Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 72 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#2131 of 2219 Old 12-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jpack- good luck to orrow & good idea about asking the u/s tech. I like my dr there well enough but i've only met him twice. I cant say tht he really 'listened' or worked with me but when i was doing trigger/iui etc i found it so frustrating. It seems better with IVF (prob because thats hat theyre invested in). Im surprised b/c i know 2 people treated by your dr who loved her... Made me second guess my decision to stick with mine! Guess everyone has a different experience. Let us know how it goes, hope you've got a nice big follicle or 2 getting started in there!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#2132 of 2219 Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Sila- that could work. I've never done it before to know how that works

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#2133 of 2219 Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just have a sec. Will try to catch up with more personals tomorrow

I'm reading along, but my family is in town staying with us.

Glad to hear things are going well TF.

Jpack - I hate the dismissive docs who seem to be threatened by knowledgable patients. Grr. Sorry. I like your plan though!

AFM - hcg was 1.1 today. The nurse said I should come in tomorrow for the testing so that's good. The lab I had gone to originally called to say that I owe the $600 bc they did run the second test even though I said not to. They left a message so I have to call back to try to get some sort of break.

Thinking of you all

Oh and, my name is Sarah. I like the anonymity, but at the same time, I'm ready to own this journey.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#2134 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 AM

SKJ that's lame about the test, but if you told them not to run it, you don't owe them anything. I'm about to get all lawyerly on you, but I'll stop myself smile.gif but pm me if you need any tips! I get all heated over people being bullied into paying debts they don't owe! I wish you the best with that! Good news about going in tomorrow, so close to 0!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#2135 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Jpack. I'm gonna pm you for tips later. Thanks!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#2136 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Amh is down to 0.16 from 0.46 in June. I'm crushed. Doc says that could be why I'm miscarrying. No recommendations until all test come back and I can't do them today bc of the holidays.

#2137 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Sorry to be aam. Talked to dh and we are gonna try this month since we seem to be running out of time sooner than we thought. The worst that can happen is another miscarriage. I think at this point the reason for my losses is bc of my amh and maybe also bc of another reason. I'm just gonna add baby aspirin to my regimen and hope for the best.

Also going to look into embryo adoption. Dh thinks we should push for ivf. Ugh. Things just got a lot harder.

#2138 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM

SKJ I don't know much about AMH, but I'm very sorry that you are in this position. I'm behind you in trying again, I have faith that it'll work for you!

#2139 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM

skj - i'm sorry you got concerning news but for what it's worth, i'm not worried for you. i know everyone says amh is such a solid test but i have seen numerous, i mean numerous women who have had fluctuating amh and i wouldn't be surprised if you tested again in 6mths and it was higher than your first reading. my amh is .16 and i will be retesting at the start of my next cycle so we can see if this holds true for me... did they retest your fsh? both REs i've seen so far are more concerned with low amh AND high fsh rather than just low amh. low amh tells us we won't be super or even average responders to ivf meds (we will likely get just a few eggs) but fsh is what they look at for quality.... the fact that you are getting pregnant at all tells me your sticky babe is around the corner. i do think in light of this info you may want to move towards injectibles whether with ivf or iui... something to give you a chance at recruiting a stronger egg...

afm, i am thinking i will drop my dosage from 200mg of prometrium to 100mg to give me enough to last through entire lp. thoughts? w/o progesterone i tend to be between 12 -13 day lp but my worry is that at taking my last dose at 9dpo i will encourage a shorter lp and miss my baseline window...

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#2140 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 02:22 PM

also, skj, now may be the time to start dhea as well...

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#2141 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM

I"m sitting in a room full of my siblings and their significant others, so I need to keep this short.

Indie - Thank you so much. That makes me feel better. I mean, the doc did say at the last appointment that my ovaries didn't match my AMH, which is why she re-ran it. So, I was totally expecting it to be up, not down. As for the prometrium, I was told to take 1 per day (I think they were 200 mg) after O was confirmed, so by temping, that would mean starting at 3DPO. So, I'd take it from 3 DPO until about 12 or 13 DPO and if I got a BFN, I'd stop and get AF a day or two later. Though, there were one or two months when AF showed up early, even while on the prometrium. Do you have any refills?

Thanks for the DHEA reminder. Do you think it's bad to take if I haven't had my levels tested?

Jpack - Thanks. Any word from the u/s tech on checking for ovulation?

