The ONE Thread Feb 19 - 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for Feb 19-26!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

aHikaru BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

hadleymunroe

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jpack BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

keylimecutie

krunchyk

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

Lisoula

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

rikkitikki

Rockabilly Mama

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif    

SilaMarila 

skeemama

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

indie1976

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LadyCatherine185

LisaAdkins20

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Michaels-Mommy

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

hoping4just1more

mamaforever BFPChart2.gif

skinnyloveBC BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

FeralFox BFPChart2.gif

MamanFrancaise BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hope you've all had or are having a fantastic weekend, ladies! We've been helping our flatmates move out (the couple with the baby, they've moved back in to their own home now that their tenant is out and she's finished mat leave) and our new friends move in. Also we bought a new car, so that's a bit exciting. 

Unfortunately AF showed up in full force on Saturday morning which was a bummer. I haven't had a period this full on for awhile, lots of severe cramping and much heavier than usual. So far my temp hasn't dropped either which is a bit weird! Oh well, looking forward to taking a relaxed approach to this month :)

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the new thread! dust.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

Today marks my longest cycle ever without a bfp. Darn thing I'm only 8dpo. eyesroll.gif Temp is high, which is good at least. I wish this would just freakin' happen already. I'm starting to lose my patience. Over 5 years of hoping and almost 2 years of hard trying is just ridiculous.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 AM

Sorry about AF, Doularebekah! I hope you feel good about launching in to a new cycle. Hope it's a good swap - your housemates. Sounds very busy!

Myllisa, thanks so much for your kind words about my dog. Yeah, the progesterone is a real pain! I'll ask for 7dpo tests this month, I think. I do think my progesterone is low, but it doesn't seem to be hypothyroid because my TSH was low - normal.  Hmm.

Belia Thanks so much also for your words about Dakota. It was so hard, but I'm still feeling really luck to have had her and for her end to have been relatively humane. I do hope our pups get to romp together!

A2E So glad I didn't offend you! How's it going?

John16n33 belated sorry about AF. I've got to go back and see what you wrote last.

Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts and consoling words about Dakota. I really appreciate it. Other than that, I've been very busy with new and stressful work. I think we're going to try an every-other-day strategy this cycle. We'll see how it goes.

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 AM

Yes, thanks for the thread!

I had an interesting conversation with my doctor (who I love) the other day about being as relaxed as possible about TTCing. She talked about how stressing about having a baby can so easily delay getting pregnant. She even encouraged me to stop temping every morning and just BD when I feel like it, not worrying about what day of my cycle I'm on. 

Anyone here try that approach? What are your thoughts on micromanaging our cycles in order to get pregnant?

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnamarie View Post

I had an interesting conversation with my doctor (who I love) the other day about being as relaxed as possible about TTCing. She talked about how stressing about having a baby can so easily delay getting pregnant. She even encouraged me to stop temping every morning and just BD when I feel like it, not worrying about what day of my cycle I'm on. 

Anyone here try that approach? What are your thoughts on micromanaging our cycles in order to get pregnant?

^^^ I got pregnant (As did A2E) the month I "quit" trying. I was so busy with wedding planning and work and school, I quit temping, I quit taking my vitamins (Minus my prenatal), I quit 2WW obsessing, and we just DTD the as pleased... Then, BAM... Halloween baby. LOL It's really hard to make yourself stop trying though. You usually have to find something else to distract you, which doesn't always work. Once you get baby-making on your mind, it's almost impossible to give it up.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Yep, as Nicole said... I, too, got pregnant the very month I decided I was done (but lost it).... but it also put a fire under me making me realize I am so NOT ready to be done. This month we were still pretty relaxed. smile.gif Not only did I get pregnant then by giving up and relaxing but I also got pregnant with my daughter the month we weren't trying very hard (after 2 years of hard TTC) because we had an appointment with the RE exactly 2 weeks after I got my BFP. Cancelling that appointment was one of my most favorite phone calls I ever made. smile.gif

However, sometimes relaxing can be easier said than done. I'm getting to a point these days where relaxing about it is harder and harder. I'm not getting any younger, my kids are going to have a HUGE space between them if I have another and frankly, I'm getting impatient, lol.

