Mothering Forum banner

Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP

67K views 2K replies 27 participants last post by  MindlessChrissy 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone. This is a "grad thread" of sorts for us 1st cycle on Clomid ladies.....who are no longer on our first cycle of Clomid but have enjoyed each others company and support. It is also for all those who have neen lurking, following, chiming in and cheering us on. It is for a group of women all trying to get to the same place by taking the roads less traveled. We all have a journey here- some longer- some harder...we all at different times come up against obstacles and uphill climbs...and in between it all we share our fears, choices, hopes, frustrations, and accomplishments, and throw in a little bit of everyday life too.

Afm: spending the day in dd hospital room while they try to figure out what the heck is going on in her tummy. 9dpo...you would think this would distract me from the 2ww...but there is a fairly young babe next door...i can hear her and her mama talking to her...and it smells like johnsons and johnsons baby bath in here!!!! I need to go to my FRER!!!!!

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Reactions: MyKidKissTrees
#752 ·
Indie, I'm sorry for this anniversary. :( At least let it be a reminder that if you got pregnant once, you can again! I'm interested in seeing how things go with taking all the Femara at CD3 and a megadose of B6. I have a stash of Femara too, so who knows, might do the same things one of these times.

DIY, my first instinct is to not go. It's really hard to be happy and smile and see all those cute prego bellies around you. I really say no. I've had too much of that lately, which I felt obligated because it was a super close friend, but in any other case I wouldn't go. If they leave you out of future stuff then they are just a bunch of meanies!

AFM: DPO14 if FF is right, which I don't think it is because 1) POAS negative x 3 and 2) I have no spotting whatsoever. I think I'm either DPO11 or DPO6. The waiting continues . . .

#753 ·
SKJ- it all depends on how you are feelong today. I'm usually pretty good suckin it up from lik CD7- 10dpo... So in that window I feel hopeful & whatnot& generally fare well with my happy face. During AF or when I know AF is coming I can't bring myself to do it. Also I try & put myself in their shoes, how would I feel if someone did it to me. In your situatiin, with what you're going throug. Think you're justified either way. Also O'ing between 11-14 is optimal so hope for the best. Can't believe that little egg grew So quick!

#754 ·
Thanks ladies. I'm going. I think I may be masochistic. I'm feeling all sorts of down after the trigger. I think the novelty of the whole IF treatment thing has worn off. I'm not confident about this cycle b/c of 1) my lining 2) my follicle size 3) my early ovulation 4) timing of the iui. Maybe this month will be it b/c nothing is working out right. all the other times everything worked out right, it didn't work.

bebe - I think you are more likely to be 6 DPO based on your chart. But, it's a confusing one! I hope you are and your BFP is just about a week away!

#755 ·
Toothfairy, as always, excellent advice. Now that you mention it, there are times of the month that I can muster the ability to have a genuine smile in these circumstances.

DIY, thanks so much for taking a look at my chart and for your interpretation. It helps to know what you think! I hope tonight goes well for you! You might not ovulate until CD11, so it could be ideal!

#756 ·
Thank You All so much... I cried reading your encouraging words.. taking off a month was/is a big worry on my mind... what if I ovulate on my right side? I will be so upset.. UGH I just need to let goooooo.

Toothfairy : I hope your hubby made it home in time... lol jump that man!!

Indie: Yes, I ovulated on late Sunday night early monday.. UGH I am so mad... I do plan on calling somebody or doing some type of research so these people can't keep acting this way to patients!! Its just horrible .. makes me sick to my stomach... we share so much.. I too lost a baby August 22 1996... a girl ( Alexia Dean) she was born at 21 weeks ... just too soon :-( I send out pink balloons every year for her. I am cd 5 one ahead of you... and I am cramping hard this cycle.

Gtree: I will give you my old RE's number and let you go to town on them.. lol I am so excited for your ivf..I am sorry you are mad and angry at the world.. i feel ya... I have been there.

SKJ: I would have gone... I have so many baby showers i have to attend soon UGH its horrible... and I get to go get my hair done next Friday by my very pregnant hair stylist and friend.... My luck she will go into labor while doing my hair hahaha

Bebe: I hope you get to be our August BFP :)

Sherry: ?? what's going on with you??

