The ONE Thread Feb 19 - 26 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, after that crazy previous cycle of after AF spotting, late ovulation, and a 14 day lp... I think I may have ovulated insanely EARLY this cycle! Like, yesterday! And I haven't BD'd since last cycle! Sigh. My temp spiked this morning and my CM is creamy and abundant. I'll try to get a BD in tonight, as I had planned it anyway, but it looks like I may be taking an unexpected break this cycle.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#32 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

So, after that crazy previous cycle of after AF spotting, late ovulation, and a 14 day lp... I think I may have ovulated insanely EARL this cycle! Like, yesterday! And I haven't BD'd since last cycle! Sigh. My temp spiked this morning and my CM is creamy and abundant. I'll try to get a BD in tonight, as I had planned it anyway, but it looks like I may be taking an unexpected break this cycle.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

My last cycle was crazy also, it was 34 days, out of a 28-30 average, with +OPK on CD21, I'm pretty sure it was due to all the traveling and flying.

AFM:

I didn't know what to expect this cycle, but it's looking like O day was yesterday, a week earlier than last cycle. I find it amusing that I get just as excited about a BFN OPK then when I see a BFP HPT, maybe because I was afraid of O late and having to wait, like last cycle. I am so glad it is here on time orngbiggrin.gif We will be traveling by car this weekend for DD's and my birthday, so hopefully that doesn't affect implantation and fertilization. Other than that we've relaxing as much as possible at home.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#33 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all, just lurking and checking in. I think we are taking this cycle off, but I reserve the right to change my mind when I ovulate. LOL

Sending fertile energy to you all!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#34 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM

Thanks so much to everyone for your very kind messages and thoughts. They have really helped. blowkiss.gif

So strange to read about all of the wonky cycles... Maybe everyone's bodies are just re-setting for the new year and getting better on track for the BFPs? Or they're just confused about what month it is and think that it's April Fools already. I'm sorry for all of the confusion and early/late ovulations. I'm sending everyone fertile vibes!! goodvibes.gif

DoulaR: So happy for your husband's citizenship! You guys have really big hearts--you're truly an inspiration.

The discussions of the benefits of relaxing during TTC reminds me of a discussion I read as part of a Fertile Soul eLearning Series. I'll paste the paragraph. Hope it's not too long!

"My colleague Donna Huber and I always begin our “Reclaim Your Fertility” Fertile Soul Workshops with two questions for the attendees: “How many of you believe in miracles?” and “How many of you think you can force a miracle?” Whether the miracle in our lives is the birth of a biological child, the completion of an adoption, the realization of a long-forgotten dream, an opening to spirit, reconnecting with our creativity, or the conscious decision to embrace child-free living, miracles are possible for all of us. They happen when we have the courage to go to the depths, feel the tenderness of our own vulnerability, and let go. Or as Donna says so eloquently, when we realize we “don’t have to give up the dream, but we can give up the fight.”

Of course, like many PPs have said, no/less stress depends on your own personality. I'm a bit of a control freak, so I felt like doing nothing to track my cycles would be far more stressful than just doing what little things I could and leaving the miracle up to the one in charge.

Hoping and praying that this is the month for everyone's BFPs!!

#35 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM

AFM: Going next Wednesday for our 8-week ultrasound. Can hardly believe our little bean has made it this far!

TGI(almost)F!

#36 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM

AF showed her face today. 11 days late. That has never happened before. I am really bummed. 

#37 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM

Yeah, I brought up the low/no stress approach more as a query to see what you all thought of it. I'm going to try to keep myself calm about this whole process but the fact that I'm trying for my first at 34 makes me feel like I don't have a ton of time to lose! I'm finishing grad school in a few months so at least that is keeping my mind (mostly) occupied for now. It's amazing how despite everything I have going on I still seem to have enough brain space to think about getting pregnant. wink1.gif

LisaAdkins20, it sounds like everyone has had some wonky turns with their cycles lately. Sorry to hear about AF showing up.

I'm only on CD8 and wondering what this cycle will turn out to be. My naturopath started me on the Thorne brand B complex (it has a good deal of B6) to try and lengthen my LP this cycle. If that doesn't kick in after a couple of cycles I'll try vitex. Right now I'm a bit down with a cold and crossing my fingers I feel healthy when it's time to BD! I'm sure it will happen anyway.

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#38 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM

jpack Your quote is great, and so true.  it is really amazing how much it helps just to hear from someone else going through the same thing that you understand and that being frustrated isn't unreasonable.  Thanks for the support!  To answer your question I do chart, on FertilityFriend (trying to figure out how to upload my chart, computers aren't my best thing) both temp and CM, so I will make sure to bring my charts with me.  

A2E I started Vitex this month for a short LP (8-9 days) and my temps were higher which is a good sign but I also ovulated 2 days later than normal.  Not surprising I guess because it is supposed to lengthen your cycle, just hoping it lengthens LP as much as the first half.  I hope the B6 works wonders for you.  