I also think that micro-managing our cycles is beneficial too because it really teaches you A TON about your body. After 8 years of charting, OPKs and checking CM, they have made it possible me for to know EXACTLY when I ovulate every single month now without the aid of ANY of those things. I know my signs completely. I would be testing right now and wondering what the heck was wrong with me if I didn't know that I, in fact, ovulated incredibly late this cycle but instead I'm cool, calm and relaxed about it (if not exactly patient.) While all those years of paying attention to my cycle may not have been exactly beneficial to my fertility in the relaxation department, it did help me to understand my body more than I ever could have without it. So I think there's good and bad to both approaches.

jpack: Everything is great here! Thanks! I'm happy to see someone else going with the every other day approach! We are going to be doing that again next month (if there is a next cycle, that is!) and it seemed to work out well for us this cycle... except for the fact that I O'd so late but it was so much easier to maintain than every day or even every day just near O. I think that was too much stress for DH when we did that. He seemed much more willing and well, to be honest, excited. wink1.gif I just wish we could have kept it going for *2* more days so we would have had better timing, LOL! Hope it works out for you guys too!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post
Oh well, looking forward to taking a relaxed approach to this month :)

This is our first official cycle of trying and I am definitely using a relaxed approach. I deleted my FF account, do not temp and am not checking cervical fluid. The only thing I'm remembering is when we BD and when I am taking prenatals, just so I know exactly when I conceive. Last time I was pregnant I was the only one who knew my due date (thanks to remembering the last time we BD'd smile.gif) because she was measuring small for a little bit. But overall I am not managing at all, to be honest I have not been initiating BD at all this cycle, hubby's been doing a good job on his own.

I'm so glad we are starting of with a more relaxed approach and it's always a positive approach towards TTC.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 AM

The relaxed approach is a major benefit of having a live-in donor (i.e. DH). LOL

I would jump at the chance to just BD every other day throughout my cycles, and I do think that the lessened stress will bring success that much sooner.

Do I sound jealous? Hee Hee!

Have a Reproductive Day!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 PM

x588b8.png

Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

We got pregnant the first time using a relaxed approach, and I think while we're actively TTC now it's still pretty relaxed (as in, I'm aware of when I'm fertile but we don't BD every day or other day in that period unless if we're tired or not into it). To be honest, I think that being relaxed and as stress free as possible must help but I don't think charting or not charting is really going to make that much of a difference aside from to your mental health. If we all just do what's right for us, that's all that matters in my opinion. For me, now that I'm charting and aware of my cycle I'd find it hard to become unaware!

Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 AM

....and so begins the 10dpo nosedive. Barring a miracle, AF will be here in 2-3 days. Hey, at least my body is consistent. eyesroll.gif

Old 02-21-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

....and so begins the 10dpo nosedive. Barring a miracle, AF will be here in 2-3 days. Hey, at least my body is consistent. eyesroll.gif

good luck, either way 

dust.gif

AFM:

Considering I had a close call with an OPK yesterday (using the rest I have left), I'll be glad to start the countdown. Hubby just asked me last night, "is ovulation happening yet" = I want you to get pregnant... looks like one of us isn't relaxed shy.gif, hopefully that doesn't affect fertility.

Here's a pic of yesterdays OPK:

600x491px-LL-f53c7b53_photo.jpeg

todays OPK:
photo.JPG

Hoping for a BFN OPK tomorrow so I can start the countdown (the only BFN I want to see this cycle) orngbiggrin.gif

Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 AM

Hi everyone,

so, AF is now offically 9 days late, but still no BFP. I just dont know what is going on anymore. This has never happened to me before! 

Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

Hi everyone,

so, AF is now offically 9 days late, but still no BFP. I just dont know what is going on anymore. This has never happened to me before! 

Have you gotten a Blood test at your Dr's to check Hcg and hormone levels?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Can I come back? Expecting m/c soon. greensad.gif

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessChrissy View Post

Can I come back? Expecting m/c soon. greensad.gif

grouphug.gif

Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHikaru View Post

Have you gotten a Blood test at your Dr's to check Hcg and hormone levels?

No, I am unable to see my doctor for another 3 weeks. but wouldn't a HPT have at least a faint line by now? I am just so confused. I always get a little crampy, and then it goes away. Then I run to the bathroom to check, but so far- nothing! This is just so confusing and frustrating. 

Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAdkins20 View Post

No, I am unable to see my doctor for another 3 weeks. but wouldn't a HPT have at least a faint line by now? I am just so confused. I always get a little crampy, and then it goes away. Then I run to the bathroom to check, but so far- nothing! This is just so confusing and frustrating. 

A lot of us have had weird cycles lately. If I was even 2 days late w/ a BFN I'd be at my OB's taking a test. Hope you get an answer ASAP either way.

AFM:

I want to be in the 2ww already! ...just waiting for OPK to confirm the end of my surge.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM

We are on our 6th month of TTC and after months of lurking and reading I have started posting.  I am 3 days into the 2WW with my first month on Vitex and 4th month on vitamin B6 for short LP.  Here's hoping for a longer LP this time, or better yet, BFP.  I think the no/less stress approach is great, I wish I could manage it!  I end up stressing about trying not to stress!  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM

We are on our 6th month of TTC and after months of lurking and reading I have started posting.  I am 3 days into the 2WW with my first month on Vitex and 4th month on vitamin B6 for short LP.  Here's hoping for a longer LP this time, or better yet, BFP.  I think the no/less stress approach is great, I wish I could manage it!  I end up stressing about trying not to stress!  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 AM

Hi NewtoTTC, welcome! I'm in my sixth cycle of trying, too! And I'm totally with you about not stressing - it's really hard.

