DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'd say i'd join the tuesday testing party if it weren't for the fact that i've already been testing nonstop this weekend smile.gif had some interesting looking evap lines, too... i have no reason to believe i am preggo but the desire and obsession have taken over. 10dpo today. gotta love the second week crazies.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 AM

Indie - did you test today? I've never gotten an evap. Sounds promising!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 AM

skj: bfn. i'm not pregnant. and i'm feeling a little bitter about it.

i should be pregnant by now.

1. i'm going into my 6th cycle post lap

2. my cycles are now a totally "normal" 28 days with a 14 day lp with pre-AF spotting down to 13 and 14 dpo only

3. even though i missed bd'ing on my most prolific ewcm day, i still got in a bd with a decent amount of ewcm two days prior to O (which is *supposed* to be the sweet spot for conception)

4. i was on supplements for 2 months as of O time (ok... i know that they aren't supposed to make a difference until 3 to 4 months BUT there are studies that show a slight increase in pregnancy when on dhea for just two months)

WHERE'S MY BABY???????????????

sorry. i'm just in the mood to throw a hissy fit.

now to start planning for next cycle. going back to clomid and iui. hoping i can get the iui in before i O this time. trying to keep my mind occupied by planning our vegas trip in october (to celebrate dh's birthday!). if i'm pregnant by then, i will be so happy nothing will phase me. if i'm not, then at least the trip will take place during my fertile window. i can look forward to hotel sex and a few drinks since it will be before O.

always gotta look on the bright side...blahblah.gif

ok, where is everyone else at? oh, and happy labor day, my friends.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie1976 View Post

skj: bfn. i'm not pregnant. and i'm feeling a little bitter about it.

i should be pregnant by now.

1. i'm going into my 6th cycle post lap

2. my cycles are now a totally "normal" 28 days with a 14 day lp with pre-AF spotting down to 13 and 14 dpo only

3. even though i missed bd'ing on my most prolific ewcm day, i still got in a bd with a decent amount of ewcm two days prior to O (which is *supposed* to be the sweet spot for conception)

4. i was on supplements for 2 months as of O time (ok... i know that they aren't supposed to make a difference until 3 to 4 months BUT there are studies that show a slight increase in pregnancy when on dhea for just two months)

WHERE'S MY BABY???????????????

sorry. i'm just in the mood to throw a hissy fit.

Just stopping by to say, it's all right to be upset :)

We just decided to NTNP, after 6 cycles. We really tried for 4 cycles, we ended up having a chemical the first cycle we really tried in February, but nothing after that, which is tough cause DD was conceived in 2-3 months and I got checked out after the chemical. 

We just got back in town on Friday after visiting DH for a month and my Mom is already texting me, hinting that she thinks I'm pregnant, and my immediate thought was, if it hasn't happened in 8 months, why would it happen now. 

I think we all have moments when we throw "hissy fits", we just have to move forward and do the best we can... good luck!

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 09-03-2012, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hissy fits are good. I usually feel better after one. I'm sorry, indie. My first pg was my 6th cycle after lap in '01.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 AM

I broke down this morning and tested with one of the cheapies and got a bfn.  Should I wait until Wednesday?  I'm not worried, it was WAY early today, but what do you think?  I also peed in the middle of the night, so I am sure that didn't help things.

Indie - Maybe you're not out yet?  

Happy Labor day!  Lazy day at our house!

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

Old 09-03-2012, 10:13 AM

Gtree -how many dpt are you?

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Retrieval was the 24th, so I think that puts me at 10dpo

Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 AM

Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Ahhhhhh!!!! Eeeeeek!!!' wahoooo!!!! joy.gif

welcome september bfp!!!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:11 PM

i had to get off my phone and jump on my computer just to add this: bellyhair.gifbellyhair.gifbellyhair.gif

gtree, i'm am SO SO SO freaking excited for you!!!!!

now we'll be on pins and needles waiting to see if it's twins!!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Thanks Indie! I love my dancing ladies!! Hahaha  I just keep staring at it.  I have never been pregnant before.  I still can't believe it.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AHHHHHHHHHHHH GTREEE!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for your first ultrasound, I think it is twins!

Just what I needed today! So happy for you!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM

also, thank you ahikaru and chrissy for you encouragement. it means a lot to me!

so happy to finally see pics of positive pregnancy tests on this thread!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Yay gtree!! Congrats!!!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Indie- i commiserate with your hissy fit, i just had one on the IF One thread. You're justified in your feelings though... It isn't fair, its time for us to move onto graduates!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Indie - I'm so sorry. I was really hoping this was your month. I agree with everyone else - hissy fits are necessary. I also think that this WILLhappen for you. It just sucks that it's taking so long. It's not fair. You are doing everything right. I'm hoping next month is it for you.

Gtree- joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif amazing!!! Congrats. I can't wait for u/s pics and belly pics and baby pics.....

Afm - just hanging out on cd 7. First monitoring appt is tomorrow. I've been spotting bright red blood the last 3 days. This is what happened my first cycle on clomid. Not sure what to think. I'm going to ignore it and remain hopeful.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Omg gtree!! Yay!!! Oh i hope it IS twins!! I am so happy for you. Breath on us all!!

