Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2012, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh indie- good luck! We will be on the same 2ww...with bebe....just behind toothfairy.

Gtree and shell..keep the posts coming!!

Anyone else watch the little couple?

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

HI I'm Back!!!

Sorry for the waiting, vacations and trying to relax these past few days!!

Gtree- IVF, my BF just got her BPF yesterday from her first Donner egg cycle with IVF!!! Good luck to you!!!

Shell 77- Thisbis my First IUI, I just had it yesterday, everything went awesome! Hubs swimmers were so amazing, she said that she saw some very strong movers and that there were a TON of them, plently. SO happy! Can't wait to hear how yours goes!!! Baby thoughts!!!!

Bebe- Here we go lady!!!!  we are getting BPF!!!

Sherry - Your Hillarious! I love it getting ticket to nashville! haha, still laughing. I'm still here sorry to leave you all hanging, still think this is my cycle. feeling really good about this! And for you too!!!! I don't have cable, what kindof show is it?

Tooth- Thank you for the candel, that means soooooo much. I believe in a high power and I am Catholic, and was it the church in Nashville? Which Catherdral? I have one here in Portland, ME with the same name.

My group- loss grief group-  I meet with both are pregnant - One is 13 weeks the other is 18 weeks.... It's not fun... I am happy for them but then I am sad.... Trying to see positives of this, it can happen, it will happen and I will get joining them shortly... Like you!!

Mindless chrissy- Now I cannot rememeber what I was going to ask you...... I hope all is well lady!

AFM..... I did my first IUI yesterday! it went great! Hubs was amazing, handled it better then I thought it was going to go..... His Sperm (TMI alert) are AMAZING, great number, movement and size? Not sure all the points but all the Dr saw was that it was the best she had seen in a while!

Then today when was wiping in the bathroom, sorry again TMI, I saw EGG WHITES, we also did it last night and will be going again tonight, tomorrow!!! I'm trying not to check anything but when I saw that I was over the moon!! This is the sign I needed to know for sure this will work. I feel very good about this cycle, last cycle I was 50/50 this time I am feeling much more confident about it, same as I did last year when I was able to get pregnant.... Everything is going for me, I had surgery to remove the leftover plancental tisse in March, healed from that, then trying 3 rounds of Clomid, made my numbers go up - they say clomid works by the 3rd and 4th cycle... this is my 4th and first IUI but I feel like I should have better odds because of the clomid beinging in my system for a while. I just feel good about this cycle!!!!

Thinking positive thoughts for all of us!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Omg. Indie.....thinking of you!!! Almost blast off time....sending you calmmmmmm soft cervix and receptive big ole ovim thoughts....yyyay!!! Here we go again sister...

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 PM

i love you guys so much! thanks for the well wishes sherry and toothfairy! i am still waiting at 2:30! argh. my dh surprised me by showing up, said he "wanted to be here for conception" but just got called away for work emergency and i'm here sitting pantless at almost 44 hours past trigger... ughhhhh

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Haha nice imagery....haha...i sure know about the woryk thing...sweet though. If i come back and do iuis next year i will have soft music, candle light, and offer reflexology...heehee.

I' m sure your done by now.

Oh man...im starting to get that twisty hope feeling again....i wish it would go away!!!

dust.gif

Old 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM

sherry - yes, i'm done. man, that experience would have been way better with soft music, candle light, and reflexology! you should totally partner with RE offices and offer that as a "package". I'm already paying out the hoo-ha for this so why not add on a little more for a nice atmosphere??

can anyone point me to a chart of some sort that gives ranges for all the semen analysis categories and IUI? rather than me posting everything here... if there is a resource somewhere to help me make heads or tails of it, i would love that.

bebe - so curious if you O'd today?! you can always resell your fertility monitor on ebay. just use some antibac first ;-) i wonder if there is a pattern to your surges? i have a friend with pcos who has three children naturally.... she just figured out not to trust her first lh surge and wait for the second... some people have it so easy (though she would probably disagree with the easy part!) i'm excited to hear that you have an opportunity to work somewhere else! if it's more money then i'm guessing it makes up for the loan repayment program? seems worth it!

