BFPs with Vitex? or anything really - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any experience with Vitex? 

So, the other day I remembered that when we conceived my son I had been taking Vitex tincture for at least a month to help with PMS symptoms.   We conceived without really trying at all that time and as I head into month three of actively TTC #2 I wonder if the Vitex might have helped.  I dragged my tincture out and started taking it today.

So, anyway I'm wondering if anyone here has anything good or bad to say about Vitex?

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#2 of 4 Old 02-24-2012, 02:13 PM

I just started taking Vitex this month.  currently cd25 and 6dpo so not sure of the results yet.  I did O later than normal by 2 days (I am ridiculously consistent) and so far no temp drop (usually day 24) so it seems to be lengthening things overall.  I had some side affects for the first week that I have read are common with it (nausea and a few episodes of bad dizziness) but those went away pretty quickly.  Hopefully it does good things for you!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#3 of 4 Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for your reply!  I haven't had any weird side effects yet.  I can't remember if I did last time around.  It was more than two years ago.  Well, I'm crossing my fingers for us both!

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#4 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Mixed results this month from the Vitex.  No BFP but I did get a longer cycle, 29 instead of 26, and 1 day longer luteal phase.  Enough of a change that I will stick with it.  Good luck to you this month.  Hopefully you will get your BFP!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page