photo.JPG

^ CD 25 ^

photo.JPG

^ CD 26 ^

photo.JPG

^ CD 27 ^

photo.JPG

^ CD 28 ^

*test line on left, control on right. CD 10, 17 & 18 (neg)

April CD16:

9745b0b7a.jpg.png

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#2 of 42 Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That looks positive to me.  Just remember that you will likely ovulate within 24-36 hours of your peak OPK+, so keep DTD for several days after your last positive.  Also keep in mind that OPK's cannot confirm ovulation, just that your body is gearing up to O.  Only temping will confirm O for you.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 42 Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

That looks positive to me.  Just remember that you will likely ovulate within 24-36 hours of your peak OPK+, so keep DTD for several days after your last positive.  Also keep in mind that OPK's cannot confirm ovulation, just that your body is gearing up to O.  Only temping will confirm O for you.

thanks for the info smile.gif didn't know ovulation could happen when the test is negative after a positive.

#4 of 42 Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

lurk.gif

#5 of 42 Old 02-22-2012, 10:03 AM

CD14 looks darker than the previous two.  So unless you get a darker or equally dark line tomorrow this may be your peak day.  Keep DTD everyday if you can for several more days b/c keep in mind that your peak OPK day is NOT necessarily your peak fertile day.  That is usually 1-2 days after your peak OPK+.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#6 of 42 Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

CD15

*hoping for some BFN OPK's CD 16-17 smile.gif, then i'll start the 2WW on Sunday orngbiggrin.gif, a little tempted to get a 7 pack of OPK's to reconfirm (due to +OPK on CD21 last month).

#7 of 42 Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 AM

CD16 looks negative to me!  So assume you are ovulating sometime today or tomorrow!  Get on that BDing!!

#8 of 42 Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

*took CD16 40 minutes earlier today because I have been really thirsty the past 12 hours, which equals frequent trips to the bathroom. I have 1 OPK left for tomorrow, then I will start the 2WW on Sunday, my birthday orngbiggrin.gif

#9 of 42 Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

*CD19

I'm a little upset today, I had EWCM on CD 17-18 w/ -OPKS, today looks like a positive and our timing wasn't the best, i'm a little bummed. We're still going to try, but I'm not that hopeful anymore. 

#10 of 42 Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Yeah, that looks positive to me.  This is where temping is very helpful b/c you don't know if you did O with that first surge or not.  This could be a second surge b/c O did not succeed previously.  Or this could be a random positive as sometimes happens with OPK's.  Whatever the cause, you don't know, so get on the BDing again!  Remember, the day of the positive is likely the day prior to ovulation so you have got time to catch O-1, O, and O+1 just fine if O hasn't already happened.

#11 of 42 Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yeah, that looks positive to me.  This is where temping is very helpful b/c you don't know if you did O with that first surge or not.  This could be a second surge b/c O did not succeed previously.  Or this could be a random positive as sometimes happens with OPK's.  Whatever the cause, you don't know, so get on the BDing again!  Remember, the day of the positive is likely the day prior to ovulation so you have got time to catch O-1, O, and O+1 just fine if O hasn't already happened.

*Think I missed the surgemecry.gif, will test w/ OPK tomorrow morning.

#12 of 42 Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

CD20

Got the result I was hoping for smile.gif

#13 of 42 Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 AM

Just keep DTD!

#14 of 42 Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

CD21:

Looks negative to me.

fingersx.gif

#15 of 42 Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

CD22, darker than CD 21, may get a true positive tomorrow. 

#16 of 42 Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Temping would be so helpful...  what is your CF doing?

#17 of 42 Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Temping would be so helpful...  what is your CF doing?

My cycles are 34 days, ovulated on CD21 (w/EWCM) and my LP was 14 days last cycle, I finally stopped seeing dark lines CD26/27. I've considered the thought that I O on CD14 (like we previously thought), which would make me 8DPO... which I doubt... or maybe CD11, since I didn't test that day and had a -OPK on CD10.. still doubt it though. 

This cycle I got EWCM on CD17-18 w/+OPK on CD 19, now I have WCM and CCM (which is normal for me)

So right now I'm just going to assume CD20 was O day and compare the next couple days.

#18 of 42 Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

CD23 looks lighter than yesterday, but looking at the picture, it kinda looks positive... hoping for a negative soon.

... it's interesting that each day the control and test line have similar coloring. 

#19 of 42 Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM

And here's the thing... you may have ovulated days ago and you're just one of these people that OPK's don't work for. But you don't know, so just keep DTD!

