The ONE Thread, Luck o' the Irish Edition! March 11 - 18 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 69 Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for March 11-18!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

bellybaby2012

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

hadleymunroe

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

keylimecutie

krunchyk

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

LisaAdkins20

Lisoula

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

rikkitikki

Rockabilly Mama

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif      

SilaMarila 

skeemama

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

travelmumma

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

indie1976

jpack BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LadyCatherine185

mamabear08 BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

newtoTTC

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

candyshells

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

LivingSky

Michaels-Mommy

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

ArtificialRed BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

hoping4just1more

mamaforever BFPChart2.gif

skinnyloveBC BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 69 Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

*Trigger Warning*

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been out of touch this week, like I mentioned last week things have been really stressful at work. Long story short, we found out about 3 weeks ago that a recently hired teacher was a known sex offender with multiple aliases. As you can imagine, it has been devastating for the students and the school, especially as he worked not only as a classroom teacher but with a number of extra-curricular cultural groups. Our students already come from a very vulnerable community and it's just been awful. That added to the normal stress of teaching at this school has meant I've been pretty wiped out every evening I get home! 

I know this is super heavy, but we're not really allowed to talk to anyone in real life (although of course I talk to my husband) and it feels really good to have a safe space to unload a bit. 

I also wanted to say a big congrats to gozal!!! That is just fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you and very excited to move you to graduates :) I'm going to try really hard to be more involved in the thread this week, so hopefully I'll get to do some more personals then. 

shamrocksmile.gif Will anyone be testing on St Patricks Day? Lots of luck & babydust to you all! shamrocksmile.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 03:10 AM

Hi DoulaRebekah,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time.. I hope it all sorts itself out soon.. Is any action being taken about the worker at the school?

Can I be added to this thread? I think I will be joining under "Waiting To O" pretty please :)

Fingers crossed we all have a jolly green time this next month!

Hugs to all!!

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#4 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 06:40 AM

Wow, Rebekah! That's just terrifying! I can only imagine how vulnerable and upset the teachers, students and parents are! HUGE *hugs* and lots of love and light to everyone involved!

Also, wanted to mention you have me on both the 2ww and waiting to O... Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out. (I'm in the 2ww, in case you forgot so you don't have to go back to the other thread and check.)

Welcome travelmumma! Hope your stay is short and sweet!

I think this is going to be my last month charting... Honestly, after 8 years, I know when I am Oing and trying to make my chart agree sometimes just frustrates me more than it helps. I also think my O pains are throwing me off lately. I think all this time I have been trying to time BD when I start having O pains... and I think that I actually get them AFTER I O. So in doing that, we are BDing too late. This is the first month EVER that my CM and O pains have NOT matched up. They're usually the same day... This time my EWCM started on the evening of CD 13, was SUPER abundant on CD 14 and was pretty good on the morning of CD 15. My temp coincided with a CD 15 O and then on CD 16, I got the O pains (but CM was creamy, cervix was lower, etc.) Everything else tells me it was a CD 15 O but after all these years, it's worrying me that it's actually CD 16 and we had bad timing if it was. I know, in my head, that O pains are NOT a good indicator of O but for so many years I thought that meant I was Oing then that so it's hard to dismiss.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#5 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 AM

I was in the middle of responding to everyone in the last thread and clicked through to this one without thinking. erm. lost it all. lol

Anyway, congrats to the BFP!

Yay Primal!

FX for many March BFP!

I'm feeling pretty positive about this month.  My new thermometer works much better than what I was using early last month (when I wasn't really charting, and not using a bbt. lol) and my temps are nice and low right now. 

I'm researching ways to increase fertile CM, any thoughts?  I figure being more hydrated would be a good thing.  but I never really detected EW last month, barely got beyond creamy.  So I'm open to more thoughts.

Anyone else read the thread in traditional food board here on diet for fertility?