shell - how is it going?

toothfairy - you were right, the iui was a total non-event. it was just annoying waiting for it to start but the procedure itself was easy peasy. what dpo are you now?

greenmum - feeling your excitement through the computer screen... go go go!

afm - again, if anyone can point me to a sperm analysis resource to understand these numbers, that would be great. i do know dh has low motility but i'm really trying to find something that says: if this, then IUI good. if this, then IUI bad, go to IVF... you know what i mean?

i'm pretty sure i felt O pains around 12:50 p.m. today and my IUI was almost 2 hours after... i was anxious about that. the doctor assured me the timing was fine and i did read somewhere that you want to be +/- 6 hours of ovulation - with IUI with after ovulation *perhaps* being the better choice if there is MFI involved.

so. many. variables.

love my dh so hard. i was so happy that he thought it was important to be there today. even if he couldn't stay for the actual turkey basting.

i go back for progesterone test a week from today.

went to acupuncture again yesterday. i'm jealous of all of you who have acupuncturists that are supportive... i like my lady, and she partners with an IVF clinic so she does a lot of infertility stuff... but she also does stuff like shake her head back and forth and say "endometriosis is sooo bad... hurts your ovaries...you only had three follicles when they checked you??" head shake head shake head shake...

i don't leave feeling terrible encouraged...

it just takes one, right?

it just takes one...

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Indie- wow, unless your acupuncturist has an amazing record, move along... That sucks. I mean 3 follicles for IVF is not good maybe but for IUI that is plenty! I only had one really good follicle on gonal-f & i was peeved! You are going to do great. It was really sweet DH made an effort. Mine was never able to come, work shmerk. I wish I had more spermie info but I don't, hopefully someone can help.

Sherry- that would be nice, candles, music. It is all so sterile & impersonal.

Greenmum- AHHH so excited for you. The church was in Kansas City, it was beautiful. I didn't realize yo ae in Maine, we are practically neighbors!

AFM- 4dpo, prob more like 3 actually... It is weird, I ovulated on the left & I have similar pulling sensation to pre-surgery & had a tiny spotting... Weirds me out, trying not to be paranoid, endo is the devil. I'm just tryng to stay 'cool' but work has been so busy & stressful. I haveto see that patient again tomorrow for the other half of her mouth, ugh... Nervous. Hubby comes home & I have my followup at Dr.C tomorrow. Hoping for some new ideas. Wheres my baby at?!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 07-26-2012, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Indie - No sperm info but glad your DH was able to make it even if it was for a little while. Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Tooth - You and your patient will be fine!! Do you have a testing date yet?

GreenMum - Fingers and toes crossed for you, too!!

AFM - I can technically start testing Saturday. If I o'ed on cd14 Saturday will be 9dpo. So, yea. lol

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Tooth- We are parctically! I know someoen who works in maine for the Boston Science M. and I saw that you were there for the 4th! Small world!? Maybe we can meet in RL at some point - I've never been so close in location to a IF friend! And thank you for doing that for all of us - that candle is so nice! I feel the good vibes...

Indie- Don't know any sites that help with that but I looked through a couple of sites and this one looks promising: http://www.friscoinfertility.com/Diagnosis/semen-analysis.html

2 ww here we go!

Chissy!!! I cannot wait to hear....

Shell, Tooth and Indie.... we are all about the same time Oing right? i think I am 1 DPO today..... CHeers to 2 more weeks of this!!! My goal is to make it to August 7th - which would be 12 DPO....

AFM- Here we go..... 2ww...... I feel like krud today, I dislike the HCG shot, I think it makes me feel nausea and tired and gives me hot flashes.... Oh the things we do, I already will do anything to make a baby, And I will!!! We will be prego!!! I'm feeling the vibe! I'm going to be camping and be on high alert for a shooting star.... I need all the positive energy and wonderful thoughts I can get.... Baby, I cannot wait for you.....

