Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Toothfairy - Thank you all for letting me know that you gushed on the endometrim.  Why isn't leaking listed as a side effect? Geez!

SKJ - I am sure your friends will love it when they do the math and realize you were staying with them when your conceived. :)

Bebe - do you have any idea why you O so late? Waiting on an O made me crazy, but I could wait months with PCOS.  

AFM: My beta number is in!!  209!  I'm really really pregnant.  Hurrah!  At this point, they want it to be over 50, so 209 means a very strong baby or TWINS. I go back in on Sunday and then my first ultrasound is a week from Sunday.  AAAAHHHHHH  On another note: I think I might be constipated for the first time in my life, and it is freaking me out a little bit.  Everything in my nether regions is tender to begin with, but when I try to go to the bathroom, it hurts.  Almost like I pulled a muscle.  I have no idea if that is normal.  Is it possible to pull the kegel muscle? Maybe I clinched too much trying to hold these embies in?

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Gtree- woohoo!! That is amazing! Twins is my vote smile.gif sorry about the tummy trouble though, not a good feeling.

Indie- must mean you are making strong eggs though if your LP is so long after! Just need one of those suckers to stick...

SKJ- go you for making it happen! Thats awesome! Time for the 2ww!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM

Chrissy- i agree with everyone else, a loss is a loss no matter what. I've never seen 2 lines before qnd you cant bet your @$$ when I do it would be completely devestating to lose that. Takd it easy on yourself, i'm so glad your hubby agrees to keep tryin. We all do seem quite lucky to have great men.

Another one for Indie- i nearly died of cuteness with that video, seriously...

Greenmum- sorry your endo is back, what did they remove last time? Sorry to your friend, so sad. It does make me feel hopeful about your 2 friends, thats going to be us!

Bebe- come on O... You said you,re slight PCOS right? Are you on metformin? It is so hard to keep thngs straght!

Shell- good to see you feeling so positive! This is it, we are all outta here in September.

Sherry- on the road again? I'm glad you tested when your husband was there to snuggle. I always feel guilty feeling sad around my hubby because he feels sad too and I can't make it better. He's always so comforting though.

AFM- terrible side effects from the herbs. I only drank 3 doses but I've had a migraine since last night, nausea, fatigue. I litterally feel and look like hell. I had a work event after work today and my coworker said 'I look like I'm in pain'. I had tickets to the Mitt Romnry Rally in NH tonight & slept through it. I'm so bummed but really, I was too sick to go. I am feeling better after not drinking it tonight & taking a 3 hour nap. I think I'm throwingin the towel with erbs, nt worth it. My body will have to be enough to ake me a baby. There are some lengths I just cannot go to.." i thought I could/would do whatever it takes but not this. Even thinking about the tea makes me queasy. So if you remember at all, in January my coworker came off bcp and I was sure she'd sneeze ad be pregnant. Today I gave her my TCOYF book and a dozen OPKs because she is not pregnant yet & though she started BBT (no rise last month), and I've been trying to teach her as much as I can she's just confused. Overwhelmed maybe. I told her 6 months ago I didn't want her to have to think about it, just BD for love(told her the best times) and she recently started asking more questions because it has been a while. I hope I can help, I hope the book and OPKs help. It is nice to ave someone get what it feels like to try and not have it work, for no reason. Makes me feel lessbroken. I still hope a month of opks and she will be on her way, I really hate IF. I'm really lucky to have amazing coworkers who are so supportive & get it. Anyway, keep her in your thoughts if you don't mind.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Gtree, wow!! How utterly amazing. It must be twins! How many embies did you have put back in? I told DH today that I wouldn't do it unless they put in 3. A little crazy probably wink1.gif you are such an inspiration! Hey, Toothfairy made me think to ask you this, did you do Metformin?

