The ONE Thread Feb 26 - March 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for Feb 26 - March 4!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

hadleymunroe

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jpack BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

keylimecutie

krunchyk

LisaAdkins20

Lisoula

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

rikkitikki

Rockabilly Mama

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif    

SilaMarila 

skeemama

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

indie1976

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LadyCatherine185

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif    

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

newtoTTC

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Michaels-Mommy

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

hoping4just1more

mamaforever BFPChart2.gif

skinnyloveBC BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

FeralFox BFPChart2.gif

MamanFrancaise BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hope you're all well ladies! Hopefully we get another BFP soon!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM

hey ladies, would you please add me to the waiting to O list? 

I am actually a long time member of MDC, from way back when we had the 4 board homepage. We haven't told anyone IRL that we are ttc yet though and I have too many people I know IRL here. so I'm hiding under a new username. lol

I don't know what's up with my cycle though.  I am on day 18 and no sign of ovulation.  Today was the first day I've even had the teensiest amount of softening of the cervix, and slightly more lotiony cm, as opposed to the sticky dryness I've had all week.  If I don't o soon, and my cycle is the same length as usual, that will mean my luteal phase probably isn't long enough. 

I haven't really charted in the past few years since we were 100% trying to avoid, and used condoms all the time.  I was aware of cycles, and tracked 1st day of cycle, but am feeling out of touch now! 

This is the first month we are trying. 

<3 Belly

#4 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 12:57 PM

I guess I'm just going through this cycle to see what it does. My cm is still creamy, and my temps aren't helping since I'm not sleeping well again. I am thinking I may have ovulated early, but it's also possible that I'm not going to ovulate at all this time around. There's nothing I can do to change anything at this point, so all I can do is wait. I'm thinking again about how nice it would be to have a live-in donor (i.e. DH or Boyfriend). Sigh. I'll get over it.

Have a Reproductive Week!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#5 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 01:30 PM

Now on CD 28(!) and 9 dpo with no spotting or temperature drop.  This is my longest cycle since TTC, I have never gotten past 27 days, usually only 26, and always wiht a 9 day LP so I am really excited.  Took a HPT this am that was BFN but I am not surprised at 9 dpo.  Usually my temp drops at least 2 days before my period so hopefully even if I dont get BFP I am at least getting towards a LP long enough for something to stick.  This is the most hopeful I have been about things in months!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#6 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Welcome Belly! Hope your stay is short and sweet! smile.gif

NewtoTTC: That's great news, either way it ends! Hopefully with a BFP but a longer LP is great!

Rebekah: Thanks for the new thread!

Just chillin' at CD 3 and hoping this cycle will be somewhat normal.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#7 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoTTC View PostUsually my temp drops at least 2 days before my period so hopefully even if I dont get BFP I am at least getting towards a LP long enough for something to stick.  This is the most hopeful I have been about things in months!

Sounds like great news smile.gif

AFM:

CD 18 and 4 days of -OPKS (after my +OPK on CD14), I think I am ready for the Waiting To Know (2WW), so far I feel really sleepy and my throat always feels dry, so I am drinking A LOT of water which equals a visit to the bathroom every 30 mins. I'm between 2-4DPO, so we will see...

***Nevermind! I am a little Cuss.gif Same thing as last month is happening again, OPK is detecting another surge and I think I'm going to really ovulate this time, but we BD'd 3-4 days ago and I think it's a little too late. 2WW is going to stink but till then, still Waiting To O.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#8 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!!

wild.gif

lurk.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#9 of 43 Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the new thread! I'm still early in my cycle but started taking a B complex this month with an impressive amount of B6 in it. Hoping it helps out my typically short, 6-9 day LPs. 

Also, I just ran into an old friend that happens to be 17 months pregnant. It brought up such an interesting mix of emotions. I wish I could just be happy and patient about TTCing but damn - it's an emotional rollercoaster.

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#10 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 AM

17 months, hm? ;-) 

#11 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybaby2012 View Post

17 months, hm? ;-) 

Ahahahahah. Yes, she's quite pregnant! That would bring up an interesting mix of emotions now, wouldn't it?! 

