CM changes but no temp shift, what does this mean? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-17-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my DH and I are in our 6th month of TTC #1.  I have had a short luteal phase (8-9 days) so started Vitex this month, on top of B6 which I have been taking for 2 months now.  I have been charting CM and temp and I always have a very clear CM change from EW to dry, along with a clear temp shift on CD18.  This month I am at day 19 with change in CM but no temp change.  Anybody know what this means? Did I ovulate or not?  Could the Vitex be messing things up?  I am not sure what to think. 

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Welcome to MDC!!  wave.gif  How much B6 are you taking?  If it's less than 100mg, I'd increase that.  Vitex can definitely change your O day and I've heard, often takes up to 6 months to actually work.  I'm not sure Vitex would be my first choice with a short LP.  I personally would stick with B6 for a few more cycles and take a look at diet and exercise as well.  Because progesterone is stored in fat, if you are over or underweight, it can affect your LP. 

Not every cycle is the same or has the same fertility.  So it's possible that you are experiencing a slow climb this cycle or that your body geared up to O, but did not succeed and will gear up again in a few days.  Many common things can delay O like travel, illness, injury, stress, diet and exercise changes, etc.  You might have another patch of fertile CF coming your way.  Make sure that you continue to DTD through this time until you see three high temps.

Can you share your charts?  Many on here use www.fertilityfriend.com.  It's easy and free!  Good luck!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 5 Old 02-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I would guess it could be the vitex. You can look at my chart in my signature line...I started it on Jan 10. I had been having a lot of mid cycle bleeding and was sure that the second period of bleeding on my chart was mid cycle bleeding and thought I would've ovulated sometime around then, but I didn't ovulate for another 22 days later! BUT, the vitex seems to be working amazingly! Although this is the longest cycle I have had in my life my CM and Temps have been fantastic!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#4 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Better late than never.  I had a temp spike a couple days later after another little patch of fertile CM.  I am taking 200 mg B6 per day with no effect on LP length.  we will see how this month goes.  my temp was definitely much higher overall this month than in the past and I have always been on the low side, temps in the high 96s pre O, which I have read is another low progesterone sign.  If we dont have success this month I am going to push for a progesterone level test.  I brought it up to my MD a couple months ago and was blown off... also in the process of switching to a midwife who I hope will be more supportive.   Cross your fingers, and thank you for the support. 

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#5 of 5 Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Vitamin/herbal supplements can take a few cycles to kick in.  200mg is quite a lot... have you experienced any side effects from it?  Nerve tingling or numbness?  Just be on the look out for that.  Can you share your chart with us?

As for progesterone testing, I would just keep pushing.  Simply tell your care provider that you are charting and know that you have lower than average temps and a short LP.  Tell them what you want: CD3 and CD21 (7dpo testing).  If one care provider won't do it, find another one!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page