The ONE Thread March 4 - 11 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mmmm, maybe I need to move to confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

Anyone would tell me, especially at this point, that i am OBVIOUSLY not pregnant, but i am still in some serious denial. @!@  This morning there was blood in the toilet, so I'm wearing a liner, but I'm not convinced my period really started (I feel dripping and run to look, but so far no more blood).  I feel crampy, but also still nauseous and weak.  I REALLY don't want to be teaching today.  :(  I want to crawl back into bed!  But today.... is Parent Teacher Conferences after school, and then my big date with sweet dh.  Dinner and theatre. 

What does today hold??  beginning of AF?  End of that pipe dream?  Or continued confusion...?  Hopefully confusion!

#32 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 AM

blood, more blood, less confusion... :(  :(  :(

#33 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyshells View Post

blood, more blood, less confusion... :(  :(  :(

Hope you feel better soon hug2.gif

I felt the same last cycle and almost convinced myself I didn't want another, but it was all hormones talking. I hope this cycle is the one for you!

dust.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#34 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 AM

Thank you.  It is good to be understood.  My "positive talk" is in high gear.  @@  I'm reflecting on the moments of pleasure I noticed this past week - things I enjoyed and am thankful for.  Also, the phrase "maybe it's for the best."  Ha... one of my favorites is "Let's assume, just for a minute, that God is in control."  I was just praying... I can't deny the wish of my heart that this would have become a child.  But I "know" that if it wasn't God's best, then I didn't really "want" it.  Too many quotes.  :P  I'm honestly just grouchy and very irritated right now.  In a roomful of 2nd graders, poor kids.  poor me!  I've got to let this go, let my body release all of that.  And move on, right?  :(

#35 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 06:51 AM

I hate the first few days of a new cycle. It takes a few days to come down from the (failed) hoping and get back to business. What helps me is doing all the things I wouldn't do if I were pregnant, like drinking all the soda I want and tackle wrestling with my dh and ds.

DS born 5/23/10. Trying for #2 since May 2011.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28d724 • http://tcoyf.com/members/sayschu/charts/default.aspx

#36 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Oh Gozal, that is such wonderful news! Thank you so much for sharing! I came online this morning thinking, no BFPs in February and now we are a week in March. It is time! It sounds like you are our Feb BFP. And two heartbeats! Wow. Blessed be, Mama!

Fertile fairy dust to all!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#37 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoTTC View Post

Jpack its ok, I am not repeating myself. As far as I can tell, the only thing that stands out in my chart is consistent 9 day LP, no matter when I ovulate (cycle length overall doesn't seem to affect it) and overall low temps, high 96s to very low 97s pre O, mid to high 97s after.  

BellyBaby how many dpo are you?  I can't tell you how many tests I have wasted, it is so hard to wait!  Hoping your BFP is here soon!

Don't know.  only halfway charted this first month and had very confusing fertility symptoms.  This makes me even more ok with starting my af and buckling down with charting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post

Wanted to post a quick update since the ultrasound last week:

Our little baby is growing right on schedule and has a healthy heartbeat. It was laying on its side looking out at us, so we could see its head, left arm, and left foot. It was even "waving" its little arm at us. We're just over 9 weeks along today. It seems like time is both crawling and flying by.

I'm so excited for March BFPs! I'm half Irish, so this is one of my favorite months. :- )  Fingers crossed!!

Yay!  Con grats!  How early is the earliest they can detect a HB via sono? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Skinnylove, that is great news!

Stevi, good grief, 18 days!??!!

I am hanging out here, not feeling any symptoms, just about 8 DPO. I am not going to test until 17 DPO, because I have just been wasting too many tests... Not feeling too optimistic, but open to it...

I am still really struggling with my health and weight. I wish I could go on like a 2 week retreat (maybe just retreat days with nights at home - I would miss my DD and DH) to jump start weight loss and get all my issues clarified. Cleanse. Test for food intolerances with muscle resistance, etc... Do some work around loving myself as I am, do art, write, just get grounded... Some aromatherapy. Massage. Psychotherapy. Two weeks would be a good start... I could do a lot of this stuff on my own, but I feel like I need to have a plan...

In the mean time I have new students and a bunch of work to do for my classes, and my volunteer work is demanding... And I have DD every day, all day with few breaks because my DH works 60 hour weeks. And my house is cluttered. And I love pastry too much. And my new cat is really cute. To much to do.

End of rant.