AFM: cd 5 cramping , broken out and bloated BLAHHH I have enjoyed my favorite red wine for the last 3 nights though and a nice hot bath... I am going for the sushi this weekend ;-) I am trying to enjoy things ... but my mind goes back to if I am making a mistake or not.. oh well too late now right? Oh Indie: I bout coQ10 400 mg... how many should I take a day? So far I am taking pre natal... B6 100 mg.... folic acid... melatonin @ night to help with sleep... and now COQ10

#757 ·
Good morning.
gtree....power surge...Lupron will do that for sure! I've injected many a woman who told me so! I hope it simmers down soon, but that means its working!

Indie...get interrsting....and tell us all the details...heehee

Tooth- sounds like you've been on a roller coaster! I am always teary during af...yes. jump that man.

Shell hang in there mama. Your limits sure are being put to the test! I really hate bad doctor situations! Please do share your experience- yelp, zocdoc, health graded. It doesn't seem to change them but perhaps you can save someone else the struggle. I am so sorry for your loss in '96. That is awful. They are so perfect by 21 weeks but only in the palm of your hand. That must have been an awful time. You are strong to be going back after that.

Oh Bebe...while there is wait there is hope.

Chrissy....waiting to o?

Me cd4, and glad it came...

Also, i have been wanting to comment but hate posting from my phone:
I had 2 sil that had blatent anger towards me having my first 2-3...one claimed they didn't want kids...but avoided us at all costs...she stopped speaking to us when we announced our name choices...it turns out she had been unable but NEVER went to even a gyn her entire adult life!!! We found out uears later as part of more serious health effects...sad...she chose to miss out in so much along the way. She still seems so bitter. My other sil (dh brothers wife) came at me with open hostility! She had wanted to have the first grandchild to secure her feeling of belonging in the family. She had 2 9 months after my #'s 2&3. I had such pregnancy guilt...even at a young age. Later before ttc dealing with infertility and losd in a small town clinic and hospital i often thought it was the worst affliction. Worse than cancer crazy as that may seem because it brings such pain. It takes over....that primal pull is so strong in us...
at times i even feel guilty being here. I've had 5 uncomplicated full term babies, no losses...and yet...i feel that pull so strong! I unfortunatly haven't felt angst zbout new babies and pregnancies unless they sre related to some of the awful things i've seen at work
I dont really have a point here...i wish i did....i just hope everyone can find peace along their path...if you can...celebrate the lives of people you enjoy as much as possible. This is such a strong and recurring theme...avoiding the showers and babies popping up everywhere...the hurt felt...while i think sometimes honesty would prevail i also understand the deep privacy associated with many of our journeys....it is a tough piece of this frustrating experience...just hang in there everyone!!

DH is flying back to the states and will be here tomorrow! Lots to do!!! 17 days worth! I sure wish i was Oing now!!!

#758 ·
Shell, I so completely understand all the worrying -- what if this, what if that? You feel damned if you do, damned if you don't. What I always come back to is how many of my friends conceived without any supplements, drinking wine when they felt like it, doing whatever exercise they enjoyed, etc. I try to remember that when I start over-restricting myself from the things that I enjoy and keep me sane. Staying sane is a very important theme for me right now, and so I try not to deprive myself. I'm so sorry for your loss, Shell. I can't imagine the pain you have felt over this. This journey is one of the most challenging these I've ever experienced. I think this month off to think, read, pray, and enjoy your life will be so important to your continued ability to sustain the journey. Maybe it will be just the thing you need to get your BFP the following month!!

Sherry, thanks for your very wise insights. You are right, this is such a personal journey, and in the end, I do believe we're all doing the best we can. Here's to jumping your man for the joy of sex! What a concept. ;)

AFM: nothing to report -- didn't POAS this morning since I figure I'll get the same result. I'll do one tomorrow morning probably. Temp still up, so I definitely O'd at some point. Why do you guys think my chart is so crazy though??

#759 ·
Last night I started Gonal F (300) and low dose hcg and cut my lupron in half. Then tonight after the hcg, I realized I USED EXPIRED HCG from my last cancelled cycle. I freaked. I was so worried that I might have screwed something up. The Dr. called me back super fast and wasn't even slightly concerned and told me to start the non-expired hcg tomorrow.

My mood today was slightly better, but still not great, and I have the headache that comes with all of this and I keep thinking that it is friday and get all upset when I realize that it is not. Not even close.

