Just not sure :/ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I have been TTC for over a year now. Both of our doctors decided to put us on Clomid and we are in our first cycle right now. 3DPO I had an extreme cramp in my lower abdomen. The only way to describe it is it felt like I had been working out and pulled a muscle. I've never experienced this before and since we are TTC I pay very close attention to my body. I have had a few feelings of heaviness as if my insides are about to fall out of my lady parts as well. I hate to chalk these feelings up because we are always disappointed but these symptoms are new to me and I just wasn't sure if it had something to do with the Clomid or if anybody that has been pg has experienced these feelings. Thank you for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM

I've heard that clomid always gives pregnancy symptoms, how many DPO (days past ovulation) are you?

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

I'll be 6 DPO tomorrow.  I've heard it causes breast tenderness but never the lower abdominal pain.

#4 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 AM

test in 4 days if AF doesn't come, good luck.

dust.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#5 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I posted this in your double posted post:

Quote:
Well to MDC!!  wave.gif  Please check out the clomid threads and checking out the experiences other women are having on clomid.  I think one is called "First cycle on clomid" and the other is called "taking the scenic route to a bfp."  I hope you get some great support and advice!  Good luck!

As for testing, how did you confirm ovulation?  If you are 5dpo today, I would suggest waiting to test until at least 11dpo with most accurate results at 12-14dpo.  But again, this is dependent on knowing when you O'd.  Be sure to get a pink dye, non +/- test that only requires an hCG level of 25.  First Response Early Response is a good choice, but many generic store brands and dollar store tests work fine as well.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#6 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

I used an OPK. I have a longer LP than most because of my progesterone being so high. My OB/GYN said because of this I really should wait until 12-14 DPO. Like I said this is my first cycle and I'm a little clueless so I like to hear other people's experiences with Clomid. 

#7 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 AM

OPK's tell you when you are gearing up to O, but generally you ovulate within 24-36 hours AFTER your last positive OPK.  And OPK's cannot confirm O, only temping (or an ultrasound) can do that.  Your body can gear up and not succeed, gearing up again a few days later.  But, assuming you did O after your OPK+ and you are now 5 days past it, then it is more likely that you are only 3 or 4dpo today.  So definitely wait to test.  How long your luteal phase is does not affect when you can test.  Implantation occurs between 6 and 12dpo and 84% of the time between 8 and 10dpo.  Generally the embryo needs a day or two after implantation to build up enough hCG to test positive on an HPT.  So that is why a lot of women get accurate results at 10-12dpo, but could get results earlier if implantation occurred earlier or would need to wait until 14dpo if implantation occurred late.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#8 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Have you used Clomid before or are you using it now? I can test everything in my body, but unless God decides it's time for a child none of it really matters. I just want to know some symptoms that other women using Clomid have experienced. My body has let me down so many times in the past, and since I'm feeling different things I just want to know if anyone else has had these feelings and whether they were actually pregnant or they were just feeling side affects. I appreciate all of that knowledge on the OPK's, but it's just not the answers I'm looking for right now. I now know that if this cycle isn't successful then I will be well-equipped for next time!

#9 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkins410 View Post

I just want to know some symptoms that other women using Clomid have experienced. My body has let me down so many times in the past, and since I'm feeling different things I just want to know if anyone else has had these feelings and whether they were actually pregnant or they were just feeling side affects.

Definitely check out the threads I mentioned above.  There is an entire group of women on clomid that are chit chatting about their journey in these threads.  You will likely find your answers there.

Quote:
I can test everything in my body, but unless God decides it's time for a child none of it really matters.... I appreciate all of that knowledge on the OPK's, but it's just not the answers I'm looking for right now. I now know that if this cycle isn't successful then I will be well-equipped for next time!

Well, I personally believe in pursuing research, tools, information, etc. in order to accomplish anything.  I feel that the more you know the better equipped your are for dealing with issues as they arise.  Knowing how many dpo you truly are will affect when you will get accurate results on an HPT and I imagine that will be important to you as you prepare to test this cycle.  And charting could help you as well (if you don't already).  Just post if you'd like more information.  Otherwise, good luck to you!  I hope you get your BFP soon!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page