#6 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 AM

Geez, rebekah, that is awful.  What a rough thing to go through, and scary!  Thinking of you and the students. <3

#7 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

blowkiss.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#8 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post

shamrocksmile.gif Will anyone be testing on St Patricks Day? Lots of luck & babydust to you all! shamrocksmile.gif

That's a good idea! I should wait and test on St Patty's Day! shamrocksmile.gif

Right now I am Waiting To Know (2WW), don't know how many DPO, not really keeping count, but I'm sure I'll look at a calendar if I get a BFP.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#9 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 PM

BabyBelly2012- I have read  ?somewhere? that taking an amount of cough syrup on your fertile fays increases the amount of fertile CM by a fair amount..

Here is one article on it- but its all over the net

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

Hope that helps/is what you were looking for!!

Am about to start temping this month and I am so excited!!

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#10 of 69 Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Mucinex will also increase EWCM, and there are generic forms at the dollar stores. If you want to go natural, try raw carrots.

aHikaru likes this.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#11 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 AM

Hi ladies!

Been a while since I was around here, but I'm coming up on time to start TTC again and thought I should get back in the swing of things! This is my last cycle before DH and I start trying for #2. We had our DS back in July of last year and would really like our babes to be close together - 18 to 24 months would be ideal. Thankfully AF came back even though I'm nursing around the clock.

Anyway, I'm current Waiting to be Ready and my chart is here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LivingSky.

Big hug.gif to the ladies I know from before, and hello to the ladies I don't know!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#12 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Hi ladies!

Been a while since I was around here, but I'm coming up on time to start TTC again and thought I should get back in the swing of things! This is my last cycle before DH and I start trying for #2. We had our DS back in July of last year and would really like our babes to be close together - 18 to 24 months would be ideal. Thankfully AF came back even though I'm nursing around the clock.

Anyway, I'm current Waiting to be Ready and my chart is here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LivingSky.

Big hug.gif to the ladies I know from before, and hello to the ladies I don't know!

hola.gif

Crazy seeing you here already!!! Oh my gosh. I haven't even thought about starting to TTC again, LOL. I don't *think* I want to try again until Conner's 1 1/2-2... I want them to be 3ish years apart... I think.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

#13 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 AM

Hi LivingSky, I hope you get your close babies! AF didn't come back for me until I stopped nursing (and that was back in May). Good luck to you!

I'm at CD7 and Waiting to O. Thank you!

DS born 5/23/10. Trying for #2 since May 2011.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28d724 • http://tcoyf.com/members/sayschu/charts/default.aspx

#14 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Been so busy recently, my goodness!!  I hope there are lots of BFPs for me to see as I catch up... :)

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#15 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Hi ladies!

joy.gif Welcome back, my dear!!! So happy to see you again. Maybe we can be dd buddies THIS time around! smile.gif

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#16 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing!

AFM

I just got a wave of mood swings a couple hours ago, I'm in a grumpy mood and don't even want to test at all, ever! ... I think it's a good idea to stay inside today lol.gif

Oh, and I want a bean and cheese burrito, with pinto beans, not refried beans... grrrr! My minds all over the place right now, can't even focus on one thought...

blahblah.gif

#17 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 01:03 PM

bellybaby and stegenrae: I'm so very sorry for your losses. I can't imagine what that felt like. I understand your desire to hear the HB ASAP this time around! I bet that they could do an early doppler. I've read of them successfully detecting a HB at 6 weeks. In that case, they checked vaginally instead of on the belly.

doularebekah: What a shock that must have been! He sounds like an extremely selfish individual, to say the least. I'm glad that he was "figured out" but so sorry for the children who were in his class and groups.

AFM: Not much to report here. I bought some new jeans that I'm pretty much in love with. They're Seven maternity jeans. I was so scared that maternity clothes would make me feel miserable about myself, but these make me feel great! I was happy to get dressed for work today for the first time in many weeks.

Sending all of my Irish luck (what little I have, haha) your way! goodvibes.gif

#18 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Hi ladies!

