Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 51 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1501 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The worst part is I have to go back in on Monday. I feel so broken. It took us 10 months to conceive the last m/c and then 7 months to conceive this pregnancy. I don't know if I have any more fight in me. This is just so unfair.

ETA - also, the slow doubling can be a sign of ectopic. I O'ed from my right this month and this is the first time I ever got pregnancy from a right side O, despite O'ing way more frequently from the right. Hoping that it's not ectopic, but if it is, that I don't lose my tube.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#1502 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM

hug2.gif

i know this hurts so much. but i do have to say the fact that you got pregnant again gives me a greater faith that injectables and iui will be exactly what you need. it seems to me that your body is working fine... it knows how to get pregnant. but since your progesterone was so low without supplementation... maybe your eggs just need a little help. and i know the injectables will do a great job in recruiting stronger eggs and more of them to give you a greater chance of pregnancy. i really think injectables will be your magic bullet.

i'm so, so sorry. and i don't want to be overly pollyanna... but i know you will have a successful pregnancy very soon.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#1503 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 AM

Skj- I'm sorry..... I've been there too many times, my heart aches for you...

Bebe- holy scaryness Batman!! Glad things are better... Phew!

Sorry just want to let you know the ultrasound was okay, measuring 5weeks 2 days and according to my LMP I should be 6 weeks 2 days but I ovulated on Saturday/Sunday on the 30th of September.... CD 19 or 20..... Age thinks I'm still early and implantation was later with ovulation but u have another scan next week on Wednesday.... I'm happy, scared and trying to be positive.... Thank you for all thinking of me!!!!
#1504 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Greenmum - Thanks for the update. I think the dating sounds just right if you O'ed nearly a week after "normal" O timing. Thinking good thoughts for you for next week. And, thanks for the thoughts. I hate that you know all about this sucky thing.

Indie - Thanks. Part of me just wants to keep up with acupuncture and skip the RE since my body was able to get pregnant twice on my own with only needing progesterone. I do think I have a hormonal imbalance that acupuncture can fix. I'm curious what the RE will suggest. I really, really hope this isn't an ectopic, b/c I think that would mean having to wait a while to try again.

ETA: The more I read, the more scared I get that this is an ectopic. Apparently non-doubling betas and low progesterone are often associated with ectopics. Stepping away from google...

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#1505 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
On my phone but wanted to send you hugs, skj.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#1506 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM

SKJ, on my phone but wanted to say I'm so sorry about this news and that I'm thinking of you. Don't look at Google anymore - it's a scary place! Do you have abdominal pain? I always had low progesterone so don't chalk it up to ectopic just yet. Where's Sherry? We need her to weigh in. Hang in there, honey. I agree with Indie, your body knows what to do and with a little help from injectables, I bet this would be a success story in no time. I'll be thinking of you.

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif
#1507 of 2219 Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hi,
Skj..i am sooo sorry that this is going on. The waiting is awful. I have seen them improve after a slow start. I know the thought of an ectopic can be scary but they can often be treated with medication. Please just be sure there is nothing in the uterus first!!! I have seen a few awful stories that people were going to take the meds and at the last moment they found a heartbeat. I know this is crazy but try try to relax...you know the importance of mental balance a mantra...you have co tributed so much that way..tune in to your body as much as you can and try to listen to what its telling you. Knitting is good!! I crank oit sweaters when i am stressed!

Big big hugs!

Indie...isn't it funny that we know the cycles and sex schedules of people we have never met. I can not think of one instance in my entire life that i have announced my intent to bd to even my closest of friends! Haha

Bebe..i forgot to say i love your picture...i keep looking at them.

Greenmum yay! Im sure you cant wait til wednesday!"

Goodnight all...and afm...no idea..i think i didnt o....

And Shell!!! Use your eggs!! They will pluck some good ones!!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#1508 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM

skj - real quick... i clearly remember you having uterine cramps before bfp... i think that is a good indication it is not ectopic. thinking of you.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#1509 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 AM

Yeah. I've had cramping this past week too. The stretching kind. I'm worried about ectopic bc of the numbers and my endo suspicion. But, I'm gonna hope for an iu pregnancy. Hoping for a quick resolution to this crappy situation.

#1510 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 08:25 AM

you've also had an hsg recently, right? i think that's a really good thing, no blockage and they were recently flushed out. i'm so sorry you have to wait for answers and to be able to move on again. all i can say is it just is isn't fair. plain and simple as that. just. not. fair.

#1511 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 AM

SKJ, I don't have anything very useful to add other than I'm thinking of you. I am hoping that one way or the other, things are resolved quickly for you. Big hugs.

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

#1512 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Thanks everyone. The waiting isn't so bad now that I'm pretty sure this is isn't going to end well. In orther news, I threw my back out this morning. Awesome!

#1513 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 AM

Aww, SKJ, man, when it rains it pours!! Sorry!

#1514 of 2219 Old 10-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Geez, SKJ. Hope your back is feeling better.