TF - THings sound to be going well. I stalk the IVF thread and it sounds like you are right on track. Hooray! Come on new year BFP!!

Sila - How are you feeling? I hope your TWW goes by in a flash. When will you test?

AFM - If the amh is the problem and my eggs are crappy, I can see a lot more miscarriages in my future. But, that's ok. I'm going to set a time limit on ttc on our own, which will include ivf and iui. If after all those avenues are exhausted, I'm going to see how I feel and try to pursue embryo adoption if I can convince DH. It sucks when nothing changes except that I have more information. And, I have to wait until Wednesday to do the RPL testing b/c the natural killer test can't sit around and the lab isn't open until then. Grr. The good news is that I have a 15 mm folicle on my left ovary and my lining was 9.1 or something. Also, my chart is looking "saw tooth", which is what my acupuncturist keeps talking about. This is why I really want to try this month too. Sometimes no news is good news.

#2142 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 PM

All sounds good, SKJ. I truly believe it's gonna happen for you, too. Just think, you're lucky to have the information in order to prepare yourself and plan accordingly (aggressively).

My estrogen was 193 and no lh surge yet (4.something), I had one 11mm on the right and a 19 on the left. I was told to trigger tomorrow evening. I feel like to have the maximum impact, the trigger should be at the lh peak, no? That probably won't be until Monday or Tuesday, Sunday at the earliest. Also I have NO ew cm at all. Any advice? I haven't really done my research on timing and so on yet. I haven't even started opks yet since I never o earlier than cd14 (15-17 usually). And I've never had no ewcm. Bleh.

Oh, also, I have little faith in today's u/s, the tech was sooooo overwhelmed and super behind- she was solo. But I did get to ask about serial ultrasounds. She said yes, she does them but infrequently. At least I felt again reassured about my understanding.

#2143 of 2219 Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM

SKJ, I'm sorry, but I agree with Indie -- it may be totally different when checked again! I'm sorry though, I know it's so hard not to stress about these things. Impossible actually. I'm glad you're trying this cycle!

Indie, I would cut the Prometrium like you said -- keep it going until at least CD15. My RE always told me it wouldn't stop me from getting AF if she was going to come, and I found this to be true. I think it's better to keep your progesterone up, just in case!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#2144 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 05:27 AM

SKJ- I think trying this month is good, especially since you have a nice follicle growing in there. I'm sorry about your AMH, but it sounds like there's still hope to get a strong egg. You have a good plan going forward. Hope the testing goes smoothly next week.

Indie- are they having you take it orally or as a suppository? I was prescribed 200 twice a day vaginally and did it only once a day (before my lap AF and spotting stormed through anyway, after LAP it was fine) how many did she give you? If you can take it til 13 dpo you should be fine.

Jpack- the u/s waiting room is full, they haven't taken anyone in the 20 minutes I've been here! I wonder what level of LH they consider the start of a surge... Mine was 1.2 on Thursday, maybe she thinks at 4.? That your surge is already starting? I did trigger with 18-19mm follicles before.

AFM- as I was saying, I've been here now 25 minutes, they haven't taken anyone new in & there are 7 people ahead of me... I'm hungry & I left my bottle of water in the car. Of course, if I leave to get it I won't have a seat to come back to so... here I sit. Thinking of you all!

#2145 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 AM

jpack - I think with clomid you trigger when the leaf follicle is over 18. Since they grow about 2 mm per day, I think the timing sounds good for the trigger. I'm not sure how fast lh rises

tf - that is so frustrating! I hope you got in soon after you posted. I'm excited to hear your report!

#2146 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi all!
Stealing a moment of sanity between shoveling!! Ugh

Indie. I used it vaginally as well...although it didnt say that on my rx bottle...that was what RE and DH said to do.

I stopped taking it the day af was do and it took a week for af to show...then the next month i didnt O!!
Man i hated that stuff....and super bfp symptoms.

I hope it goes better for you...but are you sure you were supposed to ....um...swallow it?? (Thats not how you get pregnant). Bwaaaa hahaha oh please excuse my bad to raunchy humor.