#760 ·
Gtree, just want to say hi and that I'm sending you lots of luck this cycle!! Poor thing, I would have freaked, too! Glad to hear it's all OK . . . Friday will be here soon enough! So excited to see how this works out for you! Here we go!

So I took out the results of my fertility monitor (which had peak on CD10) and it totally changed my chart so now I'm DPO6. Interesting!

#761 ·
Gtree- just a worry you didn't need! It is so nice that your doctor is responsive though so you didn't haveto worry for long. Bummer about the headache... Dang hormones. Just think, it is all those beautiful eggs. Thinking of you and praying for success this go round!

Bebe- so how was 6dpo get you for bd timing? Also,I think FF goes off the history of past cycles too, so it may have been more inclined to assume you O'd at the same time as on meds! Yay for O anyway, c'mon free baby!

Sherry- yay for hubby coming home. I totally get your excitement. Also, thanks for the insight from the 'other side'. I think the difficult part for me is I always go out of my way not to be bitter or jealous or exclude myself because I know long term I will have a baby and dont want to jeprodize thosoe relationships. I think thats why it irked me so much to be excluded against my will. I'm the infertile one, I shoud be able to make the choice if I'm up to it or not, don't choose for me, ya know?

Shelly- i'm so glad you are enjoyng things. I think the longer you try, the more important it gets to take time for yourself & indulge. You are worth it & sometimes the reality check of, you are still you, despite trying to have a baby, gives you the strength to keep going.

Indie- i'm so sorry August is a tough month for you. I'm sending long distance hugs & healthy egg waves so that August becomes your month of conception & you can love it again.

AFM- i'm off to try a new yoga class, restorative yoga. Excited
smile.gif
first sign of startingto get EWCM this morning. Means O should be Friday or Saturday. I miss the days of abundant CM, where did it go & how do I get it back. Seriously, 2 years ago, when we first started TTC, before fertility drugs or acupuncture, supplements or endometriosis, I had 4-5 days of abundant, clear stretchy EWCM. is it sad My dreams are of perfect days of EWCM? Does that make me a freak? Anyway, freak I shall be.., I want my ooey gooeys back. Now. Please.

#762 ·
toothfairy -
ROTFLMAO.gif
about the ewcm! i literally had a dream where i was so excited that i had ewcm that streched...are you ready for this?... 2 feet. i was all whoa! look at me! i'm so fertile! you make me want to go to a yoga class. i love yoga but never keep up with it because i totally don't enjoy doing it on my own at home and yoga classes can be so danged expensive. but i do feel great after.

gtree - good grief, i would have panicked too! i'm glad it is all ok.

bebe - wow, what a confusing cycle! but i have read countless posts on forums from women who said that the month they got their bfp their chart was a mess and they had all kinds of questions about when they O'd... so i'm still holding out hope for you!!

sherry - yay for dh coming home!!!

shell - just keep up with your bd'ing and you don't have to worry about "wasting" a month. i've also read countless posts that talk of a bfp after a failed cycle on injectables. you could have a very nice O this month and you may get that bfp without any other interventions... it's still possible! also, i'm so,so sorry to hear about your loss. you really have been through a lot of heartache :(

skj: have you O'd yet? did you ask your RE about your concerns about possible early O/follicle size? fingers crossed this is your month!

afm: cd6. just realized i leave for a work trip on sunday (cd10) and return late on tuesday night (cd 12). so we will see if i am able to time bd well enough. i could O anywhere between cd12 - cd14. meh.

#763 ·
Indie- do you have groupon for your area? I picked up 10 classes for $49, so at $5 a class, it isn't so bad! It is a town away when I gave 2 studios in town, but the price break is worth it. 2 feet of stretch would be amazing... Ahh what other women take for granted!

I loved the new studio & the class was just what I didn't know I needed today. It was working on the heart, very gentle with lots of meditating. Not my typical sweat til you drop class. But it was ironic, when I got there it was POURING, I mean, raining cats & dogs, thunder, lightning... The teacher says, don't you just love this rain, cleansing away all our bad energies, washing away all our worries. 90 minutes later, relaxed and refreshed, I head out to my car, it is brilliantly sunny, just like my insides. I actually cried a little on my way home... Not sure why I'm so emotional lately but I jst felt like I really needed this kind of morning. Tht & thete was a sad country song playing and my emotions got the best of me. (We Are Glass make anyone else cry lately?!)

