April 2WW Thread! (when will you test?) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 145 Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi daurelia,

Welcome.

So sorry to hear about MC, hope you're healthy and doing well now.

Can you tell me what you've heard about RRL tea? My friend recommended it and then I read some contradicting opinions on when or when not to drink it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#122 of 145 Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM

@dakipode, thanks for the warm welcome!

Let me explain what I know about the tea. After my MC my periods were wonky and never completely got back to normal. I spotted throughout my luteal phase. This NEVER went away. I'm talking like 8 months like this. It was really frustrating for me. Someone told me about the tea and said it really helps with regulation of the menstrual cycle. So for an entire cycle I drank two teabags worth a day. IT WORKED! My problem 100% went away and I went back to having a normal cycle again for the first time since my MC.

So in addition to regulating your cycle, it's supposed to enrich the uterine lining, which helps with TTC.

My friend had a molar pregnancy and had to have a D&C. Afterwards her GYN recommended the tea too, so this is something legitimately recognized in the medical field.

The bad thing about RRL tea is that it is not good for pregnancy, it can cause uterine contractions and prevent implantation. So that time period when I drank it constantly for a whole cycle was before we were trying again. Now, I only drink it prior to ovulation.

Does that answer your question!?

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#123 of 145 Old 04-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Awesome! Thanks daurelia! I picked up some tea and I'm a big tea drinker and I was afraid of overdoing it. I drink half a liter to a liter of tea every day. Would you continue drinking this after O, i.e. during 2WW, or not since it's not good for pregnancy?

#124 of 145 Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Yeah this cycle I only drank it prior to ovulation for that reason. I have no clue what the actual impact on implantation would be, but I didn't want to take my chances :)

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#125 of 145 Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 AM

I drank RRL tea throughout my last pregnancy on the advice of my midwife. However, I didn't start drinking it until I had a confirmed BFP. I know it's meant to support the reproductive system & help prevent miscarriage & hemorrhaging, so I can't imagine it would hurt, but I don't know for sure.

I'm excited. FF finally picked up my ovulation and I'm officially on the 2WW! I'm DPO 3 & it looks like DH & I had some good timing on the BD'ing. I'm all pumped up now. I just finished 2 days of doula training and feel I have all this wealth of information that I can bring to my next pregnancy. And, I put my resignation in at work (I'm a teacher), so as of May 24 I am a SAHM! I think the timing is great. I'm going to try to wait to test until DPO 13 or 14 -- that's when I got my BFP last time. It's going to be hard.

Good luck to everyone else and have a great weekend!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#126 of 145 Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 AM

Any suggestions on where to get this Red Raspberry Tea?  Brands? Stores?  I wouldn't mind trying, perhaps it will get rid of my spotting.

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#127 of 145 Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimettc View Post

Any suggestions on where to get this Red Raspberry Tea?  Brands? Stores?  I wouldn't mind trying, perhaps it will get rid of my spotting.

I'm in Colorado, and most grocery stores carry this. Try Yogi Tea or Traditional Medicinal teas. Your best bet will be a local health food store. You might also look to see if you have any herbalists in your area that can custom blend it. Finally, you can probably find it online loose & bulk if you want to. Hope that helps!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#128 of 145 Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maydaymom10 View Post

Finally, you can probably find it online loose & bulk if you want to. Hope that helps!

Yeah, that. If you're going to be drinking a lot of it, you'll want to buy it loose and in bulk. I've gotten mine from Mountain Rose Herbs before and have had good interactions with that company.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#129 of 145 Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 PM

just a point of clarification...what you're looking for is Red Raspberry *LEAF* tea. Not the fruit tea. I made that mistake waaaay back in the day when I was pg with my now-7yo. It was yummy, but did nothing for my uterus. ;) It's a good thing my Bradley instructor had the right stuff the next week at our class, so I knew what to look for. (I didn't have any crunchy mama friends just yet, lol!)

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#130 of 145 Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Ahhh, thanks! Red Raspberry LEAF tea!  Good to know, I'll look online and at the local health food store, and at my market.  I'm sure I can find it somewhere!  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#131 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I haven't posted much on this thread but I have a BFP alert! Got a good positive with barely 10 seconds of an evening pee!!!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#132 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM

BAILEYB! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How many days DPO are you??

#133 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 PM

BaileyB: CONGRATS! HOORAY! I wish you all the best!

#134 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Congrats Bailey! orngbiggrin.gif

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#135 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks! I am 16 dpo and I have a 16 day LP. As I was peeing on the stick I was thinking, "This is dumb. This is a cheap generic test that says it isn't accurate until after your missed period. And I am taking it at night. This is dumb. And I barely have any pee......Hey it's positive!!!!"

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#136 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Thanks! I am 16 dpo and I have a 16 day LP. As I was peeing on the stick I was thinking, "This is dumb. This is a cheap generic test that says it isn't accurate until after your missed period. And I am taking it at night. This is dumb. And I barely have any pee......Hey it's positive!!!!"

lol.gif: Pleasantly surprised, you were. lol.gif:

#137 of 145 Old 04-24-2012, 07:43 PM

Congrats BailyB !

