i should keep with it or stop it... so i have an inquiry into the center for human reproduction to find out if they regularly suggest supplementing with DHEA to endo patients.... i'm really overwhelmed with doing research but at the same time i feel like i have to do my own research. bah.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#612 of 2219 Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Indie - it is great that my RE calls me.  Whenever I have an issue or question, i hear directly from her.  I like that a lot and she also knows who I am if she happens to be on US duty.  I'm at RMA New Jersey and as reputible as they are, there are still a lot of mistakes.  My husband is irate over a bill we got for duplication of genetic testing which he could not have been more clear that we didn't need it.  There are also times when the nurse gives me instructions and I question them and then we find out a different protocol.  Our friends didn't get all the instructions they needed during their IVF and when we were compairing our protocols, that is when she found out she was missing a drug.  Oy.  So, as much as I agree you need to trust the experts, I think you trust them for their expert opinion and not necessarily that they are right about everything.  I still believe we have to be our own advocates.  I remind myself of how many mistakes my team at work makes on a daily basis, it happens at Dr. offices too.

ToothFairy - Ugh. 

Bebe - anything new?   Are you DPO11? Are you going to test?

AFM - I have been reading everything about the progesterone level.  Some people say it is too early and that 5 isn't the worst, but who knows?  I'm just going to focus on work and try to schedule things every day afterwork and hope the days pass quickly.  At this point, there is nothing I can do and be excited that if I don't get a free IUI baby, that I can try IVF again. 

#613 of 2219 Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 PM

AF is trying to screw with ovulation lining up with my trip to Kansas City. Still not here. 14 dpo today. I've never had an LP ths long without progesterone support. The spotting continues. I feel nothing & I have no plans to test. I know she's coming, just effing with me. The new meds must be working... i just wish the spottng would go screw. No twinges, no cramps... Blah. I'm drinking french wine & feeling dizzy. Oh, my only pms symptom, sensitivity-- like weepy sadness, just overall sad feeling.

Thinking of you all, sending my love wnd good wishes. Ugh, sorry I'm so sentimental. I'm just so thankful for you guys and so sorry I've been distant.

Off to have sourcream dip and chips and icecream for dinner. Is that gross?!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#614 of 2219 Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Toothfairy, looks like our cycles are syncing up as well . . . AF is coming . . . started spotting today and I'm just so freaking tired of the spotting! So just wanted to let you know that I understand. I did do progesterone this cycle (well, missed a few here and there, but still) and started spotting today at DPO12. Boo hiss, indeed! Enjoy that dip, french wine and ice cream!! Sounds divine actually.

Gtree, I think there's a chance for you. If not, having an IVF cycle lined up sounds like the way to bounce back!! I agree though, not the best way to start a week. Like when I POAS this morning all excited to see if maybe, just maybe, and once again, like a fool, I realized I was spotting as the test was cooking. DAMN!

Indie, my cycle is also all kinds of crazy, and I did chart! It's the weirdest cycle I've had though in a long time. I swear you and I are going to get prego the same month since are stars are aligned. ;) As for medical people, and speaking as one, don't trust them! ha. . . kinda of kidding but kind of not! I've been told all kinds of ridiculous information by my OBGYN and REs. My original OB told me after my DH's first semen analysis that the chances of him having a second one that looks promising was slim to none. Then his second one came back all but frameable it was so perfect. They especially do not know anything about the world of supplements and herbs. DHEA seriously might be a good thing for you to try, especially from one of the books I just finished (The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant). The dose was 25mg/day and had quite a bit of success, particularly in cases like yours.

AFM, well I've pretty much said it all above. 12DPO. Started spotting this morning while waiting for my pregnancy test to cook. Bummed. Feeling crappy - tired, uncomfortable, bloated, backache. We're going to Santa Barbara this weekend, which will be fun, other than stupid AF. Oh, and I just ordered the ClearBlue Easy Fertility monitor from Amazon. Hoping that all those happy customers from the reviews will bring me luck! Doing a completely nature cycle this next month and then trying to decide if I should do injectables next month. Decisions, decisions.

#615 of 2219 Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 AM

gtree - i like your plan - keep busy after work, hope the days pass quickly, and if nothing else look forward to IVF. i look forward to the day when i have a plan!

toothfairy - i'm so thankful for YOU! you are such a constant support and i know all of MDC is going to rejoice when you get your babies! your dinner last night sounded perfect. also, a 14 day lp sounds like things are getting better and better for you!

bebe - there is no better way to bring on the spotting than to POAS. and also, can i just say, your posts always lifts my spirits. i'm considering downloading the book you just finished to my kindle. i read the reviews and it sounds funny... maybe not new information but i could use a laugh. thanks for your feedback on dhea. i am just so nervous that if i continue to take it, i will make "things" worse, and if i don't take it, i will cheat myself out of all the benefits. it just feels like every decision i make is SO CRUCIAL. i'm trying to chill. trying...

