positive OPK? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also posted this in "trying to concieve #2" but I thought I might try a larger audience

Okay, this is my first month using Wondfo OPK strips and I just need a little input.  I realize that if I wait to do a couple more tests I might have an answer but I'm feeling impatient.   Does CD 16 look positive?

IMG_5529.JPG

Oh, and also when I do get a positive then when am I ovulating.  Is it that once I get a negative after the positive I know I have already?

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post

I also posted this in "trying to concieve #2" but I thought I might try a larger audience

Okay, this is my first month using Wondfo OPK strips and I just need a little input.  I realize that if I wait to do a couple more tests I might have an answer but I'm feeling impatient.   Does CD 16 look positive?

Oh, and also when I do get a positive then when am I ovulating.  Is it that once I get a negative after the positive I know I have already?

Looks close, keep on testing!

BTW, I got 2-3 LH surges this month, all my pics are on the "OPK Progression" thread.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Looks very close! I had one that looked just like that a couple days ago, took one later that night and it was positive...  they went back to negative by the next morning, and I had temp spike this morning. Still waiting to have a few more high temps to confirm ovulation, but for me that's what the first test looked like the morning I had LH surge. Good luck! :)

Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

awesome!  thanks guys

I did another around lunch time that was the same or maybe a little darker. I'll do another this evening and then attack DH when he gets home.

I've been staring at these things for so many days that my eyes just kind of blur when I'm looking at them and everything looks the same so it helps to have other eyes on them.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

It does look like part of it is positive.  I'm not sure what Wondfo requires for a positive- you might want to call the company to confirm.  Some OPK's say if part of the line is darker than the control, then it's positive.  Other brands require that more than half of the line be darker than the control to be positive.   I would try testing again this late afternoon or evening as LH tends to surge in the afternoon.

When you get a true positive then it is likely that you will ovulate within the next 24-36 hours- assuming you get a negative the next day.  If you get another positive then your surge may be continuing indicating that you're still gearing up to O, but never succeeded.  What is your cervical fluid like?  If it's eggwhite in consistency then I would assume that you will O within the next two days and just keep DTD until your CF dries up.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

I added a new image up top.  Well, though those last CD 16s look pretty faded (i should have taken pictures yesterday) the last one did look pretty positive when it was "fresh"  and obvioulsy CD 17 looks pretty darn positive.

So, my questions now are about ovulation bleeding and when the test will go negative in relation to ovulation.  Last night I had spotting after sex, which is NOT normal for me. I ran to the computer at 1am to see if I could figure out what was going on and it seemed like it might have been Ovulation spotting.  I noticed it a couple hours after BD and it corresponded with some cramping.  Could that have been ovulation spotting if I still have such a clear positive this morning.  I don't know if it matters but today's test was FMU.  Doesn't the egg stay "active" for like 24 hours?

And yes, I did/do have EWCM.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post

I added a new image up top.  Well, though those last CD 16s look pretty faded (i should have taken pictures yesterday) the last one did look pretty positive when it was "fresh"  and obvioulsy CD 17 looks pretty darn positive.

So, my questions now are about ovulation bleeding and when the test will go negative in relation to ovulation.  Last night I had spotting after sex, which is NOT normal for me. I ran to the computer at 1am to see if I could figure out what was going on and it seemed like it might have been Ovulation spotting.  I noticed it a couple hours after BD and it corresponded with some cramping.  Could that have been ovulation spotting if I still have such a clear positive this morning.  I don't know if it matters but today's test was FMU.  Doesn't the egg stay "active" for like 24 hours?

And yes, I did/do have EWCM.

I also had spotting on CD8 after BDing and have read that ovulation spotting is very rare (and sometimes from a popped ovarian cyst), so I just assumed it was from BDing. It also takes sperm at least 1-12 hrs to get to the egg AND for conception to occur. I had a positive earlier this cycle with EWCM and also had a positive OPK on Tue and had tons (compared to the rest of the month) of EWCM yesterday, so that's how I knew.

The thing with OPKs is that they only detect the surge of the LH hormone, which is not an indication if ovulation has occurred. Some women get 3 positives in a row and ovulate on the first positive or the two days after the last positive. If relying soley on OPKs I suggest testing for the rest of the month. 

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM

Help! I'm trying to conceive for the 3rd and final time and I just can't tell if I ovulated am ovulating? Can anyone tell me if these are positive?????
Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

they are looking closer, but i had those for weeks before O.... I just try to dtd every day or every other day.  do you temp?  that is the only way you can tell if you actually ovulate rather than gearing up to O.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM

No I haven't started temping yet! But I have checked my cervix. It's low and open???

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List