#138 of 145 Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM

New here, hoping to join! Your thread has actually helped me feel not so crazy about wondering if my symptoms are early pregnancy ones or just AF on the way. Little bit about myself, hubby and I were TTC after our wedding in late 2009 but after failing for 6 months, we took some time off to get healthy. After dropping 145 lbs and counting (yes, 145!), I am much healthier and happier and hopefully much more fertile! I was on Nuvaring until last month, went off it and had a regular period and definitely ovulated (always been in tune with my body and able to tell ovulation based on cm and one-sided cramping). I also put my info into an online ovulation calendar just to know ahead of time and I was supposed to ovulate on the 18th but be fertile for a few days before. SO..since it's our first time back at it and we haven't gotten too serious about it yet, we tried the week before last week for 2 days then went on vacay to Hawaii last week and tried the 15th-19th! This hopefully covered the window of opportunity if I O'd earlier or a little later but we shall see! I said if I'm not then I am buying the book TCOYF and will work on charting, trying MUCINEX, etc. I have had a lot of symptoms since we started trying during my fertile days from random nausea (car sickness, plane sickness, random sickness that has made me rush to the bathroom and dry heave!) No sickness on our boat ride so I was thinking if it was a motion thing, the boat on rough waters would have definitely made me hurl! I've never gotten motion sickness before either. I've had bad bloat and indigestion, very gassy which isn't usual (lots of burping even), mild cramping focused on the center of my uterus and not so much my ovaries like usual ones are, very hungry, VERY emotional, headaches, sore nipples/tender breasts, backaches and exhaustions (slept from 4pm-7pm today after work! never happens). I also just feel sick if that makes sense? Like I have a cold and am worn down. I do know that these are all PMS symptoms so I'm not holding my breath until I know. I am going on 7 dpo tomorow, will wait to test until closer to when AF is due (I did take one test but didn't even get a negative..NOTHING showed up? Bad test?) 

thanks all!!! SO excited for those who have recently gotten their positives and those still trying!!! :) 

#139 of 145 Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 PM

Just looked up the EPT I took and it says since the control window didn't show a line (not even after 20 minutes and counting!) then it is a bad test. I figured that much. The really odd thing is while I was taking it, I was thinking to myself "You are ONLY going on 7 dpo, this is way too soon to test, you're going to see a negative and be sad" then literally said out loud "I'd rather see nothing than a negative..." and BAM..NOTHING! Even showed DH and he said to wait until the day before my expected period and see then. So I have until Tuesday and am going to work hard to stay strong and not test!

#140 of 145 Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 PM

Hello HOpp123, I applaud your tremendous weight loss! It's inspiring to hear that you took the time to get your body healthy for a great pregnancy! A friend of mine did that and ended up with a BFP on her first try! Good luck to you!

#141 of 145 Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 AM

Thank you- that means a lot smile.gif also thank you for giving me hope! I know TTC can take sometime but it is great to see/hear of others successes! I appreciate it!
#142 of 145 Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 PM

Okay so I am 7 dpo, going on 8 and last night I took an EDT pregnancy test (I know, early to do so) and I waited the 10 minutes (as fast as 2, as long as 10) for my results and not even the control box showed! SO I wrote it off as a faulty pregnancy test and put it away. I didn't bother looking at it this morning but just in curiosity tonight I checked it to see if the control box line even showed. To my surprise, BOTH lines are there..one for the positive and one for the control. HELP! Was it too far past the window of time allotment for this to be counted as an actual positive? If it goes past the 10 minutes, should the results be void? I did test at night and fairly early in my days past O (6, not even to 10 yet) so I'm not sure if my hCG levels were just so low that it took time to show or? False positive? HELP!!!!

#143 of 145 Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM

HOpp123- I checked the directions on the test that I have and it says not to read it after 10 minutes. mecry.gif Do you have another one that you can retest with? That's what I'd do just to settle my nerves. I'm also DPO 7, but I know I'd get a bfn right now, so I'm not even going there. Good luck. I really hope that you ended up with a really early bfp!!

AFM - I'm 7 dpo today. Not ready to test, but starting to have (I think) some signs?? It's so hard trying to remember when I was waiting to test with ds, but my breasts are tender & feel swollen. Also, I keep getting the weird nipple twinges. Weird, I know. I remember having them during my pregnancy with ds, but not until later on in the pregnancy. I had a dream last night that I was lactating, and in my dream I decided this meant that I was preggo for sure. Weird. I still think I'll wait until next week until I test, but these other signs are getting me anxious.

#144 of 145 Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 PM

thanks! I researched a lot of it and usually a false positive is a grey color, this is blue and comes in just as much as the control line does. I'm not sure what to think since it took both the control and the positive so long to come in, not just the positive! Oy. I'm just waiting until Tuesday because I don't want to test too soon and get a BFN or get another false positive, etc, etc. Tuesday will be about 1 day away from AF so I should be more in the clear, hopefully <3 thank you! nice to have someone else on 7 dpo!! sprinkling baby dust your way!

#145 of 145 Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 AM

Ugg. I'm need support on resisting the urge to test. I know it's too early (DPO 9). My temps spiked last night after a few days of being lower (although I had a restless sleep due frequent wakings from ds), and I've had some symptoms - most noticeably fatigue - that is just sending off some warning bells. Here's my chart if anyone wants to look. I really want to wait until DPO 13, but I don't know if I can hold off, despite the disappointment I know I'll get with a bfn right now.

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28dcd1/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page