Okay, she's actually 17 weeks. Geez, can you tell my brain went to mush after seeing her? ;)

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#12 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 AM

DoulaRebekah: Thanks for the new thread!  Please move me to Waiting to Test as I'm on 9DPO today!

Shawnamarie:  I would so have made the same mistake! 

BellyBaby2012: Your secret is safe with us!  Welcome to our group!  If you chart, please feel free to share a link so we can chart stalk you. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a short stay here!

AFM: A couple of updates as it has been a few days since I've dropped by.  My husband followed up with his normal doctor and she thought that it was really odd that he had one very significant outlier in his SA tests and made him test right on the spot.  We had BD'd the night before so he was really hesitant, but she got the results back within an hour and said that his numbers were at 29+ million in less than 24 hours.  So she made him sit down and think about what he had done differently that day that he had the 15 mil test and they realized that he had worked out really hard that morning and sat in the sauna.  He was very dehydrated and the sauna compounded that issue.  She said his sperm count was fabulous and on the days we were "trying" that he should drink lots of water and stay away from the sauna.  Problem solved and much worry over nothing.  On another bright note, my temps have risen and if my temp stays at the current temp or rises, my chart will become triphasic which makes me super excited.  Doubt that we are pregnant, but at least my cycle is working itself out the way it should.  Of course I tested this morning and got a negative, but what did I expect on 9DPO?  I've had weird cramps, so I doubt that I'm pregnant, but can't help getting my hopes up anyway. 

Myllissa (31) + DH (32)  = DS (4), & Expecting Baby #2 Due Febuary 2013!

#13 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Hi, doularebekah. (I remember you from the July 2012 DDC...where we were both dropouts. :( ) 

My cycle is all kinds of crazy. I'm on CD22 and still Waiting to O and had 5 straight days of +OPKs (there's a thread in this forum wherein I inquire about that). 

So, I'm doing the every-other-day bd'ing until I get a temp dip & rise...then at 3dpo I'll start progesterone supplements for my seriously defective LP. It took us 18m to achieve the last pregnancy (I completed the m/c in early January), but now I wonder if we were never getting the fertile period right. If we're not successful this cycle, then I'm getting a fertility monitor. 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#14 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnamarie View Post

Also, I just ran into an old friend that happens to be 17 months pregnant. 

biglaugh.gif  I don't care how long you've been TTC, I can't imagine being happy with a 17-month pregnancy!  Yow!

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#15 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM

Temp drop below cover line, cramps, and spotting today, which means AF tomorrow.  Looks like I am out of the game this month.  :(  On the plus side This is the first time since charting I have ever had a 10 day LP so we are going the right direction.  I have an appt with my MD on Monday to talk about testing my progesterone, we will see how open to it she is.  Still working on getting in with a new MD but would rather not wait any longer to have it tested.  6 months is long enough and I have the charts to prove it!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#16 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Hiya stegenrae! blowkiss.gif Nice to see ya on this thread too.

NewtoTTC: Sorry for the temp drop and spotting. FX for next month!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#17 of 43 Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 AM

newtoTTC: sorry to hear about the temp drop, cramps and spotting - disappointing. Here's to hoping for an ever increasing LP - hopefully one that stretches out for 9 months :)

Does anyone else adjust their thermometer if they don't like the first temp they get? Silly, but I find myself doing that with some consistency - don't know why, just buying another day of hope or what?

I haven't had 3 raised temps yet but it's trending up and my cervix is firm and all that so I think I can be moved to Waiting to Know.

I'm trying not to borrow trouble but I've noticed since starting to use FF that my temp dips two or three days before ovulating and then goes up a bit indicating ovulation and stays in the 97.8 range for a few days and then continues up to the 98.whatever range. My temp usually drops for 2-3 days with some spotting before my period comes. Can this be indicative of a progesterone problem?

Does anyone else do something like this?

Hubby's testicles have continued to heal so we're hopeful something will work out this time. We sure gave it our best shot :)

Hoping to hear about some BFPs soon!