I love your rant. hugs to you, big ones.  I think taking care of yourself sounds like a very important thing indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegenrae View Post

Oh, before I forget, rebekah, could you please move me to Waiting to Know? (and thanks for the hello!) I'm actually almost 8dpo, but my chart was being particularly difficult to decipher last week. FF and I are now in agreement.

anya, I like your rant. It would be SO nice to have a semi-retreat like that! 

skinnylove, that's awesome!

shawna, yuck on finals stress--and a broken thermometer! (but yay for a temp jump)

newtoTTC, your doc sounds awesomely on top of things. I hope you get (fixable) answers soon.

bellybaby, LOL at your "alien body" now. I know the feeling--this is my 2nd cycle after my m/c and by body is just misbehaving.

jpack, my chart was all sorts of confused between OPKs and temps, but FF and I finally agreed on my O date, CD23. (click on the link in the OP if you care to look)

candyshells, sorry about the BFN. With my DS2, I KNEW I was pg, but couldn't get a HPT to agree with me until 14dpo. FX for you!

stevi, yes--good grief! :/

om.gif <--me, trying to wait patiently...

Hehe.  Thanks.  It's all wonky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnamarie View Post

Very true. I'm just being hormonal and dramatic. It sounds like you are in a good place right now to be appreciative of what you have in life. Ultimately, I am as well.

Question for you ladies: have you told anyone in your life (friends, family) that you are TTCing? Or do you keep it just between you and your partner?

I've told a couple friends in secret because I just needed to talk to someone. But none of the grandparents or anything. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozal View Post

Hey guys, remember me? I have not been so active on this thread in a while, but I couldn't bear to leave it. This is where I made my first post on MDC back in Dec. 2010. I had already been trying for a year back then. This thread was a real sanity saver for me. I never imagined it would be such a long journey for me. TTC #1 took two cycles. Well, I've had a lot of rare and unforeseeable/random problems since. I have seen many (though sadly not all) buddies I made over here pass through this thread. I was determiend to stay until I could be a graduate. Well, when you have experienced 1 in 15,000 odds and a complicated loss, you do not feel like a graduate until you are holding a healthy baby in your arms. But I think it would also be a little much to stick around in "Waiting to Know" until October. ;) So I am inexpressibly overjoyed to say that I finally got that BFP last month and am, today, eight weeks pregnant with two beating hearts in there. I am still feeling nervous, but I think I am ready to be moved to Graduates.

Thank you to all who gave me their support over the year+ I have been here! Stevi, you better be next, my friend!

Big huge congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you!!!!

AFM- My temp dropped a bit the past 2 days, so I assumed I'm heading for AF.  I've been nauseas all week, but I'm also assuming that if I was preg and HcG isn't high enough to register a hpt, then it wouldn't be causeing nausea, lol.  Then today it was back up a little.  I so wish I had had a better thermometer early last month so I knew my coverline, etc.

So I'm just hanging tight now and waiting to start or something. I started back up low carb, trying to get a little healthier again.  I've gained weight this winter and don't feel great.  I know that can affect fertility and if I was to get pregnant fast I want to be feeling as great as possible, even if I don't lose much weight before, you know?

#38 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Congratulations gozal!!! SO happy for you! And twins--how neat! I hope you have a truly wonderful pregnancy. joy.gif

bellybaby2012: Well, as soon as the heart is big enough to see, they can tell the number of heartbeats, I think. Because it was only about 8.5 weeks, the technician didn't want to let us hear it via sonogram. She said they don't like to focus all of that heat/energy on the embryo until after 10 weeks. So the heartbeat at that point was measured by the number of flutters. At our next appointment with the OB, she'll use the doppler and we'll get to actually hear the heartbeat.

Come on BFPs!! pos.gif

#39 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

okay....my rant is over... Please move me to Waiting to be Ready.  This was a surprise, but now I wonder if dh would like to TTC.  I'm fairly certain it was a chemical pregnancy (dislike that term) and this is not just AF.  How gross is it to scoop out a little blob from the toilet and inspect it?  I just had to know. and that convinced me. 

Apology - a bit graphic.

Last night I was still feeling pregnant.  I was slightly nauseous and didn't want to eat anything, had pokey twinges on each side and a sharpish poking on the front wall of my uterus.  I imagined that was where it was burrowing in.  In the middle of last night, I had a bad insulin reaction, and wonder if that did it.  Or maybe the loss/hormones caused the reaction, who knows.  But I was startled this morning when I looked in the toilet and saw a heavy liquid-mass of dark blood.  About an hour later, cramping started, and I passed another mass of blood which was red.  I used a tampon then, and when I removed it a little while ago, the singular blob followed it.  I know the baby cells are too small to see, but it had definite structure to it that looked like pictures of 4weeks. 