Toothfairy, I do likely have PCOS. I say likely because there has been some debate but I am more and more thinking it's the right diagnosis. I have resisted Metformin from the beginning partially because I am not insulin resistant and partially because of all the GI upset it causes. So sorry about the reaction to the herbs! That's not good and I would make the same call. It's enough to have some hormonal swings and to have to deal with all the emotional stuff, but quite another to feel that way physically! Blek. Hoping you are doing better. Keeping your coworker in my thoughts!

AFM, well I am on CD18. Starting to get wet CM today so feeling a smidge hopeful that I might O soon. I saw my acupuncturist today and she did a lot of new points which I think was more to relax me than anything. I don't know if I'm hormonal or what, but I don't want to be relaxed lady, I want to ovulate! She gave me some new herbs for a week, again which are probably just completely designed to keep me mellow. Whatever! Anyway, we'll see what happens. I may not have the patience for acupuncture as much as I love it. We are meeting with yet another new RE next month (well, we've been there before but it was a different RE who I just didn't connect with - she moved so now I feel free to see the guy I wanted to see in the first place, who has a lot of positive online feedback). Might just pull the IVF trigger!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
Old 09-08-2012, 09:21 PM

Toothfairy - So sorry about the herbs.  I hope you are able to sleep it off and glad that you aren't going to continue with those.

Bebe - I did metformin (even though I wasn't insulin resistant)  and it did a number on me.  I'm not sure if it made a difference or why I even needed to take it while going through IVF, but I met with a different RE who swore by it. She said that if I did clomid with metformin that I would get pregnant for sure.

AFM - First real symptoms today.  Was nauseated and the smell of raw onions is the worst thing ever, even though I was eating them last week.  

Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Gtree - What great numbers! Can't wait to find out what tomorrow has but, really, wishing the week will go fast so we can see your babies!! As for symptoms, you'll find some weird ones as time goes on.

Toothfairy - I'm glad you're not going forward with those herbs. Sounds like it would've been a bad move.

Bebe - Yay for o'ing soon!!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Thanks Chrissy!  Today my beta is 418, so it doubled in 48 hours.  Now the 1ww until we know 1 or 2.  eek!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM

YAY Gtree!!! Now I gotta ask, how many do you hope are in there?!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-09-2012, 01:52 PM

I had 2 put in and hope 2 are still there.  I just went to the bathroom and I'm spotting.  Trying not to freak out.  It is brown, but arghhh this is nerve wracking.  I hope this turns out okay.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM

It's fine. Brown spotting is normal from what I've read. Just sit and relax. You think it's nerve racking now, wait until they are born. There's a whole new set of worries and stress.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-09-2012, 02:56 PM

I still count on 2 staying put. I've heard a lot of brown spotting in he early days. Yayyy for a fantastic doubling beta, one more week til you can spread th good news!

A facebook friend announced twins due in March after. Spent 3 hours at a childrens event with my nieces and nephew. Someone remind me my baby is coming?! I seriosly wanted to talk my DH into IVF as soon as I walked in the door but so far I've refrained. The money isn't even a concern, my insurance covers it. It is my ethical/religious issues... Ergh....

Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi all.
Just a quick stop in because imiss you all!!! Life is so busy....
hugs x a gazillion mschrissy...i think we all know what its like to mourn that could be baby even with bfn's so that sure is a twist of the knife. You sre an inspiration in persistance.
gtree...i dont even know what to say!!! So so happy for you. I cannot wait for US pics...these babes of yours have a whole bunch of blog fairy godmothers watching and hoping and praying over them.

Tf- you sure do have a ton of experiences...and i so understand your conflict...i do...i love the catholic church....i have found paths i truely believe had Gods blessing that may have bent lots of rules...i understand also the reluctance to ivf as i do with my own dh and his conflicting feelings about it. I dont want to come off sounding.....errrmmm...i dunno...just a yeah that...but also i worked so many long exhausting double shifts on labor and delivery and never once felt less than awed and filled with light at the miracle of each life coming into this wotld no matter the circumstance...I truly have never felt more in Gods presence...did i say that ok? Not an opinion..i just feel you when you talk about it..