afm - well, girls... must be power of suggestion but i started spotting today too! yay us. oops fire alarm i'll be back

#616 of 2219 Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 AM

ok, i'm back.

so yeah, spotting. cd26. earliest i've spotted post surgery. i'm really thinking i didn't ovulate this cycle. now i'm just anxious for AF to start for real so i can schedule that damn day 3 test that i am so panicked about. i hate this so much. egg issues is what had me so nervous back when i had bloodwork done earlier this year and i actually did a for real happy dance when i heard that everything was good. and now i'm back to feeling worried again. worst case scenario, every number will be awful and i won't qualify for even ivf. at least there are stories of women getting pregnant on their own with horrible numbers, right? i'm learning that bad numbers aren't necessarily a death sentence. but it sure feels like it.

so, for anyone who is interested, this is the ridiculous list of supplements i am now taking based on my obsessive researching. comments welcomed.

dhea (for eggs, the only supplement i am nervous about)

coq10 (for eggs)

l-carnitine (for endo)

pycnogenol (endo)

milk thistle (liver detox)

vitamin d

krill oil

prenatals

bcomplex

wheatgrass (have been stopping by the health food store daily for a shot while waiting for the wheatgrass that my husband planted to grow - i love him. he also bought me a wheatgrass juicer)

now i wonder... have i gone overboard?

#617 of 2219 Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 PM

New day, new attitude so let me just put it out there. I'm getting pregnant next month!!! My fertility monitor will arrive Thurs and I'm going to start new prenatals and CoQ10 and keep taking the bucket of stuff I've already got going on. DH and are are going to BD every other day from CD7-21. I'm going to get regular exercise to decrease stress and increase blood flow. I'm going to also continue with OPKs and do it twice daily from CD8 until confirmed O. I'm getting pregnant dammit!

So Indie, seeing as I'm clearly not the right person to say otherwise at this point, take my comments with a grain of salt, but I say good for you! Take it all and see what happens. Clearly not doing certain things hasn't helped us, so I say go for it. I am all but positive that you will still qualify for IVF. Chin up friend! I will say a little prayer for you. I think you'll like the book and it really helped put a few lingering thoughts about things in order. She also gives permission to obsess when needed and makes it all seem like it will work out, which I need right now. Hope you like it!

#618 of 2219 Old 07-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Indie & bebe- my spotting sisters. Why?! Just WHY?!

Indie- your supplements sound perfect. I wouldn't chang a thib. You sgould see the lists of thibgs I've tried. For one, I've one everything on your list, including the wheatgrass! I'm a 'minimalist' now, but thinking about adding some things when AF comes. Right now I just do prenatal, b complex, iodine, magnesium, fish oil & pycnogenol. But your combo sounds great! I wouldnt worry about the dhea, the best ivf center in the us recommends supplementing with it. To answer your questions from before, ths is the first month I see a difference but it is my second month on Naltexone & I took 15mg of Femara on day 3 so I'm not sure where the hange comes from. The spotting hasn't gone away but I notice it is different from pre-surgery, my progesterone at 7dpo last month was 16.9, so it isn't low... What's the deal? I have my follow-up the 27th so maybe I'll get some answers or at least new ideas.

Sidenote, my stomach was SO SICK today. Wine, dip & ice cream for dinner was a baaaad idea!

Bebe- i love the attitude. We all need that spike of ' lets just do this' sometimes! I would adopt your view but it is looking likw with ths new crazy long LP, i will be missing O this month too. August I guess!

Gtree- staying busy is a great plan. I'm glad you have your IVF to look forward to but I hope you don't need it. Any plan for no estrogen mess-ups this time??

Lida- thanks for caring about us smile.gif maybe if MDC cheers us on thespell will break & we will finally get a BFP!!

Greenmum, shelly, chrissy, sherry - sending happy thoughts to my girls!

AFM- another day of spotting. 15dpo. I was thinking maybe O was later than I thought but my spotting started at 10 dpo which is consisant with the past.. So unless o was later than i thought and my spottng is starting earlier... I will test tomorrow if AF hasn't started in the morning. The spotting seems to be getting heavier and is sometimes red and then turns brown & watery. When AF finally shows I'm going to be so sad that it messed up my timing with vacation... I just know she is goingto show, ugh. Frustrating!

ETA: BFN this morning. Why won't AF just show up...