Anyway sorry, didn't want to gross anyone out there, just wanted to tell it.  To my girlfriends, this is just my period, a day late.  To me, it's a loss. 

But I think I'm okay. ...TIRED!  No more obsessing. ;)  I have a wonderful loving husband, and a good life.  We'll talk tonight.  I'll be taking better care of myself, and keeping track of my cycle.  Who knows... at least now I believe we are fertile. 

#40 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Nicole, A2E, Stevi: Thank you all so much, that really means a lot to me love.gif I see Nicole on FB, A2E on another thread, and stalk/lurk Stevi here :-)

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#41 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Congrats to Gozal and Gemmine for the BFPs!  

I had an ultrasound this week to rule out fibroids or ovarian cysts (checking for more of a structural issue with TTC) and everything came back normal so I am relieved there.  Still waiting to O so I can have everything else checked.  

Candyshells  The first few days of a new cycle are so hard.  I always think it is so unfair to pair something so disappointing with a time when you are hormonally so ill equipped to handle it.  I hope you are feeling better in the next few days!  

Shawnamarie we (meaning I) told pretty much everyone when we first started trying.  For the most part I don't regret it because my family has been fairly supportive but 7 months (and 3 pregnant friends, including 1 surprise!) I wish I had limited it a little more.  After the first few months most people have at least backed off and it has stopped some of the constant "when are you guys going to start trying" questions that are constant in my large, close, very nosy family. :)

A2E It is your choice when you feel your family is complete, no matter what that number is.  Thinking so many good thoughts for you this month, go lucky number 14!  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#42 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Congratulations to Gozal and Gemmine! That's so very exciting!

I told a couple of good friends last night just to get it off my chest. It was a nice relief but I think I'll limit it to them. I'm at 3DPO and not feeling pregnant at all. Funny.... I felt pregnant for all 10 days of my luteal phase last month but apparently wasn't pregnant! It was extremely confusing but you can't really argue with an HCG count of 2. wink1.gif

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#43 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM

((candyshells)) I'm sorry for your loss. :( I'm glad, though, that something goo seems to have sprung from this experience for you & that you're capable of pregnancy. That can be such a huge hurdle, so at least you don't have to deal with that aspect.

AFM: 9dpo (assuming I O'd). Boobs don't hurt much, temp hasn't gone up much, and I'm wondering if I O'd at all. I started spotting last night before bed, just pink when I wiped, and then a teeny bit of brown today. SO. with my ridiculously short LP's (despite progesterone this time, if this is my period), it could be my period starting. Or there's a miniscule chance it's implantation spotting, but I've never had that with my 3 pregnancies before, so no idea what that is even like. BFN, since we got some cheapies and I was confused. I think my cervix is too open for it to be anything but AF, though.

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#44 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

candyshells, I just want to send some hugs your way. A loss is never easy, no matter how early.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#45 of 59 Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Candyshells, my heart goes out to you. Hugs. 

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#46 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 AM

Candyshells - so sorry for your loss. Hope you feel the blanket of empathy from all of us covering you :(

I've really appreciated this thread - thanks everyone for posting. I've said it before but I'll say it again (and again, and again) it's so encouraging to know that all of you are out there - trying to be relaxed about TTC, obsessing over post-o temps/symptoms, riding emotional roller-coasters with BFNs and all that stuff. Here's to hoping for lots of BFPs this time around!

NewtoTTC - Not to be one of those advice giver people, but have you tried taking Primrose Oil for the first 12-14 days of your cycle and then fish oil until your period? I did that as well as taking something I think was called Choke Cherry when I was got off birth control and was going to try to conceive DD and it was soo helpful. My ND suggested it.

ShawnaMarie - We've told our close friends and immediate family. We live REALLY far away from almost all of them (13 time zones) so it's hard for any of them to pester us, though we're fortunate that they really aren't the kind of people who would. I've been honest with my neighbors who ask if I want more (or tell me I should have one more) that we recently decided that we do want another one. They're all Muslim and very community-oriented and see children as a gift from God so their interest in our having another child is kind of a compliment - they want God's blessing for our life and just say, "Inshallah" when I say we do - ie: if God wills it. They will only start pestering me in 6 months if we haven't conceived yet :)

AFM - I'm on 11dpo - had a really nice temp dip both on days 7 and 10 but we'll see what the next few days bring. Last cycle my temp stayed elevated on the first day of my period - allowing me to be in denial all day, hoping that I was bleeding for some other reason. That happened around what would have been 16dpo, which was long for me. So I'm trying to just hang in here for another 5 days. Don't want to trick myself again.