Old 07-27-2012, 09:51 PM

Sherry: I actually have watched The Little Couple . . . they are so cute! Jen is really funny.

Greenmum: Hi! Yes girl, this is our month!!! Hoping I actually ovulate so I can join you in the quest! :) Yay for your first IUI! Everything sounds soooo good for you -- I'm saying a pray for you and each of us! Enjoy camping and find a couple shooting stars for us while you're out there, would ya? Hope you feel better!

Indie: Yay for being done!! That was so sweet of your DH to show up! Did you happen to find an algorithm for the semen analysis with IUI vs. IVF? I haven't O'd yet, but I think I'm about to because I had eggwhite CM today! Here's hoping it didn't happen before DH and I were able to get busy after work. Ha! There is a pretty good pattern to my surges, although they all were with meds, so this is my first month since charting without. Thanks for the encouragement with your friend with PCOS . . . seeing as i don't know what my problem is, I can talk all the positive good stories I can get. Yes, the job is more money, and pretty much makes up for loan repayment. I'm actually going to shadow there tomorrow to get a better feel for the flow of the clinic and if I think it might be somewhere I want to stay a little while. I like the thought of having my freedom! At least then, if I don't like it, or some other opportunity presents itself (like my husband transferring to one of his company's offices in Barcelona or Switzerland!), then I can jump on it! I agree with toothfairy - get a new acupuncturist! Ugh, I'm so sorry! I think an acupuncturist is supposed to give support in a protective, safe environment. I never had more than three follicles with meds, and had only 3 or 4 when I did my IUI. I think that's just fine!

Toothfairy: How'd it go with the patient today? I was thinking of you -- I bet you did great!!

Chrissy: Yay for testing!!! let us know!

AFM: Hoping today or tomorrow is O day, and that our timing is right! Also, I think I might be taking the new job! An experience today at work with my horrible boss just made me hit the wall--finally!--and I think I've made peace with moving on. I'll miss my patients and a couple really special people I work with, including my good friend who is a dentist there, but it's just time. I can't do it anymore with that crazy person. Wish me luck tomorrow when I shadow at the new place to make sure it's OK!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hey,
chrissy....thinking of you...but no update...so......

Indie. How are you feeling?????

Tf- busy day haha

Shell gtree- how do you feel. You ladies are doing the big guns!! Hope hope.

Bebe- yay!!!! Job!!!! I hope its great. I stayed somewhere to long once. Because the benefits were so good and my best of friends all worked there...after i left..several of them did too. We would meet up and wonder why we had suffered so long. Its great to get up in the morning and not dread!!

Me: getting ready to go upstate and pack up the old house we will be renting. Unfortunatley new house wont close til mid september so doing a temporary apartment set up. Lots of work!!! Alone blah! Dh is off overseas for two weeks. We head in our seperate directions tomorrow.
it makes me feel extra desperate to have O'd but im not sure that i did.

Post post please...long lonely drive tomorrow.

dust.gif

Old 07-28-2012, 08:52 AM

toothfairy - i hope everything went well with your patient! i know i'm not the most comforting person when it comes to endo worries... you've seen me freak out plenty of times... but i'm thinking maybe you just had a really nice, strong ovulation on your left side? isn't spotting supposed to be a good sign with ovulation? but i know what you mean about feeling similar sensations to pre-surgery... this past cycle was way too close to the old days for my comfort :( weird question, did you ever have shigella as a kid? i was in the hospital for a few days because of it and then in a very round about way i came across an article on pubmed that links shigella and endo... crazy! i keep trying to reassure myself that both you and i "only" had stage II, and people have recovered and gone on to have healthy children with much worse... but still, it very much is the devil :( where's my baby at??? thanks to you, i've been saying that all in the time now in my head ;-)

greenmum - thanks for the link on sperm analysis! it has calmed my fears quite a bit... dh's numbers were above average on everything except motility... which i guess means that iui should technically give us a better shot than TI. still.... how in the heck did he and i get a sperm and egg to meet two years ago??? i am also feeling waves of nausea that i think can only be attributed to the ovidrel... which has made my wheatgrass drinking that much harder. blech.