#619 of 2219 Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 AM

toothfairy - i really suspect that femara = longer than normal LPs. 17 days (!) was my longest (with several days of spotting before hand). as for still spotting from 10dpo post surgery w/o low progesterone... who knows what that's about... it's like how i still experience discomfort in my ovaries leading up to AF... but i have the DVD to PROVE that the endo was removed and my ovaries were "un-tethered" from my side wall... SO WHAT GIVES? of course, my biggest worry is that there is still some lingering endo or that i have some kind of aggressive, quickly growing endo, or or or... so many fears and no way to figure it out for sure. i remember having a dream like a year and half ago where i sat on the side of the bathtub and removed my ovaries and uterus and examined them to try and figure out what was going on in there. wouldn't that be nice? to have a peek every once in a while? i'm so sorry that your O timing will be messed up again! gah. but on the bright side... your body is getting healthier and healthier and when O timing does line up it will be in tip-top shape!

bebe - i lurve your can-do attitude. go team, go! i think you have a very solid plan and it WILL work, dammit! hope you got some good movies and other fun stuff lined up for your bd marathon Sheepish.gif. i finally wathced 'the secretary' the other night with dh. HOT. too bad it wasn't during O time... but still... hot.

toothfairy & bebe - thanks for signing off on my list o' supplements. it may seem silly, but i feel like i need some permission from SOMEBODY! and who better than you two??

everyone else... where are you guys?? miss you all.

#620 of 2219 Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 PM

Toothfairy & Indie: seriously, why? I'm so over the spotting.

Toothfairy, I'm 14DPO. I think AF is coming - starting to get some crampy pains and that heavy vaginal feeling -- do you guys get that, too? My spotting is also very up and down.

Indie, The Secretary, you say? I'm going to be needing a bit of, uh, inspiration. Ha! I mean, I have quite a hot DH, but this is going to be a lot of BDing! ;) Thanks for supporting my "I will get pregnant next month" agenda.

AFM, well got my CoQ10 today and am putting together my little vitamin/herb concoction for the week. So what do you guys think - FertilAid (with Vitex) and all my other stuff, or my new prenatals and all my other stuff? Can't quite decide. Doing Vitex feels like still doing some kind of med this month, and I was hoping to do a completely natural cycle, but then again, would like to ovulate successfully and well! Also, perhaps doing a month of Vitex, and then a month of au naturelle might actually help a truly med-free month? Thoughts?? Indie, toothfairy -- have you guys both used Vitex?

#621 of 2219 Old 07-12-2012, 06:19 AM

bebe - i say go with the fertileaid. anything to enhance ovulation! and i don't really look at it as a medication because you can take it as long as you like without serious consequences (unlike clomid, etc). i did take fertileaid (well, actually it was fertilityblend, but same-same) for several months after my m/c to get my cycles straightened out and i do think it worked (but then again, i was also taking chinese herbs and doing acupuncture so who can say for sure what specifically worked). i stopped before i went on clomid because i knew you weren't supposed to take vitex and clomid at the same time... 

afm: AF is threatening to start today. i wish she would hurry up so i can feel confident in scheduling my 3 day blood test. either way, it looks like the test will have to be over the weekend...

#622 of 2219 Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Thanks, Indie! OK, Vitex it is this month! :) So did AF come for you? She has come for me in a serious way.

So hey, I was wondering . . . do you guys consider CD1 the first day that you have any full flow, including starting in the evening, or do you consider CD1 when you have full flow all day?

#623 of 2219 Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 PM

bebe- ugh, no. i thought it was starting this morning but it's just been spotting, no actual flow yet. i'm pretty sure she will start tonight or tomorrow... as for when to count. i think i typically count cd1 as the first day of full flow if it shows up before early evening. but i'm not sure if there is a hard and fast rule on that or not?

toothfairy?

also GTREE? how's it going (though you are probably staying away from the boards like a good girl to keep yourself distracted)

sherry? how's the new house in the woods coming along?

greenmum, charley, chrissy, shell... beuller? beuller?

#624 of 2219 Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM

I know at the RE CD1 is full flow before 3 pm but I think that is just because of when they close. With NaPro it is full flow by bedtime. My AF started at 7 last night so I consider that CD1 but I'm not going to do my femara til Satuday because I would rather take it a little late than a little early!

We are all together now... Time for usto put our collective 'foot down' and get us some BFPs.

#625 of 2219 Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Ok. Gonna try and catch up here:

Bebe,Toothfairy, Indie - Wow. You ladies are almost cd triplets. lol

gtree, shell, sherry, greenmum - any news?! Hope you ladies are okay.

Afm - we had an interesting time at Dinosaur Land. It was just so cheesie. Happily ds didn't notice the spackle patches or holes in the dino's. lol I don't think we'll be visiting there again unless ds shows a huge interest in dinosaurs. Only on cd7 so no news there.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#626 of 2219 Old 07-13-2012, 11:41 AM

Bebe- I love it, That's my new thing too I'm going to be a muma! I'm doing this, game face on! Go team!

