Mothering Forum banner

Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP

67K views 2K replies 27 participants last post by  MindlessChrissy 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone. This is a "grad thread" of sorts for us 1st cycle on Clomid ladies.....who are no longer on our first cycle of Clomid but have enjoyed each others company and support. It is also for all those who have neen lurking, following, chiming in and cheering us on. It is for a group of women all trying to get to the same place by taking the roads less traveled. We all have a journey here- some longer- some harder...we all at different times come up against obstacles and uphill climbs...and in between it all we share our fears, choices, hopes, frustrations, and accomplishments, and throw in a little bit of everyday life too.

Afm: spending the day in dd hospital room while they try to figure out what the heck is going on in her tummy. 9dpo...you would think this would distract me from the 2ww...but there is a fairly young babe next door...i can hear her and her mama talking to her...and it smells like johnsons and johnsons baby bath in here!!!! I need to go to my FRER!!!!!

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Reactions: MyKidKissTrees
#502 ·
Hi Friends ... sorry I have been MIA :-( I have been trying to remain busy busy busy ,,, and its failing miserably.

BEBE: Welcome back! I am so with you on the tatgert shopping... I always wonder into the baby section and leave with tears and hopes! Sorry for the bfn :-(

Sherry; YAAAY I want a boy so bad... or girl... heck i want a baby or 2 or 3 lol Congratulations !!

Indie: Sorry about the bfn... that is a really good Idea about cleaning out that room... I am going to start getting things together for a Garage sale (I hate Garage sales) But maybe I can make a few bucks for some nice baby things :)

Toothfairy: Sorry about the spotting :-(

AFM: well here goes... Accupuncture is going well ... she thinks its going to happen for me soon :) .... So I finished my Clomid... no side effects other than acne YUK ...So I went to my RE saturday morning after we DTD and His nurse was late.. but still got us in the 2 hour time frame , she took the sample of my sperm infested ewcm (lol) and she said WOW your mucus looks great!! YAAAAY then she did a sono to see if the clomid worked... well I had a small follicle on my right ovary and she moved to the left and said there they are 2 big follicles ... she said I should ovulate any minute (which I think I did today) she said everything looks great... and I swear I almost broke down in tears.. NOT GREAT MY LEFT TUBE IS BLOCKED!!! UGH ... she said don't lose hope that she had a woman come up pg on her blocked side last week... she said its rare but it does happen ... I am pretty sure it wont happen for me :-( ... So she did not want to trigger because she said that is a waste of money and we should wait till I ovulate on my right side.. So I am starting my 2 ww today... actually just starting to wish i could speed it up and start my next cycle!! another bad news is that I am going to be on vacation the whole week I am fertile and ovulating my next cycle... so I won't get my sono or my trigger shot :"-( .... I am going a week from tomorrow for another blood test (progesterone) then I go and talk to the dr again to see what is next on the agenda in my ttc saga... these are the days of our lives...I live , eat , drink, sleep, dream baby... everyone keeps saying don't stress about it.. HOW? sometimes I don't feel like I stress so much ... Its just always in my mind!! I mean sheesh I ovulated last cycle on my left... 2 cycles in a row on my left :-( .... what if my right doesnt make eggs? so many thing running through my head..... we went to a bridal shower for some friends this weekend and they are going to do IVF the day after the wedding.. and they were asking us if we are planning babies.. I wanted to shout YES < YES WE ARE AND ITS HARD AND DRAINING ME OF ALL HOPE!! I WANT A BABY HOW HARD IS THAT??? but I just said yes we are and smiled .. Ok sorry my huge sob story I am so glad I have you all to vent too... at least we are going through this together.

#503 ·
Hi Everyone! I hate to see so much disappointment, we are due! Indie, Clean out that room! Maybe I should be so motivated. Our baby room is the one room I put my husband in charge of when we moved in 3 years ago and it is still full of boxes and his desk...

Shelly, hang in there!