chrissy - baby dust baby dust baby dust... keep us posted!

bebe - hold the phone, are you serious about barcelona or switzerland? either place sound awe-some. i'm looking forward to hearing how your job shadow went. i am a firm believer in clearing out clutter/barriers in life to make way for the new. i have a few nagging obstacles that i need to start paying attention to myself... i think you taking care of this job situation is going to be a big step towards your baby!!

shell - how is it going?? where you at??

sherry - wow, you have a lot going on! and all by yourself! where is dh going? 

afm: short trip to nashville tomorrow. other than that, not much going on!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Meh. Bfn but it's still early. So here's hoping. Glad to see everyone is so busy!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 07-29-2012, 04:02 PM

So frusterated :-( ......... I hate my RE nurse.... she is soooooooo negative about everything and super freaking bossy!! ummm excuse me I am paying out of pocket and I expect respect!! so I went in Friday for my sono and I had 1 follicle on my left (not good) and 2 smaller ones on my right (yay) I just hope the right side grows faster than the left and I O on that side!! but I may have more3 ... she is so NOT thorough she takes like 2 seconds with me ... she almost missed the bigger one on my right side... she tells me everytime I go in there that this is a uphill battle and I need to be prepared if it doesn't happen!! I mean WHO say's that to someomeone trying to get pregnant???????? So anyway Saturday morning I got a positive on my opk and called the dr. office and she called back yelling at me that she told me NOT to use opk and to stop temping ( I am not going to stop either, it makes me feel better) and that I am not O'ing yet... I said my body is telling me different...but this lady is rude I actually started crying ... and on top of it all I have a bladder infection :-( so i have been taking cranberry pills so I don't have to go on antibiotics , i hope it works! So I go in for another Sono tomorrow at 1:00 ... Please pray that the ones on my right side grew!! I had to split my Gonal F shot yesterday and today... last shot tonight... Until my hcg shot then iui... I am trying to stay positive, but her negativity is not what I need right now... I actually get to see the RE tomorrow... I like him but i have seen him 2 times the whole time I have been goingt o him...other times I get his rude nurse ratchet! lol... So anyway that is what is up with me... I am up and down up and down ... I am just holding out hope for tomorrow :-)

Indie : I feel like we are in the same boat...my dh motility is a little low too... along with all of our stuff!! but I strongly believe we will both have a little baby soon!!

Greenmum: I take my first hcg shot coming up... sheesh i don't know if I can get any more tired. lol

Chrissy: I think its too early.. wait till 11 dpo :-) baby dust!!

Toothfairy: Strong ovulation and spotting sounds GOOD!!

Sherry : i hope you caught the O before Dh left... I would be so sad to be away from my dh for even a night :-(  we work together so we get to be together all the time.. I would be so sad if he had to go over seas ... praying for you

bebe: I hope you get the job you want... The surgeon me and Dh work for is a horrible man!!! he belittles everyone and talks down to people... I won't have it.. he tried it with me ONCE and I said ummm ecuse me and turned around and walked away..I figure I will just tell him off ... I told dh to not take it either..  we have plenty of money to pay the bills without jobs right now.. it would still be tight , but we can always be happier somewhere else.

well i will let you all know what my sono is tomorrow... please pray for my right side follicles to be big!! I believe strongly in prayer . Thank You <3 xoxoxo

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 07-29-2012, 04:03 PM

I hope it is just too early Chrissy, still wishing for you!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:03 PM

Sherry, sounds like you have a lot on your plate what with DH going out of the county for a couple weeks, worrying about Oing, and getting a house ready to rent! Hopefully it's all going as smoothly as possible and you are feeling hopeful about everything! Yes, staying at a bad job is tough, and there are so many factors involved here, which is making it tough to make a decision. I had made it actually, and now one of the docs who I am close with, and therefore who knows my quandary, is giving me all the reasons I should stay. Not helping really, because he is one of the only reasons I want to stay, and so of course his opinion means a lot to me. I'm also basically freaking out about my career change in the first place (I used to be in the corporate world, and went back to school (spending a lot of money on private tuition) and became an NP) -- now I think I should have became a teacher, which was my original plan! Basically, I'm completely freaking out about everything in my life right now. This is so not like me, so I'm not handling it well. Anyway, sorry for that rant -- perhaps I have a feeling somehow that you understand. I hope everything is going well for you this weekend, and in the week ahead!

