Wondering if you can help with Wondfo OPK? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2012, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering ig you could take a look at my Wondfo OPK from today? I have trouble determining if it is positive because usually only half or less of the test line gets dark. Also I took the test with SMU and it looked like this. I am guessing if I take it again in the PM it will be darker.Thanks!

OPK positive?

Here is a link to my chart . I hope it works.

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

John 3:16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

It's hard to tell if that is truly darker than the control line, but it looks very close.  Since you're getting EWCF, I would assume O is around the corner and get on that BDing! 

From www.poas.com

Quote:
Most of the time, OPK results are easy to read; the "result" line is one uniform color/darkness. Sometimes, however, you may get a result that looks "half positive," like this:

halfpos.jpg
"result" line on left
"control" line on right

When this happened to me, I contacted the distributor (in this case, BabyWishes.org)-- I even e-mailed them the above photo. I was told that the darkest part of the "result" line should be compared with the test line, and that this applies to all brands of OPK's.

This month I purchased some Answer brand OPK's, which I had never personally used before. After my LH surge appeared to last 6 days (going by the above rule of thumb), I made the unsettling discovery that my tap water was also ovulating. So I called Answer's 800# and asked the same question. This time I was told that the dark part of the line must be at least 50% of the total width to be considered positive. Going by THAT, the picture above would be considered negative. (And, in retrospect, my LH surge actually lasted a common 2 days-- and my kitchen faucet is not currently fertile.)

So, it appears that my information from BabyWishes was incorrect; it does, in fact, depend on the brand of OPK.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 AM

I have an "OPK Progression" thread in the TTC forum and if you take a look, it is very apparent that OPKs can be very confusing. The OPKs only detect my surge with SMU, never at another time, thankfully I did finally get a true positive. I would keep testing with SMU until you get a few days of negatives (for me I need to test for at least 6 days after).

Quote:
Originally Posted by buterflymomma View Post

I was wondering ig you could take a look at my Wondfo OPK from today? I have trouble determining if it is positive because usually only half or less of the test line gets dark. Also I took the test with SMU and it looked like this. I am guessing if I take it again in the PM it will be darker.Thanks!

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I actually just took another one and it is glaringly positive. No doubt about it. :)

OPK.jpg

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buterflymomma View Post

Thanks! I actually just took another one and it is glaringly positive. No doubt about it. :)

yep, looks positive to me, now you should confirm w/ negatives. good luck timing bd!

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. Got a negative late evening, one this morning and afternoon. :) No temp shift yet, thinking that is coming tomorrow.

Nicole
Wife to Victor

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List