All the rest of y'alll...heeeaaayyyy

Well my dad is home at last but on oxygen..dd started at her new school...a bit of culture shock and not too much excitment but we are hanging in there...dd2 is getting big as can be and it seems to be passing fast for her. Dd1's dh is in marines and has been gone since may. He was due to come home this weekend but they cancelled his leave and sent him to combat training...she has type 1 diabetes so now i have added 4x a day phone calls to her to make sure she is ok...#'s 3&4 are uneventful...i am tired...and missing dh super bad today as sundays are our precious time. House should close soon but somehow the driveway has washed away...whos idea was a mountain house????? Yikes...and yeah cd 3 and trying to plot next o. I hoped for a weekend but it looks like we might be cutting it close...

So glsd you're all here tonight when i can finaly lay down but of course can't get to sleep

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 AM

gtree - hooray for doubling betas! i totally think you are having twins. and i agree with the others, brown spotting is fine. probably left over blood from implantation. what a different kind of 1ww now, huh? still waiting... but with a great surprise at the end whether it is one or two!

chrissy - how you feeling? i think you are a day ahead of me this cycle.

bebe - what's the status on O? 

shell - where are you and how are you?

sherry - again... so much happening in your world! how exciting that your dd is getting big. so jealous! and that has to be a huge letdown that your dd's dh didn't get to come home. i hope he is safe. here's hoping everything lines up for you for O time.

toothfairy - sorry about the herbs making you sick! and WOW, your insurance covers IVF??? that makes me want to cry "no faiiiiiir!!!!" i'm sorry you are struggling with the religious aspect of IVF. i know that is a decision you and only you are going to have to make and be at peace with. whether you do IVF or not, you will make the best decision for you and your family - that i'm sure of.

afm - cd 3 today. started 25 mg of clomid on cd 1. decided to go with cd1-5 simply because 1) might as well try every combination known to man and 2) supposedly (SUPPOSEDLY) starting it earlier can help with it not interfering with cm. we'll see. this month will be my sixth cycle since my lap and my 3rd month on supplements. i have to think that this is my best chance yet.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 AM

HI ladies!

gtree - sorry about the spotting, but your betas sound fabulous! I can't wait to hear if it's 1 or 2. I hope the spotting goes away. I had some with my DD and it sure was scary. But, I think your doubling beta is a good reassurance along with your nausea and sensitivity to smell.

Indie - Good luck with this month! The first half of my cycle always makes me so hopeful. I really hope this is your month and I think it's good that you tried days 1-5 b/c the cm thing is super frustrating.

Sherry - wow, so much going on. Glad your dad is home now.

ToothFairy - Can I ask about the ethical reasons against IVF? I hope you don't mind my naive question, I just don't want to guess and be wrong. I think everyone needs to do what is best for him or her, so I want to know what I can do to best support you. Sorry you are even having to think about this stuff.

AFM - Had a great trip. Just what the doctor ordered. I was really hopeful about this month, but I've had a slow rise, which is making me concerned. I'm just choosing to believe that I will have a baby, it just might take a while longer.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM

Indie - I also think this is your best chance yet, good luck!!!  I wonder what would happen if you took clomid for 7 days instead of 5? I never understood the timing on that, but am glad you are trying different methods.  

SKJ - so glad you are back and relaxed!  I haven't had a vacation in a long time (didn't want to schedule anything while ttc) I hope I can make it until my week off in Nov.  

Sherry - the life you lead!  Glad to hear that your Dad is home and hope that he continues to improve.

Bebe - any word on your O?

TF - Hang in there.  One of my "friends" just had twins and hasn't held them once since she left the hospital.  She's tanning, getting hair done and focused on returning to her pre baby weight.  Didn't even consider breast feeding.  Makes me so sad.  Are you on the same cycle and indie this month? I feel like the timing is so good for both of you since your surgeries.

Chrissy?????