Me - 39
DH - 40
#1515 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 06:24 AM

oh man. i'm sorry skj. i hope you are feeling better this morning. how did you throw your back out??

so i'm cd24 and i'm already spotting. i either A) ovulated and am 11 or 12 dpo and spotting earlier in my lp than usual or B) i did not ovulate. either scenario is just AWESOME. right? and, yes, i did break down and test a time or two or three... not pregnant. to top it off i had TWO very vivid dreams of looking at a bfp and getting really excited and just getting ready to run out the bathroom to tell my dh when my dream self realizes i am dreaming and wills myself awake. this happened TWICE. so mean. i am considering trying out a different acupuncturist for herbal treatments for the next three or four cycles before ivf. i'm also either going to cut down dhea to 25mg a day or cut it out all together since i've been on 75mg for four months... i'm a little worried about it's effects on my estrogen... i am still feeling overall pretty good but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't bummed right now.

isn't it time for toothfairy to return?? we miss you, tf!!

#1516 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm home! St Croix was beautiful. We had a lot of fun doing adventures and snorkeling/swimming/sunning... and I got my period Friday.  I am pretty convinced it was a chemical pregnancy but that is another story. Super crappy. Fortunately the sunny sunshine and wonderful vacation distracted me from all that. Went for my first u/s and b/w of the cycle this morning. I start the BCPs tonight (booooo).

I was hoping to return to lots of good news but it looks like SKJ needs a lot of hugs and support right now. I agree in thinking it probably isn't ectopic but this is all terrible regardless. I am so sorry this is happening to you & especially coinciding with the due date of your last m/c. 

Indie- I cannot believe those nurses. Seriously.... I am amazed at the ignorance and lack of understanding.

I browsed the last 84 (!!!) posts while I was gone but need to read through more thoroughly to write to everyone. For now I need to brave the food store since we have nothing in the fridge and are expecting Sandy in the next day or 2. 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#1517 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM

Welcome back TF! Sorry about the CP greensad.gif But, yay for starting on the path to IVF! Glad to have you back. We missed you!

Indie - I see your loss was also in October. I now seriously hate this month. Also, sorry about the spotting. I bet this cycle was wonky b/c of those stupid nurses stressing you out. I've read that your should only do DHEA for 3 months at a time. So, maybe take a break for now and start it up next month? I am all for finding a new acupuncturist. I believe the herbs had a lot to do with my pseudo-success this month.

Bebe - how was your OB appointment? I asked my friend about hospitals and she went to the one with shared recovery rooms, but she didn't have anyone else in her room. Honestly, I wouldn't let the shared thing bother you too much (it totally sucks!) if the birth experience is going to be what you want.

AFM - I POAS this morning (wondfo) and it was positive, but not as dark as the control line and didn't show up right away, so I'm hoping that means my hcg is dropping and I can get some closure here. If this is just a run of the mill m/c, I'll be happy since that means I can get pregnant from a right side O. Disappointed to find myself in this position again, but I know that there are others out there that can relate to me unfortunately. I just wish I could get pregnant faster if I'm going to have multiple losses. I'm hoping that acupuncture + injectibles are my ticket to a take home baby. I had so wanted my kids to be 2 years apart. When that timing window passed, I got comfortable with 3 years. Now, I'm looking at 3.5 - 4 years. I'm just worried it will be like having 2 onlies. I am 4 years older than my brother and it definitely didn't feel like that, but I just worry.

Hope the rest of you ladies are enjoying the weekend. Thanks for all the support over the last few days. I couldn't have gone through this without you ladies.

#1518 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 PM

Just got the call with my results from this mornings tests. I am cancelled. I have cysts that prevent my cycle starting. They didn't call them cysts, they said leftover follicles likely caused by so many months on stimulation medications. We are feeling really sad and defeated. My options are to take 2 months of bcps or to just wait out this month and see how things look at my next period. I don't want to take 2 months of bcps, it just seems wasteful. At the same time I can't take my letrazole to get a good egg this month because I could make things worse. So we are looking at a January IVF which means no 2012 bfp. 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#1519 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 PM

I'm so sorry tf. I really wish life wasnt so unfair for us IF ladies. I think I would take a month off. You never know what can happen. Is there a risk that you'll be in the same boat again next month if you don't do the bcps? So frustrated for you.

#1520 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 01:01 PM

dammit. i'm so sorry, cait. what a crappy couple of days we've had. my one worry with doing two cycles of bcps would be over suppression and then another cancelled cycle. i think a natural cycle is a good idea. you just never know when a bfp is going to sneak up and surprise us. though i know both you and i are a little past that level of hopefulness. i want to hear more about this chemical pregnancy!

#1521 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Indie, I'm sorry about this last cycle and your disappointment. :( Were you charting this cycle? If so, would you share your chart? I think a new acupuncture and herbal regimen for the next four months is a terrific idea! That's exactly what I did (switched acupuncturists and took a break until we were going to take the leap to IVF). I would also agree to ditch the DHEA for awhile. Particularly when you do herbs, my acupuncturist things it's smart to only do what's absolutely necessary, because she believes they compete with each other and then lessen the effects of the herbs (or any of the supplements for that matter). I was down to very little while taking herbs. Hang in there, girl.