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#2147 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 AM

ah geez, i'm so confused about prometrium now! (sherry, you are HILARIOUS, that made my morning...) the nurse told me to take two capsules a day for 10 days starting the day after a positive opk (so evening of ovulation day). the bottle says "take two capsules daily at bedtime". there was never any mention of taking it vaginally... from the little bit of googling i've done it looks like you can take it either way but some people feel it's more effective if taken vaginally... so maybe i will take just 100mg a night vaginally from here on out to ensure i have enough to last the entire lp? and if i now take it vaginally... how far do i insert that sucker? i have never done a vaginal suppository of any kind...

toothfairy! waiting anxiously for an update! i bet you have all kinds of follies now!

jpack - wish i knew more about lh levels but i agree with skj that 19mm follie is a good size to trigger at. maybe next cycle see if they will give letrozole so you don't have the ewcm issue? of course, here's hoping there won't be a next cycle!

bebe - i love you for setting up our google group! i will be heading over there shortly... also, i finally got to put a face with a name! hello, pretty lady!

skj - i bet you get pg again this cycle and it's a sticky one! when are you expecting to O? i REALLY don't think you have crappy eggs... i have yet to see anything or hear anything stating amh is related to egg quality... just quantity and even more specifically the ability to produce multiple follicles when stimulated... i think you are dealing more with a hormone issue. no, i don't have any refills for progesterone. i think since i don't have a diagnosed issue with low progesterone she was being conservative. as for dhea... can you get your levels tested? maybe start off with just 25mg a day until you get bloodwork and then if it is low then up it to the recommended 75mg a day? but, remember, there is a huge range for dheas levels and i don't think there is a hard and fast rule about what is considered low... they just know that if it is high than it can interfere with fertility but it's usually only high if you have pcos which you don't... so... all that to say, i would not be worried at all about you starting dhea, even at the 25mg 3x a day before getting tested... the research is just so promising for women with low amh and the research even shows a nice jump in the amh number itself upon retesting... i'm kicking myself for stopping now... ah well. what can you do?

sila - yeah...when are you planning on testing?? i have a good feeling for you. i think we will have another bebe situation on our hands! :)

afm - dh is sick :( i typically escape getting sick as long as i'm able to get plenty of rest (instead of getting sick i just get SUPER tired) and luckily with all this holiday downtime i think i'll be ok...

#2148 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM

Just have a sec.

Indie - take it vaginally. First poke a hole in the pill with a pin. Then just shove it up smile.gif that's what my re had me do.

I got a +opk this morning. It's not as positive on the wondfo as it usually gets, but I got a smiley on the digital. Hoping I o in two says so I can cover my bases. We havent bded since the mc started so I'm worried we won't have a good chance this cycle if I o tomorrow. We managed to get a quickie in this morning while my sil watched dd in the other room. Awkward!

I guess I should start the baby aspirin. What abt more folic acid? I'm taking my prenatal and a b50 complex. Should I start the dhea today or just when/if AF shows?

#2149 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM

Hi, guys! Just a very quick message since I'm still running around with some guests in town . . .

SKJ, yay for +OPK!!!

Indie, I always took mine orally, and only just recently stopped. My progesterone through taking it orally was always perfect and it was so much easier. Go with your instincts!

TF, update, update! I'm assuming you got in by now and everything looked great!

Sherry, bahaha! You're hilarious.

AFM, 16 weeks today! Baby is the size of an avocado. smile.gif

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#2150 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM

SO much going on!

SKJ extra potent, with the wait, no?! Great job with the SIL, what a riot! Glad you could do it though. Cycles in sync, my friend - I'm in the same spot.

Indie Haha, about the prometrium... I did insert it. far. Did a ton of research at the time (thought it would help me not loose with m/c #2, totally wrong about that) but do remember reading that vaginally is more effective, though blood tests might not reflect it. Good luck, and I think you'll be right on track at 100/day. Sorry about DH.

Bebe 16 weeks, whoa.

AFM so I was so sure I wasn't about to get a lh surge because of how lame my cm was and based on "past performance" but I think you were right, 4 was the beginning of the surge, and this am I had a positive OPK. Not glaring positive, but you know, way darker than normal. I was super shocked, and listened to TF and my gut, and triggered then rather than this evening. With the delay of urine testing, I think I probably got the timing right to double my natural surge. (I'm such a geek) but the really good thing about the timing is that 36 hours is tomorrow evening, not early Monday morning. I can guarantee bd timing will be way better with the former than it would have been with the latter! So, I know you ladies are way more advanced with this stuff than I am, but I was surprised that it was so easy and completely painless! Thanks for the feedback on everything, all!