AFM - the OHSS is back a little (as predicted) and I look pregnant, but am totally paranoid, like if I show it off or flaunt it or say it out loud that I might lose it.  So, I am wearing baggy dresses and counting down the days. The spotting stopped (phew) but I still have cramping which is a side effect of endometrim (and pregnancy).  I thought the 2ww was the hardest, now I am starting to think the 9mw is going to be harder!  PS. No sex until after we see the heartbeat.  So, after a year of forcing DH to "be ready or else" there is no BD in this house.  I think that is the weirdest thing of all, we got pregnant without sex.  tiphat.gif

Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Chrissy, sorry about the ????? above, I meant, Shelly?????  wild.gif

Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM

TF: sorry the Herbs are so horrible :-( My acupuncturist never gave me herbs or anything... just plain old acupunture... But I stopped going... i am saving up for IVF it needed ( you are so lucky your insurance pays for it) .... I am a christian but I believe God put those doctors and scienctist here for a reason right? lol I am sure you will make the best decsion for you and your family :-) I know your baby is coming soon :-) BEBE I am glad you get to go to the RE you wanted to from the start... I felt that is all my acupunturist was doing to me was to relax me... it did... but I think I would rather pay for a massage to get relaxed LOL I wanted her to make me more fertile !!! CHRISSY how are you feeling? SHERRY wow you always haveso much going on.... you are one busy lady , Sorry about your daddy :-( that sounds horrible... I hope you make you O time !! INDIE: I took clomid for 7 days ... I started with 50 mg the first 2 nights then went to 100 mg the next 5 ,,, and then started the follistem... This is your MONTH!! I can feel it :-) SKJ I am glad you had a good trip... what cycle day are you on? GTREE TWINSSSSSSSSSSSS YAAAAAAY :-) I look forward to reading your updates everyday... I am living through you !! I won't be having sex my whole first trimester LOL poor Hubby... I know I will be paranoid also I can't wait to hear more... I wanna see belly pics !! AFM well I am cd 10 and I finished my clomid last night but still on the follistem...I turned into super hormonal monster today... I sent DH to go have beers with friends cause I didn't want to go and not drink, and i was afraid I might bite his head off if he stayed at home with me... haha sometimes it is best to be alone!! I go tomorrow to get my sono and check on my future babies (Follicles) I get so excited seeing them grow.. lol I know its only a follicle but I get excited. I want a glass of wine so bad!!! lol I might have a glass the day i have my iui ... I don't lnow , I dont want to ruin anything though... I think I am just so hormonal and stressed to the max about wanting this to work out this month, I know that is not good and I should relax .. I am trying.!! also My Gramma has been diagnosed with Kidney cancer and bone cancer stage 4 ... so looks like I will be traveling to Chicago soon to see her, makes me so sad :-( I will be traveling with my cousin... she is 38 and trying to have a baby also... she had her tubes untied so she is having her iui in November, she is recovering from a cyst on her ovary ... I think that will be so cool if we both have babies together :-) well I will check in tomorrow and tell you how my RE visit went ... FINGERS CROSSED that I have lots of big follies and that I will be ovulating on my right side :-)

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Gtree, did Metformin do a number on you in terms of its GI effects? Did you ovulate on a better schedule with Metformin, or hard to say? If you didn't take or do anything, would you ovulate every month? I can totally imagine how scary it must be to be in your position right now, but your betas are looking so great!! So glad to hear the spotting has stopped. My fingers are crossed for twins!

Toothfairy: Wow, your insurance covers IVF entirely?! That's amazing. More than once? Who is your insurance company? I may just get DH to switch companies to get better insurance! ;)

Sherry, glad to hear that your dad is home! Wow, you have a lot going on. Good luck with O timing!

Indie, yay a new cycle for you! I hope this is your month! How many months of Clomid have you done so far?

SKJ: Glad to hear you had a nice getaway! You have the right attitude, one that I am always trying to adopt but am not so successful in doing these days.