Indie, yes! Totally serious about Barcelona or Switzerland, at least if DH stays at his current company. We have always wanted to live internationally together (we both have done so separately, but never together!). Thanks for reminding me that clearly out bad energy/stagnancy in one's life can breathe new life (hopefully literally!). I am completely into feng shui, and this is one of the defining principles! So how's Nashville? What is your CD? I'm CD19 and still no confirmed temp spike! :(

Chrissy, <--------- Baby dust!

Shell, ugh!!! I am so sorry about all of this with your stupid nurse! How is it possible that she doesn't know that those kind of comments are not helpful, and completely inappropriate?! You deserve better.  Who knows what her real issues are; perhaps she is just a miserable person! Is there any other nurse within the practice who could see you instead? Do you like your RE? I may again be switching to another place, so I guess I can't take much from these people. I don't know if you have other options where you are, but I might just explore them if I were you! You are the customer and deserve good service and respect! I'm praying for you!!! As for your job, I'm sorry you have this experience as well. It's important not to take it! For so long I was really trying to keep the peace, but now I've had it. I really attribute my stress to not being able to get pregnant. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but it certainly can't help!

AFM, well I pretty much said it all above. CD19, no confirmed temp spike so therefore no O, which is weird because I had a really good patch of eggwhite CM on Friday, so I thought for sure I'd O this weekend! Worried that with a lack of meds this month that I won't O at all and that's just enough to send me over the edge right now. I know a couple friends of mine didn't get pregnant for a long time, and then read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and realized from charting that they didn't O until CD21. So I suppose Oing is still possible for me, but with the possibility of PCOS, I guess it may also be the case that I won't!. Bah.  An old flame FB friended me, and he has the most gorgeous two young girls . . . it really was weird for me to see that. In fact, all my ex's have kids. He was just the one I most loved before I met my DH. We even talked about getting married. So I guess it's just weird to see that he has the life I want. Granted, I adore my DH and wouldn't have it any other way, but still so weird. I hope you guys know what I mean?

Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 PM

posting from my phone so bear with me...

chrissy - hoping tomorrow brings better news!

shell- change offices NOW. seriously, that nurse's attitude can do more harm for you than a silly fsh number! i wanted to cry and then to punch her just reading your post!! praying for your right ovary to release two fantastic follies! wouldn't it be fantastic to have the same nurse do an ultrasound for your little "uphill battle" baby?? that would be some sweet, sweet justice!

bebe- you didn't happen to go to LLU did you? living overseas sounds so romantic! hoping your O is on her way!

afm - 3dpo today. long day of presenting then flying back home tomorrow... off to bed! baby dreams to you all! oh, which reminds
me, i think my crazy cocktail of supplements is responsible for my outrageously vivid dreams lately. i feel like i'm watching movies in my sleep! i've moved some of the supps to morning/noon instead of night. lets see if that calms things down a bit...

Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone. Im officialy in the boonies! Yay. I had to drive an hour to get to a real store. Dh just called. Saftely in after about 20 hours of traveling to West Africa. Yes it sucks!!" He does it every 2-3 years. We will at times be apart as long iver the next year so i better get used to it. Ok i temped this am. Its low so i dont think i O'd. Oh well. It would have been a nice coming home gift.

Shell, tell your doctor about the nurse. Is it a physician owned business? That sounds like the wrong person in the wrong place.

