OPK - what time of the day? [cross post in infertility] - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive > OPK - what time of the day? [cross post in infertility]
MsDolphin's Avatar MsDolphin 05:58 PM 02-21-2012

OPK - what time of the day?

A friend suggested I try using OPK, cause it worked for her. I read through the directions and don't see anything about the best time of the day to test.

sherryvhkb's Avatar sherryvhkb 06:53 PM 02-21-2012
Hey you!! Most say NOT FMU- but same time each day- after holding it for 4 hours without a lot of fluid. My clearblue easy digitals are the only ones ive seen say fmu is ok. Furthermore- some people have a short surge- so testing only every 24 hours may miss it. I test svery 12 hours. I did not like the regular. Test strips. As it leaves it all up to interpretation of what line is darker. It drove me crazy!!!! Good luck
aHikaru's Avatar aHikaru 07:24 PM 02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post

OPK - what time of the day?

A friend suggested I try using OPK, cause it worked for her. I read through the directions and don't see anything about the best time of the day to test.

SMU, 10-11am, works best for me.

Jaimee's Avatar Jaimee 08:13 AM 02-22-2012

LH tends to surge in the afternoon, so a lot of women actually test in the late afternoon/early evening.  As you approach your peak you may want to do as Sherry suggested and test twice a day.

But keep in mind that OPK's are not very reliable for a lot of women- never turning positive, turning positive for days on end or turning up positive at random times in the cycle.  Plus they cannot confirm O, just that your body is gearing up to O.  Your body can gear up,  not succeed, and then gear up again a few days or even weeks later.  This is where temping can be very helpful.  If you'd like more information on charting your temp and cervical fluid, just post!  Good luck!

MsDolphin's Avatar MsDolphin 11:42 AM 02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryvhkb View Post

Hey you!! Most say NOT FMU- but same time each day- after holding it for 4 hours without a lot of fluid. My clearblue easy digitals are the only ones ive seen say fmu is ok. Furthermore- some people have a short surge- so testing only every 24 hours may miss it. I test svery 12 hours. I did not like the regular. Test strips. As it leaves it all up to interpretation of what line is darker. It drove me crazy!!!! Good luck

Hey! Are you stalking me? Just kidding! orngtongue.gif

I would have gone with FMU, so good to know. My friend said to go with the digital, but the store I was at didn't have. If I do it again next month, I will try a different store and look for the digital style.

Thank you all for the replies.

Tags: Trying To Conceive
Up