Shell, good luck with the follie check!!!

AFM: I'm CD20. Had a temp dip this morning, so hoping that might mean ovulation today or tomorrow. DH has really bad allergies, so our BDing from last night (with pre-seed) will have to do! Please, please, please -- I really want a quicker ovulation!

Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM

gtree - sorry about the OHSS greensad.gif And, hilarious about the no sex, but I totally get it. I basically have a no sex in the TWW policy for no good reason smile.gif

Shell - I like your logic on God + scientists - makes sense to me smile.gif Can't wait to hear your report today. I hope you have some nice follies growing!

Bebe - I hope you got a temp spike today and I hope you can get your O to move up.

AFM - I just called my insurance to check on what's left from my $15k lifetime maximum and I was SHOCKED to find out that only procedures to "get me pregnant" go towards it. So, IUI, ovulation induction (meds), IVF, etc. All the monitoring appts don't count against it. So, I've only used up $212 in my 3 clomid cycles. I have a separate meds limit of $7500. I know that will go fast on injectibles, but at least I have a good chunk of non-med money that will remain for IVF if we need to go that route. I'm feeling so much better about the financial side of things. I was thinking that i'd have to push for IVF sooner to not use up all my insurance coverage. But now, I have some time to try other things first.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM

BEBE: I hope you get that temp rise also!! , Sorry about DH's Allergies :-( Maybe you can just jump on him and tell him to lay there HAHAHA ... that is what I would do!! hippie.gif

SKJ: That is SO AWESOME!!! very very good insurance... UGH maybe I need to push DH to go find a new job hahaha thumb.gif

AFM: Well I went for my sono today and I have 1 (size 15) on my left side and 2 (both size 13 ... TWINS?) on my right side... She seems to think that I will O on my right side even though I have a bigger follie on the left... she said it was not that much bigger and I have 2 on my right!! So I am going to continue with the follistem till Thursday night ... or I run out whichever is first.. and I go in Friday at 10:45 for my sono... I will probably trigger that night and go in Sat or Sun for my IUI :-) I AM SO EXCITED!! I really feel good about this... Please oh Please WORK!!!

I don't even want to say the what if's ... praying.gif

OH and DH got tto come with me today and he is coming Friday also :-) we have to refrain from BDing for 5 days prior to the iui soooo no more hanky panky starting tomorrow lol.gif

praying.gif For my twins.gif .... ok sorry I am on the work computer and I am having to much fun with all the little smiley people

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Bebe - Metformin did a number on me.  If I had any dairy at all I would be on the toilet all morning.  Also, one glass of wine would make me feel hung over for days.  I never ovulated on anything, not the metformin, not the clomid.  I feel like if you have a decent diet, then your body can adjust to the metformin, just make sure to build up to the 1500.  I must say, I am very happy not to be taking it anymore. :) 

Chrissy - sounds like a great cycle for you!!! Let's both get twins!

SKJ - Glad to hear the good news with your insurance!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM

UGH I keep typing Chrissy instead of Shelly.  Sorry both of you. Shelly - sounds like a great cycle!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM

SKJ: Wow, that's incredible about your insurance! I think all my monitoring and everything have counted :( I can only imagine your relief! So what is your next step? :)

Shell: He's doing much better today, so completely going to jump him soon! Still no O . . . hoping soon! It sounds like you're right on track!!! Perhaps I will try your protocol next time before jumping into IVF. I can't wait to meet the new RE and get his thoughts. Good luck!!!

Gtree, thanks for the info on Met. I've resisted it all along because I just know it's going to do the same thing to me! How are you feeling today? :)

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 PM

Sherry - Wow. You're a busy, busy woman! Glad your Dad is home and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Indie - I have a feeling this will be your month!

Shell - I'm so sorry about your Grandma. Glad you have some great follies growing. Hmm, another momma with twins would rock!!

Bebe - Hope your DH is feeling better.

SKJ and tooth - Wow on your insurance!! That has to be a load off.