Hi, DDC buddy! Funny seeing you here. (Our babies are one day apart, for those who are curious.) I've been lurking around more lately, too. DH and I want another baby asap, but I don't even want to spark the pregnancy goddesses' attention lest they put us through the wringer once more (but thank you goddesses for our wonderful DD!). I think we'd honestly both feel a little overwhelmed (but happy) to have it work right away, but I truly don't believe it will so let's PARTY! lol.gif I've had my cycle back for months, but this month was the first time there was really some kind of chance. Actually, in normal people land, it was very good timing. I don't even know if I'm ovulating yet, but there was a lot of ewcm. I don't even want to know, actually. Anyway, what am I doing?! We are NOT ttc: you hear that, pregnancy goddesses?! Just putting that out there...Bolt.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#19 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 PM

Quick check-in. 

OMG, DoulaR, that is crazy! Nightmare! I am so sorry for your community and I hope he didn't get the chance to hurt anyone.

May I please be moved to waiting to O? I got my flow right on time. This cycle and last I have had some serious clotting. Does that mean something?

This is officially 6 cycles that we did not conceive. I am not worried, I think it will happen when it is meant to. At least I have another chance to get back on the diet and exercise wagon. I feel more of a sense of loss that I didn't lose 20 pounds in the time I have been TTC. What waste of time... Instead I GAINED 10 pounds. Ugh!

I think I should go primal/paleo for a while. I have had good success with that in the past and it beats counting calories and obsessing... I like me some meat and veggies!

Love and dust to you all!

A

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#20 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Awh! All of these ladies coming back from when I first joined!!! YAY!

#21 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 PM

Wow, lots of new additions to the list over here!

rebekah, I'm sorry your school is having to deal with such a potentially threatening situation. I hope everyone is okay and things relax for you soon.

Can you please move me to waiting to O?

Also, here's my chart link: www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2acefb/

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#22 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 PM

Hiya Tear78!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#23 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Tear78, that was very funny about the goddesses. It's good to be careful what you wish for (see below!)

Anyalily, sorry about AF my dear. You sound really zen, which is great! But it can kinda sting every month, too...

A2E, I loved your earlier post about getting knocked up. That was so funny and uplifting! I've got my FXed for you, and about the timing, I think you're right to stick with the signs that overlap, since pains can be deceptive. Please don't take this as critical or a suggestion, but (out of curiosity) have you used OPKs? I ask because I realized that my temp begins to rise before I O (or at least have for the last couple months). Totally threw me off, but makes sense now.

DoulaR, sorry about the situation at school, that's dreadful and I hope it's getting straightened out and there's room for healing.

So... I got a BFP yesterday AM. Kinda extreme to call it a BFP, it was a squinter. But then a clear BFP on a clear blue (not digi) and another less-squinty BFP on another wondfo this AM... Beta today but no results yet. YAY! I'm still super hesitant since I feel a little been-there-done-that after January. The reason it's so funny is that this was (a) the only month we only had ONE good BD in the window, and (b) at the auction benefit for my DD's new school, I won the bid for a week in two apartments in a small town in Italy (to be used any time in the next year). I had planned it all out in advance with DH and my mother - we are going to go the five of us and use air miles to get there so it turns out to be a cheap trip. HOWEVER, off-peak for miles (the only way we have enough to cover everyone) begins October 15. If this bean sticks, I'd be due November 21. Pretty funny, right? Like, six perfectly timed cycles and this crazy one is the one that works? So I guess I won't be allowed to go to Italy at the end of October (also my 30th birthday) because I'll be like 36 weeks pregnant. I mean, I know I'm a little cart-before-the-horse, here, but I feel like it's only my luck! And not to mention I wouldn't have bid if I had known, and I ended up with the 1st squinter like 12 hours later. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining, it just gets back to Tear78's post and being careful what you wish for! Life is SO funny! (And I'm gonna regret this post A LOT if this bean doesn't stick... here I am looking at the irony. At least I'll plan one heck of a trip to Italy!)

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#24 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM

I'm in the TWW and am desperate to test! I'd link to my chart, but not quite sure how. Good luck everyone!

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif
#25 of 69 Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 PM

Jpack A BFP is always something to celebrate.  Congratulations on your little turkey baby!!!  One of the great things about telling people here is you have a group you can tell things to right away, no matter what may or may not happen.  Sending lots of sticky bean thoughts your way.