#764 ·
Toothfairy. oh yes, I dream of EWCM, too! I wish it was all stretchy and amazing. Sadly, it's not. This segues into your question about BD timing, which if my current chart is correct, would mean we only BD two days prior to O. With my crappy CM, that probably won't cut it. :( I love yoga too, and I've been telling myself how much I need to start doing it regularly again. Thank you for the reminder! It sounds like you had a really amazing class!

Indie, thanks for helping to keep the hope alive! I so desperately want to be pregnant . . . I can see it, hear it, taste it! Soon please! I beg! For your trip, I say use Preseed to BD before you leave on Sunday, and then BD the second you get home on Tuesday and that should do it!

AFM: I guess I'm DPO7? Over lunch just now (while Mothering.com was down) I re-read the Sperm Meets Egg Plan by Deanna - has anyone followed this ever?

#765 ·
Bebe - I did try the sperm meets egg plan for a few months. I don't think it does much for those with fertility issues. It certainly didn't work for me. As for the BD timing, i've just been googling the crap out of IUI timing and it seems to be not an exact science. i did once read an article about the probability of conception based on day before O and it was about 20% for BDing 2 and 3 days before O and about 25% the day before O. So, it sounds like your timing was good!

ToothFairy - Glad the yoga class was good and that the weather mimicked what you were feeling!

Indie - I really hope your Oing lines up with the days you are in town!

AFM - I had my IUI yesterday around 1pm. I think I O'ed overnight or early this morning. I have O pains, but more like the pains I have after O, not during O (if I can even tell). My temp was still low this morning and either there are some leftovers from our last BD encounter, or I'm having EWCM today. We dtd last night and this morning, so my bases should be covered. I don't have much hope for this cycle given the fact that the IUI was early (28 hours after trigger) and my cm was non-existent.

Question about supplements. Do I continue them until a BFP, or do I stop them sooner?

#766 ·
Where was everyone today?! So quiet!

Skj- keep taking them, because if it isn't a bfp you want thm still in yur system, it can take 3 mos for aupplements to make a difference!

Hoping my EWCM holds out for DH arrival tomorrow!! Opk hasn't been positive yet so I'm still hopeful, it is pretty close though..... Praying for NO flight delays, I need sperm ASAP!!!

#767 ·
SJK, sorry I was calling you DIY! Oops! Anyway, I think your IUI timing sounds pretty good, no? You had it at 1pm and then you think you O'd overnight or in the morning, right? I agree with Toothfairy, take the supplements until your BFP!

Toothfairy: Good luck on getting that sperm, girl! :)

No news -- DPO8. I'll POAS over the weekend but have virtually no symptoms. As an aside, I had a patient today who thought she was pregnant, and wow, she had all the signs, but when I tested her in was negative. I told her it was too early to test though, based on the last unprotected sex, and she wanted me to start her on DepoProvera anyway, despite the fact that I told her it could be teratogenic to a fetus! Um, no!! That irritated the crap out of me.

#768 ·
Holy sugars you ladies have been busy! lol

Bebe - Sounds like she needs a talking to.

Tooth - Fingers crossed dh gets home asap and you get your sperm on time. lol

SKJ - I agree about your supplements. Keep taking them as they need time to build up in your system.

Indie, Sherry, Shell - How are you ladies doing?!

afm - I think I'm on cd10 or there abouts. Had a "girlie" day Monday and I got my nails done for the 2nd time ever. Thinking I should have got them shorter. But, meh. Although I should have went with full color and not just color tips. Anyway, not much happening around my neck of the woods.

#769 ·
Hi Everyone!

Toothfairy - I hope there were no delays. Did he get there in time?! I cry at absolutely everything. I cried at top chef today.

Bebe - did you POAS? Any news?

SKJ - Sounds like things are going well for you this cycle!!

AFM - Had a RE appt this morning. It is first come first serve from 5:45 to 10am on weekends. I got there at 8 and the wait was 2 hours. ridiculous! The doctor was late arriving. People were standing because there were no more seats in the waiting room. Horrific blood draw, 3 people took a "Stab" at it. My US showed some progress! 2 follicles at 12, 3 follies at 11, 3 at 10 and 22 below 10. My estrogen has doubled, it is now over 800, so they are reducing my gonal-f tonight from 300 to 225... I go back in on Monday and my retrieval should be Weds or Thurs. FINGERS CROSSED.