Gtree - It's called "pregnancy brain". Make it part of everyday conversation and you can get away with almost anything. LOL Hope you're well.

AFM - I'm cd6 with nothing special going on. Tried to join a homeschool group and that doesn't seem to be going well.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 AM

shell - i'm so sorry about your grandma! so very sad. i am fortunate enough to have both sets of grandparents alive and active but i'm watching them get older and it just makes me want children all the more to share with them. that would be fantastic if both you and your cousin get preggo at the same time. keep on posting about your cycle. i find it so very intereting to hear what different REs say about different situations... i love that you are looking good to O two follies on your right!

bebe - i did two cycles of clomid last year before having surgery. and now this is my second cycle of clomid after the surgery, with a couple of femara cycles thrown in for good measure. i'm hesitant to do much more clomid cycles without just going balls to the wall with ivf. i know there are risks associated with extended clomid use and that has always scared me. what's the status on O for you?

skj - a slow temp rise is ok, right? especially since you were traveling, etc. i think the fact that you had good size follies and an hcg shot means more than temps for this cycle in regards to a strong O. what dpo are you now? give us something to obsess about!

gtree - what's the countdown now for the scan? we need to do a countdown. i want ultrasond pics posted, the works! i read a study recently that said something about pregnancy brain being the price paid for an entire "system upgrade" in the brain that comes along with motherhood :)

chrissy - why isn't your homeschooling group going well? also, what factors led you to do homeschooling? humor me and lets talk about parenting! it helps me keep my eye on the prize... :)

afm - cd5 today. last clomid pill will be tonight. this is not my hopeful time of my cycle. this is my, why should this month be any different? time of my cycle. my ivf consult got moved back to the first week of october since my RE is going out of the country - vacationing on my iui money i presume :)

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM

Shell - Hugs to you about your grandma. I missed it in your previous post. Your follies sound awesome! Come on baby!!!

Gtree - Loving your pregnancy brain smile.gif

Chrissy wave.gif

Indie - Despite this not being your hopeful time, I think you are sounding so upbeat! My new acupuncturist is really into the mind-body connection. It's hard b/c you want to be open to the possibility of it working, but not get your hopes up too high. I've been doing my best to take the longview. It WILL happen, I just don't know when. It makes each cycle easier. I mean, each BFN still hurts, but since I WILL get pregnant, they don't matter as much.

AFM - I'm 5 DPO and my temp was WAY up this morning, which made me happy. Here's my chart if anyone wants to stalk it. We dtd this AM and when I inserted the crinone, there was some red blood on the applicator. Tell me that means nothing please smile.gif I've decided to go to twice a day crinone since I have enough stockpiled to do that. If this month ends up working, I may just have to become and RE orngbiggrin.gif

As far as symptoms go, I'm sure it's all crinone related. My boobs hurt, I have some low abdominal cramping and I'm super tired. My beta is next Thursday, so next week is gonna be tough to ignore all the little things.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Gtree- definately blame it on pregnancy brain! Excuse for everything that I for one cannot wait to use! Any other symptoms? Sunday is your first ultrasound?! So exciting!

Shelly- sounds like this protocol is working well for you! Yay! Sounds like you could be next in line for twinsies! I am coming around to the idea that all babies are God's babies and that technology exists for a reason.

Indie- interesting about doing the clomid early. I'd think it would also help your lining, right? What monitoring are you doing? I'm interested to see how it effects your egg quantity/size and lining. I get crap EWCM and light periods so I assume my lining sucks even just on Femara, it worries me to do clomid without monitoring. I know they gave you estrogen supplements many moons ago, are you still using them at all? I'm hoping at my followup I'll get some answers on how to improve that part of my cycle. Time for your success though. I totally get you on feeling like this is the crapshoot part of your cycle, why would anything be different. However, it could happen at any time, egg + sperm could always = baby. Let's hope. I laughd out loud at the thoughtof your RE taking a trip with your IUI money.