#20 of 42 Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

And here's the thing... you may have ovulated days ago and you're just one of these people that OPK's don't work for. But you don't know, so just keep DTD!

Never heard of that, but definitely might be a possibility considering my hormones are obviously high. I wasn't planning on using them next cycle, so we are just sticking to DTD smile.gif

#21 of 42 Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHikaru View Post

Never heard of that, but definitely might be a possibility considering my hormones are obviously high.

OPK's are often unreliable for many women.  Some never get positives, some get positives for days on end (like you) and others get positives at totally random times.  They can get expensive and they can't even confirm O for you anyway.  So while they can be pretty effective for some women- just turning up positive one or two days with obvious fertile CF at the same time- they are sort of useless for others, just causing frustration. 

If you and your dh are fine DTD for weeks on end and you don't mind not knowing when to test or expect AF then it really isn't an issue.  I just know, for me, that dh and I got pretty tired of continuous BDing in an attempt to catch my delayed O cycle after cycle.  Pretty soon it became a chore for us and was more stressful.  Charting can help with that b/c you can better pinpoint the phases of your cycle and focus your BDing just in the fertile time.

#22 of 42 Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

CD24

wasn't going to post today.. but I finally got a positive OPK, now I'm just hoping a 11 day LP is long enough (based on my 35 day cycle last month). 

#23 of 42 Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Please keep in mind that this is very likely NOT your O day.  Your O day is much more likely to be tomorrow and might even be the day after that.  So you can't start counting days today UNLESS your CF is obviously fertile today and dry tomorrow.  Then you would know that the egg was released already.  But most likely you will continue to have fertile CF tomorrow as well and that indicates that O is happening that day or the next.  Hopefully you will have a longer cycle than usual so that your LP is long enough.  Keep DTD today, tomorrow, and the next day at the least!

#24 of 42 Old 03-03-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Please keep in mind that this is very likely NOT your O day.  Your O day is much more likely to be tomorrow and might even be the day after that.  So you can't start counting days today UNLESS your CF is obviously fertile today and dry tomorrow.  Then you would know that the egg was released already.  But most likely you will continue to have fertile CF tomorrow as well and that indicates that O is happening that day or the next.  Hopefully you will have a longer cycle than usual so that your LP is long enough.  Keep DTD today, tomorrow, and the next day at the least!

I had a little bit of (TMI) thick white EWCM last night, which actually reminded me of when I was pregnant with DD, but I am now thinking it was fertile CM. I don't have CM on the days we BD, so that is something that I know I won't see. Increased amounts of all types of CM is a sign of pregnancy for me, so being dry would be a bad sign greensad.gif Besides all that, I did have AF symptoms today (but obviously AF isn't coming)... so now I'm finally waiting for that -OPK, but for now we will continue DTD and I probably won't do a HPT till around my expected AF.

#25 of 42 Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHikaru View Post

I don't have CM on the days we BD, so that is something that I know I won't see.

What do you mean?  If you're having trouble determining what is EW and what is semen, there are some tricks for that if you're interested.

#26 of 42 Old 03-04-2012, 04:27 PM

INTERESTED....????

Quote:

What do you mean?  If you're having trouble determining what is EW and what is semen, there are some tricks for that if you're interested.

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#27 of 42 Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmumma View Post

INTERESTED....????

Does this mean you're interested in hearing the tricks?  confused.gif  All caps seemed like a lot of excitement for info about semen vs eggwhite CF!  lol.gif

#28 of 42 Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Does this mean you're interested in hearing the tricks?  confused.gif  All caps seemed like a lot of excitement for info about semen vs eggwhite CF!  lol.gif

I think that is a yes for travelmumma smile.gif

CD 26

looks like this is going to be a long cycle, today's test is negative, but darker than yesterdays (CD25) negative. 

#29 of 42 Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Ha ha yes sorry, I am interested in learning the tricks

wow I am really surprised at your OPK progression! After my two positives it goes straight down hill.... So I stopped testing, now wondering if I should have kept going? 

Does your cm match any of your results?

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#30 of 42 Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmumma View Post

Ha ha yes sorry, I am interested in learning the tricks

wow I am really surprised at your OPK progression! After my two positives it goes straight down hill.... So I stopped testing, now wondering if I should have kept going? 

Does your cm match any of your results?

The same thing that happened to you this cycle (two positives at different times) happened to me last cycle, so that's why I have been testing every day this cycle. CM doesn't really match my 2/3 positives this month, I had EWCM the day before CD19 and CD 24. 

...got home and just had some EWCM, this is def going to be a long cycle.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page