Bebe. I have been there. It can be consuming. I also have done the carreer hop. Picked up a degree in nus admin on my way towards being a cnm. Ended up being hospital administration....i had started my career in admin! Yuck! The monet is nice...but jeeze! I would rather lead a simple happy life. So yes i can run a maternity, nursery and pediatric unit all at once- milliins of $$'s and do it well, BUT, i really love delivering babies, or getting a scared kid through a test, i love doing surgery as a rnfa (pa). Hang jn there. Medicine IS teaching when done right. Your internal med right?? Clinic? Find a nice upscale fertility clinic to get into!!!

Hey indie...i am quietly thinking about whats happening in youe pelvis...admitting that makes me feel strange.

Chrissy,...........?

TV: i watch very little. When i do i binge on dvr'd shows. 4 shows. Axman, love it or list it, househunters international ( BEBE!!!!!!) and the little couple. I watched it because i just like them....then the past two seasons have also been about fertility and ots challenges
. I have laughed through the first attempts at the clumbsy husbznd trying to give his doctor wife her gonal f injections! And cried at their loss...but it always somehow reminds me that my challenges are less than many others and life goes on everyday! Anyone else have something similar? Book? Movie? Show?
On my phone so just a hey everyone!!!

dust.gif

Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Sherry - Sorry about dh being gone for so long and the not o'ing. I don't watch any of those shows but I think my Mom used to watch Little People.

Indie - Has changing when you take your pills change your dreams? Be interesting to find out.

Bebe - Still no o in sight?

Shell - I woulda verbally bitch slapped that woman. How dare she talk to you like that and hurt your feelings! How can someone with that for shit attitude even work in such a sensitive area?! Ugh! I hope you're feeling better and soon not have to deal with dragon lady cause you'll have your little one!

AFM - Depressed. I usually o between 14/17. So today is 11/8dpo and got a bfn. Bleh. Have to go to town tomorrow so I'll pick up a pack of frer and try those. I'm using the internet cheapies and I think they are lying to me. lol Normally by now I know I'm not, kwim? This time I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I'm just setting myself up for utter depression in a few days.

Eta: test this morning went -/+/- within 30 minutes. I think these cheapies are out to get me. Lol

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 07-31-2012, 06:31 PM

Chrissy: That = is promising!!! yaaay i hope you get a ++++++ soon!!!

Sherry: I watch the little couple sometimes.. I think they are so cute!! I cried when they went to retrieve her eggs and she didn't have any :-(  ... I actually did think about talking to the RE then when i went to him Monday I knew I should just keep my mouth shut... He is a hard A** to work for , I could hear him talking down to the nurse and staff.. just kind of being a A** ... reminded me of the surgeon I work for!! lol So I felt a little sympathy for her :-/ I know I am too nice sometimes.

Indie: BABY DREAMS YAAAY ... Indie I am seriously thinking of changing offices ... But I would really like to sock it to them and get a bfp ( sweet justice) so i am going to give it another cycle at the very least.

Bebe: I don't think I have been O'ing by myself either...have you O'ed yet? I found a lot of old flames on fb .. its fun to see how they have changes... i find myself jealous sometimes too... specially when i see all the new baby pic's or the pregnany updates.,

AFM: SOOOOOOOOOO I have 2 follicles on the RIGHT side and he couldn't find the one on the left??? where did it go?? but yaaay for the right side... I think they were 15.5 and 16... he said they were around the same size... still small but it might work :-) so I did my hcg shot last night and go in tomorrow morning for my iui ... i don't know how I feel about it... the follicles are still small and where did the one on the left go? it was a 13 on Friday and by monday it disappeared... has that ever happened to anyone, or do you think I o'ed over the weekend? so many questions... I don't think i trust my RE ... he was really grouchy the other day and hurt me when he was doing the sono. I think he was frusterated that I called over the weekend cause of my opk's... he was like DON"T USE THEM!! I said OK ... I will not let him talk down to me the way he does his employees... He said that if I do not get pregnant this cycle that he is going to up my dosage of the gonal. so I am going to give him 1 more cycle... then I will move on to another RE... My friend who has been ttc for a while now said her RE is awesome! I just hate changing when I feel like I am on a roll ... do you know what I mean? I JUST WANT A BABY... :-) as we all do!! so any thought's on my questions? help ... I am excited for my first iui adventure tomorrow though ;-)

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM

chrissy - ????!!!!! waiting on pins and needles!

sherry - i love that you are thinking about my pelvis ;-)

shell - i wonder if you really did O??? I don't know of any other reason why that follie would have disappeared?? I'm already very suspicious about the whole RE experience but that just sounds off to me. I hope that it was just an u/s error and you do O two beautiful right side follies!! praying for you! 

Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Still bfn. I swear I see the faintest hint of a line on the frer but I figured it's my mind playing tricks on me. I even used my cell phones camera to turn the thing negative and the bfn line shines but there's no 2nd line.

Why does it make me (us?) feel like such a failure? Specially when it all lined up perfectly and yet nothing. I'm on 13/10dpo and feel like sh*t.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Shell- I'd say if there's a positive OPK and then your biggest follicke is missing, I'd suspect you did ovulate on your own... Maybe the trigger will make the others rupture but I'm not really sure it it has already been a few days. My RE had me trigger ASAP after my LH started to surge on its own so that all the follicles would release & not just the strongest. I'd get a new RE sooner rather than later, that guy sounds like a joke (and a mean joke to boot). I'll be praying for you!

Chrissy- cmon bfp... Ahhhhh! update?!

Indie, bebe- update?!

AFM- i do love being on progesterone, 10dpo and no spotting today, yay. I just realized I never updated after my follow-up. He suspects I have a late luteal phase defect so I'm a progesterone supplement & am having blood work done to check if thats whats up. I didnt gain any weight so that sucks... He recd I stop taking calcium and just do straight magnesium... He is hopeful with how my charts look, wants me to keep trying for more weight gain & try to sleep more. Not much else going on. Will test saturday am since our big summer BBQ is Saturday night... I'll either be drinking mocktails or overindulging my sorrows!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Well I had my IUI today ... triggered Monday night so a 36 hour wait.... The nurse did it... I didn't even see the RE :-/ AND she was cussing at the other girls screaming what the f*** about something... How professional!! then she came in to do my IUI and was negative the whole time... I was like how can you tell I didn't O already? and she was like YOU DIDN'T !! and I said well why couldn;t he find the left follicle? she said well it may have been to hard to find... its just you anatomny... the follicles would have been cloudy if you already O'ed and they looked good!! then she said and you have a lot of good cm .... you would be dry if you had already O'ed .... Sooooooo Maybe this will work!! DH motility was lower beore they cleaned it ... then is was a lot better :-)  ... I have just been laying around all day today praying that it worked!! I would sure like to show that nurse that this "uphill battle" only took one iui !!!! She also said that again today.... she also told me that if I was a ivf patient that they would make me get a donor egg... ummmm Thanks for the negativity you nasty witch!! this was supposed to be a positive day :-(  I agree I am calling a new RE tomorrow.. even though I am still hopefull that this worked!! anyway we did BD every other day like we were supposed too ... and I have been cramping on my right side yesterday and today .. STAYING POSITIVE :-) I am starting my progesterone tomorrow and finding out on August 16th !!! :-)

Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Sounds like theres a good chance you hadnt o'd already, yay! Man that nurse is a beast... You needva place that will work for you not against you. You deserve better!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 PM

Indie: LLU --> Loma Linda? If so, I sure didn't. What made you ask? Not really sure if I O'd yet . . . it's possible that I did on Monday, but temps only up a little so waiting until tomorrow to see. Definitely doesn't seem like a strong O if I did. Where are you now, DPO5?

Sherry: Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! I'm actually in family medicine now, but would be switching to internal med (all community health). Went the community health route for personal reasons and for loan repayment. But now I'd be giving up loan repayment for at least a year, but gaining my freedom in the process. Not sure though -- the new environment might be tougher than the old one, at least in terms of patient care. Really not sure what to do. Wish one person didn't have to mess everything up! Sorry your temps aren't up :( I am right there with you! So do you work as a CNM now? You're also an RNFA? How awesome! I'd love to become one someday. I love surgery. I have definitely thought about the fertility clinic! Damn I would be so much better than some of those uncaring NPs I've encountered!