Chrissy....staying the course?

Indie. Sorry. Perhapa " what happens in vegas...." won't stay in vegas.

Ahakiru! I was just thinking of you. Glad you popped in.

Hi tf, bebe

Shell.....your kinda quiet.

Afm...9-10 dpo tomorrow. I bought a frer. Dh knows I'm testing so i feel pressure of letting us both down.....he actually tapped my tummy this morning and asked if i thought "he was pregnant.....pressure

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:45 PM

Gtree - Now that you're sorta over your shock, who all have you told?!

SKJ, Indies, Bebe, Tooth - Thinking of you.

Sherry - Fingers triple crossed for tomorrow morning.

Afm - I don't think this is going to work out. My line is not getting darker. If anything I think it's fainter. (gtree's line is darker then mine. lol) Af is due no later then Thursday so we'll see. The cheap dollar store test was totally negative earlier today with third pee. I'll retest in the a.m.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM

oh, chrissy. hoping for the best for you. i know this is a familiar road so i won't say anything false hope-y. just that i hope you will be pleasantly surprised with a nice dark line at your next testing. hugs.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM

Gtree: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Oh that is soo soo exciting!! I am so happy for you :-) Chrissy: how are you feeling??? Skj : I am starting my monitoring tomorrow with my new RE soo very excited :-) Indie: It does suck!! can i say that? yes yes I CAN... I have been venting to DH all weekend Poor Guy... he has been working so hard all weekend putting in a new wood floor in the living room for me (I hate carpet) so the only rooms in the house that have carpet are the bedrooms.. Toothfairy; i agree... I wanna graduate :-( Sherry: I have my fingers and toes crossed for you :-) I am saying a very special prayer tonight for you !! AFM: well cycle day 3 I started my clomid today... I go in tomorrow for my first monitoring with my new RE so that makes me happy... I have been whining all weekend... and I almost went off on one of my pregnant friends when she kept bragging about her pregnancy and saying I better come to her shower and she wants to know the sex of the baby blah blah blah... I said all I want is a baby!!! and she was like oh hunny it will come in his time!! UGH I am a christian but i swear!! I can't stand that phrase ... I was soooo pissed I wanted to shout "OH REALLY??? HIS TIME??? WAS IT THE RIGHT TIME WHEN I WAS 16?? IS IT THE RIGHT TIME FOR THESE CRACK HEAD PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO ABORT?? I AM A GOOD PERSON , WITH A LOVING HOME, AND MY DH DESERVES TO BE A DADDY BECAUSE HE IS ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING IN EVERY WAY!!! .... but I didn't ... I just didn't say anything... UGH I am defeated :-( ... Oh and ANOTHER friend who has been trying for 1 cycle... just anounced that she is 6 weeks pregnant ... everyone but me (that is how i feel) ... I am doing clomid and iui this cycle... if i am not pg after this month i am going for IVF ... we will be taking out a loan ... and paying it off like a car payment.. so if it works :-) it will all be worth it and I will be happy to make that payment... if it doesn't work... I will cry every month making that payment ... But i have to try ... that will be our last effort ... after that nomore iui's no more ivf .. no more drugs.. just plain old timed intercourse with a hope and prayer... But hopefully the iui will work and I don't have to get a loan ... and I get my baby :-) I also want to say THANK YOU to ALL of you for being my sounding board :-) <3 <3

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM

Thanks indie. Luckily I talked to dh and he agreed if this doesn't work out this early we will try again. So I'm calmer about things now since that was a big fear.

eta: Shell - Glad you're happier with this re then your old one. This will work. This will work! I have every faith for you!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-03-2012, 09:36 PM

I don't know why everything is running together :-( and i can't do smiley faces or anything UGH

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bfn.....

Hugs chrissy.

Gtree when do you do betas? And yeah.....obnoxious...please tell all.

Not only may you be pregnant with 2 but you are also pregnant FOR 10.

I am home now. Wrapped around dh for every last minute. Back out to home part 2 in the early am :-(....glad i didnt wait til tomorrow to test.

Hugs again chrissy....

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:20 AM

I'm so sorry, Sherry. Glad you're spending time with Dh!

Afm - would this be a "chemical" pg? It's pretty much bfn now. I'll retest Thursday to be sure.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 AM

chrissy - i am so happy to hear your dh is on board with trying again. i know that has to make this so much easier. yes, i do believe this qualifies as a chemical pregnancy. it sucks so much but i guess the bright side is no waiting to try again, no hormonal upheaval that goes along with m/c, confirmation that the sperm and egg are still able to meet... all good things. much love to you.

sherry - so sorry about the bfn. glad you got some time in with dh. i am always amazed at how busy your life is!

shell - excited to hear that you have a plan! i know all to well that fear of having to pay back a loan for ivf if it doesn't work. i get a little panicked every time i think about it. deep breaths for us both. on another note... maybe your web browser is out of date and that is why your posts come through the way they do? check and see if you have the most up-to-date browser (whether it is Internet Explorer, Firefox, whatever). it's free to update it.