Hopefully all the new tweaks work for all of us and there are BFPs all around soon.   I am at CD 25 right now and I am never longer for AF than CD 26 but so far no PMS or temp drop (which also always comes like clockwork 2 days before AF), temp keeps going up so I am crossing my fingers!   Based on being DPO6 but close to "late" now I have to see how long I can hold out before I HPT.  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#39 of 49 Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm sitting at 12dpo with no AF! I haven't had a 12 day LP in a WHILE! I'm excited! I don't hold out any false hope that AF won't show up tomorrow but still exciting to be back to a 12 day LP! smile.gif

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#40 of 49 Old 02-24-2012, 04:26 AM

Welp, she came nice and early this morning... soooooo Can I be moved to waiting to O? Thank ya, Ma'am! smile.gif

Ahh, Welcome NewtoTTC ... Keep me updated on the vitex. I think I might hold off until next month since AF is already here and I haven't even bought the stuff yet but definitely doing the B6 this cycle. FX for you!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#41 of 49 Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

AF showed her face today. 11 days late. That has never happened before. I am really bummed. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

Welp, she came nice and early this morning... soooooo Can I be moved to waiting to O? Thank ya, Ma'am! :)

Hope you catch O day and BD on time!

dust.gif

#42 of 49 Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHikaru View Post

Hope you catch O day and BD on time!

dust.gif

Thanks! Same to you. I won't see my husband for another 2.5 weeks, so I don't know- I might miss it! Can I also be moved to waiting to O? Thanks and good luck everyone!

#43 of 49 Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

Thanks! Same to you. I won't see my husband for another 2.5 weeks, so I don't know- I might miss it! Can I also be moved to waiting to O? Thanks and good luck everyone!

Thats what happened last cycle, I ended up detecting my surge 6 days after we BD and was hoping for a miracle. I'm not hoping for a miracle this cycle because it's either going to happen or not. good luck to both of us love.gif

#44 of 49 Old 02-24-2012, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a really full on week at school (there's always some kind of drama!) and AF was pretty awful so I haven't been able to get on here as much as I usually like to. It's the weekend here now, thank goodness, and I'm trying really hard to have a couple of days off and not get swamped by planning and marking books!

newtoTTC - Welcome to the group! Hopefully your stay here is short :) Everyone here is so lovely and supportive, and all have a ton of knowledge so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Like Stevie mentioned, if I were you I'd just say you've been ttc for longer to get the tests you want done. I understand that getting pregnant can take awhile and why they might be reluctant to test when you've only just started, but at the same time surely it's best to know everything that's going on from the get go! 

SkinnyLove - So good to see you and to hear that you're doing well! That quote you shared was a really good one for me to hear, so thank you. You'll have to update us once you've been for you 8 week scan! 

LisaAdkins & A2E - I'm so sorry hug2.gif The wait must have been such a roller coaster for you guys! I wonder if maybe you ovulated later than normal last cycle? Sometimes that can happen if you're sick, stressed, etc. Hopefully you've both had a couple of days to take some time for yourself and rest up. Thinking of you!

AFM - CD8 here and nothing much exciting happening aside from my temp seems to have gotten higher on average. It only just dipped below last cycles coverline a couple times and is now back around it. I'm going to stick with the B complex and get more Vitex because my LP lengthened to 14days last cycle so if that was the reason for it I'd like to keep it up! This is always a weird place to be in my cycle, I know that I have quite a wait for ovulation still so I'm just trying to keep my mind of it all and be relaxed :)

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#45 of 49 Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 AM

Hello all, just a quick question. Anyone know anything or have experience with long periods/spotting? Last AF before this one was the early m/c, so I dismissed that I had AF/spotted for 2 weeks. But it seems to be happening again this cycle! I had such normal, even mild AFs for a while (weird for me - I used to have long, heavy ones). But this just seems so weird - I'm already seeing EWCM but still have spotting! I'm still on Vitex and a B50complex. Any thoughts?

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#46 of 49 Old 02-25-2012, 07:52 AM

I went to dinner with family last night and for the most part it was great, but as much as I love them it was the most frustrating night I have had in a long time.  Everyone there knows we are TTC and I have never had so many platitudes in my entire life!  I turned down wine before or with dinner, when they kept offering I just explained that I am not drinking right now. "You just need to relax and have fun. Then it will happen."  You just need to have a fun night and then go home and ... who knows" "6 months is just a drop in the bucket, you shouldn't worry." "You are so young anyway.  When it is meant to happen it will happen." I just wanted to pull my hair out.  First of all, I am fairly sure it is impossible to conceive 7 dpo, so a little "wine and romantic evening" isn't really going to do it at this point. Also, I am within days of knowing whether i will get a BFP or AF so why would I jeopordize that after trying so hard and so long.  

I am trying to be relaxed about it but it is really frustrating to have my concerns minimized.  One of my cousins who was there has been TTC (I use that term loosely, has been off BC and hoping to be pregnant) for 3 years and has PCOS and has 3 miscarriages including an ectopic pregnancy but was surprised that I could even know exactly when I ovulate.  She has decided to just take the "what will happen will happen approach" and keeps trying to force that on me.  I know I cant force it to happen but I can be proactive and maximize my chances.  

Sorry for the extensive vent, just so frustrated.  On the bright side, at CD26, not spotting and no temp drop. this is a new long for me.  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#47 of 49 Old 02-25-2012, 08:58 AM

newtoTTC...   That one "it will happen when it is meant to happen" is the worst!!! A very good friend of mine recently said, "if you didn't get pregnant during that time with so-and-so, maybe it's just not meant to happen."  I'm surprised another TTCer was so unfeeling about it to you. I seem to get the hurtful comments more from those whose children were accidents, or who never had to truly "try." As for drinking alcohol... I never drink, and I honestly I think that pushing someone to do so is juvenile and rude. You can have a good time without liquor.

Okay, I'm done venting on your behalf. :)

Think Reproductive Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#48 of 49 Old 02-25-2012, 06:15 PM

I'm a little confused by my CM during This cycle, I got a +OPK on CD14 and had EWCM on CD 17. All my OPKs have been BFN since CD15, so their is not another surge. I think I read a couple posts on here of women stating they also get EWCM after O, but I want to double check and ask if anyone else is like that also... TIA

#49 of 49 Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

New threads up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1346284/the-one-thread-feb-26-march-4b#post_16891485

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page