Chrissy, so wait -- you got a + though once on one of your cheapies? That's no joke! Even if you see a faint line, keep the hope! There's only a faint line for one reason so give it another day to see if your mind is playing tricks on you, but this sounds very hopeful!!

Shell: So maybe they measured the disappearing follicle wrong in the first place and it was too small to keep growing? Just a thought. But no matter what, if you don't get your + this cycle, then please get another RE! Wow, that's just absurd behavior, and not at all the type of energy you need to be around right now. What the hell is wrong with that woman?! I'm so sorry. But here's hoping you get your + and can go flash that stick in her face! Toothfairy is so right -- you deserve better!!

Toothfairy: I don't know if you recall, but I once suspect that a LPD was one of my issues, too. Are you doing progesterone suppositories or oral tablets? I'm very curious when you start taking it and for how long. I think this will be important to me!

AFM: CD22 today -- still not sure if I O'd. Guess I'll have a little better idea tomorrow. Starting to think a lot more about injectables next month! Hope you all had a great day!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 AM

chrissy- holding out hope for you! still having crazy dreams even with moving my supplements around. they are entertaining at least!

toothfairy - glad you are back on progesterone, that might just be the last step!

shell - so glad that you didn't O early... come on baby!! look up RE offices in your area who are high fsh friendly! that is just riduculous!!

bebe - you said you had gone to a private medical school and that's where I did my grad degree... how frustrating about your confusing O! i'm excited to see how you will do with injectables!

sherry - any confirmation on O for you?

afm- 7dpo. waiting for progesterone results. otherwise, ho hum.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

TAP TAP TAP! is this thing on? Where is everyone?

Chrissy any news?

Shell how was that iui??

Toothfairy....getting close...10-11 dpo???

Everyone else in the tww...

Gtree....

I am packing up one house...then driving....then unpacking at the temporary apartment.
I'm not charting but took a few random temps that are below my usual coverline...so looks like no O. Not unusual for post op month. Oh well.

dust.gif

Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Sherry are you not getting the updates? I updated on the iui yesterday :-) .... Breast hurst today and a little crampy feeling today.... Staying positve... But also calling a new RE today.... just to be prepared!!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Shell- i'm so sorry your IUI was like that, I would write a letter to the RE, very unprofessional!

Indie- I'm hoping for a nice high number!!! Go progesterone go!

Sherry- Good luck with your move... ugh, hope it goes quickly

Tooth - I vote for the mocktail!!!!!! Here we go! Candle light the way!

Bebe- do you temp? I cannot rememeber if you said you didn or not, I would check with OPK and it's it's neg then I would say you did but keep up the BD until you know for sure!!! Baby!!! Here we come!

MChrissy- Well my dear, i would go buy an expensive pee stick, something that cost more then a penny to you, even CVS brand is very good and usually cheaper but at least more creditble. or Call your Dr, that would be the best way. i'm holding out for you lady!!! This is our month!

Me: Well I'm somewhere around 6,7 or 8 DPO.... I got the shot for the trigger on Tuesday the 24th, then IUI Wednesday the 25th, then I noticed Egg whites the next day, then noticed my cervix moved and closed the next day so I think I O'd on Thursday the 26th or Friday Morning the 27th by my guess, so that would mean I am 6 or 7 DPO. I'm feeling wossy today and crampy, sort of loopy, I had been crampy starting Tuesday through today. I have been really tired, and a super bitch, poor Hubs, he took me out to dinner and because I was grumpy I went to bed when I got home, slept over 13 hours no prob! Woke up still tired, very odd, I totally a morning person. And this could be the progesterone and the short talking but I cannot tell....I am still hopeful! We gave it our all! XOXOXOXOOX Babies here we come!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List