toothfairy - my dream is that we move on to graduates together... i think we've been trying for the same amount of time and had our laps at roughly the same time... let's just go ahead and have our babies at the same time, k?

skj - looking forward to hearing about your monitoring appointment today. did you ever get anywhere with your research on iui timing? i have found two studies... one says that pregnancy rates were 23.5% when iui was performed AFTER ovulation (determined by ultrasound showing a ruptured follicle) as compared to 8.8%. most confusing was this statement:

It has been shown that the period when an oocyte can be successfully fertilized begins 6 h after ovulation [20]. This means that, even if spermatozoa meet the oocyte in the Fallopian tube at the time of ovulation, there still are 6 h to the fertilizable period of the oocyte to start. This suggests that IUI after observation of ovulation should be preferred to IUI prior to or even to the exact time of ovulation.

the other study says that pregnancy rates were improved by doing IUI BEFORE the trigger shot (more resembling natural cycles with timed intercourse)!

so basically, who the hell knows. sigh.

gtree - so, you know that all our hopes, dreams, and aspirations rest on your shoulders now! lurk.gif since you will end up with two babies, maybe you can just mail one around to all of us while we wait to get ours? ;-) anyway... DETAILS!!! what's going on in your world now??

bebe - missing you! hope all is well. what's your plan this time around??

AFM: 12dpo today. had a heavy heart last night and this morning. had dreams of watching other people's children play. i didn't think i was going to take this cycle so hard. i hadn't put much hope into it in the beginning. now i'm just trying to get my head straight for this next iui. last time the iui took place at least two hours after i ovulated (roughly 44 hours after trigger). i'm wondering if i should push them to do the iui sooner this time or if it even matters (see above post to skj). i also called to see if the insurance through my work was any better than my dh's (since open enrollment is coming up) and, nope. zero coverage for infertility. they don't even cover the doctor visits. at least our current insurance covers that part. it's not much but it's something. i called the pharmacy and i still have refills on clomid and femara that expire in november. so i am going to start stock piling since who knows what the future holds. isn't it funny how some doctors just hand out prescriptions for fertility drugs, no questions asked, and others (like my current RE) will not unless you are being monitored (meaning big out of pocket expense)? 

it amazes how much of my brain is tied up with infertility related questions/decisions/etc. i look forward to the day where i get that part of my brain back.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 AM

Chrissy - I'm so sorry hon. But, I'm glad you talked with DH and your are on the same page.

Sherry - Sorry about the BFN. Glad you have DH to hold on too.

Shell - Hope the monitoring goes well today. I really hope you get your baby before needing to go down the IVF path. Sorry about the other preggers around you. It's just so hard and people say such stupid things.

Indie - Thanks for the article. We don't have any MFI, so I wonder how much the IUI timing matters for us. This cycle, the timing is going to be off b/c we leave town on CD10 and return on CD13. So, I'll either not have an IUI, or we'll do it way early. I really hope this month of clomid works for you. I just read this and it helped to be reminded that this is not my fault: http://infertility.about.com/od/copingwithinfertility/ss/10-Things-To-Stop-Doing-To-Yourself-If-You-Are-Fertility-Challenged.htm

AFM - My monitoring appointment went ok. The tech couldn't get to my left ovary so it hurt to be poked and prodded a lot! But, there were lots of follies growing on that side, which is my good side and my lazy side, so that's exciting. Still waiting to hear from the nurse on all the details. We leave for a wedding on Thursday, so I'm curious how the timing will work this cycle. I'm trying really hard to not feel sorry for myself and to not have infertility define my life, but it's so freaking hard!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Gtree, congratulations!!! Oh my gosh, this is so amazing!! You must be on Cloud 9! Wow. It gives me hope. Tell me everything about how you are feeling! I'd also love a recap of your fertility history if you wouldn't mind. You have PCOS too and Clomid didn't work for you right? I want to do your same protocol! wink1.gif

Be back later for more but had to say that really quick while on lunch. Hope you all are having an awesome day!! xo

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
Old 09-04-2012, 03:34 PM

Ladies! I need your help. I had my monitoring appointment this morning (CD 8) and I have two follicles - a 16 and a 14 (plus a bunch of others). My estrogen was 263. I'm going out of town on Thursday mid-day. So, they want me to trigger tomorrow morning and do IUI on Thursday morning. I'm thinking that triggering tomorrow morning is too early. My first cycle went like this: on CD 8 my estrogen was 242 and my lead follicle was 16. On CD 10, my estogen was almost 500 and my lead follicle was 22. I triggered on CD 10 and IUI on CD 12. I don't have that luxury this month, but I'm wondering if I should wait until tomorrow night to do my trigger. They thought I was traveling early on Thursday and originally wanted me to do the trigger at 6am tomorrow morning and IUI soon after. Now, they said trigger b/t 6 and 9 tomorrow morning and dot the IUI on Thursday morning. What would you do? It didn't work the last month with perfect timing, but I don't want to trigger too early, and the IUI timing isn't going to be ideal this month anyways, so I'm more concerned with the trigger timing.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List