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#26 of 69 Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Hiya Tear78!

Hi, love! Always, ALWAYS rooting for you!

jpack, congratulations! Sorry about your trip. I suppose there's no rescheduling for earlier? I hope this little beans sticks around for you! goodvibes.gif

I say I'm nervous about the idea of it working right away, but I would be thrilled to be honest. It took us 2 1/2+ years and an IVF the first time, so if we can avoid TTC and get another healthy child I would be doing a dance. broc1.gif In the meantime, I really am trying to NOT ttc and just go with the flow, because I am not sure my mental stability can withstand it just yet. I'll surely be lurking around here though! innocent.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#27 of 69 Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 AM

Welcome (back) Tear! I can't believe all these second time around-ers that are coming back. It's exciting and kind of bittersweet for me at the same time... but I'm happy to see ya'll again!

jpack: Yeah, I did use OPKs this time around. I don't normally but I got a great deal at Target and I got an almost positive on CD 13 and a definite positive on CD 14 so that, too, supports a CD 15 O. I'm starting to think I just have a slow-to-rise temp (it's started to go up to a decent temp today) and the O pains were just later than usual for some reason. Last cycle was weird because it was after my loss BUT I did notice I had O pains the day of O PLUS 3 days after O so I guess those just can't be relied on anymore. And a HUGE Congratulations to you!!! How exciting! FX for good numbers and a nice, healthy, growing bean! smile.gif

While we're talking to the pregnancy goddesses, I would like to let them know I'd really like to move on this month... I don't want to hit my 5 and a half year anniversary next month of waiting for another. Really, Really, REALLY want to move on!

#28 of 69 Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 AM

congrats! Jpack joy.gif

fingersx.gif happy and healthy 9 months fingersx.gif

#29 of 69 Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmumma View Post

BabyBelly2012- I have read  ?somewhere? that taking an amount of cough syrup on your fertile fays increases the amount of fertile CM by a fair amount..

Here is one article on it- but its all over the net

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

Hope that helps/is what you were looking for!!

Am about to start temping this month and I am so excited!!

You know, I'd seen that on Sperm Meets Egg plan. Makes sense, I guess, as long as it increases fertile cm and not just make you juicier in general?  I may want more natural things first, though I've been known to use OTC stuff like this when I'm sick so I'm not totally against it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Mucinex will also increase EWCM, and there are generic forms at the dollar stores. If you want to go natural, try raw carrots.

Raw carrots!  really?  Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post

bellybaby and stegenrae: I'm so very sorry for your losses. I can't imagine what that felt like. I understand your desire to hear the HB ASAP this time around! I bet that they could do an early doppler. I've read of them successfully detecting a HB at 6 weeks. In that case, they checked vaginally instead of on the belly.

doularebekah: What a shock that must have been! He sounds like an extremely selfish individual, to say the least. I'm glad that he was "figured out" but so sorry for the children who were in his class and groups.

AFM: Not much to report here. I bought some new jeans that I'm pretty much in love with. They're Seven maternity jeans. I was so scared that maternity clothes would make me feel miserable about myself, but these make me feel great! I was happy to get dressed for work today for the first time in many weeks.

Sending all of my Irish luck (what little I have, haha) your way! goodvibes.gif

So what I wonder, is that 6 weeks the way dr's figure it? (from LMP?) or 6 weeks from conception?  bc 6 weeks from LMP would be so nice and early, I could probably wait it out til then to even tell anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Quick check-in. 

OMG, DoulaR, that is crazy! Nightmare! I am so sorry for your community and I hope he didn't get the chance to hurt anyone.

May I please be moved to waiting to O? I got my flow right on time. This cycle and last I have had some serious clotting. Does that mean something?

This is officially 6 cycles that we did not conceive. I am not worried, I think it will happen when it is meant to. At least I have another chance to get back on the diet and exercise wagon. I feel more of a sense of loss that I didn't lose 20 pounds in the time I have been TTC. What waste of time... Instead I GAINED 10 pounds. Ugh!