TF, so happy you had a great time in St. Croix! Do tell more about the chemical pregnancy??? I'm so sorry about your cancelled cycle -- I can only imagine your disappointment right now. I think I'd take a break too, rather than two months of BCPs.

SKJ, how's your back feeling? My OB appt with ok . . . I think I might have caught him on a weird day perhaps . . . I was seen 45 minutes late, and then he left me in the room for another 20 minutes before doing my U/S, and then was really casual about the whole thing. I liked him, but I didn't feel like it was very personal at all, and for all that waiting, I didn't have any time to ask questions. I dunno. His wife (who does front office) and his nurse were super nice. Hard to say what the right thing to do is . . . I think I'm going to check out the only other OB in my area that promotes unmedicated birthing, and then make a decision. He was also really strange when I asked him about doing the new blood test to look for chromosomal abnormalities rather than amnio or CVS. He knew almost nothing about it, and made me feel a little bit weird for asking? Sometimes that happens when docs think that as an NP I just think I know everything and am being pushy or something, but DOs are usually much cooler. Anyway, I'm just rambling now . . .

I'm glad you are feeling a smidge better about things, and no matter what I am just hoping that you get a quick closure to this and can move forward. You'll get the other beta results tomorrow, right?

AFM, pretty much gave my OB update in my post above to SKJ, but in really good news, it was so nice to have an U/S again, and things are measuring right on schedule (I'm 7w1d today). We even heard the heartbeat for a few seconds! I'll post a pic of the sono when DH scans it.  Hope you all have a good week! Can't believe it's here again.

#1522 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 05:29 PM

I just have a feeling this cyst will not be gone by next month and we wont actually start anything until january if I dont do the BCPs but at least without it I have a chance. Also who is to say I would take the bcps and it still wouldn't be enough so then ill have 3 dead months. As far as the chemical pregnancy goes. I only brought 1 test strip so I couldn't test and test and test. On Saturday during our flight down I got a sharp pain in my uterus and that night had a little pink on my TP, then when i used my progesterone applicator there was brown blood on it. Sunday morning I had no more spotting. By sunday night my nipples were sore, like felt like they were chafed, almost burning. That continued through monday with some light cramping. Then Tuesday I woke up and felt nothing, nothing at all. I took a Test Wednesay morning, nothing. Got my period Friday, heavier and more clottty than normal (also had  a 15 day LP- 2 days longer than my normal 13 day LP). Just sucks...

#1523 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Tooth - Glad you had a wonderful and that you're back. I'm sorry about the cm, though.

SKJ - I am so sorry for what you're going through. I never ever want to see you say this again "I just wish I could get pregnant faster if I'm going to have multiple losses" I can understand the thoughts but can tell you that in reality, it f*cking sucks.

Bebe - Yay for a good ob appointment. And super yay for seeing your bump!

Indie, Sherry, GreenMum, Ms. D, Tammy, Devilish, and anyone else I forgot - wave.gif

Everyone in the path of Sandy please stay safe!

AFM - I really have nothing. Just waiting to test on Halloween. Oh and waiting on Sandy.

Me - 39
DH - 40
#1524 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM

MindlessChrissy wave.gif

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#1525 of 2219 Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM

Sorry Chrissy. I didn't mean to hurt you with my statement. I'm so inspired by your determination. When I first got the bad news both times, my first reaction was to not try again, ever. I can only imagine what you have been through. I hope both of us get pg with our take home babies ASAP. I'm just dreading a long road and another loss at the end of it. I think I just need to get that thought out of my head.

#1526 of 2219 Old 10-29-2012, 05:21 AM

skj - thinking of you today. please keep us posted. so hoping for a pleasant surprise... but if not, then a speedy resolution. 

#1527 of 2219 Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 AM

Thanks indie. I have no symptoms, so hoping number is dropping.

#1528 of 2219 Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 AM

Skj - Honey, I totally understand. After my very first loss I just wanted to quit. I wasn't so much hurt by that but just wanted you to know that's not a thought to have. Hell, my thoughts usually go along the limes of "if all I'm going to do is lose it, then why get pg at all". And it's not determination, my mom says It's stubborn pigheadedness. LOL. Many many hugs to you today.

Me - 39
DH - 40
#1529 of 2219 Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 AM

Thanks Chrissy. I get you. We have no choice but to keep going forward. Man, seriously, without you ladies, I don't know what I'd do.

So, I think I'll know my fate by 1 or so. Just abot 2 hours to go. I just had a nice long talk with my business partner. He has 2 kids, perfectly spaced to his desire. But, he was totally understanding and sensitive about my situation. It's funny, I've gotten support in the most unlikely of places and total lack of support from some "so called" friends.

#1530 of 2219 Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM

Drumroll....

Numbers are down. I'm weirdly excited about that. So, it went from 373 to 280. I'm to stop the crinone tonight and then go in again on Wednesday to see if the numbers are still dropping. It's likely not ectopic since the numbers are going down. The nurse is going to see if the RE is going to want to do other testing to see what this happened. I'm supposed to go out of town for work next week, and given my body's difficult time with hcg dropping last m/c, I'm worried of having the actual bleeding while traveling. Joy!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page