#47 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 AM

smile.gif  HUGS back to all of you, thank you for being here and being so understanding.  I'm feeling GOOD today!  Well, this is weird, but I still "feel pregnant," lol, so whatever!  Maybe it's just all in my brain. 

Dh and I had a nice date last night.  And I finally brought up the subject of having another baby, that I don't think his vasectomy has held up.  Does he want to avoid a pg'cy?  No!  He said if God gives us another child, that would be great... but I don't think he really believes I have been experiencing early pr'cy symptoms.  I'm 39, so he thinks it might be menopause.  Whatever! 

So... I'm officially waiting to be ready. Good category!  I'm not going to temp, but I'll be watching for ewcm.  I need to get my diabetes in better control, and take care of some things around the house.  The clock is ticking, but there's no big rush...right? 

#48 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 08:24 AM

Thanks everyone for all the love. smile.gif It means a lot to me. You know I'll be stalking you all, right?! A2e, go get that cd14 egg! 

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#49 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post
bellybaby2012: Well, as soon as the heart is big enough to see, they can tell the number of heartbeats, I think. Because it was only about 8.5 weeks, the technician didn't want to let us hear it via sonogram. She said they don't like to focus all of that heat/energy on the embryo until after 10 weeks. So the heartbeat at that point was measured by the number of flutters. At our next appointment with the OB, she'll use the doppler and we'll get to actually hear the heartbeat.

Come on BFPs!! pos.gif

I know I could google that as well, but you guys are so nice and helpful, :-) .  We lost our last baby at 14 weeks, after never hearing the HB.  They don't know if the heart never developed, or if there was another reason we couldn't hear it. (position behind placenta, etc. ) I was totally zen about it until about 11-12 weeks, as I have had 3 easy, normal pregnancies and was totally not worried. didn't want an unnecessary sono that early, etc.

Sufficed to say there is now a fair bit of stress when it comes to early detection of HB this time around. I realize that, that early, there wasn't anything at all I could have done, etc. But I really want to check in any way possible as early as possible this time around, for my own sake.  (Also, I realize that an early detection of HB isn't a security against other issues, but its MY issues you know?)

Quote:

okay....my rant is over... Please move me to Waiting to be Ready.  This was a surprise, but now I wonder if dh would like to TTC.  I'm fairly certain it was a chemical pregnancy (dislike that term) and this is not just AF.  How gross is it to scoop out a little blob from the toilet and inspect it?  I just had to know. and that convinced me. 

Apology - a bit graphic.

Last night I was still feeling pregnant.  I was slightly nauseous and didn't want to eat anything, had pokey twinges on each side and a sharpish poking on the front wall of my uterus.  I imagined that was where it was burrowing in.  In the middle of last night, I had a bad insulin reaction, and wonder if that did it.  Or maybe the loss/hormones caused the reaction, who knows.  But I was startled this morning when I looked in the toilet and saw a heavy liquid-mass of dark blood.  About an hour later, cramping started, and I passed another mass of blood which was red.  I used a tampon then, and when I removed it a little while ago, the singular blob followed it.  I know the baby cells are too small to see, but it had definite structure to it that looked like pictures of 4weeks. 

Anyway sorry, didn't want to gross anyone out there, just wanted to tell it.  To my girlfriends, this is just my period, a day late.  To me, it's a loss. 

But I think I'm okay. ...TIRED!  No more obsessing. ;)  I have a wonderful loving husband, and a good life.  We'll talk tonight.  I'll be taking better care of myself, and keeping track of my cycle.  Who knows... at least now I believe we are fertile. 

Hugs, lady.  I'm so sorry for your loss, but I am happy for you and your options now. be nice to yourself during this time.  A loss is certainly a loss, I don't care how early.

Quote:

smile.gif  HUGS back to all of you, thank you for being here and being so understanding.  I'm feeling GOOD today!  Well, this is weird, but I still "feel pregnant," lol, so whatever!  Maybe it's just all in my brain. 