I think I should go primal/paleo for a while. I have had good success with that in the past and it beats counting calories and obsessing... I like me some meat and veggies!

Love and dust to you all!

A

Primal Paleo Traditional Foods and low carb sort of all together work really well for me.  I need the whole food, un-effed-with ness of TF and Primal, but really need to be low carb too to lose any weight.  I'm doing induction level for the first part of my cycle this month and then will either add in very slowly as long as I'm losing, or add in a few more if I get  BFP.  I'm really not scared of ketosis during pregnancy, but I do realize I may need to be flexible during the first few months in particular when steak and liver may not sound as good as they do now! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpack View Post

Tear78, that was very funny about the goddesses. It's good to be careful what you wish for (see below!)

Anyalily, sorry about AF my dear. You sound really zen, which is great! But it can kinda sting every month, too...

A2E, I loved your earlier post about getting knocked up. That was so funny and uplifting! I've got my FXed for you, and about the timing, I think you're right to stick with the signs that overlap, since pains can be deceptive. Please don't take this as critical or a suggestion, but (out of curiosity) have you used OPKs? I ask because I realized that my temp begins to rise before I O (or at least have for the last couple months). Totally threw me off, but makes sense now.

DoulaR, sorry about the situation at school, that's dreadful and I hope it's getting straightened out and there's room for healing.

So... I got a BFP yesterday AM. Kinda extreme to call it a BFP, it was a squinter. But then a clear BFP on a clear blue (not digi) and another less-squinty BFP on another wondfo this AM... Beta today but no results yet. YAY! I'm still super hesitant since I feel a little been-there-done-that after January. The reason it's so funny is that this was (a) the only month we only had ONE good BD in the window, and (b) at the auction benefit for my DD's new school, I won the bid for a week in two apartments in a small town in Italy (to be used any time in the next year). I had planned it all out in advance with DH and my mother - we are going to go the five of us and use air miles to get there so it turns out to be a cheap trip. HOWEVER, off-peak for miles (the only way we have enough to cover everyone) begins October 15. If this bean sticks, I'd be due November 21. Pretty funny, right? Like, six perfectly timed cycles and this crazy one is the one that works? So I guess I won't be allowed to go to Italy at the end of October (also my 30th birthday) because I'll be like 36 weeks pregnant. I mean, I know I'm a little cart-before-the-horse, here, but I feel like it's only my luck! And not to mention I wouldn't have bid if I had known, and I ended up with the 1st squinter like 12 hours later. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining, it just gets back to Tear78's post and being careful what you wish for! Life is SO funny! (And I'm gonna regret this post A LOT if this bean doesn't stick... here I am looking at the irony. At least I'll plan one heck of a trip to Italy!)

Well, congrats to you!  It'll all work out as it should.  Could you go a little later and take the new little one?

AFM- I'm just relaxing during Spring Break.  I'm starting a meditation class and am going to incorporate a little meditation break every day.  (goal is 10 minutes which is what we do in class, but if I can do 5 I'll be happy for now.  I have a monkey mind!)

I'm continuing with my rrl/redclover/nettle/mint infusion daily, but I'd like to kick that up a bit and make more than 1-2 cups. Might add some more herbs to it as well. 

DH and I have cut out drinking all but Fri/Sat and this past weekend I had much less than usual.  (we are wine with dinner folks, which is fine but we need a break for a while and I thought I should definitely give it a break while ttc)  I'm on day 6 of low carb with a couple (well planned) exceptions (like homemade grassfed mini burgers on mine chebe bread buns with a side of homemade, organic, local fries in coconut oil- saved for me from dinner and were ready for me after I worked late last week. mmm)

feeling very positive.  I have a very steady, low string of temps ranging from 96.6-96.8 after a significant drop from last month (97.5-97.7) FX for this month!

#30 of 69 Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 AM

You can add me to 2WW... I'm going a little crazy over here still being too early to test... but my chart is looking really pretty! So really hoping for that BFP soon. :)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22cbaa/

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page