Toothfairy, I'm sorry such a great weekend ended with AF. UGHHHHHH

AFM I am not going to test until Friday. I triggered last Monday and want to make sure that is all out of my system. I could not deal with a false BFP. I have felt like vomiting since Saturday night. It is too early to feel morning sickness, but something is up. Probably just stress.

#505 ·
Gtree: I am praying you get a bfp!! we alll need some encouragement ;-)

Sherry : I AGREE!!! Hurry Friday

Afm: well I am 3 dpo .... and have had heartburn for 3 days , So I told my tcm and she treated me for that as well today! so far so good... but now I have a horrible headache UGH .... I am working 3 days a week now so hopefully this 2 ww will go by quick!!! I am ready for my next cycle already .. I really hope I ovulate on my right side next cycle ugh so frusterating :-/

How is everyone doing ?? and new doctor appointments?

#506 ·
Oh another thing is I have had 2 friends tell me in the last 2 days that they are pregnant..... so I know it can happen... I am just sad its not me !!

#507 ·
Come on Gtree!! Break the spell!

Shell, here you go, DPO3! This could be your month!

Indie: What a great idea to clean out the baby room! Our baby room is a guest room, and the room itself is very cute right now (but not baby cute), but the closet is a mess. Perhaps cleaning out our closet would help. :) Where are you in your cycle?

AFM: CD1 officially (although I had two days of prior spotting - not quite sure what to call them ever since it seems more than spotting but less than actual flow). My temp dropped when the spotting started -- so, do you think for charting purposes that I should still consider it spotting? Does temp normally drop when spotting begins? I guess it makes sense since progesterone is dropping, right? I'm taking a month off from meds, so I'm doing Vitex this month. Next month will be injectables and IUI . . . this is the scenario that gives women 6 babies! Scary, but I'm going for it. Is anyone else up for such a thing? Or have already tried? Other than that . . . looking for a job and trying to remain hopeful. Not loving 2012.

#508 ·
Hey everyone-
gtree.....i want you to test...and don't at the same time haha!!!

Shell...how was that prolactin? And you are next up! I hope your friends are contagious!

Bebe- so were you in a underserved area program? Or just had tuition repayment as a job perk? I dont know what area you sre in geographically but it seems PA's are always in demand. What is your interest? General medicine? Cafedoc has nice listings! Best of luck...your septuplets will require bedrest anyway.

Indie toothfairy bebe this is the worst part of the month...hang in there.

Charlie....?.....msdolphin...?....stasi...?

Hey Chrissy!

Afm...nothing. af due tomorrow. I do miss the hope and i was dying to poas yesterday but didnt of course...start lo estrin on cd5.... then just waiting for July to get here. On the exciting end...we are buying a little place in the woods out by dd#2 9acres...i am gonna build a fertility ceremony ring and we can meet up there and have secret fireside ceremonies including wine, cadbury eggs, diet dr. Pepper, bread, salt, all the good stuff....if you poas while sqatting in the woods is it better?

I have no energy today! And too much to do!...happy thursday everyone!

#509 ·
sherry - you make me laugh!!! i will totally join you in the fireside fertility ceremony! congrats on getting a place in the woods... i know that will be very good for the soul. wish we lived closer to each other! july is so close... and then you will be back in this crazy game once again.

shell - hoping you are one of those many people i hear about that get preggo even when ovulating on the side of the blocked/missing tube. where in florida are you headed to?

gtree - i think you are going to be our first! so excited for you!

bebelove - cleaning out the room was such a great exercise...except for the part where i came across some baby items my dh bought when we first got pregnant. i shed some tears over that. but then i thought, how nice, we already have some baby items to keep in our now clean baby room. more reason for a baby to come along and take up residence. i'm not taking any meds this next cycle, either AND it looks like i will be going iui/injectables route soon as well... more in the afm... but... we're twinsies! again.

toothfairy - did af show up for sure?