SKJ- Sounds like you had a nice getaway. I love that you snuck in some quick private time, yay! I think my ethical issues could be worked through with a low stim protocol. My concern is I beleve life occurs at conception. I'm pro-life in that respect. However, I believe strongly that everyone answers God on their own choices, it is not my job to judge any person and I respect the right of women/couples to do what they see fit. I don't support abortion but it I'm not against it, KWIM? Same feeling I've always had toward IVF. Discarding embryos makes me uneasy, they are children in that with the right environment they will become children. My old RE actually talked to me about returning any unused embryos to he head of the cervix, which essntially returns the embryos to my body but prevents implantation I think I could work with that combined with a low stim protocol so I didn't have a surplus of embryos to begin with. I know this runs the risk of startng from scratch if it doesn't work or if I have poor fertilzation but I think for my beIiefs it is the only way I could proceed. Again, I fon't wnt Nyone to think I hold all of the IVF world to my standards, but I love my God & I am very strong in my faith. I want to raise children with the sme love and security in religion I've always felt and I feel like I would feel like a hypocrite if I didn't do as much possible to stick to my beliefs.

Sherry- busy lady! You really inspire me to be more productive. Is hubby moving to the mountains too? It is hard to be apart, I get that. I'm so happy my DH is home now. Thank you for your input. I actually have another Catholic/Christian friend who gave similar experience. God is good & all children (IMO) are God's children. It is a lot to consider anyway.

Bebe- i hope o comes soon! Seriously, I've BD 3 days in a row & I'm bored... I can't imagine a week or more of not knowing when it will come. I wish I were a sex addict, but, alas, I'm a once /twice a week kinda girl. Excited for your trip to the RE. When is the appt?

Chrissy- sorry about the homeschool troubles. Anything you can work through or will you be inding a new group?

Greenmum- hows things??

AFM- well. Think I said a lot af what I was going to say above. I researched my IVF coverage a little. I have a 1,000 deductible plus cost of meds. Inwill have to call about the cost of meds b/c last time my 900 units of gonal-f cost $600... Hubby has atleast agreed to consider it. We are vacationing next month so I'll think about things again in Nov. I would like to cycle as early as December, but that may be too close. Then I'm waitingto see if mywork is going to Cancun in January which could throw things off. We will see. It could happen anytime, right?! I had almost no CM this month, seriously, like none bt my OPKs are positive so BD we do. Sigh...

Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM

TF - Thank you so much for sharing your views. It really helps to see things from someone else's perspective. So, would you be uncomfortable with freezing embryos? It sounds like you have some options and as long as you are comfortable with the bumps in the road, it can totally work for you. I'm glad DH is on the same page. When we first started this journey, DH was not so into having a second child. That made things really hard for me. He's since come around and is obviously willing to do what I want to do, but it was hard at first. Sorry about the lack of CM. I did mucinex and FertileCM this cycle. I didn't have much (any) EWCM, but I had some watery CM. I'm hoping that was enough.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Be back later for personals.

ETA - Personals (LOL) -

Indie - You're on cd6 now? I know how you feel during your cycle. It gets so frustrating. Sorry your consult got pushed back. As for homeschooling it was really dh's idea. I just figure ds would go to public school but we really enjoy spending the time with him and it's amazing to watch his face light up when he "gets" something. I've already found some pros and cons to doing this but, so far, the pros outweigh the cons. As for the hs group. Ugh. We were supposed to get together as a meet and greet one day but it rained and it was cancelled but they did get together the day before but never sent me a message or called so we missed out on it. The contact person seems really nice but I'm unsure.

SKJ - How was your temp today?

Tooth - How are you today? Sorry about the lack of cm. Dunno if we're going to look for another group or not.

AFM - On cd8. Plan to "bump uglies" on cd12, 14, and 16 to try and cover when I "might" o.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
Old 09-14-2012, 09:43 AM

Happy Friday, friends smile.gif

Chrissy - I love the thought of you getting to see your son's face light up when he learns something new. That has to be fun! Enjoy "bumping uglies" (I haven't heard that phrase in ages). I'm hopeful for you!