Dh and I had a nice date last night.  And I finally brought up the subject of having another baby, that I don't think his vasectomy has held up.  Does he want to avoid a pg'cy?  No!  He said if God gives us another child, that would be great... but I don't think he really believes I have been experiencing early pr'cy symptoms.  I'm 39, so he thinks it might be menopause.  Whatever! 

So... I'm officially waiting to be ready. Good category!  I'm not going to temp, but I'll be watching for ewcm.  I need to get my diabetes in better control, and take care of some things around the house.  The clock is ticking, but there's no big rush...right? 

No rush at all. lol.  Get babydancing, lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozal View Post

Thanks everyone for all the love. smile.gif It means a lot to me. You know I'll be stalking you all, right?! A2e, go get that cd14 egg! 

<3  go git it, A2E!

AFM- please move me officially to WAITING TO O.  temp drop and spotting this a.m.  Slept 12 hours too. ahhhhhh. I've worked a lot this week and really looked forward to this morning. Older kids are at the exdh's house for spring break, dh took our youngest to school. I slept and slept and slept. texted him to tell him I slept in and then AF came and he said "good for sleep, and now you aren't in limbo anymore" . <3  Glad he got how hard the not knowing my body is right now. Love that guy!

I have a nice shiny new chart on FF, have restarted lowcarb (Traditional Foods/Primal Low carb is my friend.  I've been on that path for years, and this winter got lax and put on some weight, don't feel well with it. ) Plus I've heard that can help greatly with fertility.  Cleaning up the diet, moving more and *going to* get a BFP this month!

(Looking at the month, I'm a big nerd, btw.  If I O during the week of the full moon, I could conceivably deliver on December's full moon. that would be cool.

#50 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybaby2012 View Post

AFM- please move me officially to WAITING TO O.  temp drop and spotting this a.m.  Slept 12 hours too. ahhhhhh. I've worked a lot this week and really looked forward to this morning. Older kids are at the exdh's house for spring break, dh took our youngest to school. I slept and slept and slept. texted him to tell him I slept in and then AF came and he said "good for sleep, and now you aren't in limbo anymore" . <3  Glad he got how hard the not knowing my body is right now. Love that guy!

I have a nice shiny new chart on FF, have restarted lowcarb (Traditional Foods/Primal Low carb is my friend.  I've been on that path for years, and this winter got lax and put on some weight, don't feel well with it. ) Plus I've heard that can help greatly with fertility.  Cleaning up the diet, moving more and *going to* get a BFP this month!

Bellybaby, I'm going to be the same way this time around as far as making sure there's an early hb and another and probably another. (I had a missed m/c; development stopped at 8w, found out and induced m/c at 13w, so I have a couple milestones to mentally get through.) Also started AF in full force today and am re-committing to paleo-ish diet (after today; I'm going to drown my sorrows in one last fries-and-Dr-Pepper from McD's). redface.gif You and your positivity are helpful for me...I was wallowing this morning. (yay for sleeping in!!! how glorious and nice of our dh)

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#51 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Hi everyone! What a wonderful thread! I really appreciate the wonderful stories you all share!

Well, I got a BFP on Wednesday, March 7. Just when I had given up all hope of having a baby. I'm 26, had a m/c at 5 months in December 2010. Been suffering with depression and being treated with PTSD since then.

My bf and I had intercourse once this cycle, didn't think much of it. When my period didn't come and my breasts/areolas enlarged, I decided to test. Came back negative on Tuesday afternoon at the doctor's office but positive on a hpt Wednesday morning! Can't believe it!

joy.gif
#52 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegenrae View Post

Bellybaby, I'm going to be the same way this time around as far as making sure there's an early hb and another and probably another. (I had a missed m/c; development stopped at 8w, found out and induced m/c at 13w, so I have a couple milestones to mentally get through.) Also started AF in full force today and am re-committing to paleo-ish diet (after today; I'm going to drown my sorrows in one last fries-and-Dr-Pepper from McD's). redface.gif You and your positivity are helpful for me...I was wallowing this morning. (yay for sleeping in!!! how glorious and nice of our dh)

How fun to see that some of you do a paleo-ish diet. I've been paleo/primal for over a year now and I'm hoping that helps with TTCing!

#53 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Babybelly - great for the sleep! Wow, 12 hours! Good luck this month, eh?

Candyshells - Sorry for the loss, but glad to feel you're feeling better now!

Nisojon - Sounds good! Wow, 16 day LP - that's like my dream! FXed for you big time. And thanks for sharing about the local cultural approach, I find that super interesting. I'm not religious myself, but somehow I find others' religious approaches sometimes very soothing in a sense.