#18 of 43 Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM

New to TTC: Sorry about the temp drop, but I totally know that happy place in having a 10-digit LP. Hopefully it's a trend!

nisojon: IDK about whether that's an indication of progesterone issues; I would say no. Your temps are in the normal range; if you had insufficient progesterone, they'd be shifted about .5 degrees down and your LP would be noticeably short (less than 12 days at best). I've seen a number of charts that have similar patterns to what you described. (btw, not knowing your history, the comment about your dh's healing testicles is pretty damn amusing!)

A2E: Hiya! :)

AFM: My temp dipped a bit this am--still high-ish, but same temp from which I O'd last month, so I guess it's possible. I FINALLY got a -OPK, woot! My cervix is soft and open...but I would say low (though I don't have a ton of reference for that, so didn't record position). However, after so long, I don't really have much fertile-quality CM--and what I had this morning was creamy; hopefully that and the Preseed won't inhibit any of DH's swimmers! (uh, all that to say if anyone has info on that, please share.) 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#19 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 AM

ShawnaMarie  I know the feeling.  my best friend got pregnant in her first month of trying (2 wks off BC), during our second month of trying.  I am so excited and happy for her but it is also so hard to see someone else where you really want to be!  

Feeling a little frustrated so took a couple days off, now I am back with (hopefully) a positive attitude toward a new month of trying.  Apparently I just can't quite make it over the hump to a 10 day LP.  I ended up with my temp drop and all my PMS symptoms squashed into 1 day AF decided to show up right before bed that night, on day 10, so I am counting it as 9.5, still at least a half day longer than my usual pattern :)  Usually I get a 2 day temp drop before.  A little confused, but that seems to be how this goes.  I am still in the process of finding a new MD but in the mean time I have an appt with my old MD on Monday to talk about progesterone testing and I am just going to bring all my charts and all my research and be prepared to fight for it if I have to.  This is always the hardest part of my cycle, where I feel like there isnt much I can be doing so for now I am Waiting to O.  

Looks like lots of us are waiting to O right now so good luck all around for good timing!

#20 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

No internet at the new house yet, so it's kinda hard to keep up. Hopefully be back with you all full time very soon. love.gif Please move me to Waiting to O when you get a chance! :)

Good luck to everyone hoping for their BFP this week! goodvibes.gif

sleepytime.gif, birth-working wife to  guitar.gif (06/2010). Student midwife working towards creating a birth sanctuary. luxlove.gif

TTC #1 since 2010. brokenheart.gif, July 2012. Waiting for our rainbow1284.gif sometime very soon.

#21 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Hey ladies! Today is an awesome day! Wanna know why?!?!

I just realized that it's been a year today (Since last year only had 28 days in February) that I found out I was pregnant!

It's ALSO been a year since I quit smoking!!! WOO!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#22 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoTTC View Post

Feeling a little frustrated so took a couple days off, now I am back with (hopefully) a positive attitude toward a new month of trying.  Apparently I just can't quite make it over the hump to a 10 day LP. 

NewtoTTC, have you done anything to try and lengthen your LP? This is my first cycle doing B6 but unfortunately it seems to be making me dizzy. Still trying to figure that out as I think it's an uncommon reaction.

#23 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnamarie View Post

NewtoTTC, have you done anything to try and lengthen your LP? This is my first cycle doing B6 but unfortunately it seems to be making me dizzy. Still trying to figure that out as I think it's an uncommon reaction.

How much B6 are you taking?  I have heard that can be a reaction with higher doses.  I havent had any side affects but I found a brand that is time released so maybe that helps?   I have taken B6 for about 4 months and I had 1 day longer cycle the first month but not a longer LP then went back to my usual pattern of 26 day cycle with 9 day LP.  Last month I took Vitex for the first time and my cycle was 2 days longer but my LP was essentially the same and all in all it was just a weird cycle.  I am trying to decide whether to keep taking it this month.  I have a appt with my MD monday to talk about Progesterone testing because I think that is probably the issue.  Hopefully the B6 does good things for your LP, even if you have to lower your dose a little.  