afm - still waiting for AF. 15dpo and started spotting yesterday... which is earlier than i have in the past two cycles but still seems pretty good compared to how early i used to spot. i will not be taking any meds this next cycle and that will be the real test, i guess, of what my cycle looks like. not sure how much femara has to do with my new, long lp. dh has been researching financing options for ivf and we will likely start looking at that route sometime beginning of next year. so since we started talking more seriously about ivf... i figured it probably is best to try iui before spending that kind of money... so i guess in another cycle or two we will go that route. it will be like $1300 if we do iui + injectables. not sure if the RE will let me go straight to injectables? i just don't see much use in spending the money for an iui and only doing femara since i've been on femara for three cycles with no results. i'm not super stoked about doing an iui... i just don't know that it has a high enough success rate to make it worthwhile. and i also know that if it doesn't work, it will be a lot harder for me to deal with. i think what keeps me going is thinking that there are other interventions out there that i haven't tried yet... and so if i do try these other interventions and still fail? lord help us all. i will be saaaad.

#510 ·
Oh! Shell...i missed that somehow until i saw indies comment and had to back read. I know the frustration of the one sided hope. Thats why i got started on clomid to begin with. I seemed stuck with ovulation on the wrong side. God i hated laying there with that stupid probe in me like im a stick puppet and they tell you oh! Your good to go on the left!!!!!! Nooooo. Hang in there.

...and yes indie...i LOVE LOVE LOVE the yaya sisters!!! Even though i am a Yankee- so we are like the internet Ma-Ma Sisters...I forgot to mention s'mores...i think they increase cervical mucous!

Gtree 12 hours and counting.....

#511 ·
SOOO MUCH PRESSURE! I WILL POAS and post results tomorrow, but it IS 5 days early, so very likely to be too soon. If it is BFN, I will test again on Sunday.

You are all so great and keep me sane and make me laugh. Thank you!

G

#512 ·
Alright gtree. Sending massive poas vibes to you for tomorrow!!

Hell yea, Sherry. S'mores and pee'ing in nature makes everything better. lol

Afm I'm on cd - who knows. Supposed to start bd'ing on Saturday and that should be cd12 or so.

#515 ·
Hmmmmm- ok well- its early...sunday is a nice bfp day. Fathers day.

Down to the wire on house purchase stuff. Its a foreclosure....ugh.

Making plans for my trip for surgery. I thought we would go on the train....then dh proposed driving. Its actualy not bad- 6.5 hours. A bit closer than when i drive home. Hmm

Stress...i need good chocolate...oh and af started today. Non event but on time.

Anyone....distractions....anyone...

#516 ·
Hi Ladies,

I'm new, and wanted to join? If that's okay - 3rd Round of Clomid and need to have some other women's insight to what the heck to expect!

I too have been taking the "Scenic Route" to the BFP.... I although I have seen 5 in my days... nothing to show for it thus far. After an ectopic pregnancy that nearly killed me, a miscarriage at 6 week and a chemical pregnancy after that, then my longest and most difficult heart beat seen and then lost at 9 week 7 days, then I had what they think was another slight ectopic in January of this year.... let's just say I've been through a lot on my way....

So as i said before I'm round 3 on Clomid 150mg- Ding Ding - I have noticed some interesting side effects.... Laser light show- (happens when i stand up or drink some wine) and hot flashes! Oh and acting like a complete bitch or crying.... Very interesting drug.... I have also seen a weight gain of about 5 or 8 LBs.... So much fun, increased the running to put a stop to that. I also feel my ovaries so much more then I have before...

So my issue is my eggs are not "ripe" enough, and my progesterone seems to nose dive after 7 weeks.... So i am hoping that Clomid helps me get past 10 week and to 9 months!

So My last 2 cycles were a big fail- 1st one well it didn't work at all... numbers actually went down, great.... 2nd round, the up the dose to 150mg from 100mg, that did the trick - only one problem, my Ovary decided to choose the wrong side to O on... the side missing the tube from my ectopic, so that was a waste. But it show us that my estrodol levels were AWESOME and everything else shows it's working - I even had a Follies measure 24mm, 22mm and 19mm! They never have seen this with me as of yet.

