Could I be Pregnant or Not? Please help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2012, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, I am curious my boyfriend and I had sexual intercourse the very same night I had finished my period. I am now 3 days late on my period, although yesterday I had these really really bad cramps , never in my life have I ever experienced such a pain I had gone to the bathroom to only notice I had a lot of  clear stretchy discharge? Other then getting nauseous from time to time these are my only symptoms, I don't think I am pregnant but me and my Boyfriend have been trying for a couple of months now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Welcome to MDC!!  wave.gif

Unless you have very long periods and/or typically ovulate quite early in your cycle (which usually means you would have a shorter than average cycle) then it's not terribly likely that sperm met egg.  But there is always a possibility!  We would need to know more about your typical cycle- AF length, overall length, ovulation (O) pains, how long your average luteal phase is, etc. and when you experienced fertile cervical fluid (CF).  You mentioned that you are having some clear, stretchy fluid now (that is called eggwhite or EW)... did you have any earlier in your cycle.  This is considered fertile CF and a sign of impending ovulation.  Some women do experience EW like fluid just prior to AF as well.

All this being said, the most likely answer to late AF is delayed ovulation.  Many common things can delay O like illness, injury, stress, travel, diet and exercise changes, etc.  If O is delayed by a few days or even a week, then AF will also be delayed that amount b/c the time between O and AF (your luteal phase) does not change by more than a day or two from cycle to cycle.  If O was not delayed and you are now late for AF, then an HPT should be accurate at this time.  Pick up a pink dye, non +/- test that only requires an hCG level of 25.  First Response Early Response is a good one, but so are many generic brands and dollar store tests.  Make sure you use first of the morning urine (FMU).  Good luck and keep us posted!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Jaimee really covered it all thumb.gif but I just wanted to add that while it is always possible, the chances are very low. We use NFP (natural family planning) and always count the first days after my flow ends as green (non-fertile) days. It has worked for us so far.

hippie.gifMom of jumpers.gif3 boys ('06,'08,'11), one with autismribbon.gif

Doing our best to live treehugger.gifgoorganic.jpgRainbow.gif

Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherCrab View Post

We use NFP (natural family planning) and always count the first days after my flow ends as green (non-fertile) days. It has worked for us so far.

Yes, this will be the case for most women, but unfortunately I am not one of those women, so I'm always cautious when saying those days are non-fertile.  I have to follow extremely strict charting rules to avoid and ended up with two oops babies before I realized just how strict I needed to be!  At any rate, unless you have an 8 day AF and tend to O around CD12, I don't think pregnancy is likely this time.

If you're TTC, then I would recommend starting to chart or at the very least, paying careful attention to your cervical fluid to increase your chances of conception.  You want to try and catch O-1, O and O+1 for the best chances.  Charting will tell you when you are fertile, when you O, when to test, how long your luteal phase is, when to expect AF, if you're pregnant, and if there is anything of concern happening with your cycle.  If you'd like more information about getting going with charting, just post!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List