#770 ·
gtree - Sounds like things are going along great! That's an awesome number of follies! I hope they continue to grow. Cant wait to hear about when your retrieval is. So exciting!!! boo to bad blood draw!

chrissy - A girlie day sounds great! When do you typically O? Thanks for the thoughts on the supplements.

Bebe - Ugh. That patient! So frustrating! I'm crossing my fingers for you. Hope you get a BFP in a few days!

ToothFairy - I hope your body matched up with when DH got home. Fingers crossed that this is your month now that the doc figured out for LP issues.

AFM - I'm keeping on with the supplements. Thanks for weighing in on it. Nothing much else going on. I'm not even sure what DPO I am. My beta is on August 28.

#771 ·
Gtree- Crossing my fingers that the testing is great news and gives you what you need, as for the 3 times you had to be poked, not impressed… When I had energy surgery with my ectopic pregnancy they had to start a new IV after the ride in the ambulance in the ER, well after they gush 2 veins then tried both hands, finally a young nurse looks at the 2 dunces trying to prick me and stop them both and get it done with one try! I know, we all hate being the human pin cushion…

Chrissy- We so need a girls night and to be girly, so glad you were able to do that! I had one with my 4 besties on Friday night after the Thursday night from hell… {will fill you all in below}

SKJ- here we go, 2ww!!!

Indie- I hope all is well…

Bebe- Every pregnancy is different and you may not have any symptoms right away, I never did until I was over 12-14 days past O, hang in there… Keep us posted!

Tooth- Hope you got to do the sideways tango with Hubs when you still see EWCM! But you can extend that drink some green tea, or plenty of water, keep yourself hydrated and you should help that!

AFM- I'm in a much better mood today then last week. I found out the truth that I suspected for a while, SIL is in fact prego, 3 months {12 weeks 3 days} This is her 3rd in 3 years, she has a 2.75 y.o. son and a son that is 14 months old…. She is due March 1st, but she has never gone full term because of preeclampsia, she always gets Diabetes and has already gained close to 15 pounds, she is super unhealthy and looks about 7 months prego already….She made it to 36 weeks with her youngest and then 34 weeks with her first. So in the time I have been trying she has conceived 3 children, we it will be 3, but We started trying in September of 2009 but we were in no rush, then took it up a notch in November and really got things started, that's when my Nephew was born, then at his birthday party she announced her 2nd pregnancy - she was due in June… had him in may 20th…. Then she has the Birthday party for him on May 20th of this year and get pregnant the next month…. So she will have had 3 kids before I have 1… She also ONLY wants a girl but did say that even if this is a boy it's her last….her husband which is less then trilled about 3 kids, made it very clear at many family events… Said on FB: "baby #3 is on its way in march and a vasectomy!" HAHAHAHAHA

I had a really hard time with it and then yesterday just like clockwork it became facebook official! I hate that, I will NEVER announce on FB, if it gets out by someone else, so be it but I'm not doing it!

In other news, I'm going cold turkey this cycle and for cycles to come… I'm done with taking drugs, shooting myself with HCG and getting false positives, D.O.N.E. I'm taking the approach that Hubs and I will "make lots of coffee" {AKA BD? I think that's what you guys call it right?} I'm back to running, cycling and being myself, good Ole Clomid made all of my normal activities hard to do because of the dizzy spells and light show… Yeah I'm going to be okay. They have checked my levels and every time I'm fine, I'm 10X better on Clomid but for the most part I'm fine. I need to get the thought in my head that I can get pregnant, and I will and it will be different. Each time I miscarried it was very different reasons. I have to believe that it will happen for me. Soon.

My co-work said something profound to me, and she is one of the few non-loss or IF people I talk to that can say something to me and I can take it as advice and not insult. She said "you know I'm glad your SIL is pregnant now, because your baby needs to be the only one anyone is wondering about, and if she is pregnant, then it would take the spotlight away from your new baby! And we cannot have that, this little one knows they need to be the only one people are waiting for!" Not that I care, she does but it's true, I have been waiting 3 long years to make a child stick around for the fun hubs and I have, why would I want to "share" that with anyone other than Hubs and I, family, friends, etc - Not SIL who has made my journey hell - did I mention she has known her hubs for 4 years married for 3 and kids asap, she got pregnant for my wedding I swear it was just to be in the lime light-and have a reason for being 20 LB over weight- Oh and she was barely 8 weeks, and telling EVERYONE at my wedding…… I do not think it will be an issue, but if I got prego this fall it would be perfect, SIL would most likely deliver her baby in Mid to early February and I would be probably be just about due to tell people/no longer hide it…one can dream…. I wish that so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post, sorry if I missed anyone out there…. Thinking of you all…. xoxoxoxo

#772 ·
Chrissy, any cycle news?