A2E - I'm sorry about your temp dip. Isn't it weird how the temp cycle can be so predictable?!  I was thinking about that today, noticing a marked up and down over the last couple days and then overlayed it. I get that pattern almost every month! So strange! But I'm so sorry for you about the long, unclear cycle. I was really hoping for us both that first month of extra fertility would work, and if not for me, at least for you! hug2.gif

AFM - another midwife appointment yesterday with a different midwife in the same group. She was pleasant. She did suggest I add vitamin D. I did a little googling and am not blown away by the evidence, but I'll add it just the same. And she also suggested the chill-approach. Fortunately I've been really busy so I've been able to stay focused on other things - I'll just pretend that I'm really zen about TTC!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM

I have a curious question for a hypothetical situation.

CD 15- BD

CD 18- Ovulation

would DOC be CD 15 or CD 18?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:41 AM

aHikaru... Conception is when sperm meets egg. Therefore cd18.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM

jpack thanks for the welcome.  I saw your previous post as well, have you had your progesterone tested?  I am fairly sure mine is low, based on low overall temp and short LP but my MD was really resistant to test anything until we have been trying 6 months or more.  

Needless to say I am in the process of looking for a new MD or midwife but in the meantime just wondering other peoples experiences with how long they waited to get hormone levels tested if they were concerned there might be an issue.  We are trying for our first so this is all still fairly new to me. 

Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM

NewtoTTC - do you chart your temperatures (I'm kinda assuming you do since you know your LP)? When I brought in my charts to see a new MW, she was impressed. I think they take you more seriously when you make it clear that you take yourself seriously. I did a lot of research on progesterone and testing - I also think I have low progesterone since I also have a short LP with spotting before AF. Of the research I did, it does seem that progesterone fluctuates a lot throughout the day. Saliva tests for progesterone levels are thought to be more accurate since they are more stable over the course of the day (my chiropractor offered me one -  I might try one next cycle, but I don't know if any mainstream Dr. would). I understand that to diagnose a luteal phase defect, they may test progesterone three times during the peak (6-9dpo) in order to get a clearer picture since one test at a time might not give a complete picture. That said, my MW ordered one blood test for CD21. I hadn't ovulated until CD18, though, so for 3dpo, my progesterone levels were good at 11.7. But I tested again a week later (9dpo) and they were still only 11.4. It seems like those numbers were "good enough for government work" as they say, not bad but not great. They were high enough to demonstrate that I ovulated (I understand anything above a 5 or so confirms that you ovulated) but since Dr.s like to see higher than 10 (or >15 for a medicated cycle), 11 wasn't exactly easing my mind. I also could have missed the peak, and could have been testing at time of day with lower levels, since they do fluctuate throughout the day. My mother had a luteal phase defect and really struggled with infertility, so I'm maybe a little too type-A about it.

I hope you find a new MD you feel more comfortable with. I think it's really awful when professionals dismiss your concerns. They are valid and you deserve to have all your questions answered regardless of how long you have been trying. I have said this before here recently, but every cycle you try and don't succeed, it sucks. Period. It sucks if it's your second cycle or your tenth (though sure, it carries different emotions and experiences). That was consoling wisdom that I got from a dear friend who struggled for 18 months for her first. hug2.gif that it's not going the way you planned...

Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM

newtoTTC...   With your new MD, I suggest you tell him/her that you have been trying for more than 12 months. It seems to be a rule that doctors don't want to intervene in any way until a year of TTC has passed for those under 35, and 6 months for those over that age. So, fib.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 AM

jpack: Aww thanks hon. Yeah, it's getting annoying to even chart anymore because the same thing happens every single month (except last, of course) and I get annoyed seeing that stupid drop 3 days before AF even makes an appearance. Makes me angry. I wish one of us would have been able to move on! GRRRR!

AF should be here by tomorrow... possibly today. Going to try vitex next month. We'll see how it works.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 AM

I'm trying to play catch-up, been crazy busy and haven't been able to visit! Most of the last two weeks here looks like bad/sad news. Maybe that means a lot of good news is on the way for us? 

I had a positive OPK yesterday, so I'll be Waiting To Know in the next thread. Based on what the folks with sperm count problems (we might too) have said, I decided to go with BDing every other day, rather than every day this week. What a RELIEF it's been. The extra sleep alone will help me keep the stress down, and maybe this will be our month.

DS born 5/23/10. Trying for #2 since May 2011.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28d724 • http://tcoyf.com/members/sayschu/charts/default.aspx

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List