SKJ - Just looked at your chart... still looking good! I remember reading on fertility friend at some point that a lot of women who got their bfps had a "W" pattern on their chart. I think it's totally urban myth type stuff but it's kinda fun to think about because i totally see a "W" on your chart ;-) how are you feeling today?

Tooth - I think the early Clomid is supposed to help with both lining and cm. I actually have never had a lining issue with Clomid (well, at least for the two cycles I was monitored on it. One of those cycles was last November and the other was the recent IUI cycle). The OB back last year did put me on estrodial but if I remember correctly, he assumed I would have a lining issue and then once he did the ultrasound he noted that my lining was fine. He still gave me the prescription and I took it. This past IUI cycle my lining was fine as well. My periods seem to have a pretty heavy flow for at least 24 hours but other than that it's light or spotting. So all that TMI to say I *think* I'm ok on the lining part but I really hope this helps with ewcm since I won't be doing an IUI this cycle. I think that is part of what has me feeling so frustrated right now. My cycles overall seem to be doing what they are supposed to be doing. I can't pinpoint any issue to "work on" so it makes me worried that my eggs are just bad. But then if my eggs were bad, wouldn't I have small follies or bad E2 or P4 numbers? Why does everything seem to be ok but nothing clicking? I guess it could be immunity stuff from endo... who knows! How exciting that you are thinking about cycling end of this year or beginning of next! Perhaps we will both be doing that at the same time as well...

Gtree - ??? How you doing, lady??

Sherry - Take a minute from your freakishly busy life and say hi again, please! :)

Shell & Bebe - What's the latest??

AFM - cd 7 today. I'm starting to pound the B6 like Toothfairy taught me last cycle :) Wondering if I will O earlier since starting Clomid earlier? Time will tell.

Other than that, I've just been deep in thought the past few days. I'm going to ramble here for a moment because I don't really have anywhere else to sort this stuff out out loud. My dh, while wonderful is so many ways, doesn't have much patience when it comes to sorting through this type of thing. There is a job opportunity that was brought to my attention this week that could potentially be a decent bump in pay and a chance to really build my resume. I have applied and we will see what comes of it. Learning about the job sent me into total contemplation mode. It just highlighted to me how much my life has been in limbo for the past few years and much of that has been because of trying to organize my life around being a mom but still not having an actual child to show for it. This new job, if I get it, will mean a lot of travel. Not international travel, thankfully, but still plenty of days away from home. When I got pregnant two years ago, I think that the mom part of my brain kicked in and I knew that there would be no way I could have a job that required travel and have a baby. And even after I miscarried, my priorities shifted quite a bit because the plan was to get pregnant again as soon as possible and travel isn't conducive to making babies. Especially international travel which can do a number on your cycles. I've made a lot of progress over the last year in manipulating (for lack of a better word) my work situation so that there is less and less travel required and more overall flexibility. But... still no baby. And more than no baby, we are now staring down the barrel of IVF. And it's a good possibility that we will need more than one go at it. So that has shifted priorities yet again to needing to get as much money together as possible. Which means I need to be open to doing whatever it takes to make that happen. But whether or not this job comes through, just the act of making an effort to get a job that will require travel feels so counter intuitive. It's sort of forcing me to acknowledge in yet one more way that I am not a mom and that at this point I can't keep making decisions as if I am. Especially if it means passing up on a chance to earn more money that can help to make becoming a mom a reality. Logically, I know that even if I get pregnant soonish, I will essentially have a year before I have a baby in my arms and at that point, I can make whatever decisions I need to make. But on an emotional level, it just feels like someone is figuratively holding my head and forcing me to look at something I don't want to look at and that something is the fact that I am not a mom and I have no legitimate reason to plan my life as if i am. And that just feels f'cking mean.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List