Gtree, so excited to hear how things went today?! Come on Baby Gtree!!!

SKJ, what's the word? Any updates on your cycle day or how your progressing?

Greenmum, oh I so understand. I can't say it enough. I really, really understand. I think you have a great plan for laying off the meds, feeling better, doing things the old fashioned way. I bet you after everything, you're going to get that BFP in the fall completely au nataurelle! So I'm curious, how do your 'levels' compare with no meds and with Clomid? What changes for you? Follicle count and size, or other labs, too? I'm reading a book right now called Making Babies -- have you read it? It's by a doc named Sami David and a TCM practitioner named Jill Blakeway in Manhattan. He was the first doc to do IVF in NY and found it to be a totally unnatural process. He no longer does IVF, and tries much more diligently to identify the causes for infertilty with more natural treatments, if possible, including TCM. I think you'd enjoy it, especially with your new quest to your BFP!

Toothfairy: I made an appt with a NaProTech! Any advice for the first appt or pretty straight forward? I'm worried that since I'm not Catholic, and have made some questionable decisions in my past, that they may not greet me with open arms. Hmm. Thoughts?

Indie, Shell, Toothfairy, Sherry???

AFM: DPO12 today; I didn't POAS this morning, but did twice over the weekend resulting in two BFNs. Depressing, but not surprising what with not having ovulated until CD29 -- what kind of egg quality is left by that time? -- anyway, probably not good. So I'm trying to look upward and onward. I re-ead three of my "getting pregnant" books this weekend, and then finally started the Making Babies book that I noted above. I think this is the winner. Man I wish I was living in Manhattan still . . . I would go to this team in a heartbeat! In fact, I'm thinking of scheduling a consult with him and flying out there. In the meantime, I am going to start all their recommended supplements, exercise regimen, food choices, etc, based on my "type" (from a TCM perspective). I also scheduled an appt for after work on Thursday with a new acupuncturist, and made an appt for Sat with a NaProTech! I really want to go the natural way with this whole thing. I'm getting more and more nervous about long-term ovulatory med side effects. Don't get me wrong, I will definitely do what I have to do, but hoping that maybe, just maybe, I can do this on my own. Wishing you all a very happy week ahead - post, post! :)

#773 ·
GTree- what was the news today?! Hoping & prayng for good response, so excited for you ER! So crappy about the wait though, I hope they gave you an appt today.

Bebe- i'm so excited you made the leap & scheduled with NaPro, I don't think it will matter that you aren't catholic as long as you will follow their protocol. You'll probably have to learn Creighton Charting, let me know if you ave any questions.. i'm not a pro but I've been doing it since March. I do wish even more that you are preggo & wont need your appt. As far as questionable decisions, I'd done 6 medicated cycles & 4 IUIs before switching & he didnt judge me.

Greenmum- sorry about your SIL but youre right it will be nice to have 100% of the attention. I try to tell myself that too. I hope youll stick around and journey with us regardless.

Skj- good for you waiting for beta!!!- making me proud (im the buzzkill that wont test early).

Chrissy- sounds like fun to have a girls day! I always second guess my choice after having my nails done though, so I hope youre getting happier with it!

Indie indie indie- i know youre away on your work trip. I hope you got your BD IN yesterday & are ready for tomorrow!

AFM- so I had EWCM on Wed & Thursday, got a pos OPK at 11pm Thursday (after a neg OPK at 6pm), still pos at 6 am, then I had ZERO ewcm... Zero... DH got home, neg OPK, no EWCM... BD anyway, had cramps on & off all day, Saturday had more EWCM (WTF??)... BD around midnight... Sunday, brown spotting, tiday more brown & some pink spotting. Not sure when O happened but hoping DH was home in time & the preseed helped. i also used an instead cup on Friday... The continued spotting makes me worry the cysts are back... That and O was probably from my crappy left ovary, again... Errr. Anyway, thats my story, 2 dpo, not feeling hopeful. Blurg.