Indie- I'm sorry, I thought this was looking so good for you.... I'm approaching my AF now, started spotting today.... I hate spotting.... I hate this...Yuck. But I’m on it this month, We are all getting Pregnant! Kay?

Tooth - I'm okay just want to say BFP... Not BFN.... Got Negative and temps started to decline, my temps where high for 16 days and that's HUGE for me I have Luteal deficiency so Clomid has lengthen my Luteal from 10 to 11 days to 16! At least I am having improvements…..

Chissy - Glad you had Cheezy fun! Sometimes that really is needed

AMF- I am starting today with brown spotting, will be full blown by late afternoon- Just in time to get out of work for the weekend! ….. my temps started to fall on Wednesday and then rose again on Thursday then dropped this morning down to pre-ovulation temp....

I'm trying on this "Bebe" Love Mantra - I'm getting pregnant this month! - I can see myself there and will be and there is no stopping me! We can do this, no more negative about this, that was so as paragraph! I'm doing IUI next week I'm going to rock my left side next week and get to see my first trimester before winter and get to tell family officially at Christmas, which has always been my dream, I want to do that - AND I  (WE) Will!!! Come on Ladies, change your perception with me, we can get pregers! We are getting pregnant, we will.... and picture it. This is also what my massage therapist told me to do, if you make it real in your head you can do anything you set your mind to, I think I sometimes hold on the to the negative energy and need to let go of that.....

#627 of 2219 Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM

ha! watch out now... greenmum and bebe are fired up! clap.gif

i'm trying to get myself there, really i am.

looks like i will be doing iui with half tab of clomid days 3-7 this cycle. yikes2.gif i called the RE office to tell them today is cd 1 (more on that later) and they want to go ahead and move me through IUI this cycle. i asked dh what he thought and he said lets do it. so we're gonna do it. i can't help but be excited even though the chance of it working doesn't seem to be all that huge. i guess it feels good to be doing something and i figure even if it is a bust then we'll at least have a little more information like how my ovaries respond and how dh's swimmers are behaving these days. so it won't be a complete waste of money. 

as far as the whole spotting/when to count cd1 conversation... yesterday i thought i was going to start because i had a decent bit of dark red blood in the a.m. but then it went to sporadic spotting. then today i woke up and i was still spotting... until mid morning when i thought for sure i had started because of the amount/color. i called the REs office to set up blood work appointment and now for the rest of the day it has been back to spotting! i really don't know what to think. usually i spot for 2-3 days and then have one solid day of heavy-ish flow and then light flow/spotting for a few days after that... this time it is different with the apparent starting/stopping/spotting pattern. so i don't know if yesterday was actually cd 1, today is, or if i still haven't really started! but i'm going forward as if today is cd1. i just don't know what else to do at this point. but terribly confusing. any thoughts?

#628 of 2219 Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 PM

oh, and also, i'm pretty sure my endo is back :(. i have had verrrry similar pain/discomfort as before the surgery. i've actually always had a smidge of familiar pain every cycle but this one has been like back to the old days :( i don't know if it's being off of femara, the supplements, or if things are just growing a fast rate? either way, it's discouraging. and i guess makes me all the more anxious to ramp up the interventions. 

bah.

#629 of 2219 Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Have wondered that too but talked myself down... i don't think it comes that fast I think it just takes a while to fully heal inside. Your best chances (according to my doctors) are just starting now. 3-12 mos after surgery. I'd wait & see what tomorrow brings. I made the same mistake with my first CD1 bloodwork. How mantyDPO are you? Spotting can also be caused by immunity issues so dont immedoately suspect the endo. Your body is still detoxing from the prostaglandins so your immune sysyem is whacked. Hang in there, I'm hopeful for you this month! Oh, the bloodwork, it doesn't make a world of difference. If you feel like AF starts for real tomorrow I would just start the clomid onthe correct days.

Greenmum- the month of long LPs!!

I'll join your manta- this is it, we are all outta here. I see a new acupuncturist/ herbalist tomorrow. My friend got preg after 2 mos treatment with her (cooincidentally, baby girl was born TODAY!!!). we had the same endo spots and were treated by the same doctor too so i'm hopeful. Time for a baby. STAT.

#630 of 2219 Old 07-14-2012, 10:53 AM

toothfairy - you make good sense! thanks for level headed logic, i feel much better after reading your thoughts! and also, yay for having a friend who is a little further down the same path you are walking! that is awesome and it sounds like you are so so close!!

ok, ladies. i'm in! let's make babies this cycle! (with our respective DHs, obvs!)

today i juiced my first shot of home grown wheatgrass, it wasn't nearly as complicated as i initially thought. i'm still swallowing loads of supplements three to four times a day, plan on going to acupuncture to support me during this clomid/iui cycle... i've got as good of a shot as anyone, right?

have any of you used castor oil packs? thoughts?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page