I read on another thread that someone's midwife said to only take the Vitex before you ovulate, then stop for the rest of the cycle.  has anyone here heard anything about that?  Everything else I have read just says to stop when you are pregnant.  Not sure what to think about that.    

Good luck to those waiting to know and waiting to O!

#24 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoTTC View Post

How much B6 are you taking?  I have heard that can be a reaction with higher doses.  I havent had any side affects but I found a brand that is time released so maybe that helps?   

My ND recommended B complex by Thorne that has around 200mg of it. Pretty high dose, I know. However, I've also tried one that had 100mg of B6 and another supplement that was only 33mg of B6. They all make me dizzy. Kind of a bummer.

#25 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 AM

The dizziness from the B supplements probably means that your body is getting plenty from elsewhere. That's a good thing. I tried to cut my B Complex to sorta give the supplements a break and I had some pretty major side effects. Apparently my body really needs the extra B supplementation.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#26 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all! We have been DTD after all this month but I think I can accurately say that I am cool either way - I am doing well on my diet and working out and if it takes a few more cycles to conceive, I will just be that much healthier. We have been DTD every other day, which we have never tried before. It is possible that was what was needed any way.

We just adopted a kitty, our first family pet. I am very excited. She is shy and hiding out still. It has only been about 18 hours since we brought her home... She is shelter kitty who has grown up in the shelter because she had health problems as a kitten and then was too old to compete with the younger fluff balls. She is just under a year old and I just fell in love with her. I think this will help me take my mind off babies... I will be very careful about the cat box too.

Anyone had to handle a cat box when pregnant? Do you try to have someone else do it? Do you wear gloves? Wash your hands really well?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#27 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM

myllissa - That's great news!

anyalily - I handled our cat litter box a few times when pregnant - always washed my hands really good after. My husband was good about doing it though, and it got him in the habit so he does it more than I do now!

AFM - 7DPO and bright red spotting I just did a happy dance in the office bathroom YES

DS born 5/23/10. Trying for #2 since May 2011.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28d724 • http://tcoyf.com/members/sayschu/charts/default.aspx

#28 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Anyalily: When I was pregnant with my son, I cleaned and changed the litter boxes my entire third trimester as my husband was deployed and the guy he set up to help me out bailed.  I literally put on rubber kitchen gloves, a baseball cap, and wore a bandana over my mouth while doing it and changed my clothes and washed up really well afterward.  Maybe that was overkill, but I didn't want to take any chances, you know?  I never had problems or got sick.  Just be safe about it if you have to do it.

LindsayDawn: I hope that the spotting is implantation bleeding and that things stick!!   Fingers crossed for you! I'll be watching your chart this week!

AFM: I did go triphasic, only to have temps drop .2 degrees a few days later and start cramping.  I'm expecting my AF probably Saturday.  I see my naturopath today, so we'll see what the future holds and what our new plan will be.  Probably some blood work and an increase in progesterone.  Next cycle will be #7 and I really never thought it would take this long.  I made an appointment with my regular doctor for a "Well Woman" check-up just to get a second opinion on what my naturopath is doing and see if we can do anything else. 

Myllissa (31) + DH (32)  = DS (4), & Expecting Baby #2 Due Febuary 2013!

#29 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Anyone had to handle a cat box when pregnant? Do you try to have someone else do it? Do you wear gloves? Wash your hands really well?

If there is some danger to cleaning a cat's litter box while pregnant, I'm completely unaware of it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

#30 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindsayDawn View Post

AFM - 7DPO and bright red spotting I just did a happy dance in the office bathroom YES

Here's hoping it's implantation bleeding! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

The dizziness from the B supplements probably means that your body is getting plenty from elsewhere. That's a good thing. I tried to cut my B Complex to sorta give the supplements a break and I had some pretty major side effects. Apparently my body really needs the extra B supplementation.

Stevi, that would be good if my body is getting enough B vitamins. However, that would also mean I need to pull in stronger tools to lengthen my LP if B6 isn't going to do it. I guess we'll see!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page