#774 ·
oh, wow. look at all these posts!

gtree - i'm thinking of and praying for you, toooooo. can't wait to see an update from you! come on first scenic route baby!

skj - sorry i didn't get to weigh in sooner but i agree with everyone else... supplement til bfp! the whole IUI timing thing is very confusing to me. i did not like that my last (and only so far) iui was at 44 hours post trigger. but i've not found anything that says ideal iui timing either... my RE just doesn't do them past 48 hours past trigger. not sure what the earliest is though... fingers crossed for you.

chrissy - i need a girlie day in a bad way. though i only ever do pedicures. i'm just not disciplined enough to keep up with polished nails. my nails look like they belong to a 10 year old boy.

greenmum - your post made me laugh. i love your SIL husband's facebook post. haha. i'm sorry you are having to deal with that nonsense. and "make lot of coffee"??? hahaha. i think that's my new favorite euphemism.

toothfairy - what does your doc say about the spotting? i know the little reassurances can get old after awhile but i have to say, i feel like i've seen a good number of mid cycle spotting charts that have resulted in bfps. cysts or no cysts, baby is still on his or her way. but i will be curious to hear your doc's take on it.

bebe - how exciting that you have an appt with a napro doc! i look forward to hearing about your experiences. it sounds like you have a great game plan going on!

afm - sorry about the shorter personals. i'm exhausted. one more day of non-stop public speaking and then back on a plane and hoping i will be awake enough when i get home to make bd somewhat pleasurable for my dh! we did get a bd in on sunday... unfortunately it was pre-ewcm and accompanied by incessant dog barking. a little hard to concentrate. guess it's good practice for when we have kids?? oy. today i had mad ewcm! loads! hoping it keeps up for tomorrow and that i don't O until weds or so. even so, my hopes aren't sky high this cycle... but ladies, watch out for next IUI cycle. if i don't get a bfp then you will probably all have to fly out to my home and drag me out of my bed o' depression. just a warning.

#775 ·
Toothfairy: I hope you ovulated on the good side!! My RE told me that you usually cramp before you ovulate... the one ovary club sucks :-(

Bebe: Ohhhhhhh I HOPE you are pregnant!!! I will be soooo super happy!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed!!

Greenmum: I'm cold Turkey this cycle too ... and I feel your pain about your SIL ... Ugh ... It will be ok ... when you get pregnant you will have all attention on you!!

SKJ: I am so crazy about knowing my days... i wish i could forget so I wouldn't stress so bad!!

Gtree: I am so excited for your adventure... I may be next ivf

Chrissy: i am having a girlie day wednesday ... I can't wait :)

Indie: I hope you work trip is going good... I also hope you make it home in time for some good Bding and and nice big ovulation!!

AFM: I am on cd 12 and I feel like I am ovulating... LOTS OF EWCM today... I had to put on a pantyliner!! and i am cramping on my right side ( Of course I am going to ovulate on the good side, when I am doing no drugs or iui) just my luck ... so me and DH are BD'ing every other day ... no drugs this cycle... I didn't even buy opk's... just temping, and taking my vitamins and living the "normal" life... drinking wine, tanning, working out, eating sushi, taking bubble baths... I even stopped acupuncture this month....... I am losing faith in my new RE , they have had my test results for my amh since last Tuesday and the doctor still hasn't signed off on them telling me my results!! SO FRUSTERATED ... Why can't they just tell me ??!! Ugh oh well I guess it is what it is... nothing I can do to change it... I am kind of down in the mouth today... Hopefully Tomorrow will be much better... I am not even on meds and I am still moody sheeesh!!

#776 ·
Toothfairy: So I'm wondering how the first appt goes -- do they just get to know you and ask a lot of questions, or are any diagnostics involved? Do you Creighton chart and FF chart? How often do you check OPKs? I think I'm not checking enough. I'm so hoping the timing was just right for you guys! and wow, so great to hear you had good EWCM. I'm always wishing for that . . . I get a tiny bit and I want to throw myself a parade. ;) I've never used the instead cups . . . do you keep it in all night?

Indie: wow, look at you with all your EWCM, too! Get home and jump on DH!!! :)

Shell, what is happening -- you have loads of EWCM, too?! This is wild! I tell you, the three of you and going to get pregnant this cycle! Don't be down -- this could be your cycle! I know it's hard when REs, any it seems like a lot of them, don't seem to understand what we're going through. You may not need him again!! Hang in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.