#2151 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Ok, fine, since the people are asking I'm going to test New Years eve. At this point DH and I aren't planning on going out, but I would still like to have a couple drinks at home. The earliest I have gotten a positive was the evening of 11dpo with my last loss. I'll be 11dpo (possibly only 10?) NYE. Last night I was laying in bed when I suddenly remember I had my hysterscopy last month and once again had dye put through my tubes so they should be wide open (not that it did anything for me with my HSG). My hope just went up a notch.

I'll be back for personals later...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#2152 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 PM

tooooooothfairy! i know it's the holidays but holy cow, update! ER is getting so close! baby fairy will be here before we know it!

#2153 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 02:59 PM

also, yay for triggering jpack.. it's go time! and sila, i just have the strongest feeling that you will be our next bfp.

skj - i laughed when i read about your sneak attack bd with SIL in the other room. such perseverance!

afm - getting a pedi.

#2154 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 05:26 PM

DH is bugging me to BD one last time (first time in a while, admittedly) but, quick update.
11 follicles over 10, biggest was 17.6, two at just over 16. Go back tomorrow but most likely trigger tomorrow night!! They like 3 follicles over 18 so I should be ready to go! Estradiol was 1605, lh was 3.54.

Guilty conscience- I had a full glass of wine tonight...

#2155 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

TF - So excited!!!

Indie - Never had a pedi. I have ugly feet. lol Sorry that DH is sick. Hope he feels better soon.

Sila - Can't wait for NYE! Fingers crossed.

JPack - Yes for triggering!!

Bebe - 16 weeks! How amazing! When will we get a belly pic?

SKJ - Yay for o'ing!

If I forgot anyone I'm so sorry. Hope you're well and your route is going great.

AFM - Sorry I've been MIA. Lots going on around here. Just been trying to relax and enjoy the holidays and snow with dh and ds. I'll be testing for no reason come Monday. LOL

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#2156 of 2219 Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM

bebe- Thank you for the google thread! My invite was in my Spam folder so if anyone is looking for theirs, check Spam. I would never have known it was sent out except that indie posted that! 16 weeks, where did the time go. So exciting!

indie- sorry DH is sick! Stay away from him! Any decision on the prometrium? I put it up there pretty far too, as much as I could... Also, wear a pantyliner... drippy ewwey gooies all day long. My understanding also is that it is absorbed better into your uterus vaginally (not as much is broken down by your stomach acids/liver/kidneys). But as SKJ said, it may not show up on blood tests. 

Sila- Crossing everything for New Years Eve!

Sherry- You make me laugh!

gtree- where you at??

Chrissy- Crossing for a surprise for you too. Glad to have you back!

Shelly- Hope you are doing well!

jpack- yay for trigger! Such a relief to be past that part. The ovedril always seemed like the easiest of the shots!

AFM- Have  a relaxing girls day set up tomorrow, going for reflexology massages, lunch, and then going to see Les Mis with the girls. My stomach is crampy and this is my first night feeling slightly uncomfortable. Looking forward to good news tomorrow and being half-way done this process. I still don't look bloated so that is good. Also, my lining was at 11 and they like over 7 (with Clomid it was 6.5 and only got to 8 on Letrazole). 

#2157 of 2219 Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 AM

Tfairy!!! So Great!!! I'm so excited for you! Ah!!! Oh, and Les Mis was AMAZING!

Jpack - Glad the trigger went well! Sounds like good timing.

Guilty conscious - I took Nyquil 2 nights ago... still sick...

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#2158 of 2219 Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 AM

Sila- I just read your 15 and I am pretty sure we are a split soul... My 15 could have included 75% of what you posted (except I eat meat and live in the snow)!

ETA: Okay, maybe not 75% but a good deal!

#2159 of 2219 Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Tfairy - Haha! I am finding I have so much in common with a lot of you ladies! 

You are all beautiful by the way!

#2160 of 2219 Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM

TF - Woohoo!! I hope you are so excited with so many follies!!!  I knew you would have a ton, everything sounds really great for you.  Hope DH got one last BD in, I think we had to wait until like 11 weeks after ER to do it again.  Very weird to go from all of the time while ttc to nothing.  Don't feel guilty about the wine.  I definitely had a couple of glasses while stimming and took ambien one night too.

Just did my 15, I love reading about all of you!  I am 20 weeks (told someone last night 40... guess I doubled it because it's twins?)  Still feeling good, just get tired kind of fast and remain hungry! Going to get a snack now.

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page