Now on Cycle 3 we hope to see the LEFT side be dominant (the one with a tube) and good, ripe 22mm+ egg(s) - My chances are as good as any cycle to get that to happen.... But who knows. they were going to do IUI and the HCG (?name) injection but we decided that I would try it with just the Shot HCG and timed intercourse, I have got pregos 5 times.... that isn't the issue, Clomid will hopefully help the issue with keeping the pregnancy.... longer than 9 week and the goal of 9 months!

Anyone else in my boat? No real issues, all the test come out fine but just cannot carry the pregnancy but hoping that clomid will help with upping chances and Egg quality? I know that i don't have PCOS, But they never have been able to test the fedus... so I am unsure if it's genetic, my Dr doen't think so, because the progesterone thing and how I reponded to the 1st round of clomid just makes her feel that it is def. a hormone issue.... which as a nursing student I completely agree.

I am on Day 4 of my cycle, just had my check yesterday Clean slate, so i can start Clomid tomorrow day 5 thru 9 then Egg Check on day 11 or Friday the 22nd, then they shoot me up at that Apt if I'm a Lefty, then We just Do it, do it, do it......... and cross fingers and toes..... if we got this cycle to work I would be due on my hubs birthday.... I would love that....

But I would love to just concieve.....

Sorry for the Book report, I'm trying to read up on all of you... Sounds like for just what is on this page I am in the right place for feed back and venting....

#517 ·
Did I miss a post by gtree? I agree with sherry. Sunday would be fabo for a bfp.

Agreenmum- welcome. So sorry you've been through so much. I can't be of help with clomid as I've never been on it.

Eta - I love how auto correct seems to think I dunno what I'm saying.

#518 ·
Welcome Green Mum! We're happy to have you join and can share plenty of crazy clomid stories.

Sorry for not posting on Friday! I miscalculated - It was too soon to test (I did it by my trigger shot rather than O), but I did test this morning, and got a BFN, but then saw something when I looked again. I think it was an evap line or my eyes playing tricks. My boobs are sore and don't fit in my bra, and I threw up last night. Perhaps my body is just playing mean tricks on me, or maybe not? SO, sorry for the lack of update, but I'm not sure what my update is at the moment. I'll test again in the morning. Let's hope I can sleep tonight.

#519 ·
Hi everyone!
No missed post. I just figure- not to say we are overly important- that if anyone gets a bfp we will hear about it. I would probably post before i left the bathroom to go find dh.

Gtree..........aaaaaaayyyyeeeee omg i'd be poas all day! You're so strong...omg could it finaly be????

Greenmum welcome! Are you using progesterone as well?? By the third round of clomid i was feeling all kinds of strange things.

Me- cd3....start ocps in 2 days...blah. 2 weeks to go. I have never had an open abdominal pelvic surgery....so i am getting nervous. I would so much rather be on the working end of that scalple...oh well

Happy Sunday and Fathers day everyone.

#521 ·
Waitng (im)patiently for tomorrow! Praying for good news by dear friend!

Welcome AGreenMum. I got the clomid crazies, tried it for 3 ms, then Femara 2 mos, then Gonal F, then Laproscopy & now back to Femara... Hope this one works for you! Glad you're here.

Cycle day 4. Took my femara even though it is pretty certain I'll miss O time wih DH...

Reactions: AGreenMum10
#522 ·
I just saw my new neighbors moving in. Adorable couple. The girl looks to be my age and 6 months pregnant. I got really jealous and am now convinced that this is not going to be my month. Pitty party for 1, please.

#523 ·
Ugh... Or, this could be your month and your babies can grow up BFFs...

#524 ·
Oh gtree!!! Its midnight and i am laying here thinking about your fmu. I hope its chocked full of hcg!!! Yes...neighbor baby vibes could help...gotta keep up with the Jones's!!! If not now youl ivf it soon!!! Please be now!!!

Tf- yeah...surgery july- can start ttc in september...400 miles away...hmmm how do you do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.