Stegenrae - I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you were just recounting, but that pain must be unimaginably terrible -- same goes for you KalaniR. I'm so glad you both are here moving forward! FXed for a sticky bean, KalaniR and congratulations on the BFP!! Glad you could share it with us!

A2E - I'm SO crossing fingers and toes for you - so hopeful this month! That's so great!!! Glad you got good vibes AND perfect timing!

NewToTTC - so glad your ultrasound went well. You've definitely inspired me to ask for one soon. I think it's a great idea to be able to check potential issues of the list!

Gozal and Gemmine - CONGRATS to both of you and thanks for inspiring us!

LindsayDawn - So agree about doing the things you wouldn't be able to otherwise - I am so into that strategy - and have been enjoying new wines as a result!

Anyalily - I may have already commented on this, but I totally agree about retreat time. It's so hard to extract yourself from your everyday routine.

I'm sure I missed some ladies out there, but I hope everyone has a great weekend. AFM 9dpo here, a BFN... just keeping myself busy with other stuff, I guess. But DD's new nursery school has its gala fundraising event tomorrow night and I'm gonna have a glass champagne if no BFP yet, and I'm going to apply for a job (long shot but something I really want) and if I got it, I'd want to wait a while. I guess I'm all into consolation prizes!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#54 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 PM

Hey everyone. I can't believe there were no February BFPs!!!

I haven't checked in since January when this cycle started so I figured I'd pop in.

Congrats to all the new BFPs!

I'm on CD63..... So I guess I can be moved to WTF is Going On??

irked.gif

I guess it makes sense considering the ridiculously high levels of stress I've been under since my sister moved here.

Me (24)photosmile2.gif & Him (25)tiphat.gif  

trying to makebabe.gifsince March '11

#55 of 59 Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 PM

NewtoTTC- your charts sound just like mine.  Same short Luteal phase, same low temps.  I'm glad your US looked good. 

Can someone tell me what MDC is please?

#56 of 59 Old 03-10-2012, 03:57 AM

jpack: FX for you too! Hope that BFP is right around the corner for you!

Fnord: Sorry to hear about the goofy cycle and stress! Hope things calm down for you soon and everything gets straightened out! *hugs*

lizzilo: MDC = Mothering Dot Com wink1.gif

Can you please move me to to the 2ww, pretty please?

Ima get knocked up this month! wink1.gif

This is the BIGGEST temp jump I have EVER got for O! I'm excited. Plus I had hardly ANY O pains, which seems silly to be excited over, I know. However, every month that I HAVE had strong O pains.... Well, I've ended up not pregnant so I think it's a good sign and I just feel SO good about this month. It's a REALLY good time for us right now and I just feel super positive. smile.gif

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#57 of 59 Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 AM

Fnord...   Yikes! Have you considered any sort of interventions or supplements to end your current cycle so you can start anew?

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#58 of 59 Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Nisojon I am a big fan of advice, it is part of why I am here!  I havent tried primrose oil, fish oil, or choke cherry, do you know what exactly they are supposed to help with hormonally?  The only supplements I have taken so far are B6 to try to naturally up my progesterone, and Vitex.  I only took the Vitex for 1 month, it lengthened the rest of my cycle by a couple days but still only a 9 day LP.  I am also wondering the more I learn if that cycle may have been a chemical pregnancy, because it was so different.  I always get a temp drop, then light spotting the next day, then AF the next day, and the month I was on Vitex I ended up with temp drop on 9 dpo, followed by heavy AF w/lots of clots same day (sorry TMI, but just wondering if this sounds like very early mc?)  I will have to do reading on the additional supplements.  I am always looking for ways to help.  I think I have decided to give this month off from any supplements except the B6 so that I can really get a good picture of what my body is doing on its own when I get all my bloodwork done in a couple weeks.  Then next month I am hoping to have a new game plan.  Theoretically I tell myself this is good, that I will relax this month... then the babycrazy part of me says, yeah, I will relax and then maybe I will get pregnant and I won't have to stress anymore!  Sorry for the realllly long answer to a short question.  

Lizzilo how long is your overall cycle?  Mine is generally 26 days, which makes the short LP even more frustrating.  How long have you been trying for?  Have you done any supplementing?

Jpack good luck, hopefully this month will give you your BFP, and if not at least a longer LP.  Enjoy your champagne and party!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#59 of 59 Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

New threads up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1347537/the-one-thread-luck-o-the-irish-edition-march-11-18#post_16907922

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page