Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I completely understand your feeling of not wanting to test in case of a BFN.. however I somehow get around that by saying I would rather have the feeling of certainty than that of doubt... Either way (BFN OR BFP) you can start making plans to move forward however you choose to do so :)

But having said that my mother was 41 when she conceived me. She wasn't actively trying or preventing.. Just waiting for either a baby, AF or menopause (she was fairly early at starting).. And she got me.. No problems attached to pregnancy or birth! A few more tests for "just in case".. But no problems..

If it were me I would test as soon as I knew the test results would be most reliable...... But its tricky and I understand your nervousness..

Hugs Mumma with whatever you decide

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmumma View Post

If it were me I would test as soon as I knew the test results would be most reliable...... But its tricky and I understand your nervousness..

Hugs Mumma with whatever you decide

I agree ^^

As far as testing goes, I planned on testing early this cycle, but I think I'm going to wait it out cause I don't want to see a BFN and i'll need those tests for when I really may be.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your answer soon.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRave View Post

Well I think I'm going to try and find out today... I'm - becoming pretty sure it's a yes.  My body hasn't done all these things in a loooong time... if not something else is definitely up! o.o

keep us up to date :)

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 AM

Jen, please don't worry-- or "borrow trouble," as they say!  Yes, the chances of Downs and other things go up, but not to 75%, 50%, 20% or even 10%.  More like 1-2%.  That's a 98%+ chance of everything being fine.  In fact, there's not a single woman in my family or DH's that had a baby over 40 and had any issues whatsoever.  My mom (40), his mom (43), an aunt (41), cousins at 43 and 44...  All the kids are fantastic.  

WAHer & Wannabe, Wife to DH banana.gif1998, Mama to Buko, Born at Home joy.gifMarch 2013

Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM

How did you go?

We are all here for you either way

xx

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List